main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Sweetest Thing - Last 2 Posts of Chapter 14, and yes, it's over...for now ;)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Apr 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    So sad...yet also so sweet. Padmé's with the man she loves once more...

2. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Yes, Padme's with Obi-Wan [face_love] Oooh, I have exciting news. My Jag and Jaina fanfiction archive has moved to a new host, far, far, fary away from brinkster.com

As You Wish Goddess and it finally has a decent splash page too.

~aeryn

3. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    I agree jedishelleyskywalker but who is her love?

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Chapter 13, Post 1

Han leaned impatiently against the side on the hallway as he waited for his brother-in-law to answer. He started to tap his fingers on the wall and rub his chin; he couldn?t understand how things had changed so quickly. Somehow Leia had blocked out the memory of mother?s death and her illness, only remembering her reunion with her the first couple months after she arrived. Han grunted as Luke finally answered the door.

He stormed into the room, passing Mara and Ben as he went straight to their bedroom. He?d hoped Leia hadn?t gone straight to Padmé?s apartment and maybe stopped by her brother?s first, but she wasn?t there.

?Han, what?s wrong? Where?s Leia?? Luke asked.

Han turned to him, ?She?s gone, kid,? Luke glanced at Mara, but she only shrugged, not understanding what he was saying. ?I mean, she?s lost it. Somehow, Leia?s put herself in this little world where her mother is still alive, and her death didn?t even happen,?

?Regression?? Luke questioned and sat down, ?Does Jaina know about this??

?No, I went to see if she was ready to leave. The dress I laid out for her was still on our bed and she was brushing her hair?.but the way she talked Luke, it scares me. I realize she was never actually raised by the woman but this beyond denial,? Han explained, ?I don?t know what to do, kid,?

Mara positioned Ben on her other arm, ?Han, Leia?s lost a lot in this war. She lost both her sons and now her mother??

Han grumbled, ?I couldn?t stop any of it. I don?t think what she?s going through is something temporary. What if she?s like this for a long time??

?Where is Leia now?? Luke asked.

?She said she was going to see her mother, at her apartment but there?s nothing there. Just boxes of her stuff and unpacked things, we haven?t even gone through yet,?

Luke nodded, grabbed his cloak, ?Mara, take Han and Ben ahead. Jag and Jaina, I think are already there. Whatever happens, don?t tell them anything about Leia?s condition. Or anyone else for that matter,? he turned and looked at his brother-in-law, ?I can?t promise anything, Han??

?I know kid, I know,? he whispered.

~~

Cherith breathed slowly as she focused all her energy into the red punching bag. She was almost alone in the gym, if not for a few Jedi that were meditating. Somehow, Cherith never really caught onto how relaxing meditating could be or how it helped one be with the Force; she preferred other ways to calm herself. Some of those other ways included dragging out a punching bag and beating it until there wasn?t anything else to beat.

It wasn't just her grandmother?s death she was venting, it was everything. In a few short months, she would be a big sister; her best friends made it their personal mission to make sure she had a love life when she didn?t even want them to know she already had one, and, also the fact that everyone expected her to accept everything the way things are! She didn?t want to have baby brothers; her grandmother was gone and there wasn?t anything she could there to bring her back.

Cherith stopped hitting the bag momentarily, holding it until it stopped swinging. Above everything else, she didn?t want to attend her great grandmother?s funeral. It wasn?t that she didn?t care; she did care, a lot. It was?

It was about the first time she met Padmé, how she almost killed her because she wasn't expecting to see her. It was about the small lunches they would have together, and Cherith would talk to her about things, private things. She had become her conscious and now, it was back to listening to her own advice instead from someone else. She didn?t know anything about making choices, figuring the bad choices from the good ones.

She stood there, staring back at the punching bag. Her reverie had broken her want to pummel the thing and she walked away, sitting instead on the mat. She rolled her shoulders, breathing slowly as she tried to meditate. Cherith tried to remember what her Uncle Luke told her about meditation but she still felt wired. She felt like screaming; noth

5. Lady_WinterCelchu

Dec 23, 2003
    Awwwwwwwww how touching that was lovely.
    And wow i love your as you wish goddess site, Ive been following it from the brinkster days

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Unfortunately, brinkster isn't that great anymore. A couple days ago, the site had this whole corporate look and I just had so many issues with them. I'm very happy about the new splash page and the over all new look of the site.

