The SWC Senate - Aflame

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benknobi1 Chosen One

star 6
  2. Admiral Volshe Chosen One

star 8
  3. benknobi1 Chosen One

star 6
  4. Darth Aiser Force Ghost

star 4
    Chancellor; Admiral Volshe
    Vice Chancellor: Sistros
    Speaker: Chewbacca89
  5. Adirondackjedi27 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Chancellor: Admiral Volshe
    Speaker:Chewbacca89
  6. Trask Ulgo Jedi Master

star 3
    Admiral Volshe for Chancellor
    Sistros for Vice Chancellor
    Chewbacca89 for Speaker.
    Admiral Volshe and Chewbacca89 like this.
  7. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Admiral Volshe for Chancellor
    Sistros for Vice Chancellor
    Chewbacca89 for Speaker.
  8. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Chancellor; Admiral Volshe
    Speaker: Chewbacca89
  9. awesomejedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Chancellor: Skywalker_T-65 of Abydos
    Vice Chancellor:Jedi Gunny of Ryloth
    Speaker:Bardan-Jusik of Manadalore
  10. aalagartassle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Chancellor: Jedi Gunny of Ryloth
    Vice Chancellor : Aalagar of Muunillinst
    Speaker : Skywalker T-65 of Abydos

*****steps up to the podium****
    Caretaker governments cannot introduce new laws into the senate.
    The right to vote for oneself is a right and no law can be given to stop it. Those senators that did not vote for oneself have been cohersed or swindled. There was no agreeance, no law for this to happen.
    The rule of law has been broken by the Caretaker Chancellor AV and Vice Chancellor SISTROS by accepting new memebers into the vote within the perscibed time and on no agreeance with all parties. This interceding in the rule of law will rule the electional process void in legality.
    If the two in question is deemed to have committed these acts their candicy should be revoked. I ask the Senate for a committe of 2 imperials and 2 Rebel senators from the parties to work together and ascertain if there is to be charges lain against the two in question.
    To make findings fair I ask the senate that the opposing faction choose 1 represenative each for their faction and one for the other faction [even if they were not included in the voting process].
    ****steps down to boo's whistles and catcalls****
    Roberto Calrissian likes this.
  11. Darth Aiser Force Ghost

star 4
    ~Steps up to the Podium~
    I was not aware of any laws or any motions that have moved in this election cycle, or any new laws. The right to vote for yourself has not been challenged nor will it be, But out as an act of Honor I have noticed where senators have abstained to voting themselves, which I applaud =D=, And what do you mean by adding new members into the vote? They clearly stated that if you were "new" or added during the Nomination Cycle then you couldn't nominate anyone, and if you were added during the "election Cycle" then you can't vote during the elections. As for this being a "care taker" government, this is Technically the order of Sucession in the case of the SC\Emperor\ Chief of State getting taken out, and now by holding elections they are following all protocol, within the means of their powers.

The ONLY law I have noted them changing or altering from all the differant Senate sessions I have attended is where we get to elect all three Offical Positions, which in the past we have always voted for the Top position who then appointed the VC and Speaker.

~returns to his seat~
    Last edited by Darth Aiser, Feb 2, 2013
    Admiral Volshe and Pearlsaber like this.
  12. aalagartassle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    To the esteemed Senator of Kamino, I ask you and all senators present.
    Point taken on the word caretaker, your faction obviously voted for leaders... I retract those comments.
    But
    1 If the Chancellor announces something pertaining that you can't vote for oneself.. is that a law, directive, edict or persuasion/swindle, or just a statement not intended to do any of those such things?
    2 If the Chancellor and Vice chancellor allow and actually push through new senators in [from any party] , once the cut off dates have been officially stated, what do you think this constitutes to? [I always thought the rule of law was the cornerstone of imperial policy] It is not a question if a senator cannot find the evidence. This would be found/ unfounded in the committee findings.

13. Imperial 1138 Jedi Master

star 2
    Note that Bazinga'd voted, too.
    The rules for the voting had not been established, and in the interest of encouraging participation in the game, the decision was made that people who entered before the voting stage began could vote, like how people who entered before the nomination stage could nominate.
    The decision was a discussion made in the open senate thread where anyone could participate in the interest of sustaining people's interest in the game, and not alienating any people who wanted to play.. There were no objections from anyone at all....until the imperials had clearly won. At which point it was suddenly a problem.
    Last edited by Imperial 1138, Feb 2, 2013
  14. Darth Aiser Force Ghost

star 4
    I would like to point out I am currently the Senator of Kuat,
    But to adress your Issues.
    And my faction did not hold a vote but as seeing as the fromer leader Sinre who must I remind you is in fact the Emperor of this August body, has appointed the current government as an act of continuity for the expressed and obvious purposes of guiding us thru the election process in an orderly way.
    1. The word of the Chancellor is not in fact law, and she asked for folks not to vote for themselves as its seems pretty cheap to have to vote for yourself, she was just asking for fairness on the matter, in my opinon of her actions.

