main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The SWCV Roomies Wanted Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Billy_Dee_Binks, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    With kind permission from Jedi_Dajuan the tradition of Star Wars Celebrations Roomies Wanted threads continues! Five times the charm with CV.

If you are looking in to sharing a hotel room with fans from around the World be it you're interested in getting to know them or you're just trying to keep the room costs down so you can spend more $$$ on SW goodies, this is the thread to post in.;)

Whether you're going by yourself and are still looking for a room or you have a vacant bed due to someone dropping out at the last minute, post it here.

The motto: It doesn't matter how many guests this room is meant for, there's always space for more to sleep in the bathtub or on the floor. :p

2. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I could use a roomie. I'm staying at the Monumental hotel 4 1/2 miles from the convention center. Pretty cheap hotel, but it's rated at 3 1/2 stars. Reviews are pretty good. Booked a double bed room for Wed Aug 11 to Mon Aug 16.

3. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I need a roomie. It'll be difficult because I'm going for 10 nights instead of 4 or 5. I'll be going to Disnewyorld/CV/Harry Potter World/Universal Studios. I found a hotel on the deals page that has a pool and costs $65 a night No internet though. Room has not been purchased yet, but it's still available as of a few days ago. The trip dates would be the 8th-18th, most likely. I live in L.A., so I'll be going out of LAX, but I'm willing to meet someone at Orlando. I wouldn't mind if they were local at all, though! The trip will obviously e very expensive...probably $1300-$1800. I'm willing to pay for the entire hotel room, but they need to buy tickets, airfare, and, meals on their own, although I'll probably be eating with them most of the time (I'll pay for myself). I know it's really expensive, but I really need/want a roomie...because let's face it: who wants to go somewhere for 11 days by themselves? That's no fun.

Feel free to PM me for contact information or anything like that. This is my second celebration after CIV, but it's the first one I'm traveling for.

4. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    If I do get to go, the only way I'll be able to afford it is by rooming with someone/others and splitting the cost.

So I'm thankful for this thread.

5. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    The only way I could afford this would definitely be rooming with people and winning the lottery at this point. I haven't bought rooms or anything like that, though I'm certainly interested to know who else needs roommates.

6. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    I have a room and an extra bed in said room. I'm right at the convention center and I'll be there for 4 nights. But since I am going by myself, I think that having a roomie would be awesome, at least in the cost saving department.

If anyone's interested, I think that they'd pop into this thread here. :)

7. rebel-rebel

rebel-rebel Jedi Master

Jul 30, 2004
    Hi! I'm Tim. I've been hemming and hawing over whether to attend CV since the announcement and I've decided that I cannot miss it. CIV was such a blast! It can be a pretty cheap trip for me as I'm coming from Atlanta, but for me, getting a hotel is the deal-breaker on most travel. If I can hook up with a good room-share situation, I'll be there with bells on! If anyone still has a spot, let me know! (I'd have PMed you all, but my post count is so lo(w) that PMing is not allowed.)

Thanks!

8. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I still am going to run it by a few other people I know, but I may have a spare bed in my room at the Quality Inn Plaza. Seems like it'll be decent and close, but it's also on the cheap side. Very hesitant about unknown people, but just putting it out there as a maybe.

9. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm there from the 10th - 16th staying at the Rosen Plaza RIGHT next to the Convention Center, so it's super close and convenient. I currently have a single room but if I can find a roomie who would be willing to split the cost, I could upgrade it to a double.

Johnny Rose

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Cruel irony I would open such a thread and end up being unable to attend Celebration 5. :_|

I hesitated to buy the ticket half a year ahead like I did with the past two Celebrations due to an uncertain financing, now I'd have the money for the stay and everything around the Celebration, but I simple can't justify paying $1.300 on economy class airfare.

Anyway, I wish everyone a great time and I hope this thread serves its purpose.

11. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Billy Dee.
    Justifying meaning you dont want to spend the money or you cant spend the money?
    Look at this way.. Make it you only vacation for a year or two .I havent been on vacation since 07 and CIV.
    Its only money, you cant take it with you when you die. If you have a job and are stable.. You'll make more. I can throw a lot more at ya if you want me too.

Eric

12. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Well, it's a bit of both.
    I somehow can't justify shelling out that much for a flight, especially after the lowest price jumped more than $250 within a couple of days for no apparent reason. It might not be that much in comparison to the overall costs, but I have trouble getting that bad taste out of my mouth for having to pay more all of a sudden, just because I wanted to play it safe and wait. In other words I spoil myself of the fun. I'm a little weird regarding that.