~aeryn

7. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
  8. Lady_WinterCelchu

Dec 23, 2003
    I like the new site

9. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Great Postie! that was sweet!

10. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    That was sweet.

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    A/N: Dun, dun, dun...The unthinkable happens, and I'm not talking about Padme's death!!!

Chapter 13, Post 2

Syal Antilles scowled as she stood staring at herself in the mirror. Unlike her little sister, she hated dresses. Behind her, Myri danced around the room, oblivious to her sister?s bad attitude. Why did she even have to wear a dress? Dresses were stupid and it wasn't even a pretty dress?The minute that thought entered her mind she was being too picky about the dress she despised so much, Syal did the one thing she could think of to resolve the situation.

?Daaadddy!!!? Syal yelled.

Myri stopped dancing and quickly rushed to the bed, sitting obediently, hands folded in her lap.

Wedge rushed into the room a minute later, his collar still not fixed. ?What is it? What?s the problem??

Syal crossed her arms defiantly, her eye narrowed, ?Why do I have to wear a dress? Daddy, I hate dresses! This isn't a party we?re attending, so why do I have to wear a dress??

Wedge moaned and slapped his face, ?Syal, sweetheart, I?m not going to argue with you about this. It?s only one day and a couple hours,? he said and sighed, ?I promise, I?ll take you girls out for ice cream later after the service. Is that okay??

Even though she was only eight years old, Syal was very mature for her age, outsmarting her at her own game. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. ?You?re bribing me,? she said firmly, ?Bribery works,?

He smiled, thankful he was still able to bribe his eldest daughter, using her weakness against her. Wedge started to fix his collar again as he left the room. As he walked down the hall, he heard voices in the main room. Iella was there, talking to two other people.

?Excuse me, darling,? she said, ?Wedge, where are you? Aren't you going to greet your niece??

Wedge smiled and then frowned, walking calmly into the living room. He expected to see Jag and Jaina but it was his other niece. ?Hello Cherith, Valin. Um Cherith, where?s your parents??

Cherith shrugged, ?Mom and dad are already at the service,? she said and looked at Valin, ?We just wanted to stop by, I wanted to stop by and see my cousins.?

?Syal?s a bit fussy about her dress but I was able to bribe her?? he said, receiving a glare from his wife, ?I can?t help it if she hates wearing dresses.?

Iella rolled her eyes, glancing at the wall chrono, ?Wedge, we better leave now before the everything starts. Girls!?

Myri ran out first, followed by a much calmer Syal, walking gracefully to the door. She stopped short though as she noticed Cherith and flung her arms around the girls? legs. ?It?s nice to see you too Myri but I need my legs,?

The girl nodded and then moved back, twirling and showing off her dress, ?How do I look cousin Cherith??

?Beautiful,? she said, ?Syal, you look nice too,? Cherith bent down to her level, ?To be honest, I don?t like dresses that much either. Whatever your dad is planning on later, do you think we can tag along??

?Oooh, can Cherith and Valin buy ice cream with us, daddy!? Syal cried, ?Palezzee, daddy?!?

Wedge nodded and then moved aside as everyone left the apartment. Valin nudged Cherith, placing his arm around her shoulder, ?That was really nice of you,?

?What was nice of me?? she questioned.

?Telling Syal she looked nice,? Valin said, ?I figured the whole not like dresses things came from your mom,?

Cherith shrugged, ?I don?t see the point in dressing up for a highly depressing occasion --- I mean, wearing something like a dress or something. I?m not a fashion queen, my friend and I don?t claim to be but dresses are overrated,?

?Well, that definitely makes you Solo, a Fel,? he joked and Cherith pushed him playfully as Wedge and Iella exchanged glances, watching them.

~~

Han fidgeted and tapped his foot as he waited for Luke to return with Leia. Mara stood off to the side, greeting everyone as they arrived in the hall. She turned, noted Han?s nervousness and walked over to her brother-in-law. ?Han, whatever is happening to Leia, I know

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up!

~aeryn

13. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Ahhh! OH no :( NO WAY...

