main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Table Was Crowded... (L/M, AU) [update 3/22]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DaenaBenjen42, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :eek:
    She destroyed Dantooine? But I liked Dantooine. :(
    (Was that Daala?)

I wish Leia could enjoy the news about being an aunt more, but her brother is missing.

I loved that Mara wants to tell Luke first, so she has the medic tell Leia. LOL!

Great update and I hope they find Luke soon. :)

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Daala's nothing but trouble even in AUs :p

[face_frustrated]

Hope they find Luke soon and I can't wait for his reaction to Mara's news.

:)

3. Clarizabel

Clarizabel Jedi Knight

Apr 2, 2011
    I can not believe I had not read this story before, this is wonderful. If you have one, please add me to the list PM.

4. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    Too tired to really comment on anything but just wanted to say great story so far and I hope they find Luke soon.

5. Tevase2

Tevase2 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    THAT WAS AWESOME, cat wait for more [face_praying]
    please write more soon =D=

6. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Daala! Wow! The factors keep gathering...;)

"This is for you, however."

"What is it?"

"Pregnancy literature. Going twenty or more hours without eating anything isn't something you should do again."

Mara nodded slowly. "I'll keep that in mind
    ."

[face_laugh] Typical Mara oblivousness. She's so checked when it comes to everything else - but she doesn't have a clue about pregnancy. :p

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Hazel: (Was that Daala?)

Yes. And she, unfortunately, has access to a WMD. [face_worried]

And as for finding Luke... :D We're getting there. We are so getting there.

Thank you, Hazel. :)

Jade_eyes: Probably more so this story than usual, about Daala being a nuisance. Thank you, Jade_eyes. :)

Clarizabel: Hi. Yep, there's a PM list. Thank you. :)

PadmeSkywalkerSHM: Thank you. :)

Tevase2: More's commin'. Thank you. :)

kataja: Thank you, kataja. :)

PM list for this story...

Jade_eyes
    dancing_star
    MaraJade4S
    Raphire
    madman007
    JediMike2372
    kataja
    JediFalcon
    frankieskywalker
    maramijade
    JordanCHFel
    dm1
    whateveritis12
    Wifflesnip
    Darth_Drachonus
    Jedi42
    Jingocat
    Goddess_At_Heart
    Lady_Jedi93
    Katana_Sundancer
    EmeraldWings90
    PadmeSkywalkerSHM
    Clarizabel

PM Disclaimer: if anyone is on this list and does not want to be, or isn't on it and would like to be, please let me know. Thank you.

8. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek: no more Dantooine :(

Mara's gonna be mad and on the trail of Quest. He better run since he has Mara's fiance.

More soon :)

9. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    JediFalcon: Yes... Daala shouldn't have blown up Dantooine. Really shouldn't have. And let's see: we've got Dark Star (and kittens), all of Rogue Squadron, Mara, Han&Leia, Roganda... think there will be enough of Quest left to bury? [face_thinking] Thank you, JediFalcon. :)

edit: forgot something...

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    kicks the fic to the top in hopes of a new post[face_whistling]

11. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Oh me, oh my. Very difficult. So no one knows where Luke is, people who suspect are being cryptic as all hell while they wittle down the answers without really telling anyone, and there's a Death Star out there again. Why did they evacuate Coruscant?

12. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    The simple answer for evac of Coruscant: someone out there rounded up what was left of the Imp fleet and there was major action. (However, due to circumstances change, the major action in question was not Operation Shadow Hand. What changed? I'm leaving that for the update. ;) ) And as for that Death Star... it's not another one, but one that already existed.

Update status: aiming for next week, but could be sooner. What was the hold up? DRL.

13. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    A/N: Thank you to Jade_eyes for the beta. [:D] Oh, and Raphire? I used your dare in here. Enjoy. :)

Hours ago...

It was early in the morning on Sacorria and a woman is just sitting down to have her morning cup of tea when a scream shatters the silence of her home. She blinks in confusion and rushes to find out what the source of the sound is, finally finding her son hyperventilating and crying on his bed. She sits down on the edge of the bed, pulls him close, and rocks him. "Shhh, Amos. It's okay. Everything's all right. Shhh. It was just a dream."

"It wasn't!" he sobs into her chest. "It wasn't! No dream! Not a dream, Momma!"

She is still there in her son's bedroom, rocking and comforting him when her husband arrives home from a late/early work shift. Standing in the doorway, he questions her with his eyes, and she shrugs. It is an anomaly, their normally happy son waking up only to be inconsolable, and wordlessly, he joins them on the bed.

What it is or isn't, is not important now. Only their son is.

"Mama? Daddy?" a sleepy voice calls from the doorway.

She turns her head and finds that their three-year-old daughter has joined them, and beckons her to come closer. "Come here, Abiah."

Abiah joins them, her father picking her up and placing her on his lap. "Happened?"