Also, my apartment is currently under repair (mold problems) and I need to buy some new furniture and pay the costs, otherwise I'll be stuck living at my parents a little longer, and that can lead to uneasy tension after a while. Folks, you love 'em, yet...[face_talk_hand]

On top of that, I work at my parents' graphic-design studio, and there haven't been a lot of jobs lately, given the way the industry changed during the crisis.

So yeah, it's a rather complex situation I'm in.:rolleyes:

Eric, you are making this sooooo tempting again, even though I've written it off in my mind, twice. It would be reckless to take that financial risk when there are other priorities, then again, it's Celebration V. Been three years since the last, will be another three till the next, that's a six year gap if I don't attend this one. [face_hypnotized]

13. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    If you go you would be buying memorys for a lifetime not just a mere plane ticket.

And when you get old and have trouble remembering what happened the day before, then CV would be some of the things you still remember.

[face_mischief]

14. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    I posted this on rebelscum, I have a room with 2 beds at the Wyndham resort 1.5 miles away also you can take the shuttle to and from the show. I check in on Wed.11th and check out on early Mon. morning the 16th. I'm paying $69.00 a nite and asking for $34.00 a nite. So I'm looking for a roommate. You can get a hold of me at cseidelman@aol.com. also I have an extra 4-day badge for sale, just asking for what I paid for it.

15. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I wanted to add I did the room share for C IV and it worked out quite well. I volunteered a lot so we didn't spend a good portion of the time together but we did have some meals together and did some exploring around LA. It allowed both of us to stay in a nice hotel with a large, lovely room on club level. I think the main thing you need to consider is what type rooming situation you want. If you want to party all night long you sure don't want to room with someone who hopes to be in bed by 11pm. Make sure you ask questions, voice your expectations, and take the plunge. If you end up with someone who won't be your best friend for life just keep in mind it's only for a few days. Just keep reminding yourself of all the toys, t-shirts, drinks, souvenirs you can buy with the money saved.

16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    The Force must be with me as I got a cheaper flight to Orlando! Which means, I'll be attending after all![face_dancing]

I know this is pretty last minute, with only 29 days to go, but does anyone have room for another roomie?

I'm 23, non-smoker, pro PT, and looking for talkative people to possible hang out with off-convention from time to time.:D
    PM me!

17. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Billy Dee, Thats awesome man! Very happy for you!!

18. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Bumping thread to keep it fresh for those still needing a roommate.

19. Epsilon_Jedi

Epsilon_Jedi Jedi Knight

Nov 3, 2004
    Binks-- It just so happens me and my buddy are looking for a roommate to help cut costs a little. We will be there 3 nights (Thursday-Sunday). The cost would be around $78 total if you wish to stay with us so if you are interested send me a PM.

20. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Thanks for bumping the thread, echo-3!

It does seem like there is a lot less buzz going on in this thread compared to the previous two celebrations.
    I wonder if this is any indication of a decline in people attending this time?

21. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I am (now) definitely going! Friday and Saturday night only.

I'm as low maintenance as it gets, to the point of not needing a bed if someone with an already full room really wants to help slash hotel costs.

Would prefer someone I know from the boards but that's not a requirement. PM me if interested.

22. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Re-posting my need for a roommate. I'll be there from the 10th - 16th. I have a two-bed room at the Rosen Plaza which is within walking distance to the convention center. Cost is $109 per night, so if someone can put just $50 per night, I'd be happy to share a room.

23. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    I believe I have an opening Sunday night (I know, awkward) but if we meet up during the event and you pass my roomie's inspection, you might be able to join us for other nights (lawl.)

Mostly though I would love to meet up with enthusiastic people as anyone who has ever been to a con can tell you, THAT's what makes or breaks a con experience. :B

24. FLjedi3

FLjedi3 Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2010
    I just found out I'll be going to CV. I'm semi-local meaning I live about 2 hours away from the OCCC. This is my first convention although I know the area very, very well. Would love to be able to stay closer so I don't miss out on all the fun. If anyone has a bed to spare or even a spot of the floor, please PM me. I don't have a lot of $$ at the moment but would really like to avoid driving 4 hours every day.

I know I'm new to the forums but I promise I'm safe, clean, and won't take up much room! :)

Thanks for your consideration!

25. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    Okay, I have a low post count, so I can't pm anyone, but I still have a bed/space avalible, and I'm at the Rosen Centre hotel, which is like right by the COnvention center (Just like the Rosen Plaza). I have the room at about 109 a night, and $50 would be helpful. :) I'll be there from the 11th-15th (I'm checking out late on sunday) Let me know. :)

But I can still get Pm's :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.