Abq The Symphony needs Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers... spt 23 & 24

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Lorithavon, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Scott: as far as where you'll be at during the 1st half we probably won't know until the dress rehearsal or even until Tuesday at Popejoy. You should be getting 2 comp passes for both nights. You don't need a ticket since you won't be sitting in the audience anyway. Use them for Tara. If she has a ticket, she will also have a seat as well - so she should be able to help you get ready during the 1st half and then get to her seat (probably during the intermission - before your big entrance) for the 2nd half. What you will need to do is contact the box office and tell them that:

1) you are Darth - so don't mess around ;)
    2) you are working both nights and need 2 comp passes - one for each night
    3) Whether those passes are going to be mailed or need to be picked up - I'm not sure. Ask them that when you order

:)

Basically they are giving all troopers a free pass. However, since you aren't going to be in the audience in a seat - you don't need that ticket since you are part of the performance. Whoever needs to sit in the audience needs a ticket.
  2. nmfiredawg Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok My little mind comprehends now. Thank you.. Us dark lords of the sith think about destruction to much to comprehend mere mortal thoughts thank you.
  3. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *bows*

Your welcome O Sithly one! Now go force choke some Ewoks or whatever you do for fun.. ;)
  4. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    That is correct, Scott. You CAN be sitting in the audience the first half if you so wish, but you WILL need a seat to sit in and a ticket to get that seat. If you stay back/below stage during the first half, then you don't need to worry about it.
  5. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah! We're on the TFN main page!

=D= [face_dancing]
  6. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    YAY! Who did that?

OH YEAH, ME!

Well, I did get help from a GSA...
  7. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Right on bro, hopefully we make the insider!
  8. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The lady from Bantha Tracks said my tattoos might be in the next issue!!!
  9. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    :D Rock on bro, will you sign my issue.
  10. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'll sign whatever you want.;) If you know what I mean!!
  11. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
  12. Jerahl Jedi Youngling

star 2
    K got my Tix today.. Just wondering from other participating troopers that got their tix.. But did you get the flex passes with your tix or are we going to get them at the concert? Just wondering cause Steve on the phone told me that I would get them with my tix. Any Ideas??
  13. Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I got 2 tickets and 2 Flex Passes....I thought I was supposed to get 4 tickets? :confused:
  14. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    did you order for Yvonne too? They need the name of every trooper that's in the show...
  15. Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey All, nice seeing you tonight. So, what are your thoughts about the show?

Nice meeting you Lor and Dave.....
  16. TK166 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey!
    Well.... looking at us in the mirror as we were doing it thought,
    "I've never seen anything that looks SO WRONG"

After talking to some of us who were there, here are some comments I heard:

Is this a comedy routine? Cuz people ARE going to laugh... or cringe.

Why can't we just stand there at attention with our blasters?

We are taking attention from the ballerina by doing our "moves"

It is out of character, and we even told Patricia upon arriving that our guidelines were to stay in character and not do anything that looked dumb...

What other comments does anyone have? I'd like to compile them and maybe let Patricia know tomorrow that we would rather just stand there and look menacing than look like some kind of performance artists
  17. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I agree that unless it works - we're gonna look silly. Probably even if it does work. Just walking in synch is gonna be hard enough. Although us just standing around might look silly too. :)

I think us pointing blasters at Leia slow mo is ok - at least pointing blasters is something we're all comfortable with.

Well - let's hear it from you all!

If you're uncomfortable doing the hand thingy now's your chance. I can talk with her tomorrow and let her know....

18. Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan

star 4
    WHat's going to happen to the rest of the group as well? It seems that the trooping part of the event is in question....
  19. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    from what we know - and this is totally subject to change - there is a grand entrance of some sort with Vader & his troops. They might want some of us strategically placed around the theater - I don't know.

That's why having us all there on Tuesday I think will be important to give them an idea of what we look like in armor and where to put us etc...

Of course there's still trooping in the lobby maybe during imtermission & afterwards...

20. TK166 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I started a separate thread for this topic since this might generate a lot of feedback...
  21. Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan

star 4
    OK, I can be there.....want me to bring drinks of some sort?
  22. TK166 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Dude, if it's like last night, better bring tequila...
    or absinthe
  23. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    The Symphony will provide us with some water. Don't need any loopy troopers...
  24. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Nothing beats Napoleonic pre-ban absinthe. It's like drinking heaven. $260 a bottle.
  25. cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    hey so question--

we have a rehearsal tonight right? dress right? at popejoy and we need to be there at 6? is that right?

thanks!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.