main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY The SWNYC Moan and Complain Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ObiWill, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    sam, if you're going to post on this thread on behalf of the current, active swnyc staff... you shouldn't be posting on this thread. i believe this has been clarified already.

Its a gentlemans agreement. I dont HAVE to do something just because my name was written there. And please, do not EVER tell me what to do

and i was already told by another staff member i could post whatever i wanted here. so, i did. Dont like what you read, dont read it and leave. Im sure quite a few people wouldnt mind.

Anyone else having anything to say to me, please do so to me in person. Thanks.

2. VLAmidala

VLAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2001
    Dont like what you read, dont read it and leave. Im sure quite a few people wouldnt mind.

excuse me?

3. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    OK..it's clear that many people members, non members and staff alike want the staff to post our feedback here as well so that is what we shall do. I ask the staff not to respond to name calling and insults. Nor too pay mind to insulting "code names" that are given to us by others when they chat among themselves. Those who are guilty of this childish behavior know who they are.

Staff should only answer questions and make corrections when people have the facts wrong, as in the case with KITFISTOROX. We cannot tolerate it when people like KFR post bold faced lies. So let me clear it up.

"SWNYC has taken credit for/claimed ownership of many recent New York City events, from this board to the NY line to even the MoM exhibit! It is my understanding that in truth, SWNYC came to the line organizers and *begged* to be a part of the line that my own brother was a founding member of!"

We begged NO ONE! When we held a meeting we contacted the staff of NYline and the ECG to try to all work TOGETHER as the three groups of organized fandom in NYC. To say we begged for anything is a lie. SWNYC helped where we could to plan things for the line. We acted as a sponsor getting the word out and buying prizes for various line events. Alan spent a good deal of money securing prizes at C2 for line events. With less than 5 weeks to opening night, when The Line had no commitment from the Ziegfeld because they needed to get permission from FOX, and FOX was giving The Lines the run around, saying they needed to hear from Lucasfilm, and Suzanne posted that she did not have any contact info for LF, I happily provided a direct link to LF, who got the ball rolling rather quickly. Let's not forget, My husband stood in the rain on mother's day at Michelle's request because he was asked to provide security while she collected money and gave out tickets. He was not even an official line participant!

"And being responsible for the MoM exhibit? What the heck!? They were planning to bring that to New York for years! I'm surprised SWNYC doesn't take credit for AOTC showing at the Ziegfeld! "

We never took credit for BRINGING the MOTM to NY. We were contacted by the museum and invited to help them plan the exhibit from a fan's Point of view. We were also relied on by them to do the majority of advertising. To that end, we got them mentioned on 2 radio stations and 2 news programs for free. One advertisement on a national radio program was read by Michael Sheard (Admiral Ozzel) Again..FREE. We had an $800.00 space at The National Con, and 2 $300.00 dollar spaces at Big Apple Con given to them to use for free for promotion, We advertised on our site and got them mentioned on the Sci Fi channels website. I think we deserve a little credit for arranging the thousands of dollars of free advertising for them! Apparently, so did the museum because they thanked us several times publically.

And let's not forget SWNYC made it possible to get the line staff in for the early viewing of the exhibit and the press event before.

Please get your facts straight.

4. KitFistoRox

KitFistoRox Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    I do seem to remember something about SWNYC being in charge of special events for the NY line and seriously failing in that regard, and in the end contributing nothing that would have earned their staff badges...

5. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Time out....

sam, if you're going to post on this thread on behalf of the current, active swnyc staff...

Sam DOES NOT speak on my behalf, NOBODY speaks on my behalf. If I have something to say to someone I will say it to them. On that note, I noticed Lauren, in a post of yours in another thread that my "flicking water" annoyed you. For that I apologize, it was never my intention to annoy or bother you in any way. My main target that day was Dana, and I DID intentionally flick water at you ONCE, but I was merely being playful and trying to have some fun. Last I checked you and I were still on good terms and I figured I'd play around with you. Again, if this annoyed you I am sorry for that was not my intention.

