main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - The Reign of the New Galactic Empire!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    Thank You Tee, much appreciated.

2. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Your welcome.:)

3. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Wait, for the wrath and disapproval ones, should we want those to be lower, or does wrath and disapproval in this case mean good things?

4. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    You want the wrath to be higher cause points will be deducted if you go against something that would be pro AoD. Make sense?

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    You spread out the points any way you want them. Since this is the first time that we've really played with a direct allegiance system, things will be interesting.

You want all categories to be low. If you get 100 points in any category, you "die". The first-page rules should outline the whole game process. [face_peace]

6. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    My bad the other time we were deducting points. This clarifies it more thanks Gunny.

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    No problem. [face_peace]

8. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Hmm.....I have a quick question about the attributes counter. Are we supposed to keep the one about "Personal Corruption"?

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Forgot about that one. :oops: Guess it's been so long since we last played that I completely forgot about that one.

What do you guys think? Should we include personal corruption and have five categories, or stick with four?

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I say we stick with the four and forget about corruption but thats just my opinion, I will play either way. [face_peace]

11. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Can we just get this thing started I'm itching to go since this is my first time playing

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Patience jetti. :p

13. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
  14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I think it's complicated enough with four, so I'd vote to not add corruption for this game.

15. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    I have to agree with the Metal Man. :p

The numbering is confusing enough for me with four. I just asked since it was never mentioned.

16. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I also agree four is enough.

17. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    *after acceping the offical robes from my office, rises in the Chancellors Podium*

My noble Senators, it's a delight to accept this role as Chancellor, as such some of you may find my methods rather unique, I'm not into political jargon, I'm straight forward but precise, and I'm polite but blunt

to my collegue JMS: it was an honour to be up against you,

to business:

I'm a first time player here in the senate, so this is what I have in mind

under the leadership of one Galvus Ghullo who represents The UNION AGAINST FORCE SENSITIVE TYRANNY or UAFST for short are causing unrest in the galaxy, concerned that the more active/vocal senators in the senate are indeed members of factions and orders such as the Sith and Jedi, the people of the galaxy are convinced of rising plots against them. According to Galvus Ghullo anyone with less than "5,000 midichlorian count are subject to death under new plans by the senate" it's our job in the senate to combat such claims, stop a rebellion forming and deal with any other bills that lead our way, Also there might even be a few senators out there who agree with Ghullo's claims..

=======

oh, something else for the Senate to consider: The New Galactic Empire has awoken, and it seems the Chancellor has a big part in it, is Democracy on the brink of collapse? or is it merely a security blanket in case the Jedi and Sith decide to start war with each other?

Senators must ask these questions, the Galaxy depends on it, YOUR PLANET NEEDS YOU!

AS WITH THESE POINTS systems, I never saw the point in them , but don't worry I won't be changing the constitution *grins*

in my next post I'll post these points as well as who will be speaker and vice chairman

18. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    Bardan_Jusik - Vice Chancellor

JediTeegirloo - Speaker of the House.

----

AoD's Wrath: 35
    NJT's Appreciation: 35
    NGE's Disapproval: 35
    Homeworld's Approval: 35

I hope this is acceptable for all senators

=====

to start the game, do any senators have any concerns they want to raise to the senate?

19. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009
    OOC: Well, I hate to be all math-smart, but 35+35+35+35=140, not 150 which I thought we were supposed to have. But if we changed it to 140, I'm fine with it. I'll use it too, I guess. Even-ness is always good.

20. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    OOC: uggh: this is why I hate the points part and the reason it kept me from playing in the past,

but I concur with your point

maths was never my strong point either,

if i wanted to join a maths game, I'd join well, a game heavily INVOLVING in numbers :p

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    OOC: Colours have been given. In the interests of a smooth turnover, and as elections did take awhile, I am making an executive Mod decision that Sistros' reign shall last until the end of April. Any objections, PM away. [face_peace]

The Senator of Relus has a question; why does the Senate consider Force use such a heresy? The first Galactic Empire considered such a thing, and we know that was clearly evil... ditto the reign of former Admiral Daala over a century ago. Force users balance out governments... why should they be barred from office as enlightened beings?

My own home-system has seen great heights at the hands of Emperor Palpatine... and also the Rakata before that. It has also seen a planet - Byss, for those unaware of the most well known planet in my home-system - destroyed by Rebels, and billions killed. I am a fan of central authority, but this kind of... Purge seems somewhat dangerous.

22. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    the Senator of Relus makes a very good point,

Balance is what is needed for a fair democracy,

According to the official statement by the UAFST I quote "Force sensitives were the cause of much suffering in the history of the Galaxy, they were heavily involved in the clone wars and the corruption in the senate at that time, And let us not forget these users of the force can manipulate our very minds to meet their own ends, how do we the citizens know that we weren't manipilated into voting for senators with such powers? the senate must meet our demands, ALL force sensitive senators must be recognised on public register, if they have nothing to hide they will NOT object"

Senators we must act before rebellion strikes.

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    *Inclines head towards the Chancellor*

As always it is an honor to serve.

With regards to the matter before the Senate. I shall reserve judgement...for now. I would like to see the responses by the various force sensative senators before weighing in on the matter.

OOC: No objections Sinre, especially as we are still figuring out what we are doing with the atributes/points system.

24. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    First off thank Chancellor it will be an honor to serve.

AoD's Wrath: 40
    NGE's Disapproval: 35
    Homeworld's Approval: 40

Hope that's good.

Now for the subject that has been presented. Force users should not be treated like second class citizens. They help to ensure peace and order within the galaxy. Without them chaos would exist. The rebellion such as the one against Emperor Palpatine was headed by mostly non force sensitives. Therefore makes this rule of force users to register invalid.

25. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009
    AoD's Wrath: 35
    NGE's Disapproval: 40
    Homeworld's Approval: 40

As for the subject, I think that Force-users should be registered to a degree. (OOC: This goes against my character, but it's fun to be the single voice against the others.) From what business owners on my planet tell me, their customers will not shop there if a Force-user works there, for the reason that they don't know if the Force-user is making them buy products. I do think that once Force-users reach a certain age, say 17 or 18, they should be allowed to register for the Jedi, Sith, or another Force-using faction, such as the Nightsisters or the Fallanassi. Training from birth should NOT be allowed. Also, if the Force user is untrained, they will register with the government, but their file will be shown only to employers, and even then it will show that they only have an untrained aptitude. Also, if a Force-user is trained, they should not be allowed to join most businesses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.