main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - Reconstruction

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I nominate Senator aalagartassle for the position of Chancellor.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I second the nomination of Senator aalagartassle.

[​IMG]

3. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr. Speaker. Do we have an active Senator List? It seems that most of this chamber has dropped off the grid along with our former fearless leader.

Bazinga'd Note: In order to prevent the Chancellor disappearing without notice, the next time we amend the constitution we need to make some sort of provision of succession, i.e., in the event that the Chancellor is out of communication for more than 3 days without prior notice, the Chancellor will be automatically recalled and the Vice Chancellor will assume the duties of Chief of State.

4. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I approve of the motion to for the people of Tython.

5. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
    I too agree that he would be the best choice for Chancellor

6. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Thankyou senators for the vote of confidence, my term, if elected will be about voting and partipation in governement. I will try to bring forward debate and ratify or dimiss bills if elected. I do believe the remnants of reconstruction need to be undertaken and our justice system needs to be looked at. I will continue to drive home that a planets sovereignity is paramount to this body while the function of the senate is an enabeler for wealth, health and expansion and treaty's and protection. I do believe that protocols that are non binding in a sense should be debated and if there is enough will for protocols to be turned into laws then that is a way to gauge the galaxies movement.

7. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    *****Rises and applauds very loudly********

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

8. The_Riddler

The_Riddler Jedi Master star 3

Aug 6, 2013
    I'm thinking of Re-joining the senate as Merkual

I'm just waiting for an opportune time, instead of returning into the middle of the game

in the meantime, I will take my old spot at the public gallery

9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
  10. The_Riddler

The_Riddler Jedi Master star 3

Aug 6, 2013
    OOC: ok Bazinga'd I'll introduce myself as Sistros' predecessor in my next post as Merkual :)

Edit: oops I meant successor not predecessor :oops: more sleep for me

11. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    OOC: Just pick one and stick with it. You could even introduce your self as the successor to Sistros.

12. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Is the nomination period ended? The government needs to form to tackle issues of galactic importance!

13. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    The nomination period should have long ended. Bardan_Jusik

Mr. Speaker, how would you like to proceed. I recommend we go to elections. Since there was only one nominee, and we are facing critical times, I think it may be prudent to declare a winner.

14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Indeed. I suspect you may be right. By the power vested in me by the Senate I hereby declare Senator aalagartassle to be our new Chancellor. Long live the Senate, long live the Chancellor.

[​IMG]

15. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    BAZ Note: Normal Election Cycles will begin 30 days from May 1. The next two weeks will be used by the administrations to reset the scenario.

aalagartassle and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr. Chancellor / Mr. Speaker - aalagartassle Bardan_Jusik

I would like to propose legislation that will address the urgent mental health crisis that has erupted throughout the galaxy as a result of a prolonged period of conflict. My contacts in the medical arena have indicated that many of our fighting men and woman have been suffering from PTSD type stress and anxiety type disorders. As one of the debts that this galaxy owes its veterans, I would request the creation of a commission that would revamp the current mental health system as well as a sizable expenditure in order to create a system that can handle the crisis.

17. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    ***rises***
    Yes indeed the reconstruction process is not just about the payments on infrastructure, but to the health and well being of our veterans. I will endevour to find the monies to fund this in the budget. I believe the fall out and the callapsed vigos property and assests will make a great starting point to fund the propsal in its infancy, but alas something more permanant will be needed. I challenge the senate to come up with proposals for the well being of veterans. It may need to come from the 986 bill that enforces senate guards to be continually in service. I believe a sunset clause was discussed, so funds that were appropriated to this may be suplimented or skimmed in the gradual downsizing of our security forces. Any thoughts senators?

18. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr. Chancellor-

I like that approach and I think Bill 986 is the correct legislative vehicle to drive the initiative. Perhaps we can establish a committee so that we can get a panoply of ideas.

On one other matter.....I would recommend we immediately conduct an audit to make sure our former absconded chancellor did not take with him a golden parachute.

19. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Greetings, Senators!

Finally, I have returned from Lorahns.
    The government of my homeworld has debated upon my fate for several weeks.
    Yesterday, I was granted permission to continue serving the Senate.
    I am glad to be back and I am looking forward to once again work together with my fellow Senators.

Best regards,

General Immodet

20. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanyou General Immodet of Lohrans, the galaxy is better off with your esteemed service. I hope your internal disputes give you a fresh outlook on galactic affairs. I would like to know if your sector will be trying to champion a cause or law?

I ask all other senators as well, what cause is your system championing for? The senate needs to know and move forward on galactic organiziation and innovation. Myself, from my constituants see the Monetary funds of the galaxy are inflated exceedingly, they are mystified why there is so much cash with little assests or debt? The resource, banking and trade sector report normal trade but with a overall want for more demand and having certain corporations willing to pay top prices for even lowly ranked commodities as long as they are tactile and not traded for credit.

21. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr. Chancellor-

As I indicated before I would love to see an increased emphasis on mental health care, especially for the retutrning veterans of our recent and prolonged conflicts.

22. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    There is a cause I would like to see addressed in this Senate:

For a long time, our justice system has been failing.
    Justice simply cannot handle the many cases handed over to them.
    Apart from that, many prisons are just overpopulated.
    Something needs to be changed soon or we are going to have a serious problem.
    Either the justice system will have to be reformed or it will need a much larger budget.

23. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Thankyou general for your thoughts and your committment to the senate.
    I would like to introduce the new dynamic team for next cycle, that being
    @Admrial Volshe of Naboo, as Vice Chancellor
    @Jedi General Gelderd of Tython as speaker
    Their time in the senate is most influencial in shaping our galaxy and are consumate professionals at their respective appointments.

Admiral Volshe

Jedi General Gelderd

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  24. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Tatooine sends its hearty congrats to the new VCOS Admiral Volshe and Speaker Jedi General Gelderd

May your terms in office be highlighted by productive legislation.

25. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Congratulations to the new VC and Speaker!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.