main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Tale of Blarney the Purple Gungun and the Jolly Giant Togorian~ one-shot humour~Replies Up 28/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MiralukaJedi, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Title: The Tale of Blarney the Purple Gungun and the Jolly Giant Togorian
    Genre: Humour, one-shot
    Timeframe: post-ANH AU (connected to I, Exile and Rummaging through Tool Kits specifically)
    Summary: The latest phase of a prank war initiated by Wes Janson against the Rogues' chief mechanic leads to some interesting results involving holo vids and a modified holo player.
    Authour's Note: This is really influenced by my own sometimes twisted sense of humour. I couldn't help myself here- I really had to write this viggie. You don't need to have read either piece really to fully follow what's going on~ though it is highly recommended that you do. My thanks to Ultima_1 and ZebulaNebula for a few ideas from comments in some of my ongoing work that inspired me to incorporate those ideas in this piece.
    Disclaimer: I don't own anything here. I just work with what's already out there.

[u]The Tale of Blarney the Purple Gungun and the Jolly Giant Togorian
    [/u]
    She always had thought of herself as the decent sort and not one to engage in petty grudges for the sake of petty grudges. But in the case of this problem, she definitely would be the first to admit that there was a war brewing between her and the two childish pilots involved. Luckily for everyone who might be caught in the cross-fire though, the only danger they really faced was getting caught in the midst of some of the most elaborate pranks ever conceived of by a sentient being.

Ahsana knew though that there had to be something done with the prank that had been pulled on her earlier that morning. The young Jedi mechanic had to admit, the two of them had actually managed to play it smarter than the first prank they?d pulled on her and this one actually showed some creativity. An A for effort and creativity, she supposed. The ones she suspected of doing this (for it would only run through the mind of one over-grown man child who would then persuade his other typical target, his crash-prone cohort to help him) had truly done a number this time.

They?d gone into her quarters and messed with the sonic shower in her ?fresher. She?d found herself covered with silly string when she pushed on control and the taps had been altered to spew out audio-only ads from the HoloNet about the latest in acting heartthrobs that always seemed to dominate the headlines. She kept trying to find a way to turn it off, but that had only ended up screwing up the locks. So it was that Ahsana Horn had ended up stuck in the sonic shower for a good hour before her aunt had come looking for her for missing a scheduled sparring session, being alternately sprayed by silly string and having to listen to the acting virtues of said acting heartthrobs. She was of the mind now that if somehow she ever came across the likes of Wynessa Starflare and Garrick Loran , with them talking about the same things she?d been forced to listen to for the past hour, she would either shoot herself with the nearest available blaster or fall upon her own lightsaber. Whichever way was the quickest to put herself out of such misery.

[i]When I find out for sure who did this, I swear they are getting it. They definitely asked for it this time.[/i] She thought to herself for the rest of the time before going to lunch in the mess of the Thilia base.

[hr]

?Who?d you prank this time Janson?? Tycho had asked idly at one point. It seemed to have become a bit of a game among the Rogues and other Rebel squadrons at Thilia to speculate about who was the latest target of Janson?s pranks. And whether they would retaliate or not.

Wes looked up from his bowl of incredibly tasteless yet edible soup and with a grin, replied. ?I gave our little Bolts a special surprise in the ?fresher this morning. This should prove something once and for all.?

?And what would that be??

?That no one can out prank me. Let?s face it, I?m the best there is in the pranking business.?

?This is going to backfire on the both of us, Janson. It?s going to be worse than the last prank you convinced me to help you pull. You?ve really got to know that.?

2. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
  3. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    Oh wow, thanks for making my day! That was absolutely hilarious![face_laugh]:D I love a good practical joke, especially when it's being pulled on someone else.:p And Wes Janson is the best!

Please write more stories like this soon!=D=

4. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Priceless! A rigged player, too! And Janson had to try both vids! Still laughing at Blarney the purple Gungan. [face_laugh] It's been a long time since I've helped inspire a viggie.

5. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks!

6. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Glad to have made your day. And yes, I might just write more stories like this...there is the idea of the 'prank war' and this other thing I've been toying with writing as a vig involving lime green engine goo (long story but it's pretty good too).

7. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks for the compliments. And Hobbie got somewhat lucky this time. Mostly because Janson didn't want to play all the vids. And thanks for the idea once again!

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ha, after reading the other story, this really fit in...well done.

9. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks! Glad that you think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.