main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - Reconstruction

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    ***Aaronaman's pod moves forward as the Senator/Ruler of Maridun comes into view***

'Senator Admiral Volshe I must first congratulate yourself and the members of your envoy who negotiated such an amazing treaty with the leaders of Nal Hutta. As I read through the treaty I was happy to see just how much it strengthened Maridun's own issues involving the Hutt......I do however have a few statement of my own.....

Treaty 1152.
    (Between the Galactic Senate and the Hutts)
    -Capture and Prosecution of Criminals-

This treaty offers a resolution to disputes on the capture and prosecution of criminals throughout the galaxy.

The treaty states that both Hutts and the Senate can freely capture and prosecute criminals throughout the galaxy, with some exceptions. The exceptions are outlined below.
    -By this statement I take it that individual systems can decided to apprehend criminal's on their own accord...it would be a total injustice if the Hutt, as a singular system, can capture whomever they please without Senate approval and yet members of these chambers are not extended the same rights.

Capture of Criminals:
    ◆Should the Senate wish to capture a criminal from a Hutt World, they must first obtain permission. They must also provide legitimate reason for the capture. We captured Holga with the full consent of the Nal Hutta Leaders, they were happy with our reasons for wanting to take him into custody and yet certain Members here are continually calling our arrest illegal. If the Hutt's agree the Senate MUST stay out of the matter.
    ◆Should the Hutts wish to capture a criminal on a Senate member planet, they must obtain permission from both the Senate and the planet, as well as provide legitimate reason. If either the Hutt or the Senate conduct a mission onto a planet without permission either party MUST provide evidence that shows beyond reasonable doubt a criminal act was committed.
    ◆If legitimate reason is given, it is requested (but not required) for the planet hosting the criminal to assist in the capture. This should depend on the nature of the arrest, My forces have a certain way that we like to conduct missions and the involvement of foreign personal could be a major detriment to the success of the arrest....observe yes, assist no.
    ◆Minimal force should be used in any capture to avoid the damage of property and resources. Should damages occur, the party capturing the criminal may be held responsible. My agents captured Holga without incident and with no damage at all, we should be commended for our swift and successful mission and not be bombarded with accusations of being criminals ourselves

Trials:
    ◆Criminals (those who are or have been involved in illegal activities) can be tried by either the Hutts or the Senate. We had a signed treaty from the Leaders of Nal Hutta to punish Holga as we saw fit, we will also do the same with any and all Hutt we land on Maridun.
    ◆To prevent conflict, the Hutts will be required to give the Senate criminals wanted for crimes against the Senate, and the Hutts will be given the right to capture and imprison criminals. They should not be tracking criminals that have only committed crimes against the Senate and not themselves.
    ◆Hutts and the Senate are both allowed to hold trials for any criminals they currently hold. The citizens of Maridun exercised this right when as a nation we condemned Holga to death. Again we committed no crime and we will continue to do so.
    ◆Any trial must involve both parties should it be requested by either the Senate or the Hutts. The amount of involvement of both parties is to be agreed upon before the trial, so long as an equal or greater share of power goes to the party who is charging the criminal. The Hutt gave up all rights to be present at Holga's trial
    ◆Although it is negotiable to the amount of involvement of each party, it should be clarified that both parties must be given the opportunity to be involved in a trial. The leaders of Nal Hutta have given up all rights to be apart of any trial on Maridun involving a Hutt.
    ◆Should a 50/50 share of power be requested by either party, it shall be honored. We have honoured this agreement with the leaders of Nal Hutta.
    ◆If punishment is deemed unacceptable for any reason, an unbiased committee of both Hutts and Senate members will be formed to investigate.

Senator Master Selkath I have taken you're words into consideration and I thank you for not taking the side of military action, this will only cause so much pain for so many here. As for bringing down our blockade this, I'm sorry, is something I just can't do at this point in time. Senator The Star Wars Archivist has an official on his way to Maridun now....I'm sure he will report no issues of hardship inflicted on my people.

aalagartassle you are truly grabbing at straws if you're trying to use our desire to bring Amani home safely as an act of aggression. I am merely doing what's best for the Amani who depend on me.

....Thank you Senators.'

***Pod moves back into place***

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Aaronaman ....

The main point you are missing is that the SENATE is in charge of the member planets.
    Maridun MUST work with and seek approval from the Senate, not act as a separate body. You have failed to do this, which is why many Senators condemn your actions.

