main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - Aflame

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    @thesevegetables
    I have been in touch with Thesevegetables of Shogun. The Senator still is interested in the game, but doesn't have time at the moment. The Senator may rejoin us whenever she/he likes!
    So, I have put him on non-active.

OFFICIAL ROSTER:

Chancellor: Aalagartassle
    Vice-Chancellor: Bazinga'd
    Speaker: General Immodet

Senators:

Admiral Volshe of Naboo
    Benknobi1 of Corellia
    Darth_Kiryan of Commenor
    General Immodet of Lorahns
    Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore
    Jedi Gunny of Ryloth
    Aalagartassle of Muunillinist
    Bazinga'd of Tatooine
    Skywalker_T-65 of Abydos
    Jedi General Gelderd of Tython
    Sinrebirth of Relus
    Jeff Zach of Dathomir
    TheCIS of Geonosis
    Imperial 1138 of Obroa-Skai

Non-active senators:

MandoBones of Concord Dawn
    Chewbacca89 of Bespin
    awesomejedi of Hapes
    Thesevegetables of Shogun

2. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  3. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    PS: As long as Merkual is not a member of the Senate, his presence here will not be tolerated.
    He should join in order to influence the game, otherwise this game would have no point at all if users just popped in and posted random messages.
    -----------------

that would have to be a moderator decision since I asked moderator Sinrebirth for the position of public gallery back in 2009,

furthermore random message was NOT sent in this thread but into the NGE thread,

however if you don't want to spice the game up with corruption within the war then that is fine by me I will take my leave and my characters with me.

Imperial 1138 likes this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

I will have that drink with you General.

In any event, I wish to announce that I have taken possession of the droid "Snowden". He will be brought before the Senate in short order. As of now, he is still functioning in good order.

5. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    That would be a very wise decision.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Posts that occur within other SWC threads (NGE, NJT, Rebel Alliance, Sith etc.) have no bearing in this game thread. This is to be a "self contained" game and is not to be played elsewhere on the boards. Reference to such posts that are outside the auspices of this game are to be considered spam.

The message was a part of the NGE thread (a separate "game" from this one) it cannot be used here. Any user that wishes to play this game as a member of the "public gallery" may do so, though they would not be accorded voting rights until they decided to play as a Senator. It is expected that they announce their intentions to do so as any Senator would so that "random posts" do not inundate the thread (Merkual's role as a member of the Public Gallery is already well established). This not only helps to expand what the game can do, but may also serve as a recruiting tool, allowing users to participate before taking the leap to system representation.

On a side note, I do think it would be best to more fully divorce the events of this game from the current NGE scenario being played there, to better avoid further confusion in the future. However, I leave that to my fellow players.

[​IMG]

7. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    OOC:
    I agree,
    Fellow players the only scenarios that can be played out are the scenarios of 1 The chancellors choosing and 2 senators constitutional rights. Merkual and Volshes statements to influence this months game have NO credence to this thread. Infact they are derailing it. Merkual is not a senator. It is plain undermining. The moderator has spoken that being Bardan, it is plain spam from the NGE, it has no relevance here.
    Merkual cannot even join the game as a spectator as this is the use of a sock.
    IC
    ***rises to the chancellors podium***
    The senator of Naboo's statements about the location of enemy individuals and their asylum will be stricken from the record.
    ***sits back down***

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: I think with the "death" of Sistros, it is perfectly acceptable for Rick to continue playing (whether as a Senator or from the public gallery) from his Merkual account provided that is the only one he is playing the game with. That certainly seems to be the case here. In essence he simply switched primary accounts.

[​IMG]

9. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    OOC: My apologies. I wish to clarify that we did not mean it to derail anything. It was simply a prompt completely unrelated to the NGE. The NGEs current scenario does not involve Naire. But, I digress. If it's not allowed, it won't happen again.

If we wish to add to the current scenario, what then should we do? If I wish to claim that Senators are corrupted without any prompting from other threads would that be allowable?

10. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    You who have been served the Senate for so long and have been elected for several times do not know?

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Corruption, in the Senate? Unheard of! :p

So long as allegations don't stem from or relate to activities in another thread/game there is no problem. However it is probably best to see if they fit within the overall scenario presented by the Chancellor who heads the current game. PM would probably be a good avenue for that so that we don't interrupt this game more than we already have.

[​IMG]

12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    OOC: Everyone learns something new occasionally General Immodet. ;)

Anyway, I wouldn't complain if we did something to spice things up a bit. I've been a bit of a third-wheel lately, since there hasn't been much to do with Gelderd and the rest so 'on the ball' with the scenario.

13. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    OOC:
    As a wise counsel once told me that wise leader always asks questions and attempts to see all angles of a problem.
    I haven't encountered this problem before. ;)

I see, Bardan. Even if they were intended to be related to this thread?

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: I am hopeful that when/if the wartime scenario concludes we will be able to argue on reconstruction efforts for devastated worlds, displaced populations, civil unrest, corruption and so forth. More politics, less military action would I think be more conducive to an active Senate thread. I could be wrong though, and again I leave that up to the Chancellor to create the scenario. I'm just here to play.

[​IMG]

General Immodet likes this.
  15. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I am sure Aalagartassle is open to suggestions!
    He will take all of your comments into account.

A couple of days ago I posted a new bill to vote on. You can still vote. It is not too late.

16. Merkual

Jun 3, 2013
    OOC: since the character Naire is a character created by myself, expanded by AV, and was created in the NGE thread I then suggest any such characters should then be considered spam in this thread.

I therefore propose that the vong reborn has broken free from Naires influence and continuing this war on their own,

therefore the NGE can deal with Naire and other Vasalians in the NGE thread on war crimes as AV as the supreme judge.

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Naire and the terrorist group, the Vong, have already been a part of this game for a considerable time, they will not be considered spam here. The NGE and the Senate thread have no connection. What goes on in one has no affect on the other.

[​IMG]

18. Merkual

Jun 3, 2013
    they do, when characters are interconnected

as they are in the NGE, and since I created Naire (co-created with AV) I reserve the right to use the character any way I wish, including the NGE thread, unless we need to get administration in on this..

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Sorry Rick, they don't. The rules of this game state that very clearly. It is apart and separate from any other SWC/JCF thread/game. I am not telling you at all what to do with any of your characters, do whatever you want with them. But what goes on here has no effect on the NGE and vice versa. They are separate games being played out with very similar characters. Which is a part of the reason I suggested we move on from this scenario, to head off future confusion.

[​IMG]

aalagartassle likes this.
  20. Merkual

Jun 3, 2013
    well since OC's are involved and I'm very clearly not wanted in this thread as it was a "wise idea" I don't participate, and since the matter of OC's are seemingly very clear on this site I'm taking my stance very clearly on this,

we may disscuss this in private if you wish under my Sistros account until the matter is fully resolved.

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Feel free to PM me at anytime.

[​IMG]

22. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    So I keep this post at least somewhat on topic:

Proposed: General Immodet of Lohrans

Seconded: Bazingad of Tatooine

Bill 986: Funding for security, refugee relocation and immigration enforcement....

FOR
    General Immodet of Lorahns
    Senator Bazinga'd of Tatooine
    benknobi1 of Corellia
    Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore
    Aalagartassle of Munnilinst
    Admiral Volshe of Naboo
    Jedi General Gelderd of Tython
    TheCIS of Geonosis
    Imperial 1138 of Obroa-Skai
    Skywalker of Abydos

AGAINST

Moving on:

OOC: I've been putting thought into how we can spice things up in the game, without needing to retract the 'no party' rule. What if we took something from the older iterations of the Senate Game, namely the concept of a 'profile' for a Senator/Planet. I'm not saying we need to bring back the 'Corruption/Approval/Disapproval' thing, since that would confuse things. I'm suggesting making a profile that, say, lists what you/your planet stand for, and are likely to vote for. For instance:

Abydos:
    Supports diplomatic options.
    Is willing to loan its navy to help if diplomacy fails.
    Supports more freedom for individual planets, in relation to how they govern themselves and form their military.

