The Tahiri Veila Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Veng_Commando, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm just going to pretend that Shapers and the Shamed Ones and Conquest (Part 2 and 3) of the BOOK CONQUEST never happened.
  2. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    BTW are there any new Tahiri Fanfics out there??

I have a few on the boards...check my profile if you want to have a read.

But enough of my self-promotion...I haven't got a copy of Exile yet :( so I'm still in hope that our Tahiri makes an appearance...

Does she??

3. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope, I read it and I'm pretty sure she doesn't. (I read it kind of fast)

Edit:

I'm happy Tahiri isn't here! If she was she would be close to the Solo family, and if she was close to the Solo family she would be close to Jacen. The next book is called Sacrifice.

Do you all want Tahiri around where she would be eligible for sacrifice? Think about it. Jacen is going to kill someone, be happy Tahiri isn't a choice:)
  4. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope, I read it and I'm pretty sure she doesn't. (I read it kind of fast)

Edit:

I'm happy Tahiri isn't here! If she was she would be close to the Solo family, and if she was close to the Solo family she would be close to Jacen. The next book is called Sacrifice.

Do you all want Tahiri around where she would be eligible for sacrifice? Think about it. Jacen is going to kill someone, be happy Tahiri isn't a choice

My money's on Tenel Ka....but there's a possibility that Jacen won't be the one making the "sacrifice"...not probable, but still possible.

I'd like to see Tahiri helping out Jaina, Jag & Zekk. I know the love triangle sounds funny, but Tahiri needs some book time! I feel very unfulfilled with the whole "Dark Nest" saga...the bug-hugging thing just didn't do it for me, I'm afraid. [face_frustrated]
  5. asfnone Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think Tenel Ka is in for it to

Poor Tenel Ka
  6. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    Kotoresque

Me: We bug huggers are the strongest!
    Everyone else: We'll show you who's the strongest!

Later

Everyone else: We win.
    Me: groans.

7. Moriah Jedi Padawan

I miss Tahiri.

Jacen is taking up all the spotlight. ugh. :mad:
  8. Moriah Jedi Padawan

Troy Denning. You give me hope.

Bring Tahiri back.
  9. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree, bring back Tahiri!!! [face_dancing]

And if she comes back all Sithly with Jacen, so much the better... ;)
  10. Moriah Jedi Padawan

Here is some Tahiri fan-art. Just thought I would post it...

CLICK
  11. Courtney_Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, that's good! @};-
  12. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm actually more interested in a reincarnated Riina. A scene like "The Last of My Kind" That actually happens would be stellar.
  13. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4

Yeah, I agree with Courtney, that is good, Moriah! =D=

Thanks for posting a link :)
  14. Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Master

star 3
    I think Tahiri is a grossly underused character. Admittedly the only things I have read about her in was Dark Nest and Betrayal (I never read NJO). Still, just because I haven't read about her that much in profic doesn't mean I can't appreciate her.

I liked the small role she played in Betrayal, even though it was only a few pages. And her actions in DN may suggest that she is a potential candidate for Sith training. Personally, however, I think she should stay on the light side.

I like Jedi-Ant's suggestion that she should team up with the J/J/Z love triangle in trying to capture Alema Rar. Or maybe either Jag or Zekk could rescue her from Jacen and she falls in love with them, while the other guy gets Jaina.
    Okay, I know that's a bit of a stretch, but hey, that's what imaginations are for.

Ah, romance is overrated anyway.

Still, I think Tahiri should at least be given a chance to shine.
  15. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
  16. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to see her with Jag, but that would mean that Jaina would get Zekk [face_sick]
  17. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    I disagree.

I think she should have died by the end of NJO.

Maybe have her killing Nom Anor or some other major YZ, and dying in the process.

But now it's too late. She's now like Clarice in SOTL trilogy, a hot potato that no profic writer want to touch.

Now the best thing for her would be to turn to the Dark Side, marry Darth Krayt, and rule the Galaxy with me-- I mean Darth Krayt.

I think the YZ in the cover of Legacy 12 is her.

18. Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Master

star 3
    Nah, I don't think the YV character on the front of the Legacy comic is her. I never read NJO, but from what I could tell, courtesty of Dark Nest, Wookieepedia, fan fiction and so on, she is Yuuzhan Vong in MIND, but not in BODY. So although she thinks like one of them, she still looks the same, with the exception of the scars on her forehead.

Oh and Ant, I think Tahiri being with Jag would be good too, but what's wrong with Jaina and Zekk, huh? You don't really have to answer that question anyway. I was just kidding.

