main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - The Reign of the New Galactic Empire!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Senate is full of greedy, squabbling delegates. There is no interest in the common good."
    -Senator Palpatine, speaking at the time of the Blockade of Naboo

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100124032849/starwars/images/6/67/IrateChagrianSenator-Timeline6.jpg]

Star Wars: The SWC Galactic Senate Game: The Great Sith Civil War

Star Wars: The SWC Galactic Senate Game: The Great Sith Civil War

The Galactic Alliance has a history of defying the odds. From its modest origins in the back rooms of wayward senators? apartments, dim alleyways, and cantinas in the oddest corners of the galaxy as the Rebel Alliance, to its stunning victory against the treacherous Empire, to its recreation of a government to rival the scope and splendor of the Old Republic, and even in rising from the ashes of the New Republic in the Yuuzhan Vong War and defeating Darth Caedus and Admiral Daala, the Galactic Alliance has a rich history of greatness.

Even the rise of the One Sith and their decade long rampage through the galaxy with the most misguided and totalitarian elements of the Empire as their allies has been blunted, and the Galactic Alliance, in conjuncture with redeemed Imperial forces and a reduced Jedi Order, rebounded. Despite this, the intricacies of the final days of the war with the One Sith have caused a generation of issues, and the war has dragged on in a muted form for the past eight years, between intergalactic Sith-Imperial warlords and rogue One Sith, complicated by the rise in power of the Hutt clans and the Mandalorian tribes.

But these conflicts are nothing in comparison to the storm that brews in the Unknown Regions. Sith rebels, driven into the Unknown Regions by the long war, have amassed in two separate factions, the Acolytes of Darkness and the Ancient Sith Empire (ASE) with the intention to sweep through the galaxy. To stand against it is a New Galactic Empire (NGE), rising from the choices of several key member worlds within the Alliance, having been convinced by neo-Imperial propaganda that the Jedi remain to blame for all the wrongs the galaxy now suffers. The elevation of Emperor Fel III to mythical levels by his sacrifice in the final days of the war against the One Sith have made him a pariah, and everyone questions what would have happened had the Jedi simply sided with Emperor Fel fifteen years before and ended the One Sith there and then.

Ignoring the true Imperial Empress and the commanding triumvirate she is a member of, the NGE seeks to take control of the re-established Senate, in the face of renewed Sith infiltration's and incursions, and against stalwart Jedi opposition, seeking to regain the initiative.

The galaxy is once again in peril. Only the Senate can decide what to do next.

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/53/Galacticsenate.jpg]

Welcome to the SWC Galactic Senate Game. Post two will contain the Constitution of the Senate. Post three will contain the modifications for the Senate. If you have questions about the game, please read through the constitution, or contact the forum moderators: [b]Sinrebirth[/b] and [b]Qui-Gon_Reborn[/b]. This first post will be a placeholder to keep the roster of the game. It will be edited in the future to show the updated roster (probably monthly) along with the current Chief of State, Vice Chief of State and Speaker of the House.

Please, be sure to familiarize yourself with all three of the first posts. This will help you tremendously as the game continues.

Let the politics begin!! Take advantage of the first 10 days of the thread to make your political positions known and do some in-game (and within the rules) socializing so we can have a better idea of how the game will unfold.

[b]Official Roster[/b]

[b]Chief of State:[/b]
    [b]Vice Chief of State: [/b]
    [b]Speaker: [/b]

1. Mister_Master, representing Iridonia, backed by the [b][color=red]New Galactic Empire[/color][/b]
    2. Sinrebirth, representing Bastion, backed by the [b][color=blue]Acolytes of Darkness[/color][/b]
    3. Bardan_Jusik,

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/4d/Jedi_Code.jpg]

Constitution of the SWC Galactic Senate Game

[b]Rule 1: Eligibility to participate. [/b]

This game is open to all members of the Jedi Council Forums. Players may join and leave at any time. To join the game, a player needs only add themselves to the official game roster, and indicate on that roster which planet they wish to represent. A player may leave the game by removing themselves from the roster. A player may be removed from the game for violating the ToS or the forum rules at the discretion of the forum moderators, Sinrebirth and Qui-Gon_Reborn. A player may also be removed from the game by the Vice Chief of State (see rule 2, Officers below) after the player has been inactive for a period of 14 consecutive days without giving prior notice of an absence.

