main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - Reconstruction

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    Senator Aaronaman again you talk about Holga being on the Nal Hutta council yet he isn't and he never will be. How are you even going to put him on the council, he won't just be accepted.

You just admitted to silencing opposition in your government. They were in out roar because you "murdered" Holga, one of their own. I still wonder at this point if your government is a democracy when you use these means to deal with people.

To the The Star Wars Archivist I completely agree with you and my system will not have this either. I will keep on challenging you until punishment is given. You think you are one step ahead but I see through that. You have proven nothing of your innocence.

Very sorry chancellor sent it while you spoke and I agree we should move on to what the senate needs to do.

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Dear Senators,

I have rewritten bill 986 and included a clausule to make sure the Bimmisaari Incident doesn't happen all over again. The bill already has been passed, but I would like to get the new version passed as well.​

Perhaps you wonder what I have changed. Please, read the last part of the fourth paragraph. Apart from that, nothing has changed.​

Bill 986b: Funding for security, refugee relocation and immigration enforcement
    Proposed by General Immodet
    Bill 986 is a bill in the nature of a substitute for bill 657. The bill would increase funding for security, immigration enforcement and refugee relocation and would make also major changes in other provisions.

The budget for this year is 151 Trillion Credits. The proposed Bill would appropriate 21.3 Trillion credits for expenses related to border security, to security of public places and to administrative costs. That appropriation would be 6.1 Trillion Credits greater than the funding included in Bill 657. The bill would direct that 6.1 Trillion Credits of additional funding to be used to hire and train at least 4.000.000 additional Security Guards, First Response Enforcement Agents, Customs, Port Officials and Profilers. Of those 4.000.000 additional security forces, 100.000 Guards will be trained to serve the Senate. The 3.900.000 other security forces will be used to patrol border areas and public places. Most of the remaining budget will be used to buy new equipment and ships.

Senate Guards, police forces and security services would be granted the authority to increase security checks and perform screening and counter-insurgence techniques. 100.000.000 Credits would be used to install Holonet Transmitters in the Senate Building and to increase security in and around the building. Due to Bazinga’d’s kidnapping, Senators would not be permitted to journey through hostile territory without being accompanied by a unit of Senate Guards. Senators who participate in diplomatic missions may not be accompanied by other Senators.

Another 14.2 Trillion Credits would be used to relocate refugees from one planet to another and to build suitable homes for them. Teachers, public workes, doctors and relief support members would be hired to help refugees adjust to their new homes. This section of the bill would only apply for refugees of member worlds. Planets that agree to host refugees should be made well-aware of the consequences. The governments of those planets are be obliged to use the budget the Senate gives them only for helping refugees. Inspection units will be allowed to trace where the money is going. Apart from that, each refugee camp will also be frequently visited by inspection units to make sure refugees are equally well-treated.

This bill would give police forces, border patrols and immigration services the power to impose fees on people of non-member worlds. Sector Authority may also adjust the fees established by the bill or impose additional surcharges. Additional collections from surcharges on other fees collected by Sector Authority would be available for spending.

The Ministry of Economic Affairs estimates that enacting the committee-approved version of Bill 986 would have effects on direct spending and revenues that would reduce budget deficits by 30 Trillion Credits over the next five years. The deficit reduction, however, would probably be similar in magnitude to the increase in spending for extra security. The Galactic Intelligence Service also expects that the bill would reduce the net flow of unauthorized citizens.

3. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The Military Staff Committee also has reached a consensus. Our chairman, The Star Wars Archivist, will address the Senate shortly.

4. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    Well, The MSC has recently come to an agreement on are actions. We have decided to either:
    • Arrest all Amani agents that have conducted illegal activities on other planets and broken sovereignty laws.
    • Send a blockade runner to Maridun in order to help the Amani people.
    We believe it is unwise to put up economic sanctions as Maridun is already being significantly financially impacted by the current blockade. But since Aaronaman remains adamant we think it would be better to impose sanctions on his military.

General Immodet likes this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Senator General Immodet

Can you highlight the amendment to the bil using Bold or highlighted textl?

FYI -Procedurally we would only be voting on the amendment not the entire bill itself.

6. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

I would also suggest censuring Senator Aaronaman, as his conduct may warrant personal sanction.

7. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Fellow Senators and Colleagues:

I have a sad and sudden announcement to make.......At the end of my term as Chancellor, I am retiring from the Senate. I love this institutuion and most of the Senators involved in it, but it is time for me to move on. I will not be available to answer questions at this time.

Prior to my retirement, I will endorse who I think will best lead the Senate into the future. A replacement for me from Tatooine will also be announced in the future.

8. TheCIS

TheCIS Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 21, 2013
    To the Chancellor,

It has been an honor for the Senate to serve under your wise leadership, as it has for me to serve under you as well.

The Senate faces many challenges in the future, and the reforms that you have introduced have strengthened it for those times.

I shall also report to this Senate my own intentions of serving further in the future soon.

9. Master Selkath

Oct 5, 2013
    I believe your terms have been very productive towards that galaxy and have helped rebuild the galaxy. I thank you on behalf of Manaan for your service and we hope the rest of your term is productive.

10. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    ***rises***
    It has been troubling times, but the chancellor has be stoic, a champion to the cause of galactic prosperity and security. I do hope that in the future the senator of Tatooine will once again make his presence felt in the halls of justice, community and well being.
    An excellent proposal General Immodet, I will seconded this ammendment once the it has been highlighted for easier perusal as per the chancellors wishes.
    ***sits***

11. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    'Senator at Bazinga'd I am also sad to hear you have decided to retire from the Senate....as it only strengthens my concerns that now you can't be held accountable for the way in which you have treated the citizens of Maridun. While I'm big enough to admit that yes you have installed many positives during your time in the Senate it doesn't make the negatives disappear.

Enjoy your retirement Senator....I look forward to dealing with your replacement.'

12. Master Selkath

Oct 5, 2013
    Senator Aaronaman you are the only one here that believes he has done negative things to the galaxy. I ask what has he done to the people of Maridun. When some wanted to invade he stopped them. He hasn't done anything wrong to your people, you have done that yourself so do not blame him for what is happening to Maridun.

To General Immodet I amin full support of this amendment but will wait until the amendment has been highlighted so it is more clear. This is an issue that needs addressing. It will help the refuges on Manaan's moon greatly and help improve their lives.

13. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    'Calling the entire population of my planet stupid....you don't feel thats a good enough reason for myself to have a negative view on a Chancellor that is meant to be unbias?'

14. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Naboo sends it's heartfelt thanks to you, Chancellor Bazinga'd. You served as a noble head of this esteemed Senate and your time here will be remembered for millenia. The planet has agreed to construct a statue in the Palace in gratitude, among other great Chancellors. It is a small token of their appreciation.
    In the past you have served as both a strong opponent and strong ally. I wish you all the best in your retirement. :)

((Seriously. You were an awesome Chancellor and contributor to the game! Sorry to see you go. ))

15. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Senator Admiral Volshe-

I am humbled by the outpouring of gratitude and of the plans to construct the statute. But, I have always tried to be a humble man with the simple goal of helping others. Would the resources dedicated the statute be not better used for rebuilding the galaxy from the Vong invasion?

16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Senators and colleagues-

I appreciate the support and friendship form many of you. But its not like I am dying, I am just moving into retirement......I will check in from time to time.

But since I am not retired just yet, there is still business to attend to. This is the agenda I propose for the rest of my term. In short order, there is a proposal to amend to constitution involving the Chancellors appointment powers. It is a change that requires a lot of thought and deliberation. Once the change is proposed, some time needs to be dedicated to discussing it before it comes to a vote. Hopefully the vote will occur before I leave office.

(OOC: There are a lot of game and OOC issues that need to be thought about and highlighted before people can vote on the amendment. It involves changing the ability of the Chancellor to control some of the game flow, and will cause time to be taken away from deliberating substantive issues. But because the issue was raised by a number of people, it is important that it gets a fair shot of adoption.)

Other than the amendment, we will take up any other legislation that is pending, and then nominations for the next Chancellor will be taken starting on the 27th of December.

17. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    I will submit your message to them. I believe they would be in agreement. :)

Bazinga'd likes this.
  18. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    ***Aaronaman moves his pod forward....as he stands so do his two imposing security personnel***

'Members of the Senate...following the shocking, though not suprising, recent retirement news from Chancellor Bazinga'd I am concerned...concerned that the agents of evil will use this time to their advantage and try to establish a foot hold in the galaxy in an attempt to extend their illegal empires.

