main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The tale of Darth Vaders Son - A SW - AU (please be nice and post a lot of comments)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Jul 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    Like i said you would beforehand, you made a terrific update. Great detail fighterbattle without getting slow or to fast. Superb job m8. Keep up the good work.

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    What are u updating next mate?

3. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Next to be updated will be the "Colliding of Empires"-Story. I hope to have the update finished on sunday.

Sorry for the delay, but "real life" is a little more demanding, than writing of fan-fiction.

4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Know how you feel...damn women! :p

5. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Updated "The Colliding of Empires".

An update of "Union of the Empires greatest Warriors" is in the making and should be finished on Sunday.

6. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Well, this part took a little longer than expected and i finally understand, what the ghost-writers of politicians go through.

I hate writing political discussions.

Seriously, there will be a lot more of politics in the near future (well, perhaps not so near, as slow as this mammoth-piece of story progresses) and lots of battles, what i´m looking forward to. Groundbattles, fighter-battles, space-battles, lightsaber-battles, melee-combat ..., i´ll better stop before i start drooling on the keys.

I´m now sure, that i´m going to split this story up, but haven´t figured out how, so this will take a little more time.

Until then: ENJOY and COMMENT!!!

The tale of Darth Vader´s Son

? ... any idea, how desastrous this defeat is?? shouted Dorush P´toi.

The senator from Abesh had been a member of the inner council for only a very short time, but that was obviously no reason for him to show a little reserve. Han Solo, who had taken place on a chair slightly behind his wife turned his look from the enraged lizard-like being to Leia.

Leia was sitting opposite from Dorush. To her left sat Admiral Ackbar, next to the Mon Calamari General Airen Cracken, then Borsk Fey´lya. To her right were Doman Beruss, who represented the exile-corellians, Voil Yoramo from Alderaan and with Croshyek from Kashyyyk the circle was complete.

Han didn´t like what he saw. Leia looked pale. Dark rings had appeared around her eyes. The former smuggler knew, that they originated from a lack of sleep. He himself hadn´t found much rest during the last few nights, since Leia had been tossing around in their bed, hunted by her nightmares.

Nightmares about Alderaan. Nightmares about her imprisonment aboard the first DeathStar. Nightmares about Bespin. Nightmares about Vader. Always Darth Vader. While the Sith-Lord had been dead for more than nine years, his dark legacy lived on and tortured the woman Han loved with all his heart. If the former smuggler added the stress of the current situation it was no surprise the former princess of Alderaan appeared, like she had been walking through hell.

?I know, Senator Dorush, believe me, i know.? Only Leia´s voice showed her strenght.

?I don´t want to look uninformed, but what are the exact numbers of our losses in the Kwa´ala-sector?? asked Voil Yoramo, eager to give Leia some relief from Dorush´s wrath.

?Alderaanian solidarity seems to be alive.? mused Han. At least one positive thing these days.

?Nineteen Stardestroyers, fifteen of the big Calamari-Cruisers, sixty-three ships the size of Picket-Cruisers and more than hundred frigates and corvettes, if we count the loss of ships at those planets, that had only weak defenses. Not to mention the sector-base, its stores and Golan-Defense-Stations.? answered Cracken. ?Including troops more than one- million-two-hundred-thousand men were killed or taken prisoner by the empire.?

?Oh great.? shouted Dorush and Han wondered, if the Abesh knew the meaning of the words ?low voice?. ?Not only have we lost an entire sector, we have lost its sector-fleet including sector-base, too.? He glared at Ackbar. ?Tell me Admiral, how could this happen??

The Mon Calamari shifted his weight in his seat. Even for somebody who knew nothing about Mon Calamari-body-language it was obvious, that Ackbar didn´t feel comfortable. And Han Solo had gotten enough time to know the Mon Calamari very well.

The former smuggler didn´t envy the Admiral. First the desaster with the New Republic´s task-force, that had been destroyed by this Lucan Vader-guy and now the new imperial campaign. Standing up Admiral Ackbar cleared his throat. Pressing a button he activated a map of the galaxy.

?Since the beginning of their campaign the empire is attacking worlds in the sectors of Fallomin, Doromar, Generis, Katares and Xa´Fel. They are even in close proximity to the shipsyards at Bilbringi. As you can see those sectors are closer to the core, than Kwa´ala and with the numbers of worlds conquered in a new lightning-war, those sectors, while not on

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I think its about the new commander, but as to who it is I'm completely stumped! BTW, I've moved my story to the new Beyond the Saga index, the new link is in my sig.

8. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    I thought it would be clear, that Han is going to command the "Lusankya".

And no, it is not that obvious and it will NOT be in the near future.

9. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Han didn´t like what he saw. Leia looked pale. Dark rings had appeared around her eyes. The former smuggler knew, that they originated from a lack of sleep. He himself hadn´t found much rest during the last few nights, since Leia had been tossing around in their bed, hunted by her nightmares.