2. As I have looked thru and noticed and read what all was said, I have acertained that the rule was as Stated. If you were added during the Nomination cycle that you may not in fact Nominate anyone, but you could vote during the Election cycle, and if you were added during the Election you couldn't vote, which would prevent either party from doing a practice as Sock voting or Puppet voting, showing up long enough to vote but not actually take part of the session. As it were, I did see some confusion on that matter even I was confused as I had joined to late for the Nominations and but I was allowed to vote in the elections, and the pushing thru as you call it wasd her getting the folks who were to late to Nominate but were allowed to vote as per the before hand agreed guidelines for this election.

And now for me to make a point I don't see any grounds even with the Allegations that they should be revoked of their right to run for office.
    Admiral Volshe likes this.
  15. aalagartassle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    My apologies Senator of Kuat, for thinking you were from Kamino [You certainly remind me of such an esteemed senator]
    So you admit there are inconsistencies in the voting process.
    I’ll spell it out to you
    from the posts before.
    AV :The cutoff time for joining before campaign voting has been reached. New players are welcome at any time, however they will not be able to vote on candidates for the Senate. The roster of those who can vote are:
    Comment: As you can plainly see new players cannot vote for senate positions

Sorry, figured it'd be more "for the people" this way. I can definitely change it
    Comment: Dictatorship

1. Voting closed for new senators on Friday.

So we regretfully cannot accept your votes. I apologise.
    Darth aiser
    yaa just read back there and noticed that oops...
    Comment: You yourself were informed

1. There is 1 day left in nominations before we move to voting.

Official Roster
    Chief of State (Emperor Sinrebirth, in a coma): Admiral VolsheVice Chief of State: SistrosSpeaker: Benknobi1
    Membership of the Imperial Party:Sistros of AnaxesAdmiral Volshe of NabooBenknobi1 of CorelliaChewbacca89 of Bespin Adirondackjedi27 of KaminoRainbow Knight Star of SerennoTrask Ulgo of Dantooine Darth_Kiryan of Commenor Thesevegetables of Shogun General Immodet of LorahnsImperial 1338 of Obroa-Skaicdgodin of CoruscantDarth Aiser of Kuat Jedimaster_1977 of Mygeeto
    Membership of the Rebel Party:Bardan_Jusik of MandaloreSkywalker_T-65 of AbydosJedi Gunny of RylothMandoBones of Concord DawnAdrian the Cool of New TiaraDarth Mystique (TEE) of KorribanAalagar of MuunillinistRoberto Calrissian of RuusanBazinga'd of Tatooineawesomejedi of Hapes

Comment Nominations were finished, voting now starts but does not follow rule 1.

AV Nominations are finished.

I'll post the list of candidates who are eligible to be voted for in a moment.

Voting will last 4 days from 21:30 today EST, until 21:30 EST February 4th, or until everyone has voted, whichever comes first

Please vote for one candidate per section, and do not vote for yourself.
    Comment statement political.
    Comment Darth Aisner said this is a statement [political statement] Definition of political statement The term political statement is used to refer to any act or non-verbal form of communication that is intended to influence a decision to be made for or by a political party.

Now to the 25 minutes you imperials call Negotiations on letting a new member in. Yes do the math it's twenty five minutes.
    But to answer 1138
    The rules for the voting had not been established, Comment YES THEY WERE see above ..and in the interest of encouraging participation in the game, the decision was made that people who entered before the voting stage began could vote Comment NO THEY WERE NOT see above , like how people who entered before the nomination stage could nominate. Comment AS PER THE RULES SET OUT
    The affair to rush in a new senator took all but 25 minutes before the imperials accepted it with no consultation.
    Yet another flip flop.
    This took 25 minutes. Why should I object when someone from a different faction is hanging themselves? There is more than even a seven year clause for illegality in the empire.
    Comment : Coercion/ manipulation of the system, using position.
    Sistros: so..is Cdgodin allowed to vote or no?
    AV:Eh... Sure

Sistros: Excellent
    Comment illegal by both senators
    There is more evidence to come.

And just for the Rebels point of view.

AV
    I'm amending my post from before.
    Dang my indecisiveness.
    Last edited by aalagartassle, Feb 2, 2013
  16. Darth Aiser Force Ghost

star 4
    . Voting closed for new senators on Friday.

