main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - The Reign of the New Galactic Empire!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Emperor (Executive)Sinrebirth

Chancellor (Head of the Legislature)
    Sinrebirth

Vice Chancellor
    Bardan_Jusik

Speaker
    Sistros

Senators
    1. Viscretus of Naboo
    2. Sinrebirth of Relus
    3. Sistros of Anaxes
    4. TEE of Corellia
    5. Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore
    6. Tommon of Kamino
    7. cdgodin/Darth_Vemonis of Coruscant
    8. Skywalker of Abydos
    9. Aalagar of Muunilinst​

2. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I believe JediMater1151 will be away

as is Jedimaster_skywalker

as for JEDIGUNSHIP, i've no clue

we can start the game whenever you wish Emperor

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm still here.

1. Viscretus of Naboo
    2. Sinrebirth of Relus
    3. Sistros of Anaxes
    4. TEE of Corellia
    6. Tommon of Kamino
    8. Skywalker of Abydos
    9. Aalagar of Muunilinst
    10. JediGunship of Ryloth

There, now it's fixed. :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The New Senate: Continuing the Crisis

The aftermath of the Sith-Imperial War and subsequent Shadow Wars has been full of terror and despair. Plague ravaged the galaxy while Darth Wyyyrlok V took command of the remaining One Sith, and the Senate triumphed them all. A political movement known as the New Galactic Empire has arisen, and holds much sway over the Senate and the government, although the Triumvirate and New Jedi Order continue to look elsewhere.

However, all is not at peace.

A Rebellion has begun to seek influence within the Senate, and systems have begun declaring themselves supporters of this new political movement. Some have histories with armed movements, such as Mandalore. Some, are more connected with the influential money centres of the galaxy, such as Muunilinst. It is unknown how many other systems intend to lean towards reforming the Senate.

Moreover, old threats have reared their heads. The greedy commerce guilds, including the ReHab Conglomerate and Mining Guild, have secured a stranglehold over the trade routes and are demanding increased freedoms to arm their freighters. Yesterday, the Mining Guild threatened to end shipments to Ryloth and Kamino until a pirate nest in the area is eradicated. Rumours suggest that the pirates are based on Abydos, or are Imperial privateers launching from Naboo. The military, shredded as it has been by recent conflicts, does not have the brute force to patrol even the Mid Rim and has requested the ability to begin conscription or other methods of increasing its forces.

On the other side of the galaxy, on Mandalore, a group of Sith known as the Chosen have sought political refuge, promising to bring secrets of a new Sith movement that is poised to launch an assault on the government. The Chosen wish for their religion to be legalised, and for the prejudice against them lifted, allowing them to run for office. The leader of the Chosen, the man who titles himself the Chosen One, has suggested he has evidence that these rogue Sith have infiltrated the government of Anaxes and Corellia. The Chosen One has the names of other planets that may have been infiltrated, and even the names of politicians within this self-same Senate, which he will offer in exchange for clemency.

So, what are we going to do about it?

5. Darth Aiser

Darth Aiser Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2006
    We need to rebuild the military by any means available to protect our fragile government and planets. I also say we should allow a limited and temporary freedom to allow the commerce guilds to arm for protection from piracy in exchange they must continue the vital shipments to Kamino and Ryloth, until the military can step in and take over, or the freedom to allow individual planets to build up its own forces to counter any piracy, but until the moment we can do any arming of anyone we need to send Intel to Abydos and Naboo to investigate these claims.

I don't see any reason why we should not grant the Chosen political asylum, and as far as I am concerned they have the freedom to practice their religion as they please, but unless they can prove they are citizens from planets within our sovereignty they can not run for an office, if how ever if say one was from Coruscant or Kamino if they are chosen by their populous to an office than I see why not as long as they do not use any of their powers to brainwash others, and this applies to Jedi or Sith. But I do suggest forming some type of failsafe in place as to if they begin brainwashing us or becomes serious threats to our government it can be dealt with swiftly.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Fellow delegates, we live in a galaxy on the verge of crisis. As acn be seen by the Chancellor's report we face a variety of problems which must be solved. While no single issue is as great as the recent unpleasentness, taken togther they could bring about the downfall of our governemnt.