Time in.....

6. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Well Said Jay. I only speak on behalf of myself. I was NOT speaking on behalf of the rest of the staff or the council. If i was speaking on behalf of the staff i would have said so.

I do seem to remember something about SWNYC being in charge of special events for the NY line and seriously failing in that regard, and in the end contributing nothing that would have earned their staff badges...

Oh so the fact that some of them spent upwords of 200.00 in their own personal money means nothing? I DO NOT think so. They supplied lots of prizes, and arranged many games that no one was interested in.

7. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    Contributed nothing but
    Was instrumental in providing valuble contact information that is nearly impossible to get to clear the way for there to even BE a line.
    $250.00 in prizes
    Held the Scavenger Hunt
    Held The Weakest Geek Game
    Held a trivia contest
    Held a raffle
    Advertised
    Got other sponsors to contribute prizes

Not much at all.

And Earn our Staff badges? PLEASE! That statement surely is NOT serious! I thought the line was all about raising money for Starlight kids not worrying about who got which color badge. I did not ask to be staff, I never asked for my name on your site or on the business cards. My interest was Having a good time and raising money for kids. You place a little too much value on a title. It's also a crying shame that people obviously didn't have the courage to say this to us personally.

8. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Lets see who can keep the tent up because the weather sucks

That was a fun game. Played it many times. Also, im not even staff, and i donated money to having Byron and Victor go out and find a laundry mat at midnight to go and dry ALL of our blankets and pillows that got wet in a freak rainstorm.

9. bobajames

bobajames Jedi Master star 3

May 6, 2002
    well u know if ppl did make color copies of the badges....that would b bad........

-BJ

10. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    Forgot about the two poles i had MADE at my JOB to extend the tent.

You want the badge back you can have it.

11. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    however, if anyone besides myself is interested in actually making progress, perhaps we can get this thread back on topic?

12. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    "well u know if ppl did make color copies..."

I'd head over to Kinkos right now...but they are closed...Tomorrow maybe...awesome idea :D

13. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    If SWNYC did such a bad job with NYLine, why haven't we recieved any complaint from other NYLine Staff?

If any NYLine staff would like to let us know what we did wrong, please contact either Chris and myself and let us know privately.

14. bobajames

May 6, 2002
    we seem to have a missing post here......

-BJ

15. KitFistoRox

KitFistoRox Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    It was MysterySith's post about events, which read:

Scavenger Hunt
    The Weekend Geek
    Trivial Pursuit Tornament
    Lets see who can keep the tent up because the weather sucks.
    Random prize offered for individual games being played.
    Guess the persona behind the nickname given to them.

Edit: How long before they delete this post, too? :)

16. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Ya'll seriously have some issues...Missing posts? Doesnt get anymore petty then that complaint

17. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    It wound up being redundant, but there it is, enjoy!

18. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    It wound up being redundant, but there it is, enjoy!

Doesnt this group of people hate redundancy too? They complain when redundant stuff is posted...hmmm

19. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    however, if anyone besides myself is interested in actually making progress, perhaps we can get this thread back on topic?

should i even bother quoting this?

20. bobajames

May 6, 2002
    well stay for the fun.....vla...

-BJ

21. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000

should i even bother quoting this?

Go ahead...complain away. It is what some people around here do best.

Glad to see some people are having fun.

22. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    I find it sad that this thread is so popular and the thread where we discuss visiting terminally ill children and throwing a party for them is inactive.

23. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Like i said earlier, i find this thread appauling

24. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    my complaint is that i just saw a jaguar commercial featuring "london calling" by the clash ....ok so maybe it does make me want to buy a jaguar but then i have to complain that i can't afford one.

25. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    my complaint is that i just saw a jaguar commercial featuring "london calling" by the clash ....ok so maybe it does make me want to buy a jaguar but then i have to complain that i can't afford one.

LMAO

:D :D :D :p :)

CJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.