::crickets chirping in backround::

defintily didn't expect that one...

sorry I haven't replied in a while Aeryn. I could have sworn I replied to the last chapter...but my review must have walekd away from me again 8-}

well done

Ej

14. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AERYN !!!!!!!!! U CAN NOTTTT DO THAT!//// they belong to gether!

15. Vorquellyn

Jan 18, 2003
    No! Cherith and Valin belong together.

True being at a funeral after you're dead would be weird.

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Oh, the nostalgia of posting the last chapter :_| It's really sad. :_| :_|

I am planning on a sequel, this one will be called "The Kids Are Okay," feature more Valin/cherith, the birth of cherith's brothers, and Kyp and Sera's wedding and more twists, too!!!

Chapter 14, Post 1

Syal Antilles rolled her eyes as Myri went on and on about her favorite ice cream, favorite toppings, favorite sauce?She looked pleadingly at her mom but she only smiled. Finally, Wedge scooped up Myri and lifted her over his shoulders and set her legs around his neck, placing her out of reach from her older sister.

?Aren?t Cherith and Valin supposed to be joining us?? Syal asked her mother as they walked to the ice cream parlor.

Cherith and Valin had left the service by themselves but now Iella had this uneasy feeling something terrible had happened. She looked at Wedge, and he nodded, understanding her feelings. ?You girls go on inside and pick out what you want,? he said, kneeling to the ground and letting Myri down.

Myri didn?t wait for Syal as she ran inside the ice cream place and Syal looked at both her parents. She knew something had happened but shrugged and followed her sister inside. Iella smiled, leaned up and kissed his cheek before walking back down the street.

~~

//Boys are stupid//, Cherith decided as she sat alone in her room. She thought she understood Valin but as it turned out, she didn?t know him at all. Cherith didn?t understand why this was happening; they didn?t do or say anything wrong so why was she sitting alone in her room with a broken heart?

~~

Valin grudgingly moved into the empty booth, wanting nothing more than to be alone. He decided he was either really stupid or just made the biggest mistake of his life, or if it was possible, both. Cherith honestly cared about him and even though they were both young, they both knew the bond they shared was much more than friendship.

His parents would argue that he?s too young to be in love with a girl but if Valin were honest with himself, he?d know that he?d fallen hard for his best friend a long time ago. He barely knew Cherith when he met her for the first time in the gym but they became quick friends, she was the first girl he?d kissed, the first girl he was ever serious about and he knew, as long as he lived, she would be his only girl.

So why in the seven hells of Corellia did he break her heart?

~~

Jaina Solo-Fel nearly collapsed, sensing her daughter?s sad and confused emotions. She knew Padmé?s death had affected Cherith but she felt there was something else that happened to make her feel this way. She turned to Jag, whom was talking her uncle Luke and the both of them stared back at her. ?Something?s happened, Cherith?s sad,?

?She did leave early but I think that was just to get away from the funeral, she was really close to Padme,? Jag explained and nodded, ?She left with Valin, he hurt her??

?Jag, calm down before you start looking for him,? Jaina cried, ?Stay here! I?ll talk to Cherith??

Luke shrugged, glancing at Jag. Clearly, he wanted to be the one to talk to his daughter but Jaina had taken charge of the situation. ?Jag, I know you want to talk to Cherith but I don?t think she?d want to hear you bashing Valin in front of her when she?s hurt like this,? she said.

?No one hurts my daughter, Jaina and he hurt her?but you?re right, you should go,?

~~

Jaina walked calmly down the hall, rehearsing what she should say to Cherith once she came to the apartment, she slammed into Kyp Durron and fell backwards onto the floor. Kyp laughed, and then knelt down, helping her up from the floor. ?Sorry Goddess,? he mumbled, ?Where you going in a hurry? Where?s Jag??

?Still at the service,? she said, ?There?s a family emergency I need to attend too,?

?Other than your own grandmother?s funeral?? Kyp questioned. Jaina only rolled her eyes, annoyed he?d question her. ?I?m sorry Goddess?I was just curious,?

Jaina uncrossed her arms and pulled him to the side of th

17. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    cute Kyp/Jaina interaction :) nice post.

EJ

18. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    Great Job! sad to know this is coming to an end/// But glad about the sequel

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    It's still so sad to post the last chapter :_| But's not over quite yet. 14 is a looong chapter :D

~aeryn

20. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
  21. Vorquellyn

Jan 18, 2003
    Poor Jaina. She goes for some bonding and her daughter just stumbles into her on the way out.