But anyway, who do you think would be a good romantic partner for Tahiri now? Right now I'm kind of torn between Jagged Fel and Valin Horn.

Well, who do you think?
  19. pregnantpadme Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello everyone.

It's sort of hard to believe I've never stopped in here, given my obsession with Tahiri.

I'll have to scroll back a few pages to see what the topic du jour is, but in the mean time, I'm trying to put together a Tahiri Index. I'd like to invite all of you to PM me if you have Tahiri fic that you have written or would like to recommended. I need the link to the story and that is all.

I am looking for any kind of fic, as long as Tahiri is the focus, a partner of a 'ship that is the focus, or is a significant player in an ensemble.

I will not be breaking the categories up by 'ship, and I will not be including A/T suggestions since there is a very well run and comprehensive ATIndex already going.

The categories I'm including (as it stands now) are:

Finished Works: Multi Post, Vignettes, Ensembles, Poem, Songfic, & Drabbles
    WIP: Multi Post, Ensembles, and Abandoned Works

As I get closer to having enough to start posting the Index, I'll have a better break down of the categories.

I would like to throw in that I had not heard that Denning was hinting at bringing Tahiri back and that there might be a tie in to their relationship from DN, because I'm so out of the loop, and I would absolutely fall over and die with happiness! I do fantasize about Tahiri somehow factoring into Jacen's plans for Galactic Domination...but at this point, I'd settle for them having caf one day. I hate how little she has been used sine the end of the NJO.

Of course, that is exactly why I'm scouring the web for Tahiri fan fic! Because she has been used so little since the NJO.

PregMe'

Edit:

HA! I jsut read through the last several pages, and was laughing by the time I got back here.

I have been praying for/hoping for Tahiri's reentry into LotF for ages and at this point miss her so much that I would settle for her turning up and becoming Jacen's Sith apprentice, which I think Jacen might have suggested early on. I always assumed that Lumiya told Jacen no, that Ben needed to me his apprentice because she wanted to hurt LUke as much as possible, and corrupting Luke's nephew and son would be more damaging than corrupting his nephew and a family friend that Luke has sort of screwed over himself.

I jsut reread the DN stuff with Tahiri and Jacen in it, specifically to see what their interaction was like, and I never got the impression that she was 'acting' in front of the others. I got the impression that she did feel quite close to Jacen, trusted him, and became suspicious of him as the series went on. That once they went on the Supply Depot raid, she realized that something was up, that she was still mad about that particular incident when she made the statement in at the Jedi Meeting that Jacen says one thing and means another, and then grew more disturbed and angry because he suggested they kill Raynar. Tahiri is incredibly loyal, almost to a fault I think, and having her loyalty betrayed by Jacen would be very difficult for her to take, but then to be punished by Luke, exhiled, for agreeing with Tesar and Chewie, would seem like a huge betrayal by Luke.

It seems that Jacen must have gone to Tahiri after the Jedi meeting, and she probably yelled, and they worked out their issues, to an extent, and in the mean time, she told him that his plan wasn't going to work anyway, because Tesar and Lowie were going to tell Madame Thul and she would stop Luke from acting on Jacen's plan.

Jacen was clearly distressed by hearing that Tahiri had been sent to Dagobah, and I don't think it was because he was going to be missing a spy, I think he does genuinely care for her, they have a lot in common and a long history.

I, therefore, predict, that something will happen in the next book or tow, that will drive a wedge between Tahiri and the Skywalker/The Order, something that will make her remember being left on Yavin 4, and Luke not sending help sooner, Luke knowing that Riina and Tahiri were going to have to merge, but not giving anyone the heads up, Tahiri being exhiled...Jacen can be ver
  20. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    That's ok. To be honest, I don't really know what's wrong with Zekk :p For some reason, he's just never rubbed off on me as a favourite.

I like both of them - Jag and Valin, plus, of course, who could ignore the wonder of Jacen aka Jahiri [face_love] :D

Basically, I'm a pair Tahiri with anything girl, so long as she gets some! :D

I hadn't heard this, either, and the when I read that she could be coming back, I almost fainted!!

:D

I would not mind in the slightest if she came back Sith, so long as she's back :)

That's why I joined, actually. Tahiri had disappeared from the books, and Anakin had died, so I came looking for fanfic to get their romance alive in my mind... then, when I grew tired of Tahiri just getting some from one particular person, I diverged to 'shipping Tahiri with practically everyone in the GFFA!!! :p

Good luck with the Tahiri Index, Preggers! :D I can't wait 'til it's up and running.

