main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The tale of Darth Vaders Son - A SW - AU (please be nice and post a lot of comments)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Jul 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    No wonder they have overpopulation issues.

2. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Guess what!

This is an update.

Yes, you´ve read right, an UPDATE.

Now stop gawking and enjoy the newest chapter of

The tale of Darth Vader´s Son

"Battle Line Maneuvers
    Following are descriptions of the most com- mon starship combat maneuvers.
    It is an interesting fact that, though space is, of course, three-dimensional, with a vessel?s orientation of no particular importance, Humans find it distinctly unsettling to view a ship which appears to be upside down or which appears to be "hanging over" their vessel. To counteract this, fleets almost always orient their vessels so that "down" is in the same direction for all craft. Tradition has it that the approaching vessel orients itself to match the vessel already in position.
    This psychological quirk makes capital starship combat surprisingly similar to water-based ship combat. It might he noted that, it a species were fully comfortable with the three- dimensional nature of space, they would be at a distinct advantage when fighting Humans in space. " RASB

"The Brawl
    This is a desperation maneuver, employed when one side is terribly outgunned or has little reason to expect to win. The lines rush at each other, and the battle breaks up into many separate fights. Ships may collide, or two or three vessels may gang upon one. In a dogfight between these colossal ships, anything can happen.
    Basically, a brawl is won by the luckier admiral. " RASB

With a flicker of pseudo-motion the small fleet left hyperspace. After that it took only seconds for the group of ships to orient itself and to accelerat towards the second planet of the starsystem.

A frown crossed the forehead of General Garm Bel Iblis. The NewRepublic-General was standing on the bridge of his flagship "Peregrin", a sixhundred meter long Picket-Cruiser of the Katana-class. The ship built by RendiliStarDrive was one of six ships of its kind in the taskforce, but not the largest one. That honour belonged to the Star-Cruiser "Wave", a 1,300 meter long MC90-StarCruiser.

Together with the "Wave", the "Peregrin" and its five sisterships, the small fleet also included 3 fivehundred meter long MC40-Cruisers, four Nebulon-B-frigates and four CorellianCorvettes, making it a total of 18 ships.

Of course Bel Iblis could have used the "Wave" as his flagship, but the corellian General felt more comfortable aboard the "Peregrin". Bel Iblis had used the ship that had once belonged to the legendary Katana-fleet as his flagship during the times he and the rebel-alliance had gone seperate ways and old habits died only hard. Aside from that, he knew the ship, knew its crew, knew every strenght and weakness of the "Peregrin". To get trusted with a totally new ship with a new crew and officers he hadn´t worked with before would have taken time and time was something the NR didn´t have.

Thanks to the empire.

The empire was the reason they were here.

By galactic standards Halc´hi wasn´t a very populated world. It wasn´t very heavily industrialized, it wasn´t a farming-planet other worlds were dependant on and the local economy wasn´t worth much, too. The system of the small, yellow star Halc was only interesting for one reason. It was a traffic-knot for at least five hyperlanes. Not for the five most important hyperlanes in the galaxy, but for the three most important ones of the local sector and two hyperlanes, that were of importance for the quadrant. Of course navigational computers aboard modern warships and even civilian vessels weren´t dependant on hyperlanes if necessary, but outside a lane speed, efficency and safety of hyperspace-travel would decrease dramatically. Certainly for the civilian ships and probabely for the military ones.

Unusual was, that despite being such a traffic-hub Halc´hi didn´t have much of a space-faring industry. No huge shipyards or repair-docks in orbit, no storehouses or entertainment-facilities of remarkable size. In that regard another world fourty lightyears away had taken the big price, ORD Celvis. Rumors claimed, that fifty years ago a few sen

3. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    Yes an update!

I liked having Bel Iblis being tied due to the type of combat he got shoved down his troat by the imp commander. Shows that even the best commanders can be defeated by the beast that is war.

4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Excellent detail on the battle FTeik.

5. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    That was very good, very good.

6. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    It has been a while and i have to apologize for the long wait i put you all through, but real life has been a b..ch lately.

Add the stress around Christmas and New Year at the job and you probabely understand, why i didn´t found time to continue writing.