[b]Rule 2: Officers [/b]

There shall be three official officers of this game. The Chief of State, the Vice Chief of State, and the Speaker of the House.

The job of the Chief of State is to manage the game. The CoS will introduce scenarios that fit into the timeline, report how bills that passed/failed/were deliberated/etc affect the galaxy as a whole, recognize or deny motions, and attempt to keep the game fun for all members. The CoS will receive red-only VIPship and title for the month(s) they are elected.

The job of the Vice Chief of State is to care for the records of the game. The VCoS will be the official record keeper of the Roster, and should post it in thread at least once every three days. The VCoS will also be charged with recording the results of all motions and votes in the game. The VCoS is also charged with running the election of Chief of State in the following month, unless a conflict of interest is present (see Rule 3: Elections, below) In the event of an absence of the Chief of State, the VCoS will act as Chief of State. This will occur if the Supreme Chancellor announces he will be away for a set period of time, or if the Chief of State is inactive for a period of at least five days without notice. In the latter case, the VCoS is also obligated to PM the forum mods and notify them of the absence of the Chief of State.

The job of the Speaker of the House is to facilitate communication. The SoH will be responsible for PMing all senators one week, and two days prior to the election of a new Chief of State, as well as PMing all senators for topics of great interest, as requested and designated by the Chief of State.

No member may hold any single office for more than two consecutive months, and may not hold any office for more than three consecutive months.

No other official offices exist in this game, although the Chief of State may create unofficial offices (head of xyz committee, head of xyz political party, etc) to facilitate the scenarios being discussed.

[b]Rule 3: Elections [/b]

Elections of the offices of this game shall be done during a four-day process, beginning on the first of each month.

The first day of elections is ?nomination day?, and will occur on the first of the month starting at 12:01 a.m. board time. On this day, any member of the game may nominate any other member of the game for the office of Chief of State. Each member of the game may only nominate one other person.

The second day of elections is ?acceptance, platform, and questions day?, and will occur on the second day of the month starting at 12:01 a.m. board time. On this day, any member who received at least two nominations for the office of Chief of State shall do one of two things: post their declination of nomination, or post their acceptance of nomination (thus becoming a candidate) and a platform of what to expect from them if elected Chief of State. Also on this day, all members of the thread may post up to three questions for the candidates (questions may be specific to a candidate or generic to all candidates). Candidates should refrain from answering questions this day. During the day, the Vice Chief of State should post the candidates who have a

3. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/bd/Jedi_Temple_sunset.jpg] [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/31/Senatebldg.JPG]

The Rules

You are a Senator who must represent the will of your homeworld to the best of your ability.

The Senate maintains a working relationship with the triumvirate that has been established at the end of the Legacy comics, and must work with that body in order to avoid yet another war. If you start to make them mad, an assassin droid with suspicious-looking, Imperial-like markings, or a Jedi Knight loyal to the triumvirate might make its way into your luxury apartment. Equally, when sacrificing your soul to please the triumvirate, you will be making decisions that corrupt you -- become too corrupt, and you?ll die.

But things are even more complicated; you have to appeal to two other parties; your homeworld, and your backers...

The Three Aspects

Triumvirates Disapproval:
    Your Homeworld?s Disapproval:
    Your Corruption:

Every player will have 100 points to attach to any of these pieces to start. If you reach 100 points in any of these three aspects, you will be killed and removed from the game. The aim is to survive until the Senate saves the galaxy!

Dolling Out Points

The results of your votes upon your aspects will be decided by the Chancellor, after a vote. This is to prevent individuals trying to balance out things artificially ? you must act as you would as an Senator.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/ac/Medals.jpg]

Mysterious Backers

A new feature added to this game is the concept of 'Mysterious Backers'. With the mainstream galaxy busy with the fallout from the Legacy comics, the Senate has been approached by four parties. The Jedi Alliance, the Acolytes of Darkness, the New Galactic Empire and the Ancient Sith Empire. At the beginning of the game, you must declare to the game which of the four factions are backing you. And so, you must not only balance your homeworlds wishes, and the ire of the triumvirate, but your own supporters in their attacks on the galaxy! Those who choose neutrality, can do so, but do not think it will last for long!

