main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - The Reign of the New Galactic Empire!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010

It was supposed to say heroes.

2. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Please don't get offended, but I just had to laugh...I did wonder if you had meant "Heroes," JM, but still...."hoes," was too funny! [face_laugh] :p

3. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Yeah, I know. :p

4. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    On a more serious note, I have heard that our trip will begin at the end of this month. My dad said he wants to stay there for at least a month. If I get to a computer during that time, I'll gladly log on to try and chat, but I don't know...

5. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Let us hope that it does not interfer with your bussiness with the Senate.

(Not to mention everywhere else on the board.)

6. Darth Aiser

Darth Aiser Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2006
    Kamino congradulates JM. And stands ready to be of service.

7. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Official Roster

Chief of State: Chancellor JediMaster1511 of Dantooine
    Vice Chief of State: Daft-Vader of Mustafar
    Speaker: JediTeeGirl of Corellia

1. Mister_Master, representing Iridonia, backed by the New Galactic Empire
    2. Sinrebirth, representing Bastion, backed by the Acolytes of Darkness
    3. Bardan_Jusik, representing Mandalore, back by no one.
    4. Darth_Dreadwar, representing Korriban, backed by the Ancient Sith Empire
    5. JEDIGUNSHIP, representing Ryloth, backed by the Jedi Alliance
    6. Darth_Lexis, representing Onderon, backed by the Acolytes of Darkness
    7. JEDI_TEEGILROO, representing Corellia, backed by the Acolytes of Darkness
    8. Jedi_Master1511, representing Dantooine, backed by the Jedi Alliance
    9. RX_Sith, representing Ziost, backed by the Ancient Sith Empire
    10. Daft-Vader, representing Mustafar, backed by the New Galactic Empire
    11. thomasmontgomery, representing Kamino, backed by the Acolytes of Darkness
    12. Padawan4687, representing Shili, backed by the Jedi Alliance
    13. darthsolo1717, representing Roon, backed by nobody, thus far.

8. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    darthsolo is an Ancient Sith rep, I believe; he didn't state it here but I believe he did in the ASE thread. ;)

9. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Just for the sake of clarity, DarthSolo should post he's backing in here, that way it is official.(Since we can't use out of thread stuff in here and vice-versa)

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The system of Bastion would like to request further defenses due to its proximity to the Unknown Regions, at this stage. Additionally, as Dantooine and Iridonia are also rimward systems near the Unknown Regions, these too should be further defended.

Please accept my plea, Senators.

11. Darth_Lexis

Darth_Lexis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2009
    The grand system of Onderon shall send a flotilla consisting of 8 Broadside Cruisers, 4 Gladiator-class Star Destroyers, and 2 Venator-class Star Destoryers to further the defenses of the Bastion system represented by, my fellow Acolyte of Darkness, Sinrebirth

12. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Yes, those Outer Rim planets are important. Dantooine for it's resources as a farming planet, and all three have great and neccessary ties to our Senate. All are important.

Still, if we simply surround those planets with military ships, wouldn't that simply draw attention to the areas? Essentially we would be making them a target, and asking them to attack.

I agree we need to keep those places safe, but how shall we go about doing it? We must be subtle and careful here. The slightest misstep could lead to far reaching consequences that could stretch across the entire galaxy.

Senator from Bastion, Senator from Iridonia...what say you? As well as the rest of the Senate....this is an important matter to be sure.

13. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    With all respect, Chancellor, for who to attack?

We face no credible, unified threat from whatever Sith remnants lurk in the Unknown Regions. I believe there is not much risk placing fleets around these vulnerable worlds, and too much risk in leaving them open for Sith invasion.

Nonetheless, the Chancellor is right; there is no point rushing into things. Senator Sinre, what sort of defenses are you asking?

14. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    It could be the red flag that would unify them into a threat. When one sees a goal, it's easier to obtain then when one sees no destination in sight. If they see us suddenly throwing ships onto the Outer Rim, it would either imply something of importance in those locations...or that we ourselves are plotting an attack, causing them to go on the defensive and attack themselves, even feeling they need to unify against a threat and giving them incentive to attack in what they would interpret as an act of pre-emptive self-defense on their end.

I also think you may be underestimating the threat of the Sith. I think past history should prove they can often be at their most dangerous when we feel they are at their most vulnerable. This is why this issue is extremely important, becasue we just don't know at the moment.

So I ask the same question as the Korriban representative, what sort of defenses are you asking for, Senator Sinre?

