main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - The Reign of the New Galactic Empire!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    OOC: With the moderator Sinrebirth's permission I appoint JediMaster1151 and CDGodin to be General Secretary and chief of senate guards respectively, no changes to the Constituation of the senate has been amended.

if anyone has any objections, please state either here or PM to Sinrebirth.

2. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Here are my current numbers.

AoD's Wrath: 35
    NJT's Appreciation: 35
    NGE's Disapproval: 35
    Homeworld's Approval: 35

As for the matter at hand, the idea of a Force user -- or any sort of person -- to be treated as a Second-class citizen is foolish and completely near-sighted. I will not deny that some Force users have caused problems in the Galaxy's history, but it is Force users who are called upon to keep the sometimes fragile peace.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Ah, but by placing those with force abilities into the role of "peacekeepers" are you not creating a two class system? One in which the force users are placed in a position of power over everyone else? We "mundanes", for lack of a better term, are also quite adept at policing the galaxy by ourselves. Perhaps a simple registration program would indeed be in the Galaxy's best interest.

Being able to "keep track of" spoonbenders could very well help to quell any anti-force sentiment that may be out in the populace, yet at the same time would not adversely affect the everyday lives of a force user.

OOC: Are we going with the 140 point system or 150 for attributes, I am seeing both totals used.

4. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    OOC: What would my job be as Chief of Senate Guard??

5. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    I am not saying that those who use the Force are in any way above those without. I just believe that a "registration" of Force-sensitives may be the first of many anti-Force laws...it has has happened multiple times, with non-human laws.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    So should we just wait until this anti-force movement grows in strength and demands even further acation, or shall we attempt to placate them with something as harmless as spoonbender registration? I suppose we could hope their movement loses strength, it is possible that the majority of citizens will seem them as too extreme and they will fade into history.

We could even help along the deterioration of the group through some targeted arrests or assassinations of their leadership.

Just throwing out various measures that we could take to maintain the peace and safety of our constituants.

7. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    OOC: (I really need some more in-character stuff.) The Move is happening on March 21, so are we going to continue playing on the temp board when that comes or are we gonna wait for the regular board to play again?

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: My vote would be for suspending play during the move. It is my understanding that anything posted on the temporary boards will not be carried over to the new boards and will be lost.

9. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    OOC: MY apologies the points is 150 and so:

AoD's Wrath: 35
    NJT's Appreciation: 35
    NGE's Disapproval: 40
    Homeworld's Approval: 40

-------------------------------

OOC: Your job would be to make sure security measures are set up to stop rioters entering the senate disrupting the proceedings

OOC: I'd think the senate would be adjourned at those times, but I think that would be up to people playing and the Manager of the forum.

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    OOC: I think we could still talk about things on the Temp. boards, but we won't be able to have any bills put up for vote for obvious reasons.

11. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    AoD's Wrath: 45
    NJT's Appreciation: 45
    NGE's Disapproval: 10
    Homeworld's Approval: 50

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    AoD's Wrath: 20
    NJT's Appreciation: 50
    NGE's Disapproval: 30
    Homeworld's Disapproval: 50

13. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    OOC: One thing, I'm guessing that the NJT Appreciation has to reach 0 for you to lose instead of 100 like the other stats.

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OOC: It'd be kinda hard to have three counting up and one down, wouldn't it? But I do see your point; I was wondering the same thing. [face_thinking]

15. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    OOC: if it was me I wouldn't even worry about the numbers part of the game,

IC: I've noticed a few of our more vocal senators have been silent on the issue at hand, do they have anything to add before a solution is found?

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: I don't have as much to add here with the aspects and numbers thing. It seemed to have been barely used in the last game.

I think everyone managed to stay in character and play the game that way even without the threat of losing due to hitting their aspect ceiling.

17. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    do you suggest a Meta-Motion be presented to Sinre to do away with the number aspects?

18. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I think that is a great idea Sistros. The attributes is too confusing and not really relevent to the game.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Meta-Motion 1.01

Proposal to do away with the attributes and points system of the game.

Given the confusing nature of the points and attributes sytem, along with their apparent obsolescence, I move that the system be dropped in favor of a self regulating system of simply staying "in character".

OOC: Not sure this will go anywhere, but there seems to be some call for it. I must admit I never got to see the points system in action as they were little uitlized in the last game. Perhaps the game is more fun with them as opposed to without, but at least this way we can debate it and get a quick decision so we can move on with the game. We would of course have to present this idea to Sinre for his approval as Moderator.

20. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I'd love to do away with the point system

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    We've had the points system for a long time, so it'll be different to play without them. However, I think that if it's a popular decision to get rid of them, I'll support that. Now we don't have to worry about changing our position based on attribute points.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: I'll be honest I am not sure which way I would prefer as even last time they seemed to not really come into play much. But it seems like there was at least a few players calling to get rid of the points so I think we should at least discuss it. Especially as we haven't gotten to far into this game yet.

I will enjoy playing either way
    . [face_peace]

23. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    I'd second that

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If enough of you approve it, I'm all happy with it. Aspects have had their time and place. I invented them when the game needed a push towards somewhere new.

25. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    Yay:

Sistros

Nay:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.