I like Valin and Cherith.

22. Jedi_Whispers

Jedi_Whispers Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    Run Cherith, go get that man of yours! Poor Jaina, just when she goes to do that mother/daughter talk, she gets run away from. Perhaps now isn't the best time for that talk anyway, hormones and all. Can't wait for the sequel!

~*Whisper*~

23. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    It isn't finished yet. I still have more to post. 14 is a loong chapter :D

~aeryn

24. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Just a reminder, I am working on a sequel. I mean, we haven't even gotten to Kyp and Sera's wedding, and the birth of Cherith's brothers, and there's just so much more to come and those twists I love so much too!

But it was a joy to work on this fic. I really loved it, and I'm glad you call loved it too.

Now [dramatic drum roll] the final last two posts of Chapter 14!!!

Chapter 14, Post 2

"Valin, you made it!" Myri cried as he walked into the diner, Wedge looked up from his place sitting beside Syal and frowned. Cherith wasn't with him, Syal noticed too but didn't say anything, enjoying her chocolate sundae. He smiled forcefully, walking to the table and sitting beside Myri. "What do you want, Valin?" she asked, putting the menu in front of him, "No specials today but pretty much everything is good,"

Valin smiled, "I'm really not that hungry, actually,"

Wedge called over a waitress and a pretty girl came over with a pen and paper, ready to take orders. She smiled at the girls, especially ay Myri who had strawberry sauce all over her lips, an obvious sign she was enjoying her sundae. "What would you like kid?"

"Uh, blue milk, if you have some, please," he said. The girl jotted down the name, and for a minute, she looked confused. Apparently, she'd never heard of blue milk before. "If you don't have any, jawa juice is fine," The confused look on her face vanished and she walked back to the counter.

"You left in a hurry with Cherith...Did she have an appointment to attend to? Kyp attended the funeral, so I know all plans for training were probably cancelled," Wedge said.

Valin shrugged, playing with an opened straw covering, "Cherith felt uncomfortable being there. It was really morbid for her,"

Wedge nodded, "That's understandable...So, you dropped her off at the apartment?"

"Yeah,"

Myri broke into the conversation, "That's too bad. These sundaes are really good, she's missing a lot,"

Valin stopped fiddling with the straw covering and smiled, "Yeah, she is missing a lot," Wedge smiled, feeling his smile and concern for her was sincerely genuine. "You know Cherith, she likes to be in the gym to clear her mind when she doesn't want to think; she's always like that,"

"That's the Solo side," Valin added and smiled, "The Fel side keep their emotions inside where they're safe and won't be hurt,"

"I guess she has the best of both," Wedge agreed,

"Honestly though, so much has been going on lately in her life, she needs to breathe,"

Wedge shrugged, "That's true but at the same time, you can't force anything else on her. She needs to breathe Valin, not be secluded from the ones she loves,"

Valin leaned back in the booth and frowned, sensing the tone and meaning in his voice, "She's not alone, she still has her parents and her family,"

"They'll always be there for her but the one she loves, the person she really cares about --- if he really cared about her, he wouldn't leave her during a time she really needs him the most," Wedge said and then glanced at Myri and Syal. They'd just finished eating their sundaes and were wiping their hands. He moved out of the booth, as Myri jumped down and Syal followed her. Syal took her sister's hand, escorting her to the bathroom. Wedge watched them together for a moment and then slid back into the booth. "I'm sorry Valin, I don't mean to be this way but Cherith is my niece. And I know, the two of you have had this really strong bond since you first met and you really care about her but I don't understand ---"

"Why I would leave her?" Valin finished, "Because we're too young, because we can't admit how we feel about each other. If I tell Cherith I love her, and she tells me the same thing, it'll be too much for both of us. I'm only 17 years old, she's 15 -- we're both too young for this,"

"You don't believe love can exist this early in life?"

Valin nodded, "I do, absolutely I believe it does. But my dad and Cherith's father would say otherwise, I think,"

Wedge shrugged, "I don't know about that. Jag met

25. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    ::resounding applause::

Oh very well done indeed Aeryn! The next part is going to be great, as was this!

EJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.