main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The tale of Darth Vaders Son - A SW - AU (please be nice and post a lot of comments)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Jul 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    Sorry bout not calculating but i sure as hell suck in maths...

Cool update and wicked numbers m8... I guess the imps are gonna "land" into a hotzone?

2. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    You forget the "Spectres" stealth-armour and that the Ogradevi have no ftl-drives and sensors.

As for the numbers:
    The destroyers are only slightly longer than a corellian Corvette, the battleships as big as Carrack-Cruisers and the Carriers smaller than an Interdictor-Cruiser or a Katana-Dreadnought.

3. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Yes but unless the tech advantage is to big in favour for the imps the Ogradevi will be able to bite cause of their numbers, right? Or suicide ramming..

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    This is flying completely over my head.

5. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Then stop thinking and enjoy the story.

Here we go!

The tale of Darth Vaders Son

The "Spectre" dropped out of hyperspace at the fringe of the system. Despite that, Captain Priem felt a shudder running down his spine when he saw the dark glow of the red sun.

Remembering what he had learned in the courses about astronomy at the Imperial Academy, he quickly realized, that this star had reached on of the last stages of its development. Once a typical star it had been to small to go nova, instead, when its own mass hadn't been enough anymore to keep its expanding energies and matter together, it had expanded, probably swallowing the inner planets of its system and increasing in diameter by a factor of three-hundred.

Here in this system, they wouldn't find any forms of live. If they had somehow survived the expansion of their sun, the radiation would have killed them.

Priem sighed. They had wasted their time and it was doubtful that Lucan Vader was pleased by this. He turned to his superior.

"Sir, it looks like ..." Priem was interrupted by an officer from the sensor-station, who handed him a data-pad.

"Please read." ordered Lucan Vader.

"As you wish." Priem cleared his throat. "This was once and is still a big system. The red star has a diameter of three-hundred-eighty million kilometres or twenty-one light-minutes and its outer surface has a temperature of only 4,500 degrees above absolute zero. Heavy elements in high concentrations. Our sensors also discovered two gas giants and six solid planets. One in the inner system, the other five in the outer system. Unusual is, that the gas giants have only a small number of moons by comparison to other systems. We didn't get better scans, because the rest-radiation of the star is to great and from our point of view the inner system is hidden by two of the planets."

"Very well." confirmed Lucan Vader. "Plot a micro-jump close to the third planet. We'll have a look in the inner system." His eyes became slits, but Priem wasn't able to see this, since the young Lord Vader was wearing his helmet. "And prepare the ship for battle and make sure that our own emissions are lowered as much as possible. We don't want them to detect us to soon."

Priem shook his head. There were no signs of live on the planets nor on the moons. This system was as dead as a system could be. For once Lucan Vader's instincts were wrong on something. And although Priem feared the reaction to this failure of the young Lord Vader, a part of him was looking forward to it. It would finally show that his superior was a human being after all.

Priem gave the necessary orders to the helmsmen and navigators to plot a micro-jump and ordered himself a cup of tea.

----

Sholter Roeg was one of the fighter-pilots from Settlement 7,459.

He and his comrades belonged to the 541st fighter-wing of their settlement, one of six-hundred other wings, that were launched to defend their home, all in all 21,600 fighters. As soon as they would be in reach of the enemy's forces, they would be supported by the fighters of Settlement 7,459´s battleships and destroyers.

The supreme warmaster wanted them to save fuel and he would get his wish.

Roeg didn't feel any nervousness. For the five year old it was the sixth or seventh engagement of this kind. During those struggles he had killed thirty-five enemy-fighters and participated in the destruction of one battleship and two cruiser.

Considering the high numbers of fighters participating in every engagement, the chances for something like that were very low, so his successes had been even more remarkable. If he survived and continued like this, he might be promoted sooner, perhaps become one of the Warmasters one day.

