main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Table Was Crowded... (L/M, AU) [update 3/22]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DaenaBenjen42, Sep 21, 2008.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Your Luke/Mara are so incredibly CUTE! Squee! Loved Mara's honesty with Leia -- :D And Leia's advice. :)

2. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    Luke & Mara's teasing! [face_love] So cute!

And Roganda...I knew I liked her for a reason. :p

Loved the update!!! =D=

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    loved this update and Mara and Luke teasing each other [face_love]

Luke leaned in close, smiling at her. "Then I promise not to twizzle strands of your hair around a finger of mine, Mara."

Han cleared his throat, breaking the moment, and they both looked at him. "You have an audience."

Luke just rolled his eyes at his brother-in-law. So what if they had an audience... he wanted to tease her some more.

Loved this update and I can't wait for more

4. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Han took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. He knew who Quest had been to her, but assumed the man was dead or something. Apparently not. "It's no wonder that you gave Luke the 'sparring' session of his life, then." Glancing at Luke, his eyebrows went up in question. "You okay?"

"Fine."

Han didn't believe it for an instant.

~*~*~*~*~

Almost as soon as they were through the door of the apartment, Luke suddenly couldn't stop yawning. Han directed him to the couch, where Luke collapsed and immediately began to snore.

[face_laugh] You can't fool Han, Luke, so don't even try. :p
    Great update! =D= Very well done as always and looking forward to more! @};-[:D]

5. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Ha! Luke got his hands full in that lightsaber fight! :p Lovely Leia+Mara moment! And I too want Luke to tease Mara more! ;)

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Raphire: The lightsaber was orange. Han found it funny because he'd never seen an orange lightsaber blade before... Thank you, Raphire. :)

Jade_eyes: Thank you, Jade_eyes. :)

Goddess_At_Heart: Thank you. :)

JediFalcon: More's commin'... soon. Thank you. :)

dancing_star: Yes... heck hath no fury like a woman with a lightsaber having an emotional crisis. And Han had to retrain her from kicking rocks, so he'd know... Thank you, star. :)

kataja: Thank you. :)

7. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    sorry I fell behind :(

but it's always great to come in and find several great new posts!

8. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    RedGold: Thank you. :)

A/N: Um... when I said it, 'soon' was supposed to be a week. Really. Enjoy. :)

~*~*~*~

Mara started to push his hand away, but upon seeing an amused expression on Han Solo's face, stopped. There was something slightly off here, starting with his amusement. "Luke?"

"Yes?"

"Who else knows besides your brother-in-law?" She knew the answer already, but it was a wanted change of conversation.

Luke stared at the back of her head, teasing momentarily forgotten. How did she make the connection that fast? "Leia does... more or less."

Han chuckled softly and Mara glared at him. "Roganda might. She's good at reading people."

Something occurred to her, and she glanced back at Luke. "Did you know she was Force-sensitive?"

"I suspected. Not the same as actually knowing."

Mara nodded slowly, mindful that his hand was still tangled in her hair. As much as she didn't want to admit it out loud, she sort of didn't mind him playing with her hair. She looked down at the datapad, contemplating the information displayed. There was something tickling at her memory again, and she made a few adjustments. Blinking, Mara raised her head and looked directly at Han. "I think I got it."

"That's good." He looked at Luke. "Go back to sleep. We'll deal with going on some kind of raid tomorrow."

"Not tired."

Mara laughed suddenly, startling them both. "Are so. That, or it's me that has to yawn every five minutes."

Han's eyebrows went up as he stared at Luke, who met his gaze evenly. "That Force bond thing of yours is better than a lie detector, it seems."

Luke finally gave up and allowed himself to physically yawn. "I'm fine. How long was I asleep for?"

"Four hours," Mara told him curtly. "You missed the twins being awake."

"Not to mention Ganda wanting to beat the tar out of something when she explained what set her off to Leia." Han shook his head thoughtfully. "I don't envy Janson when Rogue Squadron gets back here to Coruscant."

