main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY The SWNYC Moan and Complain Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ObiWill, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    ok so maybe it does make me want to buy a jaguar but then i have to complain that i can't afford one.

LMAO! I dont think any of us can..lol

2. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    I got one...It's a model :D

3. KitFistoRox

KitFistoRox Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    Here is the problem: The FanForce chapter of New York City is *not* SWNYC...it is, as it says on the FanForce NorthEast index page, "Star Wars NYC Alliance".

The January edition of the New York Clone documents the formation of this Alliance:
    In anticipation of the premiere and the upcoming line, several local fan groups have joined forces with the NYLine to form The New York Star Wars Alliance. The northeast regional forum of FanForce.Net, the StarWarsNYC fan group, and the Empire City Garrison will be working with the NYLine to help coordinate events and to maintain a link to area fans.

SWNYC is only a part of this Alliance, yet they have complete domination over these boards. Why is this?

4. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Did you not read what Rox said a page back? Go back and read it.

For the Lazy:

Posted by Rox

I'm going to clarify some things, because some of you are seriously not in the know.

1. This is SWNYC's message board. They are the FanForce chapter that represents NYC.

2. Anyone can request something to be edited, not just SWNYC staff. If you have a problem with something do not hesitate to PM me or strawbary.

3. bobajames, I already apoligized. I made a mistake, I am man enough to admit it. 'Nuff said.

4. At any given time I can and will edit a post if I find it offensive,, reguardless if you do.

5. This is the Official New York FanForce chapter board. SWNYC is the chapter we recognize for NYC. If you do not want to be affiliated with SWNYC then you don't need to post here. I hate to be so rude, but if you don't have any intention in joining SWNYC and are here solely to question the staff, why bother.

5. KitFistoRox

May 25, 2002
    Okay, Sam, Rox's post reads:
    This is SWNYC's message board. They are the FanForce chapter that represents NYC.

This is absolutely wrong, as I have just shown. This is not SWNYC's board. This is the New York City chapter of FanForce's board, which is not SWNYC, it is the Star Wars NYC Alliance, of which SWNYC is only part!

6. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    We were recognized by the Fanforce section of TF.N as the Official fanforce chapter for NYC.

In doing so we are given this forum to use.

We INVITED The Line and the ECG to use this forum with us. Since YOU Jon, are not Line Staff, why don't you have the ones that had issue with our involvement post their gripes.

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    This is the last time I will say this so listen up. SWNYC is the FanForce chapter for this forum.

8. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    We agreed to use this board for NYLine and we all agreed it would be benificial and it was. It has a higher visibilty rate than any other message board around as far as Star Wars goes.

9. KitFistoRox

May 25, 2002
    So why does the NorthEast index page say "Star Wars NYC Alliance"?

10. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    KFR, if it offends you, we can change it.

11. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Why should it matter? Are you telling me you have nothing better to do then *Censored* about why it says allaiance?!?!

OMFG

12. KitFistoRox

May 25, 2002
    What offends me is that you are ready to simply change it and make it go away, rather than honor it, without even consulting the other two groups that are part of that Alliance.

13. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    NOW PAY ATTENION!

(To quote Micheal Sheard)

We invited the Line and the ECG to share use of this forum.

Is there anyone who is STILL not understanding this??

It is clear KFR, you just want to keep repeating the same combative questions and not interested in the answer. No matter how many times and ways you ask it it, remains the same.

14. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Sam <3 Rox

15. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I did not say it was going to change. The Bottom line is as Rox has said. This board is for SWNYC and was offered to be used by other groups and it was agreed.

Most line discussion take place at another board anyway. The same board where most of the people that have problems with SWNYC post.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Dont like what you read, dont read it and leave. Im sure quite a few people wouldnt mind.

excuse me?

and then...

Sam DOES NOT speak on my behalf, NOBODY speaks on my behalf.

I would like to clarify this one small point... when a staff-member (even an inactive one who has stepped away for personal reasons) tells a theoretically active member that they should leave and that they [the staffmember] is sure that quite a few people wouldn't mind -- that crosses a line. Unless the staffmember in question is, in fact, speaking for all staffmembers with permission in that case.

I, myself, have gotten that from her in previous PMs (pre-staff) and NO ONE should have to deal with that in a public forum.

Also, to LS, I'm sorry I post more in this thread than the Hospital Visit thread. I actually have questions and comments in this thread -- the Hospital One is pretty self-explanatory. :)

17. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Ya'll read into things to much...

Im gonna continue crushing on Rox now....Just get those colors right and i'll be happy :)

Dp4m, KFR, You all have so much to say on the message board. Come to a meeting to voice your opinions. Speak to me in person with any issues you have with me.

18. bobajames

bobajames Jedi Master star 3

May 6, 2002
    nice job guyz.....this realy takes the cake.......i can't wate to c how the other 2 members or former members of the alliance feels about this.....

19. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    They were invited over to the board for the NYline. The line is over...well for some of us anyway

20. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    James, Can you please repeat that. I could not quite understand it.

Thanks

-MS

21. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    DP4M..
    SWNYC is a voluntary group of staff AND members. None of the staff minds if somone leaves so Sam's post was actually quite true. We especially are not concerned with keeping people who Lie, cheat and steal as members of our club. We are also not interested in people who act like children, Flaming us on other boards and in person to each other when we or our friends are there in "Code" so they can convince themselves we don't KNOW what they mean.

We have done our best to remain civil and in control. But I think Sam has taken enough insults to warrant her reactions. We are staff not doormats.

22. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Complaint: The banner is boring...
    Can we put Taun We in the banner? Please? :)

23. bobajames

bobajames Jedi Master star 3

May 6, 2002
    sorry u can't read *james*....grumpy....

-BJ

Edit: removed personal content.

24. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    i mean if The Clash needs the money why not a reunion tour? and why jaguar? like people who drive new jaguars listen to the clash.

25. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Aww Alan bought me my favorite Care bear... Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Thanks for ruining it for me James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.