Fortunately this is past us, so here we go:

The tale of Darth Vader´s Son

With a weary sigh Han Solo deactivated the datapad. Closing his eyes he rubbed over his nose and surpressed a yawn. He longed to complain aloud, that he hated the paperwork, but there was no use to it, since that was hardly a secret. Aside from that he was the only passenger of the shuttle, so there was nobody present, who could hear him.

It wasn´t fair, he mused darkly. In a just universe - after all the things he and his family had been through - he would be able to settle down and enjoy some peace with his wife and his children. No Dark-Jedi-who-wants-to-be-the-next-Lord-of-the-Sith or imperial ambassadors trying to kidnap his kids, no Grandadmirals, Grandgenerals or Grandmoffs trying to conquer a war-torn, devastated galaxy, whose citicens were tired of war.

Tired as he was.

"Admit it, pal." he thought. "A part of you is missing the old times. Just you, Chewie and the Falcon on your smuggling-runs. The fast-earned money, the excitement and nobody to care for, but yourself."

But those times were long gone. Han Solo was respectable now. And not only a respectable citicen, but also a General in the NewRepublicDefenseForce.

Once again.

More than six years had passed since Prince Isolder had offered to marry Leia and to make her Queen of Hapes, what would have also given the NewRepublic a new powerful ally during those desperate days - as if the current days weren´t desperate, too - and so the upper echelons of the former rebel-alliance starting with Mon Mothma had tried to seperate them and played match-maker for Isolder and Leia. The fallout of the entire affair had caused Han to resign and to put the uniform into the closet - just to take it out, when Palpatine´s clone launched his offensive, where he forced the NewRepublic back into hiding in the outer rim.

After that everybody had assumed, that the war was more or less over, the last Grandadmiral dead, the Emperor once and for all truly dead and the imperial forces divided into warlordism. What was left to do for the NewRepublic was to clean up. No problem after all the difficulties they had faced - and mastered - before.

Bantha-podoo.

The rebel-alliance had become the New Republic years ago, had been turned from a movement of insurrectionists with questionable reputation into a legal government - or so its leadership prefered to think, not that the imperials agreed with that point of view - and after all this time there should be enough diplomats, generals and admirals to take care of the galaxy without Han, Leia or Luke holding their hands, but no - here he was on his way to take command of the most powerful battleship the New Republic possessed.

To fight a warmachine of equal power. Not that he hadn´t done something like this before, but the year he had been hunting the "IronFist" had been one of the worst in Han´s life, thanks to his enemies, but also thanks to people, who had been supposed to be his allies. Not that Han expected something like this to happen this time, but with the New Republic one never knew.

That much the former smuggler had learned the hard way.

Han sighed again. Bathing in bad memories was fine, but it didn´t get the job done. And he was here to do a job. Even if it included to deal with a bureaucracy, that was worse and more demanding, than what Han had seen during his time as an officer in the Imperial Forces. Or perhaps he just hadn´t been up high enough on the rank-ladder then.

Han just wanted to re-activate the datapad, when the shuttle was shaken by a small tremble. Most people wouldn´t have noticed, but Han didn´t belong to most people, he had lived long enough aboard spaceships to recognize a course-change when it happened. And as far as he cou

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Interesting. So which part was mis-information and which was true? The Empire making new Star Destroyers with only a quarter of the crew needed makes for a lot more Star Destroyers built.

This could turn nasty.

8. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Plans within plans...

Nice appropiate quote from a Dune game

9. Katharina_Vader

Katharina_Vader Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2005
    Hi FTeik!
    I really love this story (especially Lucan), but after I read your last chapters I?m a bit disappointed, because I really think that Lucan?s behaviour towards women in this chapters is in a way contradictive to the rest of his character.
    He seems to worship his parents, but by treating women as mere sex objects he dishonours everything his parents fought for. I mean his father was kicked out off the order because of Padmé and he probably would have killed himself before disgracing his wife by sharing his bed with any other women!
    Also the women Lucan prefers are the totally opposite of Padmé (who seems to be his idea of a perfect mother and ruler). So wouldn?t it be logical that Lucan chooses a woman which is more like his mother in order to rule the galaxy with him and bear his children? Someone who is cold and reasonable, as some kind of compensation towards his sometimes more negligent behaviour? Someone he could love ?as well as? desire? (I mean this women are more like men or WWF wrestlers than women *lol*).

10. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Hi, Katharina_Vader and welcome to this story.

I´m glad you like it so far and i´m grateful for your feed-back. Especially since it deals with character-development, which is one of the most difficult aspects of writing - at least for me.

One of the problems is to keep the characters consistent and Lucan Vader is a very special case. Perhaps it will become more clear in future chapters, when i´m flashing out Lucan´s growing up, but for now i want to say, that he IS a character with a lot of contradicting facets.

Lucan more or less grew up in isolation, raised by his parents (and it is nowhere stated, that Padme is his mother) and a few servants. He was also was raised in the traditions of the Sith and trained to be the ruler of an empire one day. Not exactly circumstances, where you become a nice or very social person. Add, that he thinks himself to be superior to everybody else and it shouldn´t come as a surprise, that he has difficulties to connect to people on a deeper level.

Lucan is lonely and subconsciously he knows, that something is missing in his life and so he is searching for it. The problem is he also considers himself to be a dark prince and the greatest gift the force ever made to the universe.

Being a Sith, being the son of the "Chosen One" and future overlord of the galaxy in Lucan´s mind he has the right to do, what he wants and the right to take, what he wants may it be objects or persons.

Lucan is also a man, who likes the fine things in live (will be flashed out in the future, too), good food, fine clothing, beautiful art and of course, women.

Given his upbringing and his character Lucan is partly a conqueror, somebody who enjoys challanges. If a female attracts his interest he turns from a searcher into a hunter, but since he is uncapable of relationsships this interest is gone the moment the prey is cought and the deed done.

In that regard Lucan is confusing sex and desire with love and companionship, but that doesn´t stop him from trying again and again. Remember, that it almost worked with Carzeta Myntrela (in some ways his "first" love), but that didn´t stop him from killing her the moment they were on different sides in a battle.

He respects and cares for the women he is with, but that doesn´t mean, that he loves them the way we understand the term.

I also don´t think he dishonours everything his parents fought for. Lucan isn´t married, so he has no obligations to be faithful to a wife. He also doesn´t force himself on women, he doesn´t need to. He looks good, is rich and powerful, can be charming so it is easy to be attracted to him. Some women say yes to his advances, because they´re interested in the same kind of fun he is. Other´s say yes to gain his favour to get an advantage, but those are usually disappointed. Others simply surrender to his powerful and demanding personality (it is even possible, that Lucan influences them on a subconscious level without noticing, but i haven´t made a discission on that), but in this last case it doesn´t even occur to Lucan, that he is taking advantage of somebody else. In his mind, if they don´t want to be with him, they can simply say "no" and he would accept that.

He asked Olwees Orny, if she wanted to sleep with him, he left her a choice and the poor Haetar, who for the first time in her life was treated kindly by a man thanked him the only way she knew. A little different is Praetor Mirona Abro. This woman clawed her way to the top in a society, where - from our point of view - "masculine" values and virtues are dominating. At the same time her "armory" is larger, than that of her male peers (the weapons of a female), which she wanted to put to good use by trying to seduce Lucan. What she only realized, when she was already naked in the bathroom, was that by doing that she had lowered herself to the level of a prostitute and contrary to Olwees Orny she didn´t have the excuse of being ordered to do what she did. Keep in mind, that the Ogradevi live in something like a caste-system and while Olwees belongs to the

11. Katharina_Vader

Katharina_Vader Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2005
    Thanks for the detailed explanation!
    Ok, I have to admit that it makes sense. Maybe I was just a bit taken aback because I?m a woman^^
    I?ve already given your story to some friends of mine and I really think they like it too (even if they were a bit shocked about its length). However, I really hope you?ll update soon! Maybe you could write something about Lucan?s mother (whether she is Padmé or not, for example^^).
    Bye, Katharina.

12. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    So Cracken and Drayson are planning behind Leia's back (though I wonder how they were able to sneak in an ISD like that into Coruscant without anyone being the wiser? Did they tow the whole dock with the ISD inside through hyperspace?)

13. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    I should have the next update of this finished on Sunday, but i have a question:

Do you think i could call a new ship-class (guess trice which kind of ship) "Retributor"-class? Does this make sense, does it sound intimidating, or does it sound cheesy and is something somebody from a Kindergarten would have thought up?

14. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    You could call it Retribution-class. Unfortunately, Retributor isn't an actual English word :p

15. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    So is Imperator. What i mean is, would it work without being cheesy? If i can't keep Retributor, i'll probabely end up with ISD-III or IV and i already have an ISD-III (those build by Lucan), which is a different ship.

16. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    I don't think that is a good idea. It feels to comic like to me. Like the Punisher. However, I like the idea of a ISD mark XXXXXXX even less.

How about lending a name from a other Sci Fi series, like Star Trek? Like the Prometheus class. You could then name the rest of the fleet after the greek gods.

Or like name them after the beings associated with death: Necromancer, Lich, Dreadlord, Daemon...

17. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Sorry, that this isn't an update, but the new chapter is growing and growing without finding an end.

As for the ship-name:

First there are no greek gods in SW (and Prometheus isn't a god, he is a titan).

Second, it should sound like an imperial warship-class. You know, like Acclamator, Vindicator or Executor.

I also would like to include the payback-motive into the name, although Avenger sounds worse than Retributor, if you ask me.

Wait, i think i have it.

18. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Alright, i've had enough. I split this chapter in two parts. I hope you enjoy the first of it. Tell me, what you think and have a nice evening.

The Tale of Darth Vader's Son

"To compensate for the destruction of the first DeathStar at Yavin, the Emperor - urged on by Darth Vader - orders KDY engineer Lira Wessex to rush into production a new class of gargantuan ship. Eventually designated Executor-Class after the vessel assigned to Vader's personal use and commanded by Admiral Ozzel, it is usually referred to in Rebelslang as "Super Star Destroyer" - a term, that covers many warship-classes bigger than a Star Destroyer, from Star Cruisers to ultimate Star Dreadnoughts like Executor. Over one hundred times more massive than a common Star Destroyer and almost twelve times as long, the Executor bristles with more than 5,000 turbolasers and ioncannons and carries wings of starfighters." Inside the Worlds of StarWarsTrilogy, page 47.

---

For some people the stars are beautiful. They provide light and warmth for the living. For others their light is cold, uncaring, simply a byproduct of their existence. And some people have stopped to take notice of them at all for they are absorbed by matters of much greater importance. Or so they like to think. They´ve stopped to see, what has always been there and - considering their by comparison insignificant lifespans this is even true to some degree - will always be there.

An imaginary observer would have witnessed the following things: Standing in the emptiness of space he would have seen the bulge of the galactic core in the centre of his sight. At the edge of his vision to the left side he would see one of the spiral-arms emerging from the main body of the galactic disk, at the right side he would see the disk of stars and gases becoming thinner and thinner. Given some astrophysical knowledge about galactic geography the imaginary observer would have been able to define his position as being in the north-west quadrant of the galaxy, more than thirty-thousand lightyears away from its core and slightly above its major plane. Those would be the things he would see and then some more.

Where a moment ago the darkness and emptiness of space was just interrupted by the tiny sparks of starlight suddenly a large object of dark-grey colour appeared. The massive dagger was close to eighteen kilometers long and almost six wide. Accompanied was the huge warship by two bone-white, more than a hundred times smaller escorts, flanking it to the left and to the right.

The Executor-Class-Commandship "Reaper", current flagship of the Imperial Forces, had arrived in the system of ImperialBase Aurek-One.

---

Admiral Gilad Pellaeon was standing on the bridge of the "Reaper", seperated from the vacuum of space by the transparisteel-windows and looking out to Base Aurek-One, still as awed as he had been, when he had seen the base for the first time.

Stationary gravity-wave-projectors supported by Immobilizer-Class-Interdictor-Frigates and Dominator-Class-Interdictor-Destroyers created a huge sphere of space in which no hyperspace-travel was possible. The first layer of defenses for Aurek-One consisted of a number of mine-fields, followed by scores of Golan-Battlestations, that surrounded the main complex of the huge shipyard-facility. Groups of ships, none smaller than a Vindicator-Class-Frigate and centered around Allegiance- and Imperator-Class Star Destroyers patroled inside the interdiction-field, protecting the base. All those efforts were commanded and coordinated by a sister-ship of the "Reaper", another Executor-Class-Commandship, that was missing a large section of its bow. Swarms of TIEs and Assaultboats completed the picture.