So we regretfully cannot accept your votes. I apologise.

Darth aiser
    yaa just read back there and noticed that oops...

Ya that was for the Nominations as you have your self listed that before the following:
    "1. There is 1 day left in nominations before we move to voting"

And that roster matches what I have on who should've been allowed to vote.
    Again she politely asked for noone to vote for themselves, which she later recanted.

As for the changing of the system to allow folks to vote who shouldn't have.

Sistros: so..is Cdgodin allowed to vote or no?
    AV:Eh... Sure

cdgodin was in fact on the roster and allowed to vote, they should have said ya he is allowed, which they did say in a differant way.
    and that throws the allegation that they allowed anyone NOT eligable to vote, to vote. out.

AV
    I'm amending my post from before.
    Dang my indecisiveness

She was recanting her asking for folks not to vote for themselves. nobody gets it right the first time.

again I don't see how that any of the above, even with issues of overlooking stuff, why they lose their rights to run.
  17. Admiral Volshe Chosen One

star 8
    *Just to clarify, by this:

I meant that I did not wish to introduce another rule (of abstaining), not that I was changing the rules to allow votes for oneself.

The rule had been since the nomination period, that one could not vote for oneself.

----

As it seems, I have forgotten to vote for Chancellor, and now add my vote for Bardan_Jusik.
    Darth Aiser likes this.
  18. aalagartassle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    are you saying nominations are a vote?

As you can see above AND BELOW
    Quote AV The roster in it's current form (until after nominations and elections) is below,
    QUOTE: av : New players are welcome at any time, however they will not be able to vote on candidates for the Senate.

Meaning if a senator joins a faction after the official cut off date you can't nominate or vote. New players were not allowed to nominate and
    New players are not allowed to vote for senate positions, pretty simple in the stated article. No other reference was made to allow any other new memebers to be allowed to vote for candidates apart from the skullduggery mentioned before.

Why can't they run? The senators used their positions to perverted the course of justice/law, they made new laws without any form of consultation trusting that every world should agree with them. They must be held accountable for illegal actions. That is why Munnillinst asked for a committee to see if the voting rights have been impeded. How can the galaxy have a Supreme Chancellor and vice chancellor that cannot uphold justice/law?
    Last edited by aalagartassle, Feb 3, 2013
  19. General Immodet Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Thank you all for your patience!
    I was caught up in a civil war while visiting Adumar.
    My apologies for the delay.

I nominate Admiral Volshe for Chancellor.
    I nominate Sistros for Vice Chancellor.
    I nominate Chewbacca89 for Speaker.

Yours sincerely,

General Immodet
  20. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    The rule of law has been broken by the Caretaker Chancellor AV and Vice Chancellor SISTROS by accepting new memebers into the vote within the perscibed time and on no agreeance with all parties. This interceding in the rule of law will rule the electional process void in legality.

--------

not true.

Cdgodin, was in the time to VOTE

but not to nominate for his choices,

it just wasn't clearly spelt out I believe

this is AV's first time as Chancellor so cut her some slack

I would have let ANYONE, I repeat ANYONE vote in the cdgodin case , whether rebel or imperial,

what matters is participation of thread

I will NOT have any intolence of "oh you can't vote" if they express interest and is on our roster

if that is going to happen I'll quit the game
    Last edited by Sistros, Feb 3, 2013
  21. Imperial 1138 Jedi Master

star 2
    Like how Bazinga'd of the Rebels was ALSO allowed to vote.
  22. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    OOC: I'd prefer you sort this out in-game than have to Mod it. I will though. In-game, perhaps it would be appropriate to discuss the actual impact of the additional votes.
    Darth Aiser likes this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    OOC: My personal opinion here. This is a game, it is just for fun. Let everyone vote and let the cards fall where they may. This election has been conducted in a unique new way, different then we have done in the past. There are bound to be bumps in the road regarding it's handling. It is nothing to get worked up about. We can even use "voting irregularities" as an in game engine to further animosity between the two factions regardless of who "wins" and 'loses". Let's get as many people who want to play the game in here and let them vote.

[IMG]
  24. Darth Aiser Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: yes I agree this is totally differant from any elections in the past, and me and couple others are staying up to date on the number crunching even running senarios where folks would have voted themselves and useing the limited roster and full roster votes and for the results are still coming out the same senario. and as for the election Only 2 Senators have yet to vote @MandoBones and @Adrian the Cool of the Rebel Faction.
    Last edited by Darth Aiser, Feb 3, 2013
  25. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: agreed to that Bardan,

if all in game it's good :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.