"Amos had a bad dream," she explains.

"It wasn't!" Amos insists again.

Abiah frowns and reaches for his hands. "Mama and Daddy and me will make this all better."

The woman glances at her husband again to find him smiling down at their little girl. Slowly, very slowly, they'll make this right... even if, right now, they had no idea why their son was insisting something bad had happened repeatedly.

~*~*~*~

An hour later, in another house a few blocks away, a woman checks a piece of very large equipment in her basement, smiling as she notes a readout. What it says is good. Very good.

"Rala? You down here?"

She turns to see her husband descending the stairs. "I'll be up in a minute, Whuki."

He glances at the equipment. "How's it coming?"

She rolled her eyes in annoyance. "With any luck, barring anyone else getting displaced, things should be getting back to near-normal soon." She sighed. "I hate this thing."

"You volunteered," he reminds her.

"Smart ass."

"Ah, but I'm your smart ass." He nudges her arm gently. "Come on."

"I just..."

Whuki sighed. "I know, but we're not going to have that discussion again."

She glances at the equipment again, then let him lead her up to the kitchen. "What's for breakfast?"

"It is a surprise."

"It's not something I'll hate, is it?"

His chuckle did little to answer her question.

Now...

At the gust of wind, Luke's head came up and he took immediate notice of his surroundings. It was a spaceport... a very out-of-use appearing spaceport. Without thinking about it, he broke Quest's grip on his shoulder and made a break for it, only to be stopped cold by a wall he didn't see and fall down onto his back, smacking his head rather hard on the duracrete.

"Doesn't work that way," Quest told him wryly, holding a hypodermic infuser so he could see it clearly. "You have two choices: conscious or unconscious. Which will it be?"

Luke blearily stared up at him, wondering why his vision was going dim...

"Or you could just pass out," Quest's smug voice said from the darkness. "That works, too..."

~*~*~*~

On Pinnacle Base, Mara felt a familiar pain radiate towards her, and she put the datapad down to stare at the wall. Then it blossomed into a headache, minor but still... wait. She knew this kind of pain... "Ow."

Leia frowned at her. "Mara?"

"It's nothing." Mara glanced at her, saw the frown, and shook her head. Then she winced and rubbed her temples. "It's not me. It's him. No words..." The rest of Mara's response was swallowed when a wave of screams and emotions and wrongness rolled over them from the Force.

~*~*~*~

It had taken him half an hour to get her to stop hiding in the closet, and Ailee still didn't want to talk about whatever it was that had made her scream and run away, cl

14. Tevase2

Tevase2 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    I was practically bouncing of the walls reading this, and yes, we've all tried to break out of a rebel base XDDD
    Can't wait for more :D

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi there!

Great long! update! Which I love!

Seems like great progress is being made but lands, that was one odd! concussive dream Luke was having - marrying Callista, etc. :p

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] over Ailee's thing with Ewoks ...

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yay, update! [face_dancing]

To the rescue, yes? :D

That was a very weird dream. o_O And who are those kids in the beginning?

17. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I must admit that I missed parts of this - particularly in the start - but just loved how Mara and Luke communicated over distance. The Emperor's back, yes?

And Callista - hmmm... o_O

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Awesome update :D

I hope they find Luke and he has no clue who Mara was? Am I reading that correctly?

More soon

19. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    I was being facetious about a "new" death star - I have read a fair amount of EU. Hello Daala.

Ooh, PM list me too! They're dancing around the information they have is this side of irritating.

20. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    Interesting dream...

Great update. It was nice and long and it had kittens in it!!!!!

21. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    oooh, I totally need to catch up here. Looks like I missed some good stuff. Just what is going on?? I will have to back up a few chaps!! :D

22. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Tevase2: Thank you. :)

Jade_eyes: I would like to point out that it's not unheard of for Luke to hallucinate Callista Masana, as he spent Han and Leia's honeymoon holed up in his room, reading Jedi lore. Thank you, Jade_eyes. [:D]

Hazel: The kids? Ailee's niece and nephew that were a result of this story. And... Yep. A-rescuing we go. :D Thank you, Hazel. :)

kataja: The Emperor's back, yes?

More or less... yes. Thank you, kataja. :)

JediFalcon: No, he had concussion, and once Mara showed up, he was aware of it. More? Will do. Thank you. :)

CurtisZidaneZiraa: Sort of knew you were. ;) And they're done dancing around it now. Thank you. :)

PadmeSkwalkerSHM: Yep, everything is better with kittens. [:D] Thank you.

ginchy: Thank you, ginchy. :)

Raphire's Dare from the 2011 Dare Challenge...

A wedding between Callista and Luke of which Mara travels back in time and crashes.

Kyp and Jaina coming along with Mara and accidently breaking up Han and Leia so that they never marry.

A random appearance of Darth Vader

And a potted plant that eats one of the wedding guests

PM list for this story...