A code was transmitted from the "Reaper" and a moment later the big ship recieved an answer. Only then dared the large Star Dreadnought to enter the defense-perimeter of the double-system of Taupan and Taupen.

The base was located at the Lagrange-point of a double-planet-system, since the twin-worlds of Taupan and Taupen were of

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I can see the new "Grand Moff" allying himself with Lucan. And Lucan's new recruits would be an excellent choice for filling up all those warships the Empire have been building.

20. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    We will see.

While we are at it, any ideas how the "new" Grand Moff got his name? The first part of the solution is an anagram, the second a latin translation.

By the way, here is the next update. :)

The tale of Darth Vader's Son

Furthermore each planet to join the NewRepublic was one less world to pay taxes into the once limitless treasury, causing one financial crisis after another. This wasn't helped much by the fact, that Palpatine had always keept the left hand guessing, what the right was up to, so any attempt to streamline the enormous spending programs proved futile. All attempts to gurantee proper apportointment of credits vital to perimeter defense efforts failed. Huge sums continued to be spent on useless projects, like the long delayed palace in the Corporate Sector. - DarkEmpireSourcebook, Chapter Two.

"I'll start with the capital ships first, since this would be the most important part. To increase the effectiveness of our shipbuilding-efforts star destroyers and ships above are being build only here, at ORD Trasi, YagaMinor and Bastion. A fifth large shipyard is under construction at Dubrillion, but won't be finished in another four months. All smaller yards, including our hyperspace-capable deepdocks concentrate largely on Carracks, Strikes, and ImperialAssaultFrigates (for this story the ImperialAssaultFrigate is the same kind of ship as the "RandEcliptic" in the Empire-Comic "Darklighter")." Pilum looked up from his notepad. "We have to be careful to not neglect the construction of support- and supply-vessels like tenders and transports."

"We have to go after the NewRepublicDefenseForce first. Only after that should we worry how we can take care of their worlds." stated Pellaeon. "Now how many additional ships can we expect and when?"

Bertal Pilum cleared his throat. "Since we successfully tested the first five Star Destroyers of the Imperator-III-Class during the construction of the first batch of ships from this facility, we decided to completely stop building the older ISDs. Together with the larger vessels that were already under construction then, the last of them can be turned over to their crews within the next two weeks. Alone here at Aurek-One we have two Executor-Class-Star Dreadnaughts, eight Superiority-Class-Star Battlecruisers, eighty Allegiance-Class-Star Cruisers and twohundred-fourty Imperator-Class-Star Destroyers MarkIII, each of them twenty percent more powerful, than an ISD-II with only a quater of the crew. We also have nine-hundred-sixty Assault-Frigates and one-thousand-nine-hundred-twenty Carracks."

"On first sight this sounds impressive. But those are barely the Star Destroyers of ten sector-groups. The smaller ships aren't even enough for two." commented Disra.

"That isn't correct, Disra, since we need three months for a Star Destroyer, but only one for a Carrack or CorellianCorvette. So while we were still working on all those Star Destroyers and Star Cruisers we finished another thousand-ninehundred-twenty AssaultFrigates and three-thousand-eight-hundred-fourty Carracks. Did you never wonder, where all those ships pouring into your sector were coming from?"

"There weren't that many ships "pouring" into my sector." the Moff of Braxant-sector shot back.

"Evenly distributed over more than hundred sectors, there aren't many ships for each individual sector." stated Priem. "And it wouldn't have made sense to sent them against the NewRepublic. Not without Star Destroyers."

"Correct. But the ships completed now can be sent against the NewRepublic. Or, to be more precise, after the NewRepublicDefenseForce." added Gilad Pellaeon. Then he turned to Bertal Pilum. "What about the other shipyards?"

"Let me first explain that contrary to Aurek-One our other shipyards are also occupied with the maintainance of our ships already in service and the construction of non-warships, like freighters and transports. As i already said we have to be careful to not neglect those, so we can't cut down their numbers any further in favour of warships. Aside

21. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    I still think that Lucan should link up with Pellaeon. Pellaeon shouldn't object too much if he find out what Lucan's like.