And so forth. Another way to put it, would be that...say...Mandalore would be more likely to form a profile that says they vote for military options, whereas Naboo would go for diplomacy. Why this? Well...if we have a 'guideline' (no need to be binding, just a general view) that a planet is likely to vote in, it would allow the Chancellor to submit bills that are more likely to get a good debate going. Since he/she will know how people are likely to vote. It would even give room for a Palpatine-esque figure in the background trying to subtly manipulate things (likely a sock approved by Bardan and Sinre for the game, so it doesn't get out of hand).

Anyway, its just an idea :p

benknobi1 likes this.
  23. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    OOC : And a great idea it is T65, I will suggest that the timing should be implimented into the next scenario which should run the lines of reconstruction, refugees distribution etc. This is where all the corruption, negotation etc will play greatly. At the moment the thread is war weary and I intend to stop it aand get back to politics. full stop end of story, that is my mandate, platform that I was voted into and that is what is going to happen.

IC
    *****rises to the podium***
    Reports from the fronline by Jedi General Gelderd and Bardan_Jusik should be coming in tonight. The senate waits in anticipation

****Sits down****

24. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Jedi General Gelderd reporting from Malastare.

[​IMG]

There has been a ground confrontation between both forces with heavy casualties but I can report that Naire has been killed. Not by myself or a single face, but in the midst of a great battle involving the Mandalorian supercommandos and the troopers of the Galactic Armies.

The terrain was enough to keep both us and the Vong Reborn on our toes, and the dogfight above us was enough of a distraction to lead both sides to a brutal, hand-to-hand confrontation with Naire leading her forces for a final push to take us off the planet.

As she fell, so did her commanders; some fleeing into the planet, some surrendering, some taking their own life. It was a nasty battle, but one that, I hope will finally end the war and a clean up operation can begin.

Returning to Coruscant with Naire at once.

JGG out.

25. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    ****rises to the chancellors podium***

Thankyou Jedi General Gelderd, your wise strategy along with the aid of Mandalore supercommando's have made you heroes of the galaxy.
    The Vong reborns leader has been eliminated, their resouces decimated, their weapons crushed and their presence exterminated from the galaxy. I await for Mandalores and Typhons official confirmation of this by technical dossiers for the archives.

Fellow citizens, The high command has successfully defended our territory, our interests and brought peace once again to the galaxy. The senate awaits news of the mopping up action with great interest. A ceremony of triumph with full parade honours will be held when the High command gets back for confimation.
    Thankyou also to the senators of Tatooine, Lohrans and Typhon for staying the course. It was not pretty but it was your resourcefullness and perserverance that paid off.
    As a special interest the senate will provide victory medals to all citizens involved in the conflict. A dedicated tickertape parade will also be awarded.
    The metal will be from the wreckage of the decimated Vong fleet and munitions that need to be safely disposed of. [@Skywalker_T-65, i know you like design]
    As the arts is important to all of us in this galaxy I would like the finest artists to design the medals for the citizens. This is opened to all member worlds, it will provide a useful backdrop to the arts and culture money the senate provides to all systems.
    Furthermore if enough wreckage is found, a memorial will be made from it to honour the courage and sacrifice the citizens of this galaxy has made. It can also be made for individual systems if asked for, via tender from the arts and culture bill allotment.

I want to thank every senator, whether you supported or did not support bills about budget, war, refugee, appropriations, conscription and aid, you all pitched in with troops, munitions, medical staff, vessels and leadership. All of you should be proud of your citizens you allowed to fight for this noble cause. I hope now is the time we look at the repealing of war time budgets and the break up of the fleet.

***sits down with a weary smile on his face***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.