The SWTCG "Lost in the Translation" Game

Discussion in 'Games: TCG' started by VongLah, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VongLah Jedi Padawan

I thought this was pretty funny.

Use a translator service like FreeTranslation.Com and translate a card text to another language then translate it back to english. I did the one below 3 times from English to Italian then back to English then to Spanish then back to English, then to German and back to English. The name of the card is Vader's Fury and the original text is:

Pay 6 Force -> Choose one of your Starfighters in the Space arena. Each time that Starfighter attacks this turn, when its attack ends, choose a unit in the Space arena that it can attack but hasn't attacked this turn. The Starfighter attacks that unit. Play only when no unit is attacking.

The converted text from the 3X translation is:

Around 6 powers -> selects to pay an of its Starfighters in the sand of the place. Each time that Starfighter attacks this return if they do not attack selects however can its until of the attack, a unit in the sand of the place of that to attack this return. The Starfighter attacks that unit. In order to play only if unit does not attack.

I figured we should see who can come up with the funniest one. List both the real text and what you came up with and what languages you used.
  2. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, Elite Stormtrooper Squad:

Critical Hit one (This unit one more damage if you roll at least one natural six)
    Accuracy one (add plus one to each of unit's attack dice)

From English to Dutch, thenEnglish to German, and last English to Spanish!

Crtical blows a (this unit another damage if you roll at least a natural one six)
    the certainty a (closes besides an in each attack nearby bucket of Einigkeiten), you
  3. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
  4. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I figured I'd try a new one.

Clone Facility:

Search your deck. You may take a Clone unit card from your deck. Show it to your opponent and put it face-down in your build zone with one build counter on it. Then shuffle your deck. Play only during your build step.

English to French; English to German; then English to Spanish:

Seek its bridge. They can take a card of the unit, with their bridge to the load. To show him its adversary, and that places you mark them opposite built build with the front after under down in its one the zone with the one on. Changing you then its bridge. The play is only during its that step to build.
  5. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I like this game, so I'll do another!

Darth Sideous:

When the battle phase ends, if Sidious is in the Character arena, you gain one Force.

As long as Sidious is in the Character arena, your opponent builds all units face up.

Pay two Force -> Evade three (Prevent up to three damage to Sidious.)

"Welcome home, Lord Tyranus. You have done well."

English to Spanish, then English to Dutch, and finally English to French:

When the blow phase rounds off, when Sidious in the sand of the Sign is, you win a Strength.

Only long when Sidious in the sand of the Sign is, constructs his opponent every face of on unities.

It pays two Strengths -> three Avoid (to three damages to Sidious Prevents.)

"The welcome house, the Tyranus of Gentleman. You have good."
  6. Ketricel Jedi Padawan

Here is what the Tusken Camp actually says:

When the battle phase starts, if this unit is in the Ground arena, remove 1 damage counter from each of your damaged Tuskens.

Here is what it says after translating it from english to spanish to english to dutch to english to german to english to italian to english.

If the phase of the breath begins, if this unity in the sand of the ground, to be, 1 damage becomes against of every Tusken of one of, that Tuskens is, that door damaged outside.
  7. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I am sitting here at work laughing out loud at these and people keep looking over at me thinking I am weird. :) (Well I am, but still.....)

Here goes......

Elan Sleazebaggano
    Coruscant Merchant

As long as Elan is in the Character arena, each of your other Characters gets +20 speed. When the battle phase ends, Elan does 1 damage to each of your other Characters.
    "Wanna Buy Some Death Sticks?"

From English to Portuguese (back to english) then to Dutch (back to english) then to SPanish and finally back to English:

Elan Sleazebaggano
    The Merchant Receives of the contanto of Coruscant

That Enthusiasm in the sand of the Sign is, each an of other Signs its + 20 courses. When the blow phase end, do the Enthusiasm in 1 in the damage in each an of other Signs is.

"Purchase wanna that some stalls of Dies?"
  8. DarthSkullduggery Jedi Padawan

He he

Try this Jive Translator. It get's even funnier.

Target the Senator
    When the battle phase starts, choose one of your opponent's units in any arena. Target the Senator does 4 dice of damage to that unit.

Becomes

When da battle phase starts, choose one o' yo' opponent's units in no arena.
    Target da damn Senata' duz 4 dice o' damage t' dat unit.
  9. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Be careful with the Jive Translator. It adds swear words in and if you post it here, please edit those out.
  10. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    Will do

Vader's Fury
    Pay 6 Force -> Choose one of your opponants starfighters in the space arena. eachtime that Starfighter attacks this turn, when its attack ends choose a unit in the space arena that it can attack but hasnt attacked this turn. The Starfighter attacks that unit. Play only when no unit is attacking.

Jive Translation...

Vada's Fury
    Pay 6 Force -> Choose one o' yo' opponants starfighta's in da space arena.
    aichtime dat Starfighta' jax dis turn, when its jack fat-ladies choose some
    unit in da space arena dat it kin jack but hasnt jacked dis turn. Da
    Starfighta' jax dat unit. Play only when no unit be jackin'.

[image=http://www.wizards.com/swtcg/images/boy/vaders_fury.jpg]
  11. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, I'm attempting something weird here!

Splinter the Republic:

Search your deck. You may take a card from your deck with the same name as one of your units in any arena. Show it to your opponent and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your deck.

English to French, then English to Dutch, then English to Spanish, and last English to Jive!

4 its bridge peeks. Yo' be able some card o' its bridge wit' da similah' name when one o' its units in only sand snatchs. In yo' in adversary t' show an' da hand be installed. Change den its bridge.
  12. SithDooku Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.