Luke paused, thinking about that... "And Leia's reaction to it was what?"

Han stared at him again. "Doesn't matter. You sleep, we'll talk later."

"I don't want to sleep, Han." And then, his body betraying him, he yawned again.

Mara held up a hand, forestalling Han from saying a word. This was getting them nowhere. "Does that healing thing of yours work both ways? Could I do it to you?"

"I... don't know."

"Then don't make me find out, Luke. You won't be missing much if you sleep for a couple more hours." She waited for him to relax, and soon he was snoring softly again behind her, his fingers still tangled in her hair.

Han looked at her inquisitively, a smile threatening to blossom on his lips. "How did you...?

"Simple: he hates missing things. Right?"

"Well... yes."

"That's how." Han reserved the right to be amused, if for no other reason than the fact that she made no move to liberate her hair of his hand. "And really, Solo. Go join your wife and embrace the world of the unconscious while you can."

Han shook his head. "Too wired to sleep."

She glanced up at him, realizing suddenly that the kidnapping attempt had probably upset him more than it had Roganda... which, considering the resumption of light snoring going on behind her, was probably saying a lot. "No one is going to break in here and try to steal your children. And even then, they have me and the exhausted Jedi here to contend with."

Han studied them, her leaning against the couch nonchalantly with Luke's fingers still entwined in her hair, and Luke himself, once again out like a light. While he still wasn't completely certain what Mara was capable of, he did know his brother-in-law. Especially when woken up out of a sound sleep by a battle alert. Cranky didn't even begin to cover it. Slowly, Han got up out of the chair and at last allowed himself to give in to the reflex to yawn. "When you're right, you're right."

Mara watched him go, fighting the urge to smirk. Adrenaline worked only so long, after all. She looked down at the datapad in her hands, wondering suddenly if the Solo's had

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    "Oh, you're both up," Han said, smiling smugly. "When you're done flirting, breakfast is ready."

Luke stared at the doorway Han had disappeared back through. "But we aren't."

Impulsively, Mara stepped forward and kissed him soundly on the lips. When she pulled away, she was smiling up at him. "Now we are."

Luke stared at her for twenty seconds before returning the kiss. They stayed like that until Han interrupted them again.

"Any time, you two. Food's gonna get cold."

It was two somewhat sheepish, but nonetheless happy, people who joined Han and Leia for breakfast.

Han's never going to leave Luke alone about this is he [face_love]

Great update and can't wait for more

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A nice loooong update. Full of warmth and gentleness. :D =D=

See, I can savor the subtle kind of mush too ;)

:D

11. Goddess_At_Heart

Mar 20, 2010
    This kinda gets me thinking......[face_thinking] Never mind..... [face_whistling]

LOL! I loved the end of this chapter! Such L/M cuteness. :D

Can't wait for more!

12. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    "That's good." He looked at Luke. "Go back to sleep. We'll deal with going on some kind of raid tomorrow."

"Not tired."

Mara laughed suddenly, startling them both. "Are so. That, or it's me that has to yawn every five minutes."

Luke finally gave up and allowed himself to physically yawn. "I'm fine. How long was I asleep for?"

Han stared at him again. "Doesn't matter. You sleep, we'll talk later."

"I don't want to sleep, Han." And then, his body betraying him, he yawned again.

[face_laugh] [face_love] Awww. Sleepy Luke! I-)

Your characterizations are wonderful=D= - everything always seems so real, flows well and the characters are so utterly "them". Fabulous update and looking forward to more!! [:D]

13. kataja

May 4, 2007
    Great to see an update from you! Lovely, sleepy and mushy feeling here - culminating perfectly into the kiss! [face_love] [:D]

14. Lady_Jedi93

Lady_Jedi93 Jedi Knight star 4

May 11, 2010
    [face_love] L/M [face_love] I'm really enjoying your story and would love to be added to the PM list [face_batting]

15. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    JediFalcon: Ah, it's Han... of course not! Thank you, JediFalcon. (Update, as of today, is in progress.) :)

Jade_eyes: Thank you, Jade_eyes. :)

Goddess_At_Heart: I hope those were good, interesting thoughts... Thank you. :)

dancing_star: Glad you loved Luke and Han (and Mara) concerning his exhaustion. Thank you, Star. :)

kataja: Thank you. :)

Lady_Jedi93: Thank you, and yep... added to PM list. :)

Updated PM List for this story...

