The SWC Senate - The Reign of the New Galactic Empire!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Aiser Force Ghost

star 4
    I must object to the comments from the esteemed senator of Abydos, The Core and Inner Rim worlds are protected by the military and not under threats from the pirates who are plundering the Outer Rim worlds, Your world may not be under the same amount of pressure from the issue of pirates but Kamino is, Isolated from any type of military support we need some type of protection. And we are not talking about an arms race we are talking the protection of key worlds that are isolated from any type of military help. Sure we armed the differant Unions and Guilds, but that is for protection of the convoys not planetary defense forces. And I am sure that the Emperor would agree with me in the thought that we don't want the pirates to get their hands on Kaminoan Cloning Technology.
  2. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    Abydos isn't trying to claim otherwise. And we are an Outer Rim world ourselves, and have just as many problems with pirates. But it is simple logic that Core Worlds will have larger fleets. Their navies are part of the NGE's overall Navy, and they can support the larger fleets.

And the esteemed Senator of Kamino is correct that the latest Motion only armed the Unions and Guilds, who will protect their own interests and convoys, not our worlds, or our independent traders. Abydos and the other Outer Rim Worlds need our own fleets for planetary defense duty.

(OOC: Assuming of course that the NGE Navy operates like the GA Navy did. As far as the 'planetary fleets being part of the overall navy' part goes)
  3. aalagartassle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Maybe the esteem Senator of Kamino could be persuaded to have a military base located on his planet? Or propose in the senate that a motion to have defensive fortifications on land, water and air and include sublight shielded speed fighters to protect interests in space. That may not start an arms race
    Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  4. Darth Aiser Force Ghost

star 4
    Kamino would appreciate some kind of military presense for defense, unless this body would legalize cloning for military or defense purposes, if the military can even issue the forces they are stretched as it were. Even if it were legalized, Kamino would not have the ships for space defense.
    Last edited by Darth Aiser, Oct 16, 2012
    Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  5. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    Should the military be unable to supply defense forces, Abydos has large shipyards and are willing to supply vessels to our fellow Outer Rim worlds, provided they can crew the vessels.
  6. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    the senate has just recieved word on an issue that is irrelevent to this disscussion,

under the protests of some senators, Galvus Ghullo has been released without charge under the Trial without Galactic Representation ACT 322 BBY
  7. aalagartassle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    ***Moves to the podium***
    I wish to inform the Senate that a pirate attack has been thwarted near the soverignity of Kamino. As stated in the passed ammedmants the Guild has informed Muunilinst and now Muunilinst passes this information onto the senate, Emperor and speaker about said the attack. They did not hinder the transportation of goods in transit. No effective scouting mission to ascertain the foes base has been made at this time.
    Let the record be noted to the archives
  8. Nadia-Oomia Force Ghost

star 4
    Emperor (Executive)Sinrebirth

Chancellor (Head of the Legislature)
    Sinrebirth

Vice Chancellor
    Bardan_Jusik

Speaker
    Sistros

Senators
    1. Viscretus of Naboo
    2. Sinrebirth of Relus
    3. Sistros of Anaxes
    4. TEE of Corellia
    5. Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore
    6. Tommon of Kamino
    7. cdgodin/Darth_Vemonis of Coruscant
    8. Skywalker of Abydos
    9. Aalagar of Muunilinst
    10. Nadia-Oomia of Csilla
  9. aalagartassle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The senate welcomes the esteemed memeber representing the Chiss peoples. Hopefully with more stability to the above matters, the senate can work at bettering the well beings of the outer and inner core worlds
  10. Nadia-Oomia Force Ghost

star 4
    Triumvirates Disapproval: 50

Homeworld's Disapproval: 30

Corruption: 20

I hope to be an asset to the senate as well as a sufficient delegate to my home planet.
    I thank you for yours and the senate's welcome.
  11. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    Nadia: we don't do the point system anymore :p
  12. Nadia-Oomia Force Ghost

star 4
    Since when did this change? :p

Thank you for letting me know, regardless.
    Last edited by Nadia-Oomia, Nov 15, 2012
  13. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
  14. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    *prods the emperor with a stick*

WAKE UP SENATORS

YOU MUST WAKE UP

sorry :p couldn't resist,

but to business?
  15. Admiral Volshe Chosen One

star 8
    [face_laugh]

Nothing's been happening over with the Rebels or Empire either.

I guess the galaxy has been running smoothly. :p
    Last edited by Admiral_Volshe, Dec 2, 2012
  16. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Righty. I think it's only appropriate that a new Chancellor be picked. Vice Chancellor, Speaker, please tag the relevant Senators and may the nominations begin :)
  17. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
  18. aalagartassle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    aalagartassle.... does this mean that all laws are resinded?

oh I nominate prj1 for Chancellor

And for a smooth transition still think Sistros should be speaker
    Last edited by aalagartassle, Dec 2, 2012
  19. Admiral Volshe Chosen One

star 8
  20. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
  21. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I nominate Aalagartassle for Chancellor,
    Admiral_Volshe for Vice Chancellor,
    and
    second the nomination for Sistros as Speaker of the House, so that there will be a smoothe transition.
    Last edited by Rainbow Knight Star, Dec 13, 2012
  22. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    thank you all for your nominations :)

right well I guess I will need to PM the following:

TM

VEMONIS

SKYWALKER T

gunny

bardan

and

Tee
  23. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    Follwing announcement:

to all senate members:

I suggest a new thread

it is my expressed opinion that brand new threads attract more Players

I would also suggest a kind of link up between the EUC Senate and this one since EUC is vastly more popular than this thread (for trhe simple reason that SWC simply doesn't seem to be a general role play FORUM anymore, even NJT and to some extent AOD is lacking in activity> but more the former)

it concerns me a great deal that it seems within this SWC thread Senators vanish like flies with no warning

opinions on how to spice up the SWC Senate thread are welcome.

Should rules be changed? should severe punishments b handed out to senators who go AWOL etc
    Last edited by Sistros, Jan 14, 2013
  24. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    A new thread might prove beneficial as a way to bring about new interest in the SWC Senate.

I believe that the EUC Senate maintains its popularity because it is not a general role playing device but rather a method in which concerned and active members of the EU community may affect the policies and atmosphere of the EU Community as a whole. The EU Senate helps to serve as an adjunct to the EU Moderators, a hardworking and effective pair to be sure, but they can't be everywhere at all times. This role has been diminished of late due to the well behaved nature of the EU Community (something I am sure the SWC is also blessed with) but it does stand ready to assist the Mods there in any way they deem necessary.

The EU Senate is also a forum in which its members decide upon games, contests and other ideas to bring about more activity to the EU as a whole. An example would be the EU Patron awards which are Senate, not moderator, driven.

Given these differences there is natuarlly a difference in the makeup between the SWC and EUC Senates. In the EUC each thread or fanclub which meets certain criteria are accorded the opportunity to send a Senator to the Senate thread. Thus the Senate is made up of citizens of the EUC rather than Senators which represent various "systems" and "sectors" as here.

In short, the SWC Senate is a game, the EUC Senate is not.

I am unsure as to how/if the SWC Senate should change. Should it be steered more towards what the EUC has? Would this even meet with moderator and community approval? If it is to remain a game, what can be done to make it more fun, to ensure that Senators don't go missing?

[IMG]
    Last edited by Bardan_Jusik, Jan 14, 2013
  25. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm still here, but I have had very limited internet time for a month or so, and was concentrating on things that were active :p

(no offense)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.