main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - The Reign of the New Galactic Empire!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Senator Thomas, I disagree heavily. Assumptions are fickle things, and very dangerous to make in the realm of politics; one can never be sure candidates will "all say similar things."

Senator Bardan, I thank you for your questioning, and here is my response.

It is a perilous time for the galaxy. There is no time of peace and there shan't be for the foreseeable future; any words expressing grandiose wishes of restoring peace are words only. The truth is, action is the only medium through which we might communicate with our many enemies; I shall see order restored, but not peace. Someday I hope my successors will usher the galaxy into an era of peace and prosperity but until then, things must be done.

I shall hope to restore relations with the myriad cultures set in disarray across the galaxy. I would propose forging a larger army; one comprised of the Mandalorian clans, and local coalitions from all sectors that are willing to pledge allegiance. The former I was hoping to have your support in uniting under one banner. This way, we may bolster the forces of this government; I would follow a philosophy of the end justifies the means, and in this light I would work closer with the Imperial remnant - the true Imperial remnant - and the ravaged Jedi Order, so that we might eliminate the One Sith from the galaxy... and prepare for a storm the likes of which none of us have ever seen that is brewing, even now as I speak, in the darkness of the Unknown Regions.

Be Prepared! is my message in this campaign. If we do not act decisively, swiftly and aggressively, the already tattered galaxy will be torn completely.

Feel free to ask any more questions you deem helpful, Senator Bardan. I will consent to an interview, if you wish.

*bows*

Thank you for your support and your vote, Senator RX_Sith.

2. Darth Aiser

Darth Aiser Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2006
    Also in poltics promices and plans dont exactly fall into place. My vote still stands even knowing what I am voting for now. Politics is like poker, if you know how 1 person does his stuff you can almost garuantee that it is similar to his plan. Like you Dreadwar Your a very agressive and cunning and definately likes to cut to the chase of things so I am not surprised that its in your plans. BUT a single drawback of your style is you may inadvertanly prempt a war, but I personally belive that and I am willing to place credits that my inadvertanly is almost not the right word.

I am personally concerned for the citizens of the galaxy and their safety and well being.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I am hear to bring common Imperial sense to proceedings.

It won't be about putting down problems, it will be about resolving them in a way which will bring about a lasting peace.

It won't be about being strong, it will about being invincible.

It won't be about being charitable, it will be about being benevolent.

4. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    What are the candidates opinions on Superweapons...?

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Rule by fear!

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I would like to thank the candidates for their swift and honest replies. As you all know we Mandalorians are an independent minded people. What are your thoughts on the benefits and weaknesses of a weak centralized galactic government versus a strong one?

Also I like the question what are your opinions of single, expensive, vulnerable targets err I mean "superweapons"? [face_whistling]

7. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Hmm...how about we hear your opinion on those "single, expensive, and vulnerable targets," too, Senator Bardan!

8. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Senator Thomas, we are at war already; essentially we continue to live in a Sith War even if Darth Krayt is dead. Start a war? No; the folly of past politicians have preempted wars, and my policies are only aimed at resolving all of the galaxy's problems in order of biggest, baddest and most dangerously urgent to the most menial. Functional? Yes. Aggressive and cunning? I am glad you think so. But ultimately, measures must be taken to curb the expansion of Sith power, and prevent Unknown Terrors from laying waste to the precious Triumvirate. Your words are wise. *smiles genially and turns*

Senator Daft of Mustafar, I firmly believe superweapons are, as Senator Bardan said behind a thin veil of sarcasm, super-wastes of resources, money, time and effort. Superweapons, by a rule, do not work; they present a single, and unbelievably easy-to-destroy target to an enemy, and history shows, through the swift destruction of the Death Star, the Sun Crusher, the Galaxy Gun and so on, that they are ineffective methods of bringing about stability. They are archaic relics of a brutal, less civilized era, and I believe they contradict the ideals of this government.

Senator Bardan, I stand firmly for a strong, unified galactic government that comprises many cultures and polities, from the Hapes Consortium, to the Yuuzhan Vong, to your people - the Mandalorians. We are, after all, the Triumvirate - Empire, Republic... Jedi Knights, Imperial Knights. Together we are One, indivisible, and we present no easy target to destroy - our base of power is spread throughout the galaxy. Should Coruscant be destroyed, I know Bastion will be ready to heed the call of the Senate.

In the same way, power is spread throughout this body - the vote is a great thing indeed, and the merger of Imperial and GA policies, I feel, hearkens back to the days of the Old Republic, when it was strong, invincible, before corruption had taken root. In this way, this government is mighty and strong - centralized and vulnerable, a heart of power exposed to the dagger of the enemy? No. In the Triumvirate, all polities, and all Senators, have a say... and so ultimately, so does every person in the galaxy, including the fiercely territorial citizens of the Esstran sector and the independent minded Mandalorians.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Certainly Senator Paddy, though I am not a candidate for the leadership, nor do I desire to lead this Senate I shall answer your question. I am against the formation of these so called super-weapons. They are a huge drain on resources and end up creating one, or at best, a few weapons that are in fact simply targets. Throughout the history of the GFFA we have seen these super targets fall to the humblest of attackers. Rather those resources sunk into and wasted on super targets would be better spent on larger fleets, or perhaps better training for the forces we command.

10. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    I have no wish to lead the Senate either, and your opinion is similar to mine.

Super-weapons could cost millions if not trillions of dollars or credits to purchase the materials, build, and to maintain. How the Empire managed to do this with the Death Star is beyond me... Plus, the Rebel Alliance managed to destroy it through a single fatal flaw through it's armor. No weapon is invincible, so it is a massive waste of money. It also would cause much fear, since it single handedly managed to destroy an entire planet with it's laser. I am completely against it as well.