This is not a organization which you can choose to leave and return to at will. If you choose to be a member, you must uphold the laws of the Senate at all times.... as the rest of us do. If you do not, you should lose the privilege of being a Senator. If your planet does not, then they should not be able to gain from being a part of the Senate. Privileges are given to those who uphold the Senate's values and laws, not to those who disregard them.

In order of your points given:
    1. Permission must be gained from the Senate or Hutts. The Hutts are defined as the government of the Hutt-run system. They do not act on their own accord, they act similar to the Senate.

2. While you have a valid point, the Senate AND the Hutts must agree. Not a single member planet working alongside the Hutts.

3. That statement was not added, as it invites manipulation as well as opportunities for the treaty to be ignored. Permission MUST be gained prior to a mission. That includes documentation that proves the criminal is in fact a criminal. This must be presented before - not after - the fact.

4. Not required. But, once again, it is the Senate who shall decide how the mission shall go. Not Maridun's forces. If you are granted permission by the Senate to run the mission, by all means request the Hutts do not assist you. It is worded in that manner to avoid either party growing contempt....

5. They must have some skill....but once again. The Senate did not approve. If the treaty had already passed you could very well have endangered it.

6. Acceptable.... you had a treaty with the Hutts. Which will be nullified by this treaty, since Maridun is part of the Senate. You will no longer have that right with this treaty, you must go through the Senate.

7. It did not say they would be. The Senate can locate them and provide proof to the Hutts of criminal activity.

8. You did. You cannot continue once the treaty is passed. It states the Senate. Not member planets alone.
    However your actions were already in violation of the Senate's laws, regardless of what the treaty states and your interpretations. Maridun must go through the Senate for trials.

9/10. Where is the proof?
    But again, your trial does not apply. You acted without the Senate.

11. No statement.

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Senator Admiral Volshe

I hope your following statement was not intended to be taken literally.

If it was meant to be taken on face value, those comments drive the Senate's legitamacy "off the rails on a crazy train." Let me make this abundently clear to the members of the Senate. Senator Volshe's comments are inconsistent with this galaxys current view of federalism and is certainly neither mine nor the Senates position. In sum, the Senate is not nor should it ever be in charge of any planet or system's internal politics. Each system or planet retains its soverignty over its internal affairs, to the extent it does not violate other systems funamental rights and/or soverignty.

Note. Senator @Aaronaman's claim that it can enforece a blockade can not be justified on planetary sovereignty, because such blockade significantly impacts worlds and systems outside of Maridun.

4. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    OOC: I was tired and evidently not specific enough :p

I meant that the Senate has laws, and the member planets of the Senate must uphold those laws. A planet acting on it's own accord is only acceptable if it does not affect other member planets or break Galactic Law or treaties.

Planets still have their own governments. What they do outside their borders is what I meant.

5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Senator Admiral Volshe

I figured thats what you meant. I just needed to clarify, lest a fellow Senator take it out of context.

But you do raise the Spectre of Federalism, a theme that pervasively lies at the heart of centralized government and seen most recently in the Maridun crisis.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  6. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Here is the order for the next items on our agenda. Once the treaty committee finishes work on the additional language, the treaty with the Hutts need to be ratified first. Afterwards, the Senate must immediately take action on the Maridun Crisis. I can not stress the importance of taking decisive action; otherwise the Senate's credibility will be jeopardized.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  7. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    'Chancellor Bazinga'd the credibility of this Senate will not be jeopardized if you'll only do the right thing and stand before everyone here and admit you are at fault....it was your ego that let this situation get to where it is. The citizens of Maridun have not broken any laws and the only ones who feel we have are the ones who would 'benefit' from Senatoral intervention.

On a seperate matter my three Imperial Cruisers are close to landing on Maridun and when they do our prisoners will be identified....and before any Senator here can jump up and down screaming about sovereignty they will be accompanied by a representative of Nal Hutta, this representative has worked long and hard with members of my government to bring these criminals to justice and I want to personally thank him infront of the entire galaxy.'

8. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    Aaronaman, Tendon last reported he was nearing the outside of your system. His vessel is unarmed, as requested. But he is being accompanied by some Skakoan legal deputies as a precaution. Perhaps you would like to hear from him yourself?
    *Senator Archivist presses a button, nothing happens*
    What?
    *Senator Archivist speaks to a nearby aide*
    Aide: "We cannot make contact, Senator."
    Why not?
    Aide: "It seems that all the ship's main functions are down... and it doesn't appear on our monitors"
    I will try and call him from his comlink. Tendon, are you there? Come in, Tendon! No reply...
    Aide: "Should we activate some search drones?"
    Yes, and quickly. I wish to know what is going on!

