main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq The Symphony needs Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers... spt 23 & 24

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Lorithavon, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    I'm able to be there both nights. Also I'd like to reserve 4 tickets for friday. Thanks..

2. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I am down for Friday or Saturday night. so everyone gets a shot in the spot light.:cool:

3. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    i posted on the mg boards too--

i can definately do both nights.

oh yeah-- and anyone needing a place to stay from out of town can stay with me-- i have a couch and air matress and stuff.

4. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I'm in for both nights, and I only need one free ticket for one night;

Do you think if some of us give Ryan back our extra free tickets we can 'buy' space for more of us to get in to troop?

Here is the list of armored characters (excluding those who we are pretty sure are not coming):

1. Jess - Sandtrooper
    2. Ken - Stormtrooper
    3. Yvonne - Tie Fighter Pilot
    4. Earl - Scout Trooper
    5. Bob - Scout Trooper
    6. Lor - Stormtrooper
    7. Roman - Tie Fighter Pilot
    8. Wook - Tie Fighter Pilot
    9. Victor - Stormtrooper
    10. Joseph - Sandtrooper
    11. Cindy - Stormtrooper
    12. Jerahl - Stormtrooper
    13. Clem - Clone Trooper
    14. Sean - Stealth Trooper
    15. Vivian - Tie Fighter Pilot
    16. Jason - Stormtrooper

and Hans (Stormtrooper), KC (Stormtrooper), Nate (Stormtrooper) and Everett (Clone Trooper)?

18. colleen - fett
    19. Scott -Vader

5. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    So I will be sitting downstairs until the second part? How long is the concert? How long is the intermission? Things to think of to see when to suit up. Tara and I will be there both nights.

6. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004

Oh yeah, If I can finish I am down for both nights. So close, so close?

7. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    My brother ordered the tickets the other day, so we will be there on the first night. No costumes though.

8. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    You can do it!

9. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I need to know the number of tickets people want to purchase no later than tomorrow morning. Please let me know today if possible!

10. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    My brother purchased $25 tickets already, I don't know how close they are to you guys.

11. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I will be making some phone calls tonight. Hopefully, you can give me a hand, Jess.

I want to pull together numbers of troopers for each night. I want to pull together the number of tickets that need to be purchased. I want to pull together the number of free tickets - if you are trooping and do not plan on needing any free tickets for the show, it would be great if you don't mind passing on your tickets so that others could attend. If you want a Flex-Pass in exchange, that can be arranged. If you don't mind either way, that would be great, too.

12. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Yvonne and I will both donate our tickets from trooping to the group. If there is room for both nights....we will troop. But I really want to make sure everyone gets to troop...so if we are on the same page with this Bob....if there is not enough room for you to troop both nights....will you give up your space for one night to let someone else troop?

13. TK-Aegis

TK-Aegis Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2005
    Assuming I get to troop, I will only need one free ticket for my friend driving me.

Someone else can have the other one!

14. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Bob,
    I'm not trooping or in costume, (hubby is going to come along), but would like 2 tickets at the discount if that's possible for Saturday night.

15. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Aye, sir! We are on the same page. I want to fill up our roster with everyone that wants to troop first, then fill in the gaps with those willing to do both nights.

16. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    It seems like Saturday night is good for a lot of people! :D

That's the problem, right now. We have more troopers available on Saturday than what we can use. So if anyone has a problem doing Friday, let me know ASAP, please.

17. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hey!
    Talked to Joseph tonight, I was also going to do Saturday and give Friday to others who need to troop. I would still like to use my extra tickets to cash in so more people can troop simultaneously instead of just 10 at a time... If all of the 10 approved people gave up one ticket, we could ALL troop both nights (if the symphony will agree)

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, it's not a matter of how many tickets they can give us, it's just a simple matter of manpower. I'll talk to Ryan again about it, but the last time we spoke, it wasn't really about what we could get in return.

There is still plenty of enthusiasm for people to show up in costume, but before the show, during intermission, and after the show, we are still free to be us! It's just that they only WANT about 12 (including Fett and Vader) troopers stationed throughout the performance hall.

edit to clarify

19. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    ok so i'm confused- but alas that is nothing new--

what do i need to do so that everyone can go? and can we go in armor even if we're not on stage? any excuse to wear it really...hang out in the lobby or something?

again sorry that i'm confused...it's my lot in life.:)

20. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yes, the Program Director is encouraging everyone to wear their costumes, regardless if they are used for the show. They want the ambiance, and even if you have armor, but can't be used during their show, we still want to have Mos Alba in costume!

Michelle helped me draw up a list of who has shown interest in working the concerts. If you said you are available for each night, either she or I sent a PM asking your preference if it comes down to a single show so that others can troop, too. However, since many people stated that they can only do Saturday, those people available for both nights may get asked to go on Friday. I hope that's not a problem.

ALSO, please know that the free tickets they were able to provide us are NOT for the troopers - meaning the participants (12 each night) do NOT need tickets - but rather the tickets are for family, friends, etc. NOW, this also does NOT mean that if you work first, that you will get a free ticket. There are also the Flex-Passes. We are trying to make this work for everyone. So that if a trooper has family members attending, they are given preference. If there are multiple tickets needed, you will likely need to buy one.

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Here's what we've drawn up so far. If I missed anyone, my apologies, we'll get it straightened out. For the available slots, we prefer having Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers, since those are the most visually recognizable characters from the Saga.

Friday - 8 slots available
    nmfiredawg - Darth Vader
    fett-bobafett - Boba Fett
    Shaak_Vi - TIE
    Jerahl - Stormtrooper
    Lor - Stormtrooper
    cyndilt76 - Stormtrooper

Saturday - 1 slots available
    nmfiredawg - Darth Vader
    fett-bobafett - Boba Fett
    Shaak_Vi - TIE
    Wook - TIE
    Mrs-Gecko-Fett - TIE
    BrotherHalo - Biker Scout
    Jedimexx - Clone
    Commander_Clem - Clone
    obi-dave-kenobi - Clone
    Bloodclaw65 - Sandtrooper
    Gecko_Fett - Sandtrooper
    TK-Aegis - Stormtrooper
    TK166 - Stormtrooper

Available both nights (haven't gotten clear confirmation on night preference)
    ZUBBZERO77 - Stormtrooper

Jess, you haven't contacted KC and Nate from Farmington, by any chance, have you?

22. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I have sent them PMs last week....no response

23. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    uhh... bob I'm good for both nights...

TK-7883

24. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Updated list.

Gecko, what night are you and Yvonne in for?

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    FYI, it looks like we may have need for more troopers on Friday night.

If you are working both nights, more than likely you should get one free ticket and one flex pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.