Have Fun!

This is a new version of an old favorite for SWC. Have fun with it! That?s what it?s here for!

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5c/Coruscant_at_night.jpg]

Please confirm your Senatorial roles, and we'll be answering any questions as we go along. It's a new era, for a surprise, but the game still works. The new roster will be prepared for when we actually start. Feel free to spread the word that the game is beginning, and I?ll be sending around some PM?s as well. I sure hope you're as excited about this as I am. :D Now let's get this political machine moving!

4. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    is the speaker of the public gallery still open?

or even a "speaker" for order in case things get heated or is that the Mods/Chancellors job?

5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Mods/Chancellors tend to police things, but anyone is welcome to comment from the public gallery.

One would assume, for the NGE continuity, that this could be during the birth of the NGE, so you are welcome to lurk as Emperor, and comment accordingly.

6. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Once more representing the Iridonian Zabraks in this lovely Senate I, Mister_Master return to you; with the backing of the New Galactic Empire.

The Three Aspects

Triumvirates Disapproval: 30
    Your Homeworld?s Disapproval: 30
    Your Corruption: 40

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    So be it. Representing the unmatched fortress world of Bastion in this noble establishment is I, Sinrebirth, backed by the Acolytes of Darkness

The Three Aspects

Triumvirates Disapproval: 40
    Your Corruption: 30

8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I shall represent Manda'yaim, or Mandalore to you aruetiise. :p Currently enjoying no backing, I have to wait and see which group offers us the best deal. ;)

The Three Aspects

9. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Representing the world of Korriban of the Esstran Sector, I, secret emissary of the True Sith, am backed by the Ancient Sith Empire.

The Three Aspects

Your Homeworld's Disapproval: 30

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I shall return as well, as the esteemed . . . scratch that . . . HIGHLY esteemed senator of Ryloth. :p Backed by the Jedi Alliance, as usual.

Triumvirates Disapproval: 0
    Your Corruption: 70

11. Darth_Lexis

Darth_Lexis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2009
    I, Darth_Lexis, humbly stand before this auspicious assembly to announce my representation of the proud constituents of the grandiose planet of Onderon, in the opulent sector of Japrael. I am confidently backed by the all powerfull Acolytes of Darkness.

The Three Aspects

Triumvirates Disapproval: 35
    Your Corruption: 35

12. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Representing the world of Corellia in the Corellian Sector, I JEDI_TEEGIRLOO am backed by the prestigious Acolytes of Darkness

The Three Aspects

Triumvirates Disapproval: 35
    Your Homeworld?s Disapproval: 35

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Looks like the Acolytes are winning already. :cool:

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Only if the other senators don't band together and form a coalition government to thwart you. [face_whistling]

15. Darth_Lexis

Darth_Lexis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2009
    Mind your tongue Bounty Hunter! [face_skull]

16. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Numbers don't win a battle, my dear Sinrebirth. The Sith are far from winning. The NGE will never fall to tyranny. Not while blood still runs in our veins. This I swear!

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Fine words Senator, but what does your new Empire stand for? The people of Mandalore would like to know before we would ask for its backing.

18. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I shall be representing Dantooine. Backed by the Jedi Alliance[.

Your Homeworld's Disapproval: 35
    Your Corruption: 35

19. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I shall be representing Ziost. Backed by the Ancient Sith Empire.

Your Homeworld's Disapproval: 25
    Your Corruption: 45

20. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    I am representing the Planet of Mustafar, with the backing of the New Galactic Empire.

The Three Aspects

Triumvirates Disapproval: 60
    Your Homeworld?s Disapproval: 20
    Your Corruption: 20

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Alright, we seem to have the players down, though we may attract a few more as we go along.

To start, we need to select a Chancellor to kick off the game.

I'll put my name into the ring, but otherwise, it's down to the Senate.

22. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    As do I... put my name into the ring, I mean. ;)

23. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I also put my name in as well.:D

24. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    I nominate Sinrebirth for Chancellor.

25. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I nominate me as Chancellor