main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Tahiri Veila Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Veng_Commando, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Anakin-Solo

Master-Anakin-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2002
    I agree it sound logical and specially if she was meant to be a vong jedi, but then why give her memories of a shaper to start with, it would've been better to give her memories of a warrior, thus also giving her the "lessons" given to a warrior early in his life, and instead they give her the memories of a shaper, so why not keep going and give her the rest.

After all a shaper knowledge comes not just from its studies but from their empirical experiments, or in other words his memories.

And considering how DR has manage to get things going I do not see it as farfetched, IMO DR should have give Raas Gul memories or any other warrior instead of Nem Yim's memories.

2. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Nen Yim was there, her memories were the easiest to have access to. And obviously they're not separated from birth, because if they were, how would Nen Yim have memories of a warrior friend?

3. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    To be honest that I hadn't thought about and it makes a nice reasoning though, :p however I would like to see Tahiri getting more than just warrior knowledge, as farfetched as it migh seen, maybe some crash courses in shaping

4. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah, I remember things about Nen Yim, like that. She is one of my favourite characters. :rolleyes: And yeah, that would be cool, if they had decided to implant a few 'extra' memories incase she happened to need 'em.

5. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    So where are u guys? :confused:

Has anyone hear anything more of the role of Tahiri in the LOTF?

6. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    *wonders* [face_thinking]

Hmmm...

7. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Oh yeah! I do, I got it the second day it was out! And finished it the third day! :p

She's a minor character sadly :( but she does have an awesome part where she infiltrates a Corellian thing, and then escape in a bright coloured speeder and is a team leader for it. Oh and also interacts with Kell Tainer's son, which is pretty funny. Allston wrote her very well and has her coping with stuff better than the other authors did.

8. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    So I answer people's questions and they just go and ignore it. This one is insulted. :p

9. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    Ooooops, I guess I've been to cought up with the World cup and not visiting the boards that much:p

Yeah Alltom seems to be able to capture her pretty well, however I think the author that has written her the best is Greg Keyes

10. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Alltom?[face_plain]Alltom?o_OAlltom?:mad: You shall die now. :mad:[image=http://planetsmilies.net/violent-smiley-1411.gif] It's Allston, and Allston is probably one of the best Star Wars writers. And you ain't never gonna mess up his name again, y'hear?

I like both of their portrayals of Tahiri, I think Keyes does a better younger Tahiri, where-as Allston is better at the adult, realized Anakin's dead time to move on, Tahiri better.

11. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    One typo and you get murdered :p [face_peace] . The way Keyes portrait Tahiri was very lively and the way Allston or Alltom :D does it is more adult specially if you considered all that she has gone trough, however I kind of still love the lively Tahiri.

12. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    I agree. Although Tahiri has been thru some horrific things, I don't think at heart, that should change her very much. She might take a slightly more serious look at some issues, and be a little less quick to rush into some things, but her will is just too strong to be all dark, moody, and 'mature'. I mean, she still goes around Barefoot. I long for the day when she's back to talking at light speed again.

13. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    Well said, and those where great days =D=

14. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    She isn't dark and moody, she's just more serious. There is a large difference. She's just more mature now. Like she should be, she's like 27-28 now. And that's a vast difference from a freakin' 13 year old.

15. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    Yeah she is more mature however IMO due to all the things she went trough in the war, and the combination of Riina and Tahiri into a new Tahiri, caused some changes that have caused her to look some times as dark and moody, but with all that I see her also as a lot more resolve and determined.

16. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    She's also a lot smarter now then before, with the whole trusting Jacen in the Dark Nest books. :p

17. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    that's saying she wasn't smart before hand. She was just naieve. big difference. not gonna call her gullible, cause that's something else entirely too. She's always been very bright, it was just that she hadn't had much practical experience for that to turn into wisdom, of which she has a lot now.

18. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    I would think than more than naive, Jacen knows how to manipulate, he manage to manipulate her sister into doing what he wanted, so I would consider than after that Tahiri will not trust Jacen so fast.

Said that I do thing she is a lot more responsible know than how she was when the academy was in Yavin.

19. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah, considering she's like 26 or 27. Since Jaina and Jacen are 29 or 30. If she weren't less naive, gullible, and mature, I'd be a little worried about the authors'.

20. Master_Veila

Master_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2006
    I don't know, I think she is very loyal to Jacen. In dark nest she wasn't angry at Jacen, but angry at the special treatment he was getting from good ol' Grand Master.

And sadly but true I remember seeing Sue saying Tahiri won't have a MAJOR role in LOTF, but she will be in there.

Also, everybody is predicting Tahiri as the number one Jedi to fall. I am still not that sure. What do we Tahiri fans think?

21. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!![face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

They already killed one of my favorits doing this would be criminal:mad:

22. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Oh good you're a newb. For a second I was thinking I was going crazy and forgetting somebody.

Yeah, we've already established Tahiri's role in LOTF. I've never heard of her being the first to fall, you pulling this from your bum or something? And I skimmed through DN, I didn't like it at all. So I'm going to treat it like I do a lot of things, and pretend it doesn't exist. It's the FADA way! :p

23. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    So now we are going to have raids against DR here too:confused: [image=http://planetsmilies.net/violent-smiley-1370.gif][/link]

24. Master_Veila

Master_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2006
    I saw this speculation in the Literature Forum in the "Who else is going to fall," thread.

And what did you guys establish as her role in LOTF? I don't think I have been out of the Tahiri fc loop for too long, but I don't remember that.

25. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Ahh, well I'll excuse you for being a newb, but always remember to read the last couple of pages before posting in a thread, even if you have before. We established her role for Betrayal, and assumed that'll be it for a while. Now also remember, EUC=\=Lit. I have been in lit maybe a dozen times, ever. And I've been here for three years come August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.