main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - Reconstruction

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Take your time, your service to the Senate is appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Imperial 1138

Imperial 1138 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

*Speaker's podium rises up to the center of the Senate*
    *in full Senatorial Regalia*
    [​IMG]
    Ladies and Gentlebeings of the galaxy! Senators of a thousand worlds!
    Today marks the beginning of a new term for the Galactic Senate, and with it, the election of a new Chancellor.
    The votes have been counted, and indeed, triple-checked.
    All has been prepares.
    And now, as my last official act as Speaker of this August body, I am proud to announce the identity of our new chancellor......

Admiral Volshe!

*steps down as the applause grows and returns to his own pod, wiping his brow*

3. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Congratulations madam Chief of State.

[​IMG]

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  4. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    *rises up to the dais, waiting for the applause to die down*

Thank you Senators, for your votes and support. I am honoured to be elected for this prestigious office again.

*bows head respectfully*

Firstly, I would like to ask the Senator Skywalker_T-65 to take the position of Vice Chancellor, and Senator Imperial 1138 to once again take the position of Speaker.

Since there is no time to waste; I would also like to begin discussions on further regulations for refugees and the standards of their camps or perhaps the current situation involving the crime syndicates and black markets.

So far both have been positively influenced by the Senate's actions, but as always there is more work to be done.
    For the refugees, is there more to do to ensure they are safe and can live normal lives? Refugees will eventually start working and become integrated into the planet's society, are member planets prepared to assist them with this? Will it be safe for them to return to their homeworld at any point in the future?

Focussing on crime, it is wonderful to see that the trade routes and many planets have seen reduced crime and higher safety. There are still locations in the Galaxy where crime runs rampant, and although we may not be in a position to act immediately, I believe drafting a plan may be beneficial. I leave this to you, esteemed Senators, to decide how we should proceed.

Another topic for discussion is that of the reparations that must be undertaken. Much of that which has been destroyed is protected and will be reimbursed, but in the past session it was brought up that there is still damage from the War which does not have any sort of reimbursement. An example of this was the hypercomm relay stations. Creating another bill or amending the past funding bills may be necessary.

I thank you once again for your confidence in me, and await the Senate's input on what I have outlined.

Master Selkath and Imperial 1138 like this.
  5. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    The Senator of Tython congratulates our new Chancellor. =D=

I would like to ask, would the Chancellor request I disband the position of General of the Galactic Armies, and the acontrol of the army itself to be handed back to the Senate and their speakers once more in these times of striving for peace?

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Madam Chancellor-

First, my planet Tatooine wants to express its heartfelt congratulations on your recent election. My planet has sponsored an Chancellor Volshe day, complete with parades, fireworks and festive banquet. We would be honored if you could attend. My assistant, Mr. Shoot-first Greedo can provide you with more details.

Second, with all due respect to General Gelderd, his idea to dispand a seperate leadership military chain of command and place it under DIRECT Senate control, is one of the most short sighted ideas I have heard in this chamber in a long time. IMHO, no TACTICAL or OPERATIONAL military power or control, should vest in anyone, much less politicians who have little or no military expereience, other than military commanders. Day to Day control of military operations require the ability to immediately respond to actions on the battlefield. The abilitiy for this Senate to act on anything in a timely manner is not one of our stronger attributes to say the least. Having said that, STRATEGIC control of the military should always lie with the Senate, and in particular the COS.

If General Gelderd wishes to resign his position, I am sure that a suitable replacement candidate can be found.

7. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Former Chancellor Aalagartassle was planning on using the remaining units of our task force to hunt down pirates.
    I think that is what should be done.

8. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    I would be honoured, Senator Bazinga'd.

I agree. I believe it is wise to have a military prepared. This military also needs the expertise of a commander such as yourself, Gelderd.
    As the esteemed Senator Immodet stated, there is also the issue of piracy that needs our attention.
    The military and corresponding task forces would be a valuable asset in our battle to stop these pirates.

9. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    I am happy to stay on to command the Armies if you so wish, it would be my honour to serve the Senate.

10. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    With permission of the Chancellor, I would like to travel back to Bimmisaari and make sure the refugees on the planet get treated the way they should.
    I would like the Chancellor to give me full authority to act as I seem fit. That is the only way I can ensure the safety of the refugees.

11. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    *stands*

With all due respect, Senator Bazinga'd, I did not mean for control of the Galactic Armies to be handed over to the Senate, far from it.

I meant that at this time of rebuilding our systems and relationships, that the Galactic Armies be dissolved to allow each system and Senator to regain control of their own defences and fleets, rather than one command taking over them all.

I say again I am happy to continue commanding the mighty forces we have created. I was simply allowing our new Chancellor to have her voice if she saw otherwise at these times.

*sits*

12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    General Gelderd-

So, are you proposing that the Galactic Armies be decentralized and scattered to different systems who dont share a single unity of purpose? I fear this idea to be worse than the one I orignially thought you were proposing. The military should not be used as a pawn for nation and relationship building. History has taught us the folly of such endeavors. Moreover, decentralizing a single unifified military weakens its capabilities signficantly by multifacitating the chain of command and logistics. Thus, I ask.....what is your real purpose in proposing this.......is it to consolidate power under a single political entity or individual.....I wonder.......

Madam Chancellor-

I do not question General Gelderds service to the galaxy and to this Senate. However, I recommend establishing a bipartisan committee to examine the feasability of General Gelderd's recommendation.

General Immodet likes this.
  13. TheCIS

TheCIS Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 21, 2013
    A debate should surely be enough to satisfactorily settle this subject. Allowing individual systems to control their own private armies could lead to further instability, particularly if an ambitious governor, for instance, were to use these armies for nefarious purposes. We all know how the Clone Wars began, we do not need another.

We ought to allow the Senate to control, as was said earlier by Senator Bazinga'd, the broad strategies of an army, such as whether to declare war or not, or whether to cease fighting or not.

Good on General Gelderd, though, for bringing up this important issue before the Senate and, certainly, to the Madam Chancellor (congratulations of course on your win, Madam Chancellor!)

Admiral Volshe and aalagartassle like this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    This is an issue that has already been resolved...

The Senate has political control over the forces of the Galactic Alliance. This is paid for via our own budget. If we wish to raise (or cut) that budget, that is something we can certainly discuss.

Each system also has it's own defense forces/militia or whatever you may wish to call it. These are paid for by each individual system and are not under the purview of this body.

In times of Galactic emergency local forces may be "chopped" to GA command if a system volunteers them for such. This was done in the recent conflict, and as the former Chancellor announced, those forces would be returned to local command authority upon request. Many systems, (Mandalore included) made such a request and had their forces revert back to their command.

[​IMG]

Admiral Volshe and Bazinga'd like this.
  15. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    *lowers head*

And that answers my question. I will continue to serve as General of the Galactic Armies when the need is there, but appreciate, as Senator Bardan_Jusik stated, that many systems requested the command of their forces back to them.

Should the need arise again in times of conflict, I have faith the GA will continue to serve their purpose. Until that time I will respectfully continue leading our forces as we oversee the rebuilding of our fragile system.

16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    OOC: Do we need to define "Chopped" and FRAGO to people? :cool:

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: I think everyone got the gist of it. ;) But if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

[​IMG]

General Immodet likes this.
  18. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: I read the rules and the roster again, and it looks like Shilli was never taken. Does anyone mind if I represented my homeworld again?

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: I would encourage it! :)

[​IMG]

20. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012

(( OOC: Nope! You're welcome to join. Bardan_Jusik can add you to the roster. :)

EDIT: Ninja'd. :p ))

21. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: I'd really like to! Although, there's the problem with activity for me... During my last term as Senator, I missed a voting and a group of Senators got annoyed with me because of it. Ironically, all of the other Senators who missed it were from my chosen faction.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Fortunately we have done away with the factions, so you need only worry about your own constituents.

[​IMG]

23. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: Really? No more factions....first the point system, and now the factions...I think I'll need one of the senior senators to run me through all of the changes made since I was last here.

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Always here to help.

[​IMG]

25. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.