9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Senator Aaronaman

I generally don't pay attention or care what you normally say, but this quote has gotten my attention in a hurry. When you say "your Imperial Crusiers" are you suggesting that you are aligning yourself with forces sympathetic to the former Empire?

10. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    General Immodet and his Ffib assistents are returning from Nal Hutta.
    The negotiations seem to have been a success.
    While the others are playing a game of Sabacc, Immodet retires to his own quarters.
    He opens a bottle of Corellian Brandy and turns on the Hologram viewer.
    Silently, he watches a recording of a recent Senate session in which Chancellor Bazinga'd's pod malfunctions.
    Senator Immodet suddenly begins laughing and spills some brandy on his uniform.
    "By the Emperor's black bones!", he mutters.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  11. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    From myself, now a Senator, but who was the leader of the now-defunct Empire...and who is fairly aware of how forces were handled/dispersed upon its dissolution...this is news to me. ( :p )

Bazinga'd likes this.
  12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Senator Admiral Volshe. If what Senator Aaronaman says is truthful, it is an issue we must look into. Could it be that arms dealers raided the Empire shipyards prior to dissolution? It goes without saying, that nothing good can come from this.

13. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Indeed. If you would like further investigation, I can assist you in organising the best of my former Imperials into a committee and/or providing the Senate with documentation from Imperial shipyards. As far as I know, the Vong were the last reported major theft. Unless - of course - a cover up occurred.....

14. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Thank you Admiral Volshe for your offers of assistance. I wish to give this more thought before we undertake on a course of action.

15. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    'Chancellor Bazinga'd you just said it yourself...the Senate is not nor should it ever be in charge of any planet or system's internal politics...you preach such words of such wisdom, I just wished you'd put those words into action. Yes we have Imperial Crusiers because they are attached to the Imperial Amani Army. We would never fall under the rule of another or pick up anothers ideals. We, the Amani, live by our own rules but I wouldn't expect a Chancellor who does not care for what his Senators say to understand the culture of others.

The Star Wars Archivist, what has happened to your official...I prepare to welcome him with open arms of friendship and yet he fails to meet his arrival time? If he does not make contact soon I will have to revoke his landing permit.

Admiral Volshe, what priviledges would myself or Maridun be giving up...we make a decision that doesn't impact any system but our own but yet the Chancellor, your Chancellor, takes it upon himself to act without caring about the issues facing my planet.

Members of the Senate the Chancellor stood here and said that he neither pays attention or cares about the plight of the Amani...how long will it be until another system's requests fall on deaf ears? I know what the galaxy needs in these uneasy times and thats a Chancellor who does care and who does pay attention.

It's comments like that from the Chancellor that strengthen my resolve in my beliefs that I am doing whats right for Maridun.'

16. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    Senator he doesn't care because you continue to spout out words that you have repeated way to many times. I personally don't take you seriously anymore an consider you a tyrant with the goal of ruining the chancellors reputation. I don't want to consider you a tyrant but you act like one.

WriterMan likes this.
  17. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    ***Aaronaman's pod moves forward as his hologram comes into view, the Senator of Maridun has a huge grin across his face***

'Tyrant....tyrant....I find it so humorous that you equate my desire to better my planets standing in the galaxy as tyranny. You not taking me seriously isn't something that will cause me any stress in the future Senator, you're inconsequential little system has no bearing on mine what so ever. Also I have no interest in trying to ruin your Chancellor's reputation as I feel he doing a great job of that himself.

I do agree with you on one statement though, I do tend to have to repeat myself over and over again within this Senate and now I feel I will have to fall back on the old adage......actions speak louder than words!'
    So with that I would like to take this opportunity now to present to the Senate MY representative on the Nal Hutta Council....the honourable.....the esteemed......Holga the Hutt....

***Confusion and shock work it's way around the Senate as Holga lumbers into view, Aaronaman holds his hands to his face and mockingly fakes a surprised look***

....how can this be, Holga the Hutt is dead, you saw it with your own eyes. Well Senators the reason for my having to stage Holga's death is I wanted to gauge the fallout that would ensue and as I predicted it was one of utter confusion, name calling, ands very limited action. Any charges brought against me for murder are totally now unwarranted and it proves just how inept the Chancellors investigative skills are.

***Aaronaman moves back to allow Holga to speak***

Senators, Please join me on the side of good, the side of decency, the side of King Aaronaman!