Jade_eyes
    dancing_star
    MaraJade4S
    Raphire
    madman007
    JediMike2372
    kataja
    JediFalcon
    frankieskywalker
    maramijade
    JordanCHFel
    dm1
    whateveritis12
    Wifflesnip
    Darth_Drachonus
    Jedi42
    Jingocat
    Goddess_At_Heart
    Lady_Jedi93
    Katana_Sundancer
    EmeraldWings90
    PadmeSkywalkerSHM
    Clarizabel
    CurtisZidaneZiraa

PM Disclaimer: if anyone is on this list and does not want to be, or isn't on it and would like to be, please let me know. Thank you.

23. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    A/N: Thank you to Jade_eyes for the beta.

Elsewhere...

She'd just set her case on the counter when she spotted the out-of-place relative seated at her kitchen table, writing. "Sue...?"

"Finished your thesis for you," Susan told her without preamble, and setting the pencil down. "Why didn't you tell me that you were trying to explain how aerodynamics in space affect the colors of the Aurora Borealis? That's something I do know a little about, Ranko."

Ranko blinked at her for a moment, shocked to hear that from her sister. "You've had other things on your mind and I wanted to finish it myself."

Susan chuckled. "Ah."

Ranko joined her at the table. "Where's the little one?"

"With mom, getting her check up." At Ranko's frown, Susan sighed. "You'll never know hard it was to walk into that place. Even now."

"I can guess."

Susan tilted her head, evaluating her older sister with her eyes. "You knew I wasn't telling the full story. Back there, on the ship, when I got back from figuring out what the problem actually was. You knew, and didn't call me on it. Why?"

Ranko let silence hang between them for long minutes as she stood up and began to rummage through the cupboards, looking for a pan or two with which to start dinner. Finding what she was looking for, she placed them on the stove. She took a deep breath before turning back to Susan. "You said it solved itself. Did I need to probe further?"

"Not really."

"And so I trusted you. Was that trust misplaced?"

"No."

"Then you know the answer to your question." She paused, then tried unsuccessfully to stifle a chuckle. "And I still owe Tasha big time for neglecting to mention the teenager with the rifle, too."

Susan stared at her, hard. "What?"

"Never send a Time Guardian Healer into a rainstorm and forget to mention firearms. Especially when they're doing you a favor." Ranko shrugged. "Maybe I should introduce her to golf as an apology."

"You hate golf," Susan reminded her after a moment or two.

"After all we've been through, I'll take golf over talking to Lex again, only to have him forget the talk because of magical intervention by a Fairy Empress."

"Still upset about that, huh?"

"More than you'll ever know."

Weeks ago...

Down among the lost
    A woman waits
    Waits
    For the moment
    To arrive

Down among the lost
    no one looked
    or cared
    but she saw
    everything

Down among the lost
    Dancing shadows
    Dancing
    Familiar
    In the alley ways

Down among the lost
    and the homeless
    in the alley ways
    of Nar Shadda,
    she waited

Down among the lost
    Shadows of memory
    Of people long gone
    Dance
    On city streets

Down among the lost
    Time
    Had lost its meaning
    Long before

Down among the lost
    Days
    Turned into weeks
    Weeks
    Turned into months
    Months
    Turned into years
    And the years
    Passed

Down among the lost
    In relative safety
    She watched
    The comings
    And goings
    Waiting...

Down among the lost
    A great disturbance
    Came... and left again
    And her head came up,
    Taking note
    Of others in the alley
    No one else
    Had felt it
    Nor did they show
    Any signs

Down among the lost
    She feels it
    A call familiar
    The call of times past...

Down among the lost
    Familiar feeling
    From unknown source
    Everybody who knew
    How to sound
    That call...
    Dead
    ...right?

Down among the lost
    It will not go ignored
    Not now
    And now here
    It will be answered
    now

Down among the lost
    Can stay no longer
    Going...
    To follow the call
    Where ever it may lead

Down among the lost
    Lost is found
    Memory is honored
    And survival...
    Has been assured

Down among the lost
    trash
    is left behind
    on a city street

That same week...

She stood before a hastily assembled panel of men she'd never had the pleasure of serving with as her second-in-command stated his case, wondering all the while why. It had all the markings of a military tribunal, but that couldn't be it, could it? They were at war. People did things in war!

Then something Kratas said caught her attention and she stared at him. What? There had been an Imperial Base on that planet? That made no sense! "No there wasn't."

Commander Kratas turned to look at her, frowned, tur

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yay!!! They rescued Luke. :D [face_dancing]

I loved Vima, she's so funny.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    woohoo! Nice! update on capturing Quest again :p and! the rescue [face_dancing] and the L/M cuddle at the end -- SQUEEEEE!

Nice uncluttered L/M - Daena - I love it.

[:D]

[:D]