Ant. ]-}
  21. Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Master

star 3
    I don't know.
    Jahiri seems kind of weird to me. Although I've never wanted to see him with anyone other than Tenel Ka. I've always thought that because of Anakin, she'd have like a sibling relationship with both Jacen and Jaina. In which case, she'd probably be a good "aunt" to Allana.

Besides, many people think Jacen's going to die in canon. Tragic, isn't it?

By the way Ant, I appreciate your huomur and honesty. I like how although we are techincally on opposing sides, we can still have a laugh. Must be an Aussie thing.

BTW, I'm not sure whether or not you referred to me as "girl", but I'll just politely point out that I'm a guy, OK? Thanks anyway though.

BTW again, say if Tahiri does settle down with Jag, Valin, or whoever. Where would they settle down? Corusant? Bastion? Zonoma Sekot? What do you think?
  22. Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Master

star 3
    I like both of them - Jag and Valin, plus, of course, who could ignore the wonder of Jacen aka Jahiri

I've already said my piece about Jacen/Tahiri, and no offense to those that support it but (shudders). It just seems to weird for me.

Anyway, what do you think will happen to Tahiri in profic. There is a slim possibilty that she will return before the end of LOTF, and many think she should be Jacen's new Sith apprentice. I'm still hoping this is not the case. I think she deserves a chance at happiness too.

Does my theory of Jag rescuing her and the two falling in love still stand? If so, how likely do you think?
  23. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, she probably would be a good aunt to Allana - if the girl's still alive by the end of Legacy, that is [face_worried]

It is... I actually think Luke's going to die :( He wasn't mentioned in the trailer of sorts for Sacrifice, except as a "Mara will finish what Luke started"...

Chilling [face_worried]

Thank you. :) I think it must be an Aussie thing. We (and by "we", I mean Aussies :p ) always seem to find a way to laugh at ourselves and other people, without feeling offended. :) It's a good trait, I think. :D

Oh! [face_blush] I can't remember if I did or not, but sorry if I did. Your profile didn't say either way, so thanks for pointing that out. :)

At the moment, I'd say where ever the fighting is. She made a brief appearance in Betrayal as the leader of a strike team, so I'd say while the civil war looms, she'll stick with the war.

But after that, and after Jacen is gone (dead, converted?), she would most-likely return to Sekot... or Csilla, if she's with Jag. :)

It's weird to a lot of people, so you're not alone by a long shot. :)

She does deserve happiness, and I'd like to see that eventually. But part of me really wants to see Anakin's vision come true, at least a little bit.

My thoughts on his vision of "Vong Dark Tahiri" is that the person she refers to as "the last of your kind" is Jacen, in Sith form, and she's taking him down.

So I'd really like to see her play a significant part of the storyline in that sense.

Also, a little off-topic, I suppose, is the fact that is one of the books of the NJO (near the end, after Anakin's death), Luke pointed out to Jacen that he, and Jaina, and Tahiri, are the future of the Jedi. No mention of Ben, or Lowie, or Zekk, or Tenel Ka, who've all had rather large roles since - but Tahiri and the two twins, like they would play some pivotal role in the Jedi Order to come.

I may be over-analyzing this (I do that a lot, you'll find), but I read this as a sign of the future, and so far, Tahiri's had no part in Luke's "analysis."

What does everyone else think about that?

Not sure if it's very likely, as the spoilers I've seen from Exile suggest heavily in the Jaina/Jag direction, but I'd really like to see it happen. :) I think they're very suited to each other, and I guess I could be ok with Jaina getting Zekk, as long as Tahiri was happy with her studdly Jagged. [face_love]

I think I've ranted enough for one night
  24. EvieSolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think you are over-analyzing things. I have started to accept that the novels are often inconsistant. DR is doing an awful job there; has been since the NJO. It was supposed to be planned out and all, but turned out to be ridiculously cobbled together.

Anyway, I'm wondering if Tahiri will appear in the next novel, since it's one by Denning.

As far as relationships go, the only remotely acceptable one for me would be Tahiri/Jacen, since I've given up on Anakin coming back in canon. :(
    Jag: Didn't like him with Jaina. Especially wouldn't like him with Tahiri.
    Ben and Valin are still little kids in my mind. So, no.
  25. EvieSolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Spoiler for Inferno DP:

Well, Tahiri will be in it. So whose side will she be on?

What do you all think?
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.