What the Senate, and in fact the galaxy, need now is to appoint a new Chancellor...a Chancellor of compassion, of peace, and more importantly of power...a Chancellor much like...well...me.

During my leardership reign Maridun is again starting to build towards a better future and even prosper. Criminals who once upon a time ran around this galaxy...my galaxy...with out a care in the world are now cowering and hiding under rocks like the disgusting bugs they are. And the Hutt who were once seperate from this Senate now have a treaty with us and though I might not have travelled to Nal Hutta to negotiate the final treaty if it wasn't for me no one else would have gone there either...all because of my longing for peace.

Senators some of you here may not like the way I get results but theres no denying that I do in fact get results. I can use what I've learned as leader of Maridun to strengthen the Senates position in the galaxy...no system would dare oppose a Senate with Aaronaman as Chancellor....leadership, like respect, is not given...its taken....

***Aaronaman seems to enjoy the boos that are now raining down on him from certain Senators***

....Senator Bazinga'd please use your last days as Chancellor to finally make a decision that will benefit the galaxy...endorse my selection as the NEW SUPREME CHANCELLOR!!!

***Aaronaman raises his arms above his head and seemingly hears cheers filling his head instead of the boos filling the chambers***

19. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Senator.....the only one who has been using methods that could be seen as evil in this Senate is you. You have shown no respect for the rules, and have blatantly ignored authority as well as other Senators wishes. You currently run your planet from a throne built of dishonesty and fear. Until you prove yourself capable of running this galaxy responsibly, I highly doubt that our Chancellor - whom has stood as a beacon of hope in the dark times after the War - will endorse you as Supreme Chancellor.

You claim to want peace, but wanting peace is not enough. Your reckless actions have put many at risk. If you truly sought peace, you would have avoided solving Maridun's problems with the dishonesty that could have destroyed relations and planets. You would have spoken with the Senate.

You have shown compassion....rarely.... but that compared to majority of the other Senators is like a faint glimmer amongst hundreds of blinding lights.

Yes, I do not agree with your methods. The reason for that is because I have spent my own time overseeing the galaxy, I know how delicate the balance between chaos and peace can be. You were lucky that your plans did not fail....and you cannot direct a Senate based on luck alone. One day that luck will fail, and the Galaxy will lose. With careful deliberation that potential loss can be lessened or avoided. And in every case, other Senators must have their chance to speak. Keeping secrets from Senators is unacceptable. We are here to assist both our homeworlds and the Galaxy in achieving greatness. If Senators are kept in the dark they cannot make decisions for their planets. Their planets and people are put at risk.

You also cannot demand respect, you cannot take leadership. You must earn both. To state that is implying that fear and force will be your primary methods. Correct me if you meant otherwise....but for now I will assume that is what you meant.

Master Selkath likes this.
  20. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Senator Admiral Volshe, luck did not lead me to the highest position on Maridun...luck did not have a hand in my capture of Hutt criminals....luck did not give me the tools I needed to become the most powerful Amani leader in my nations history. What I have accomplished in my life has come about through careful planning and my innate ability to 'persuade' others to agree with my ideals...others may rely on luck, I'm just not one of them.

I don't agree with your statements about me being more evil than any other Senator here...the only difference between them and I is that I'm not scared to show my true colours, only some one who feels they are doing wrong hide their actions and I've hidden nothing. Leading through fear is a very affective way to maintain peace Senator...don't dismiss it just because you don't agree with it.

I'm well aware the chances of myself being voted in as Chancellor are very, very slim.... Bazinga'd will retire and all of his followers will swoon at his feet as he leaves before electing a more 'public friendly' Chancellor and Senators, like myself, who envision a more stern approach to leadership will have to grin and bare it, well let me tell you this Senator...let me tell you all here...whether you like it or not, it's political power that rules and just because some one holds the title of Chancellor doesn't mean they are the true leader of the Senate.'

21. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Voilà, I have highlighted the changed part of the bill. Now, it is up to you.

Bill 986 is a bill in the nature of a substitute for bill 657. The bill would increase funding for security, immigration enforcement and refugee relocation and would make also major changes in other provisions.