As has been noted, the military forces at the command of this Senate are weak and exhausted from recent conflicts. I believe we must grant the commerce and trade guilds greater rights to arm their vessels so that they might defend themselves from the actvities of pirates and brigands. However as a world of professional soldiers, I must oppose the military's request to adopt conscription to fill their ranks. Such forces tend to be too poorly trained and even more poorly motivated to attend to the tasks at hand. Instead greater support should be given to the defense forces of local systems to deal with any problems they face.

When it comes to the matter of "The Chosen" who have become refugees on my world, I must say that we support them in their efforts to legitimize their system of beliefs. While we Mandalorians do not believe as they do, we stand with them in their desire to legalize their form of worship as well as allow them to run openly for office.

[​IMG]

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I agree with Senator TomMon of Kamino. The guild shipments are vital to our planets, and these pirates are making it very difficult to keep our trade lines open. I saw we should move for a temporary motion allowing these guilds to arm their merchant craft in exchange for continuing their trade practices. With our military forces stretched thin, we have no other choice to get these shipments brought in, as I am aware that my planet's Navy is too inadequate at current levels to deal with these pirates.

I also agree with Senator Bardan on conscription. Those drafted into service in such a manner are not fit for duty, and can easily be dangerous. We must continue to rely on trained troops to keep the peace.

8. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    With three highly respected influential senators and myself addressing the senate floor in favour of arming the mining guild and ReHab congloberate's freighters, I ask the senate to vote on this important issue. The slower the senate reacts, the dire the plight of Ryloth and Kamino become. As a funding system, Muunilinst can absorb the financing of such undertaking but only if it granted the exception of taxes to the New Galactic Empire for a period of no longer than 4 years. I would also propose to the senate that the liberty of arming the guilds should also have a sunset clause.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The offices of his Imperial Majesty and the Chancellor agree with the honourable Senator from Muunilinst.

Will someone suggest a Motion so we may move on this point.

In summary, for the drafting Senator, we seem to be agreed, in total, to the commerce guilds being armed, for the most part, though there must be limitations. Attached to this is the agreement that the military must be funded further, though raising taxes may seem to be the only way to do this. With regards to the Chosen, and the request of the One, we do not seem to have much of a consensus.

10. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    I believe Alagaartassle should be the one to put forward the Motion Chancellor

11. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    OOC: Again, I shall be using these accounts interchangeably. (AKA Senator Viscretus...)

I shall approve this motion, if it is to be put forth.

I however think that there should be restrictions put forth, so that the Commerce Guilds do not abuse their power. As it stands we are giving them access to any amount of weapons and ammunition, which gives them the potential to become a threat. If we do not place restrictions then we must improve the surveillance of the trade routes to avoid any situation.

I will not allow another trade blockade to potentially occur. It would cause unneeded harm to the Naboo economy and people.

I will also put forth a suggestion for recruitment stations to be implemented into worlds in the Outer and Mid Rims, to increase the amount of potential recruits we can gain. I agree with the mention of soldiers becoming "unfit" with conscription, as they are not prepared in the way that elite soldiers should be.

thomasmontgomery likes this.
  12. Darth Aiser

May 26, 2006
    Ok sense we have all agreed more or less for this is in some way or another I will present this as a Motion to his Majesty for consideration to vote. This isn't a law so much as a Temporary exemption of current laws for select areas for a limited time.

Motion: 9:12:12 The Outer Rim Relief Act. The ORRA
    Submitted by TomMon of Kamino

Whereas the Military is in no shape to protect vital trade routes from pirates and other disrupting factors. The Government will allow the Commerce and Mining Guilds to arm their freighters until the Military can step in to protect the trade routes thru the Mid and Outer Rims.
    Provisions:
    1: The Guilds may arm their vessels with Standard Military grade equipment.
    2: Any Guild Vessels that are armed are still subject to inspections by Local and Galactic Governments.
    3: Any Vessel that is running for a Guild and has been armed under this Act and refuses Inspection by Authorized Governmentmental Authority will be classified as Pirate and the Guild operating the vessel will be penalized by severity of contact and damages insued.
    4: The Guilds having their ships armed must continue with regularly planned shipments to Planets within the Outer and Mid Rims.
    5: Whereas the Inner Rim and Core Trade routes are still protect by the Military, Any Guild freighters Armed under this Act that tranverse these trade routes must have their Weapons systems Deactivated, or within standards as is under current law.
    6: When a trade route or sector is declared secured and regularly patrolled by the Military current laws become reinstated, and will be classified under Provision 5
    7: The Guilds may not use this Act to extort any type of protections fees or taxes upon planets to which they must deliver or heavily inflate prices above Galactic Market prices, if a Guild is found guilty they will be heavily fined and temporarily stripped of licenses to operate.