11. Darth Aiser

May 26, 2006
    With the time and credits poured into a superweapon could be used to finance a larger army/naval force. A larger Military is better than a super weapon is just in a single place at a single time where as a army can be multiple places at once and is more mobile harder force to hit. 100 ISDs can destory a Sinlge Death Star or SSD. tho a Hundered SSDs is more realistic than 1 or even 2 DSs. Imagine 3 fleets of 100 ISDs with a single SSD as its flag ship. that force would be more formidal that a 3 Deathstars. in terms of logistics cost effectiveness and common practicality.

12. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Superweapons vex the resources that could be used elsewhere. A needed strength within the military could be more of the focus. It also employs jobs to many of our brave men and women who wish to serve their government. Hence giving a galaxy a more secure and less threatening option.

Also resources could be allocated to the progress of much more reliable and advance technology that would enhance our way of life.

And lastly lets not forget the smaller worlds that need help with restoration and other needs to allow them to prosper.

No to Superweapons my friends.

13. Darth Aiser

May 26, 2006
    Kamino has another question more controversial in the galaxy as a whole. What are your opions on useing clones?

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Senator of Bastion approves. Heavily.

15. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Clones can be very useful and productive. I think that using them in a military form as they were during the Old Republic days could be beneficiary to helping with security and military needs. Kamino has proven to be the best when it comes to the cloning process. The madness effect is a glitch that could be taken care of without any harm done to the public.

16. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I am on the platform opposing superweapons as well. Fear is no way to hold power. When one uses fear to control, you show no faith in any of your other abilities to lead. If you have no faith in those abilities you ten dto ignore them, and when you ignore them they grow weak. This is in general I find, but when a ruler uses fear to keep control of their government and the rest of the worlds, they lose that power, completely.

Superweapons are used as a means to end by using war, even if they are never used directly. Taking a state whole is superior, destroying it is inferior to this. Taking an army whole is superior, destroying it is inferior to this. Taking a battalion whole is superior, destroying it is inferior to this. Taking a company whole is superior to this, destroying it is inferior to this. Taking a squad whole is supeior to this, destroying it is inferior to this. Therefor, one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Subduing the others military without battle is the most skillful.
    (Sun Tzu, The Art of War[giving due credit])
    With all of that said, I have to give credit to them in that they do end a battle quickly, but at what cost? Buildings can be rebuilt, plants can grow again, but the dead are dead and they can never come back.

Clones are a controversial subject to say the least. I find the conflict and controversy within myself as well. I find them effective in battle, history has shown such, but they are still living things. To take them and make them essentially "organic battle droids" for the sake of battle....just seems wrong. To give something life without a soul is wrong to me. Would they used and useful as a last resort in a war where all other options have been exhuasted? Yes, but it should never come to that. The use of cloning for making organs and appendages for medical use is a cause I can get behind as it can save lives, but for war, I just don't know. I think if we used cloning technology to help heal soldiers then that could be just as effective and beneficial to both Kamino and the Republic.

17. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    I agree with JediMaster, and am against clone making. But he has said it all already, and I have no more reasons...

18. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    *waits for MM's response on the issue*

19. darthsolo1717

darthsolo1717 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2011
    I would like to join this game as the Senator of Roon. =)

The Three Aspects

Triumvirates Disapproval: 30
    Your Homeworld?s Disapproval: 30
    Your Corruption: 40

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    After due consideration of all the questions and answers given by our candidates, Manda'yaim must reluctantly cast it's vote for JediMaster1511 for Chancellor. We believe that he is the least likely candidate to attempt to install a central governemnt that would infringe on our system's rights. Should that supposition change, so too will our support.

As for the issue of clones, though the question was not directed at me, I do wish to weigh in on the matter. We Mandalorians have obviously been greatly affected by the cloning process. We had an influx of citizens from clone deserters before, during and after the clone wars. Their template was a Mandalorian, and an unaltered clone eventually became Mand'alor. Therefore, I can only be for the cloning process. However, as sentient beings, clones must be given all the rights that other life forms receive. They must not be used for slave armies, but rather given their own choices as to what path they shall follow once they are created. They should never be treated as anyone's property but as full citizens of this Republic and the systems in which they choose to reside.

21. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Senator Bardan, I must say, being a Senator of the Outer Rim in a sector whose rights are often breached, I would be one most likely to oppose a central government... least of all, infringements of Mandalore's rights.

*smiles thinly*

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Perhaps if that is proven over time than you shall gain our support in a future vote for Chancellor Senator Dreadwar. However for the time being the vote will stand. We are just simple mando'ade trying to make our way in the universe. Strong central governments tend to interfere with that.

23. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    I couldn't agree more.

The Esstran sector has been discriminated against in the past by all manners of strong central governments, ranging from the Sith Empire that held our Sector in their grasp of tyranny to the Triumvirate which holds our simple peoples responsible for the return of the Sith.

*sighs*

Nonetheless, thank you for your thoughtful consideration Senator Bardan.

24. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I respect Mandoa. Mandelorians and Sith have been on friendly terms most of the times. I promise as Chancellor I would not allow slavery, Infringement on any part of a Mandoa. It would not be feasible as I said before. A Chancellor must understand the plight of the constituents. No matter who they are.

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Fine words Senator TEE. We Mandos have no problems with Sith, often times they have been the source of contracts that have employed many of us as mercenaries and bounty hunters. However, there have been times that they have attempted to enslave our people. We are hopeful that if Senator JM1511 is elected that he will be friendly to our cause. If not, he would certainly lose our support and we would be forced to look elsewhere, perhaps even to you Senator TEE. To us the jedi and sith are simply opposite sides of the same coin. Indeed, I personally find your little inter-faith squabble to be quite amusing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.