Jade_eyes
    dancing_star
    MaraJade4S
    Raphire
    madman007
    JediMike2372
    kataja
    frankieskywalker
    maramijade
    JordanCHFel
    dm1
    whateveritis12
    Wifflesnip
    Darth_Drachonus
    Jedi42
    Jingocat
    Goddess_At_Heart
    Lady_Jedi93

If this list is inaccurate in any fashion, please let me know. Thank you. :)

16. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Ha-Ha! Han really isn't going to let this go is he? He'll probably still be teasing them when their old and wrinkled.

Love it so far! And as always I'm axious for the next post.

17. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Raphire: Not when they're having PDA's in plain sight, no... Thank you, Raphire. :)

A/N: I... took the scenic route to this update. Enjoy. :)

~*~*~*~

Breakfast so far had been a quiet affair filled with small talk, save for Mara sneezing every time she so much as looked at the floral arrangement in the center of the table. About the sixth time it happened, Leia frowned in curiosity. "Mara?"

Mara glanced at her, caught sight of the floral arrangement again, and failed to stifle another sneeze. "Sorry."

"Don't be." She turned to Han and motioned with her hand to take the floral arrangement and put it elsewhere. Han nodded and did just that. "Seems we've found something interesting."

Luke, who kept getting distracted feeling something very odd pricking at him over the bond, hadn't put all the pieces together yet. "What?"

"In a minute, Luke. Look at me again, Mara."

Mara did, and blinked when she didn't have that very unexplainable urge to sneeze again. "Huh?"

"Now turn and look at Han." She felt bad for needing to be sure, but answers was answers, and she didn't get to ask what it was last night that had given Mara a headache.

Mara turned, looked at Han, who was holding the floral arrangement, and sneezed. She whirled back around to stare at Leia with wide eyes. "I had allergies to certain kinds of plants when I was small. Sneezed whenever I went near 'em."

Luke frowned at the floral arrangement as Han set it down on a counter out of Mara's sight. Allergies? No... it didn't feel like allergies to him. "That's not it." And weren't those plastic and hypoallergenic?

Leia nodded. "He's right, Mara. This isn't an allergy. And deep down, you know it."

"Looks more like a conditioned response," Han said as he rejoined them at the table. "Every time you looked at Leia, you sneezed because the floral arrangement was right there."

Mara shook her head. "No, I was fine when I was drawing last night. That can't be it."

"A drawing isn't the same as the real thing," Leia pointed out calmly. "And you were drawing a flower, so there might be some kind of a connection."

Mara considered that information as she pulled the folded piece of flimsy out of her pocket. She didn't unfold it, but simply looked at it. Were they right? And if so... what then? Why would she be sneezing at the mere sight of a floral arrangement? It didn't make any sense! None!

Luke put his hand on her arm, getting her attention. "We'll figure this out."

"I've been allergic since I was six, or... that's when I was diagnosed, at least." She stared at him, unable to shake the feeling that something was wrong about that statement. "Before that... don't remember." Mara shook her head slowly. "And there shouldn't need to be anything to figure out. It's ridiculous."

Leia glanced at Han, and at once felt like apologizing for being difficult before. "Almost as ridiculous as passing out for no apparent reason while orbiting through former explosion sites, hmmm?" At his nearly imperceptible nod of acknowledgement, she knew he'd mostly forgiven her. Mostly.

Luke looked at Leia in confusion. Former... what? "Leia?"