The budget for this year is 151 Trillion Credits. The proposed Bill would appropriate 21.3 Trillion credits for expenses related to border security, to security of public places and to administrative costs. That appropriation would be 6.1 Trillion Credits greater than the funding included in Bill 657. The bill would direct that 6.1 Trillion Credits of additional funding to be used to hire and train at least 4.000.000 additional Security Guards, First Response Enforcement Agents, Customs, Port Officials and Profilers. Of those 4.000.000 additional security forces, 100.000 Guards will be trained to serve the Senate. The 3.900.000 other security forces will be used to patrol border areas and public places. Most of the remaining budget will be used to buy new equipment and ships.

Senate Guards, police forces and security services would be granted the authority to increase security checks and perform screening and counter-insurgence techniques. 100.000.000 Credits would be used to install Holonet Transmitters in the Senate Building and to increase security in and around the building. Due to Bazinga’d’s kidnapping, Senators would not be permitted to journey through hostile territory without being accompanied by a unit of Senate Guards. Senators who participate in diplomatic missions may not be accompanied by other Senators.

Another 14.2 Trillion Credits would be used to relocate refugees from one planet to another and to build suitable homes for them. Teachers, public workes, doctors and relief support members would be hired to help refugees adjust to their new homes. This section of the bill would only apply for refugees of member worlds. Planets that agree to host refugees should be made well-aware of the consequences. The governments of those planets are be obliged to use the budget the Senate gives them only for helping refugees. Inspection units will be allowed to trace where the money is going. Apart from that, each refugee camp will also be frequently visited by inspection units to make sure refugees are equally well-treated.

This bill would give police forces, border patrols and immigration services the power to impose fees on people of non-member worlds. Sector Authority may also adjust the fees established by the bill or impose additional surcharges. Additional collections from surcharges on other fees collected by Sector Authority would be available for spending.

The Ministry of Economic Affairs estimates that enacting the committee-approved version of Bill 986 would have effects on direct spending and revenues that would reduce budget deficits by 30 Trillion Credits over the next five years. The deficit reduction, however, would probably be similar in magnitude to the increase in spending for extra security. The Galactic Intelligence Service also expects that the bill would reduce the net flow of unauthorized citizens.

22. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Senator Admiral Volshe, luck did not lead me to the highest position on Maridun...luck did not have a hand in my capture of Hutt criminals....luck did not give me the tools I needed to become the most powerful Amani leader in my nations history. What I have accomplished in my life has come about through careful planning and my innate ability to 'persuade' others to agree with my ideals...others may rely on luck, I'm just not one of them.

I don't agree with your statements about me being more evil than any other Senator here...the only difference between them and I is that I'm not scared to show my true colours, only some one who feels they are doing wrong hide their actions and I've hidden nothing. Leading through fear is a very affective way to maintain peace Senator...don't dismiss it just because you don't agree with it.

I'm well aware the chances of myself being voted in as Chancellor are very, very slim.... Bazinga'd will retire and all of his followers will swoon at his feet as he leaves before electing a more 'public friendly' Chancellor and Senators, like myself, who envision a more stern approach to leadership will have to grin and bare it, well let me tell you this Senator...let me tell you all here...whether you like it or not, it's political power that rules and just because some one holds the title of Chancellor doesn't mean they are the true leader of the Senate.

Also I recommend that the blockade runner that The Star Wars Archivist has travelling to Maridun be called back immediatly as I will not be able to secure its safe passage through my blockade. All Amani agents are now back on Maridun and none will be given up to the MSC to face charges because as of now no proof has been put forward to warrant it....My military will not succumb to any sanctions as they are engaged in a purely defensive operation and are no threat to any here.'

23. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr Speaker-

Post the amendment to Bill 986 (Bill 986b) for debate and consideration. The period for debate and consideration shall be 24 hours from when it is posted.

TheCIS likes this.
  24. TheCIS

Apr 21, 2013
    Senators, Vice Chancellor and Chancellor,
    The time has come to vote upon a new Bill, Bill 986 (Bill986b).
    The voting period opens now and will close in 24 hours (1730, 19 December EST)

Remember, we are voting on the amendment only and not the rest of the Bill (which is already law). Thus, only the amended part of Bill 986 is posted below.

Seconded by TheCIS

Planets that agree to host refugees should be made well-aware of the consequences. The governments of those planets are be obliged to use the budget the Senate gives them only for helping refugees. Inspection units will be allowed to trace where the money is going. Apart from that, each refugee camp will also be frequently visited by inspection units to make sure refugees are equally well-treated.

FOR​
    TheCIS of Geonosis​

AGAINST​

25. TheCIS

Apr 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.