Nightmares about Alderaan. Nightmares about her imprisonment aboard the first DeathStar. Nightmares about Bespin. Nightmares about Vader. Always Darth Vader. While the Sith-Lord had been dead for more than nine years, his dark legacy lived on and tortured the woman Han loved with all his heart. If the former smuggler added the stress of the current situation it was no surprise the former princess of Alderaan appeared, like she had been walking through hell.

I think its this ^
    If not for the comment that it wouldn't be the Noghri this would have been a close second on my list:

Han would have smiled for the verbal beating the Bothan was recieving, but from an objective point of view Ackbar´s statement in defense of the Noghri didn´t exclude the possibilty of one of them turning traitor. Especially now, that another person claimed the title of being Darth Vader´s heir. A person, whose intentions towards Han and his family weren´t very friendly. He would have to talk to Leia about that.

10. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Of course, the condition of Leia will play an important role in the future of this story, but it isn´t that. Actually it is less personal, because it is a political issue.

Updated "The Colliding of Empires" btw.

11. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    mmmmmmmm
    how bout this?

What i want to point out is that there are worlds, that, with this new campaign, have fallen victim to imperial occupation three times during the last ten years without being sucessfully defended by the new Republic. Worlds, that have relied on us to protect and defend them.

Fellow senators, a goverment unable to defend the worlds under its rule looses every claim or legitimacy on represanting them. The people on many worlds are asking themself, why their planets should join a political system, that is unable to protect them. Worlds, that are already members of the Republic wonder, why they should stay with us. Considering the changes of imperial policies during the rule of Daala towards women and non-humans to name a few, many worlds might think that peace under a moderate imperial rule will be better, than constant warfare with all its consequences.

Esp. that first part rings very true in my ears. (but that could just be my imp loving heart speaking)

12. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah, those damn New Republic types! Too lazy to defend those imperiled worlds!

13. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Right, the candidat gets 100 points. It is no wonder, that the New Republic consisted of only 11,000 member-worlds during the time of the BlackFleetCrisis (12 years after Endor).

I hope i´ll have an update at sunday and then we will see a little hand-to-hand-combat.

14. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Again it is two days past sunday and i´m only glad, it isn´t wednesday (that would have been too embarrassing).

Today we return to the "main" character of this little epos, who finds himself in a fight against somebody old enough to be his grandfather (perhaps even great-grandfather). If you want an idea of this little fight imagine something at the speed of Yoda against Count Dooku in AOTC - just without weapons and lasting much longer (to know how long, you have to read this update).
    We also get a look into the heads of some secondary characters.

If you want to know, WHY there is a fight and what it has to do with that damn prophecy, you´ll have to wait for the next update.

Until then have a nice read.

And now: Enjoy!!!

Captain Priem walked in slow strides along the transparisteel-windows of the bridge of the ?Spectre?. Until now he had sucessfully managed to show no signs of nervousness. He didn´t wanted to worry his crew. The situation was bad enough with Lord Vader gone.

The Captain unwillingly admitted, that he thought it an insane idea of his superior to go alone into the Ogradevi-settlement. On the other hand the reduced contingent of troops aboard the ?Spectre? would hardly be of help, should those aliens prove hostile.

Thousand trillion people were living inside the huge complex and if only one promille of them served as military... . Settlement 7,459 alone would be able to provide the crews for more than twenty million ISDs including troops and there were twelve-thousand of those settlements, if this Sholter Roeg had spoken the truth.

It was no wonder, that his superior was so eager to get the Ogradevi under his thumb, but alone?

With only a protocol-droid as companion?

Priem was willing to admit, that despite his intimidating appearance and his often blunt, if not harsh manners Lucan Vader could be as silver-tongued like nobody else, but would that be enough to convince those savages of an alliance? And if he did, of what use could they be, if they were trapped in their own system far away from the populated centers of the galaxy?

The last message from Lord Vader was over an hour old and the Dark Lord had only told his men, that he had made contact with the leaders of the two fighting fractions and that there were some interesting developments going on. Since then Priem had heard nothing from his superior. The Captain of the ?Spectre? wasn´t force-sensitive, but over the years he had learned to trust his feelings and to listen to his instincts and now they were telling him, that somehow a turning point in history had been reached.

Priem usually didn´t believe in fate, but for once he was under the impression, that some kind of destiny was fullfilling itself.

Unfortunately there was nothing he could do, he was forced to stay at the sides and witness the events unfold. And that was something he didn´t liked. If he only knew, how Lord Vader was doing.

----

Lucan Vader barely managed to evade the powerful blow of his opponent. If the fist would have hit his head, the fight would have been over. In the next moment he turned to the side, reducing the surface of his body he presented Tersar Frascati and blocked the lower leg of the seven feet tall Ogradevi with his lower arm. Otherwise the praetor of settlement 7,459 would have hit him in the side below the ribcage. And given the strenght of his adversary, that wouldn´t have been a good thing.