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  13. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    1. Viscretus of Naboo
    2. Sinrebirth of Relus
    3. Sistros of Anaxes
    4. TEE of Corellia
    6. Tommon of Kamino
    8. Skywalker of Abydos
    9. Aalagar of Muunilinst
    10. JediGunship of Ryloth
    11. prj1 of Serenno

Aspects:

Triumvirates Disapproval: 40
    Your Homeworld?s Disapproval: 30
    Your Corruption: 30

14. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010

I second this

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Seconded by Sistros

Whereas the Military is in no shape to protect vital trade routes from pirates and other disrupting factors. The Government will allow the Commerce and Mining Guilds to arm their freighters until the Military can step in to protect the trade routes thru the Mid and Outer Rims.
    Provisions:
    2: Any Guild Vessels that are armed are still subject to inspections by Local and Galactic Governments.
    3: Any Vessel that is running for a Guild and has been armed under this Act and refuses Inspection by Authorized Governmentmental Authority will be classified as Pirate and the Guild operating the vessel will be penalized by severity of contact and damages insued.
    4: The Guilds having their ships armed must continue with regularly planned shipments to Planets within the Outer and Mid Rims.
    5: Whereas the Inner Rim and Core Trade routes are still protect by the Military, Any Guild freighters Armed under this Act that tranverse these trade routes must have their Weapons systems Deactivated, or within standards as is under current law.
    6: When a trade route or sector is declared secured and regularly patrolled by the Military current laws become reinstated, and will be classified under Provision 5
    7: The Guilds may not use this Act to extort any type of protections fees or taxes upon planets to which they must deliver or heavily inflate prices above Galactic Market prices, if a Guild is found guilty they will be heavily fined and temporarily stripped of licenses to operate.

This Motion is Open for 48 hours:

For:
    Sinrebirth of Relus

Against:

JEDIGUNSHIP; Sistros; aalagartassel; thomasmontgomery; Bardan_Jusik; Admiral_Volshe; prj1; JEDI_TEEGIRLOO; Darth_Venomis ; Skywalker_T-65

Vote please!

16. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Abydos supports this motion.

17. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Naboo approves and supports of the proposed motion.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Mandalore has concerns regarding sections 5 and 6 of this bill. We believe that it is the right of any ship to arm itself in any manner its owner sees fit. So while we see this bill as a good start we believe it does not go far enough. Thus we vote No.

Seconded by Sistros

Provisions:

This Motion is Open for 48 hours:

For:
    Sinrebirth of Relus
    Admiral_Volshe of Naboo
    Skywalker_T-65

Against:
    Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore

[​IMG]

19. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Seconded by Sistros

Provisions:

For:
    Sinrebirth of Relus
    Skywalker of Abydos
    Viscretus of Naboo
    prj1 of Serenno

Against:

20. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    Seconded by Sistros

Provisions:

For:
    Sinrebirth of Relus
    Skywalker of Abydos
    Viscretus of Naboo
    prj1 of Serenno
    Sistros of Anaxes

Against:

21. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Motion: 9:12:12 The Outer Rim Relief Act. The ORRA​
    Submitted by TomMon of Kamino​
    Seconded by Sistros​