"Endor, Luke," Han explained. "Seems the Emperor wasn't content to just die like everyone else. Leia had an... adventure while waiting for the Noghri."

"So that's why your ship was left at Endor," Mara said, connecting the dots. "That really confused Thrawn, by the way."

Luke studied Leia with the Force, trying to see if anything was wrong with her that way. He didn't feel anything untoward. That was a good sign, right? "And?"

"And nothing," Leia told him seriously. "Other than scaring Chewie and worrying Threepio, I'm fine. I bring it up as an example. Probably a bad example, because now I've worried you."

Mara blinked at Leia, suddenly realizing there was something to that example. Slowly, she turned and looked at the floral arrangement... and couldn't stop herself from sneezing. For just a moment, she saw something else in place of it, and then sneezed again, and the image fled. A hand on her shoulder stopped her before she could

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very intriguing problem there with the sneezing as a conditioned response to plants now - something else before. [face_thinking]

Cam, Roganda, and Lando along for the ride /mission ;) [face_mischief] Makes for continuous banter :) but the couples aboard need to lock the doors if they want privacy [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

I am digressing. [face_dancing]

19. kataja

May 4, 2007
    Very interesting to see Mara this distracted. I really look forward to more pieces of the puzzle ? and I willingly admit I don?t have a clue of what the outcome will be, except that is must have something to do with her life before meeting Palpatine.[face_thinking]

He was somewhat startled when she left him alone at the table without saying another word. For the love of all Wampas on Hoth... was everyone on this mission emotionally disturbed in one way or another?
    Heh, I can just hear Han thinking that![face_laugh]

20. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Wonderful update!! =D= Very nicely done! (as always ;) )Interesting about the plant allergy... [face_thinking]
    Really looking forward to more, hopefully soon? [face_batting]
    [:D]

21. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008

Daena: I haven't replied as I should have, and I'm sorry about that. [face_blush]

This is an excellent work, because the characters aren't perfect - they're flawed, which means they're human (with the obvious exceptions of Chewie and the other non-humans :p). It's always refreshing to get behind the "superhumans'" masks, so to speak, and you handle it very well. =D=

- [face_peace],
    Onderon1

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    great update and can't wait for more :)

23. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I love this story. Luke and Mara are so spot on!

The Mara sneezing-at-flowers is very interesting... very intriguing...

I really love AUs that get certain characters together sooner than what happened in profic.

Well done, am looking forward to more.

PM, please?

Katana@};-

24. Goddess_At_Heart

Mar 20, 2010
    O my gosh! I love it! :) Luke & Mara goodness like always! Weirdo allergy she has going though. o_O

Loving it :)

25. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Jade_eyes: Very intriguing problem there with the sneezing as a conditioned response to plants now - something else before.

We're going through layers with her. Digress all ya want. ;) Thank you, Jade_eyes. :)

kataja: For those who want to remain in the dark, I'll not say what the outcome is... the journey is half the fun, right? (And it so is something Han would say outloud...) Thank you, kataja. :)

dancing_star: Thank you, Star. :)

Onderon1: Onderon!!! [:D] Nope, them are not perfect. Far from it. Thank you, Onderon. :)

JediFalcon: I'm shooting for Wednesday. Thank you, JediFalcon. :)

Katana_Sundancer: PM's? Totally. Thank you, Katana. :)

Goddess_At_Heart: It totally is. Weird, I mean. (However, it's far, far better than what could have been. [face_thinking] ) Thank you. :)

Updated PM list for this story...

Jade_eyes
    dancing_star
    MaraJade4S
    Raphire
    madman007
    JediMike2372
    kataja
    frankieskywalker
    maramijade
    JordanCHFel
    dm1
    whateveritis12
    Wifflesnip
    Darth_Drachonus
    Jedi42
    Jingocat
    Goddess_At_Heart
    Lady_Jedi93
    Katana_Sundancer

Standard PM disclaimer applies: if anyone is on this list and does not want to be, or isn't on it and would like to be, please let me know. Thank you.