Darth Vader´s son let his hand slide to the ankle of Frascati´s left foot, supporting his grip with the left hand he twisted the outstretched leg to the inside. Instead of loosing balance Tersar Frascati jumped into the air, following the direction Lucan had forced his leg he turned himself around a horizontal axis formed by his spine in a complete circle, using his right leg to aim a kick against the head of the young Lord Vader. Lucan had to let go of his opponent and the praetor dropped to the floor. It didn´t came as a surprise for the son of Darth Vader, that the Ogradevi ma

15. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    :D Great update m8. I loved Mirona Abro. Leaders sometimes have to make hard choices ;)

I also liked the feeling of helplesness from our captian. I would be worried too.

As for the fight itself.. why doesn't Lucan use his forcepowers? Cause his opponent has them too? Not all the Ogradevi have them so i think it would be a major advantage..

16. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I would think that Lucan just fancied the opportunity to kick someone around.

Also, great update.

17. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Spike, you are closer to the truth.

As we will see later, Lucan likes a small brawl now and then. Besides that he is proud (or overconfident) enough to think, that he doesn´t need the force to defeat somebody, who is three times his own age.

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    *big grin* :D

I love being closer to the truth!

19. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    "Mr. Pommeroy!"

"Well, here we are again, Misses Sophie ..."

Examining his opponent Tersar Frascati tried to catch his breath without giving his adversary a clue about his true condition.

He had had his fair share of fights and duels during his ascent through the ranks and some of them had lasted as long and been as intense as the current fight.

Some had been even both.

But he had fought those battles, when he had been a lot younger.

Only his skill and experience had allowed
    him to remain undefeated so far and even those weren´t going to save him, since his strenght was nearly exhausted.

Only his will-power keept him still on his feet.

The decision would be made within the next minutes.

---

Lucan Vader had troubles to hide the state of exhaustion he was in.

None of the kicks and blows of his opponent that had come through had been hard enough to cause serious damage or to knock him out, but Lucan´s entire body hurt like hell.
    Tomorrow the bruises would be visible everywhere on his body.

Lucan was only glad, that they weren´t visible now. They would only encourage his opponent and the son of Darth Vader didn´t knew, if he would be able to defend himself against another one of the furios assaults of the praetor of settlement 7,459.

He would have never expected the fight to be that long or his opponent to have such physical strength.

Lucan had grown up in the belief, that his father had been the greatest warrior of all times and the most powerful man of the universe and he, as his son, would be equally powerful. Oh yes, there still had been the emperor, but Palpatine had been an old man, who had let others do the fighting. And as long as he could think Lucan Vader had considered his incredible physical strenght and speed as a natural or god-given privilege, making him superior to the ordinary beings even without the force.

Now he was forced tp admit, that this belief had been wrong.

Tersar Frascati was an incredible powerful opponent. If he had known sooner, he would possibly never agreed to this fight. On the other side an hour ago, he would have thought otherwise even with the knowledge he had now.

Of course Lucan could have used his forcepowers, but that would have been unfair. The values and morales of Darth Vader´s son differed perhaps greatly from those of the majority of sentinent beings, but he had some. And it wasn´t only a question of honour, but also one of pride.

If he couldn´t defeat a man the age of eighty standardyears on his own, Lucan would be better off, if he forgot everything about the conquest of the galaxy and settled down on a country-seat on an insuspicious world in the outer Rim.

Lucan knew he had to end this battle quickly and decided to change his tactics. It contained a certain risk, but that he had to take.

---

Schatzivon Speck watched the two combatants with growing concern. He would have never expected things to go that much out of hand.

Like Mirona Abro the brawny elder was worried for both of the opponents, but for totally different reasons.

A long time ago Schatzivon Speck had been a mentor to Parkas Vigeland, who had been Tersar Frascatis predecessor as praetor. The younger Ogradevi might not know about it and his opinions and ideas clashed often enough with those of Schatzivon, but despite that the older one cared for the current leader of Settlement 7,459 like a grandfather cared for his always trouble-causing grandchild.
    Not that Schatzivon was familiar with the concept of grandchildren, since only few Ogradevi even got a chance to know their children.

As for Lord Vader ... . Well, there weren´t enough words for Schatzivon Speck to describe the life-time of hopes resting on the stranger. Even Frascatis explenations about the prophecy hadn´t changed that.

Specks thoughts returned to the events from only two hours ago.

---

"I´ll great you Lord Vader as the One, savior of the Ogradevi and emissary of the gods. After millenia of waiting you final

20. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Thats men for ya!

21. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Now that something i like.. I come back from a long time of absence and i find a cool update. Great work m8. Just a small q though: Have you by any chance seen the movie starring sean connery where he becomes a leader of a tribelike society in india in a similar manner (arrow stuck in belt if i remember correctly)?

22. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    You refer to The Man Who Would be King, also starring Michael Caine and Christopher Plummer?

23. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Yeah i think so, thx spike

24. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    That story by Rudyard Kipling (i hope i have the name right) served as idea behind this scene.

Up.

25. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I think thats the right spelling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.