It's nice to know there are Imperial loyalists still out there willing to give a credit to help quash the anarchists and rebel scum.

Will Kir Kanos show up anywhere?

It's about time that the Imps started using all availiable resources to them. And the Corporate Sector paid their overdue tax bills.

I hope that Lucan won't take too much of a bite out of Pellaeon's officer corps.

22. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Tierce? Now there's a plot development!

And it would be nice for the Empire's man-power problems to simply disappear if and when Lucan joins/takes over the Remnant.

23. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    No, no, Lucan needs his fresh-trained recruits for his own ships.

But there is a reason i wrote this into the last update:

""Should operation "Furry Critter" succeed the man-power-problem should be solved forever." stated Priem confidently."

Now what could "Furry Critter" be referring to?

24. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Now what could "Furry Critter" be referring to?

As long as it has nothing to do with Tribbles :p

25. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    No, no tribles. But a species several people in the GFFA have an aversion against.

Since I am at it, here is the next part. Not much action, but an appetizer for the things to come and the introduction of a few new characters.

See you.

The Tale of Darth Vader's Son

Force Superiority, at a minimum, has three battle squadrons and a full- strength light squadron, with total ship strength around 90 (three of which are Imperial Star Destroyers).
    The ImperialSourcebook, Chapter 8.

Luke Skywalker walked through the corridors of the former ImperialPalace, which now housed the government of the NewRepublic. Not all parts of the mountain-sized building had been damaged beyond repair during the imperial re-capture and imperial civil war more than three years ago. Appearing calm and confident on the outside the Jedi-Master was worried by the growing concern and anxiety he felt the closer he got to the inner circles of power. Worried by the concern and the reasons for it.

"Are things already that bad?" Luke Skywalker wondered.

It didn't came as a surprise to him, that the lower echelons were less worried, after all they didn't have as much access to classified information than their superiors and they probabely also didn't have to worry about being executed, should the empire take over again. But if the anxiety the Jedi-Master felt from the higher officials of the NewRepublic was justified, the situation was a lot worse, than suggested by the news available to the general public. He contemplated the benefits and problems a complete access on information of the public news-services could have and - not for the first time - decided with some regret, that things were better the way they were. While the majority of individual beings wasn't violent or unreasonable, groups of people were a totally different matter. Under the influence of group-dynamics the combination of not adressed basic fears, misinformation and disappointed faith could quickly lead to hysteria, panic and anger, which would lead to confusion, riots and chaos, in other words, things you didn't need in a war.

"Leia should be able to tell me, how things really are." Luke thought. Meditating for the entire night the Jedi-Master had decided about his own contributions to the war-effort, searching for ways how he and his small number of students could help to bring an end to this destructive conflict. He was here to talk with his sister about that and to make sure, that she was well. "Working in such an atmosphere can't be good. Leia has probabely the hardest part, being the head of government. With all that stress pouring down on her, she has no time or space to deal with "other" matters." Luke Skywalker carefully refused to call the "other" matter by its name.

He remembered very well how shattered and distracted he had been after Darth Vader's revelation about their relationsship at Bespin, how long he had needed to recover from that stroke and to come to terms with it. A long time, where he had been of little use for his friends as well as for the rebellion. And Leia didn't have the luxury of a time out. Luke Skywalker was well aware, that his sister - to be able to do her job- had to put the "other" matter away, into some drawer of her brain until she found the time and space to deal with it. But the Jedi-Master also knew, that an object of that magnitude wouldn't - couldn't - stay there on its own and allow itself to be forgotten. It would be working on Leia's barriers to get out, eat away at her resolve, until it freed itself at the worst possible moment.

Not for the first time Luke was grateful for the presence of Han and the children. Her family was Leia's anchor, the foundation for her sense of what was right and wrong, without them she would probabely sooner or later loose herself in the world of politics and galactic affairs, removed from the mundane world of ordinary beings.

"Becoming a Jedi would have removed her from the "normal" world, too." Luke thought with dry amusement. Suddenly it didn't seem to be so bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.