Whereas the Military is in no shape to protect vital trade routes from pirates and other disrupting factors. The Government will allow the Commerce and Mining Guilds to arm their freighters until the Military can step in to protect the trade routes thru the Mid and Outer Rims.​
    Provisions:​
    1: The Guilds may arm their vessels with Standard Military grade equipment.​
    2: Any Guild Vessels that are armed are still subject to inspections by Local and Galactic Governments.​
    3: Any Vessel that is running for a Guild and has been armed under this Act and refuses Inspection by Authorized Governmentmental Authority will be classified as Pirate and the Guild operating the vessel will be penalized by severity of contact and damages insued.​
    4: The Guilds having their ships armed must continue with regularly planned shipments to Planets within the Outer and Mid Rims.​
    5: Whereas the Inner Rim and Core Trade routes are still protect by the Military, Any Guild freighters Armed under this Act that tranverse these trade routes must have their Weapons systems Deactivated, or within standards as is under current law.​
    6: When a trade route or sector is declared secured and regularly patrolled by the Military current laws become reinstated, and will be classified under Provision 5​
    7: The Guilds may not use this Act to extort any type of protections fees or taxes upon planets to which they must deliver or heavily inflate prices above Galactic Market prices, if a Guild is found guilty they will be heavily fined and temporarily stripped of licenses to operate.​

For:​
    Sinrebirth of Relus​
    Skywalker of Abydos​
    Viscretus of Naboo​
    prj1 of Serenno​
    Sistros of Anaxes​

Against:​
    Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore​
    Aalagar Of Muunnilist​
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
    No provisions of tax relief for funding, ***sigh*** forces Muunilist to completly object to this action. Muunilist will not fund the arming of transport freightors if it is not duly compensated.​

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Seconded by Sistros​
    Whereas the Military is in no shape to protect vital trade routes from pirates and other disrupting factors. The Government will allow the Commerce and Mining Guilds to arm their freighters until the Military can step in to protect the trade routes thru the Mid and Outer Rims.​
    2: Any Guild Vessels that are armed are still subject to inspections by Local and Galactic Governments.​
    3: Any Vessel that is running for a Guild and has been armed under this Act and refuses Inspection by Authorized Governmentmental Authority will be classified as Pirate and the Guild operating the vessel will be penalized by severity of contact and damages insued.​
    4: The Guilds having their ships armed must continue with regularly planned shipments to Planets within the Outer and Mid Rims.​
    5: Whereas the Inner Rim and Core Trade routes are still protect by the Military, Any Guild freighters Armed under this Act that tranverse these trade routes must have their Weapons systems Deactivated, or within standards as is under current law.​
    6: When a trade route or sector is declared secured and regularly patrolled by the Military current laws become reinstated, and will be classified under Provision 5​
    7: The Guilds may not use this Act to extort any type of protections fees or taxes upon planets to which they must deliver or heavily inflate prices above Galactic Market prices, if a Guild is found guilty they will be heavily fined and temporarily stripped of licenses to operate.​

Sinrebirth of Relus​
    Skywalker of Abydos​
    Viscretus of Naboo​
    prj1 of Serenno​
    Sistros of Anaxes​
    Jedi Gunny of Ryloth​

Aalagar Of Muunnilist​

23. Darth_Vemonis

Darth_Vemonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 10, 2010
    Seconded by Sistros​

Sinrebirth of Relus​
    Skywalker of Abydos​
    Viscretus of Naboo​
    prj1 of Serenno​
    Sistros of Anaxes​
    Jedi Gunny of Ryloth​
    Darth_Vemonis of Coruscant​

Aalagar Of Muunnilist​

OOC: I'm sorry for being out of this thread for a little while, but whenever you guys tag me I don't receive it as you guys mis-spelled my name. It's spelt Darth_Vemonis, not Darth_Venomis.

24. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    well I believe that is settled then :p

48 hours is up

25. Darth Aiser

May 26, 2006
    Yup it has passed. And to explain to Mandalore, This law does not affect current laws and freedoms, it mainly revolves around the fact that, after all there are laws that forbid trade guilds ect.. from arming their vessels with Military grade weapons, this law suspended that 1 temporary, so as the case of individual mandalorians standard laws that has been on the books are still enacted, and this exemption doesn't pertain. As for Muunnilist, The Guilds asked for the freedom to arm their freighters, so we have agreed to let them arm them, not pay for them to, if they wish to arm they may in the above standards but if they don't want to they don't have to but as they have threatened to end needed supply shipments unless granted the freedom, We have upheld our end of the bargin now they must up held theirs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.