15. Darth_Lexis

Darth_Lexis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2009
    The flotilla that we would send is a meager 25% of one of our two system defense fleets. We offered them to the esteemed system of Bastion as a show of our support for one of our brother systems. It is by no means a show of force by any stretch of the imagination. There are expeditionary forces that represent a bigger threat then what we are proposing to send to them.

16. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    It is not an issue of expenadture by re-enforcing this planets. The issue is whether or not such postioning would in fact create a tension that at the moment is not present. Overwhelming or not, if we start sending fleets around then we may give the impression we are up to something. We are not and we know that, but how will they and why would they believe us if we tell them?

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I ask for only a few more patrols, say, half a dozen Star Destroyers and cruisers to each system. Not ridiculous amounts of vessels, but some reinforcement. The reach of the government is always weakest in the Rim. I'd be more than willing to discuss handing war vessels out to Korriban, Kamino or Mustafar, as well, in the future.

We need to re-establish ourselves in the Rim, and ensure nothing befalls our wayward systems. :)

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    There is nothing wrong with "showing the flag" and increasing patrol activity in regions that may be prone to violence. But I must ask, from what other sectors will these additional ships be drawn from? What systems will become more vulnerable so that we can better protect the areas bordering the Unknown Regions? Or will we be funding the construction of new vessels to take up the slack?

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Core hardly needs the protection. It's star systems are so close together that any force can get to one end of the Core to the other in a matter of hours. It'd take days to get a force out to relieve a beleaguered Rim world.

*Senator Sinre sniffed, unimpressed*

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Ah Senator Sinre, so quick to take offense. My questions were not aimed at denying your request, merely an attempt to garner information pertinent to Manda'yaim's interests. If forces are to be diverted from core worlds to better protect the Republic's borders, than perhaps an augmentation of the core's security would be in order through the use of hired Mandalorian Protectors.

Our numbers are few, and we lack large numbers of capital ship but our abilties are more than adequite for patroling the core areas. Surely a Mandalorian presence could defeat any pirate or other rogue activity there. This would allow elements of the Republic's Navy to relocate to...more troubled areas, where their larger vessels may be of more use.

Of course any of the sons and daughters of Mandalor sent to patrol the Core would have to be well paid. And Manda'yaim itself also compensated for the duration of their term.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Paid in what, that is the question.

Revenue does not just lay around, waiting for you.

I imagine your services are quite expensive.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Paid in what you ask? Cold hard cash. [face_money_eyes]

Indeed, our services are quite expensive. But even more expensive would be allowing the Core systems to be susceptible to pirate activity because the forces normally stationed there would be busy out on the Rim.

If forces are to be moved from the Core, something will be needed to replace them. New ship construction could be used, but this would also be expensive as would the training for new crewmembers to man these vessels. The hiring of Mandalorian Protectors would allow for the Core to still be protected. Once this "crisis" has abated, the Core Navies can return and the Protectors dismissed.

These would both be expensive options. If either were adopted than we would be forced to raise taxes throughout the Republic. Or we could simply increase the taxes of only the outlying systems in which the patrol activity would be increased. After all those systems near Unknown Regions are the ones garnering extra protection, should they not pay for it? The alternative is to do nothing and just send away the Core fleets and watch the rise in pirate activity in the Core. Than when the citizens there start clamoring for more protection we can go through this debate again.

23. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    I heartily agree with the esteemed Senator of Bastion; however, I must say Senator Sinre, do not worry about reinforcing the Esstran Sector; Korriban is well defended enough in the Stygian Caldera, and if you recall, we established a fleet and fortress allocated to the Sector a year ago, I believe.

As such, I suggest that we use the New Esstran Army to fortify Bastion. I am more than willing to send several Star Destroyers, and I am sure the Senator of Ziost will be more than willing to provide warships as well.

Senator Sinre, you have my full backing in this.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Your offer is kind, Senator Dreadwar, but one would prefer to rely upon Mandalore for assistance than cause issue.

What would the support be for a motion whereby certain worlds - Iridonia, Dantooine, Bastion - are authorised to hire the Mandalorian army?

25. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Personally, Senator Sinre, I would support the motion but I should think a small fleet from Onderon and a large fleet from the Esstran Sector that does not require pay would be preferable, no?

Forgive me Senator Bardan, but I am always wary when it comes to hiring armies to bolster planets' defenses. It paints a picture of a weak Triumvirate, a Triumvirate that can't help its own planets, forcing vulnerable worlds to utilize cruder methods to defend themselves. If worlds are seen giving a free helping hand, if, say, half of the New Esstran Army was deployed to Iridonia, Dantooine and Bastion, it would not only be more... reliable... and I'm quite certain a larger force than the Mandalorian army alone, it would also paint a positive picture of a strong, unified Triumvirate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.