***Aaronaman moves forward***

There you are Senators....in accepting Holga I have proven with out a shadow of doubt that I am a Senator of peace, if an Amani can work side by side with a Hutt surely I can work along side any of you here...I am very concerned by the non-arrival of Senator The Star Wars Archivist official, for that reason I have increased the borders of my nations blockade. Do not use my defensive position as an excuse to declare Maridun unlawful, again I am only doing whats good for my people.

***Flickers out of view***

18. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    *Breathes heavily*
    See what has happened to him for yourself...
    *A hologram comes up, showing a clearly boarded ship but with no corpses*
    He was vaporised when he was shot due to our pressure suits, as were the legal deputies. I ask the Senate, is it a coincidence this happened right outside @Aaronaman's system? Is it? This is the warmonger @Aaronaman's doing. I am sure of it. Simply look at the facts! He requested an unarmed vessel, has been shown to possess a fairly big fleet, he has expanded his blockade and the incident occurred just outside of his system. You walk a thin line, Aaronaman. Our Emir already despises you enough.

And now, here you come and think this Senate is playing a game of pretend!? Any charges put before you are completely unwarranted?
    *Mutters something under his breath*
    You wished to cause confusion and such to prove the Chancellor was inept. You have just confessed to sedition. As for investigative skills, was the Chancellor there observing Holga's 'corpse' no he was not. You stage a recording of a Hutt being beaten to death and expect the Chancellor to be able to deduce it is fake. You are truly despicable. It is you who is inept, inept at helping this Senate at all.

I ask you Senators, WHAT has Aaronaman done to help the galaxy besides belligerently doubting every good cause.

I can tell you one thing for sure, you will receive no forgiveness or any more dignitaries from us. If another planet wishes a dead official, send them to Maridun's system.

19. Master Selkath

Oct 5, 2013
    Senator Aaronaman this just shows you lied to our faces and that is just as bad. You sit on your throne believing you are always one step ahead and that the laws don't apply to you but news flash they do. If my little inconsequential system is so small in comparison to yours why do we have a large fleet, stable economy, one of the largest producer of medicine, the largest producer of kolto, TRADE with others and I'm not considered a tyrant. Holga is a fool and your puppet but he has no power. We are with the hutt leadership right now and he will have no power here. The members of the Ahto High Court will not tolerate you much longer. I pushed for a peaceful way to end the blockade and I still will but that line is getting thinner.

20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Hm, a Senator also being King... That does not sound right, does it?
    I also understand you are the head of the Amani military.
    No one ever would be able to stand up against you because you control the government as well as the military.
    How do you know you yourself will not become a tyrant? Maybe you already are...
    A Senator is supposed to represent the government of his homeplanet, but you are the government of Maridun!

21. Master Selkath

Oct 5, 2013
    That explains why the Amani government isn't saying anything. Senator Aaronaman is the Amani government. Your people have no say because you've proven your government is an absolute monarchy.

In your mind you think you are doing what's best for your people but you do not know that for sure. This blockade isn't helping your world at all. Your people need a government with different views and leadership. You have practically struck down whatever government you had before. You are practically representing yourself in this senate not Maridun. Your blockade has gone on long enough and I ask you, what good has it done for Maridun and it's people. It hasn't helped your economy, you don't have supplies that the Amani people and you yourself is seen as a madman.

I am getting very annoyed that your excuse for all this is that you are doing what's best for your people and you clearly aren't. This blockade needs to come down now or soon. The Ahto High Court is getting very annoyed and angry about this issue and I can see that the emir of Skako is as well. Manaan will not take action but after you have made quotes about how "inconsequential" our world is it makes it sound like you think we are weak. You are wrong and I hope that the worst case scenario is were the Amani face the full might of the selkath army. That is only the worst case scenario but this may lead to it. I ask chancellor Bazinga'd if Manaan may put up a defensive stance in our system to insure security. It will still be free space but I need to insure Manaan is safe and I think others can agree on that.

I ask you one last time to please take down your blockade. I still believe in peace and military action is the last resort. We do not need to lose lives and that is something we can both agree on that doesn't need to happen.

22. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Senator Master Selkath

As has always been the case, all planets may establish a defensive posture, to protect their sovereignty. Such a defensive posture can not pose an offensive threat to a neighboring system, however.

23. Master Selkath

Oct 5, 2013
    Yes chancellor, it is to protect the sovereignty of my borders and to keep the population safe. No offensive action will be taken unless provoked and this is all incase Aaronaman decides to send his imperial cruisers for a visit which most likely won't happen but just incase.

24. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Proceed with your defensive posture

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

25. Master Selkath

Oct 5, 2013
    Thank you chancellor and I must ask, how do you feel about Holga being alive and Aaronaman considered a king on his world?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.