But that was dreaming. Roeg had no illusions that he had at least a million competitors. 21,600 were currently flying with him. Rising through the ranks meant getting access to the few privileges and small luxuries their society could provide. Like an own room, better food every six days or access to the fertile fema

6. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    U gotta be kiddin me... U aren't gonna leave me hang like this are u? Now get back here and post the rest!

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Agreed!! Are they going after Lucan's ship or gonna attack the New Republic?

8. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Are you kidding? Without a working ftl-drive they would need 2 years to the next starsystem of their cluster, if they somehow would manage to reach 100%c. How should they be able to attack anything?

Of course, with the help of an angel, ah... devil ... .

Who knows?

The "Spectre" dropped out of hyperspace again after making a small microjump towards the third of the remaining planets. Only seconds later the alarm-klaxons started to sound.

"Sir, we detected two groups of ships around ninety million kilometres away from us. Total numbers are twelve-thousand-one-hundred capital and more than ninety-thousand fighters."

Priem choked on his tea and spit some of it to the floor. "Are you drunk man?" he growled after finally catching his breath. "Check your sensors."

"The sensors work with maximum accuracy," Lucan Vader stated.

"Then something is deceiving them. Such a huge number of ships in a barren system is impossible. With all due respect, Sir, it makes no sense."

"Perhaps not for us, but obviously for those people. We are in need of more information." Lucan Vader turned to the sensor-operator. "Any signs that they have discovered us?"

"No, Sir, nothing indicates that our presence was discovered."

"Excellent. In that case we can lean back and observe. And shut down those klaxons. Anything else about the inner system?"

Priem still felt obliged to protest. "Sir, I don't think it wise to stay in this position. We are clearly outnumbered and we know nothing about their weapons."

Lucan Vader looked at Priem. The Captain of the "Spectre" was a competent officer with a lot of potential, but he was also only an ordinary human. It spoke matters in his favour, that he cared for the safety of his ship. He knew that many things he, Lucan Vader, did, were in many cases too daring for the mere human.

"Don't worry, Captain. Even with light-speed they would need five minutes to reach us, if they detect us at all."

"Five minutes, one micro-jump and they will be here in SECONDS." answered Priem.

"Yes." answered Lucan calmly. "IF they can make micro-jumps."

"If they can make micro-jumps? You think they can't travel faster than light?" asked Priem.

"Yes, that is exactly what I think." stated the young Lord Vader.

"What about the ships we discovered in the other systems, Lord Vader? They are of similar, if not the same design and are obviously built by the same species. How have they reached those systems without hyperdrives?"

"As much as it flatters me that you obviously think me to be omniscient, I have no idea. You have a point of course, but the fact that there are so many ships in this system and the fact that we have never heard or seen anything of those people before suggests that they are limited to this system. In the past that might have been different, but today it has to be as I calculated. I'm sure we will find out in time what happened here. I ..., yes, what is it?"

The sensor-operator had returned. "Sir, we have completed the first passive scans of the area. Active scans weren't used to avoid detection."

"Excellent. What have you found?"

"Well, the smaller group of ships seems to originate from a point seventy million light-years away from our current position. What we discovered there was this." The operator handed his superiors a datapad. Lucan Vader and Priem looked on the screen.

"Interesting." muttered the dark Lord.

"Interesting isn't the word I would have chosen." grunted Priem. "First this huge fleet and now this. I wonder if things can get even better."

"Oh, I'm sure they can." stated Lucan Vader with a chuckle. "After all the attackers have to come from somewhere, too. So there are at least two of those stations."

The screen on the datapad showed a disk-like structure. According to the measurements the disk had a height of four-hundred kilometres and a diameter of four-thousand kilometres. It was huge, it was dark, it was ugly.

And an awe-inspiring testimony of the abilities of the people who had built it.

9. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    WOW... Loved Lucan's humor and the hints u gave... Gimme more soon!

10. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Ahhhhhhh, shame on me.

And shame on my beta-reader for not pointing out an obvious idiotie.

In the last post it has to be "...seventy million kilometers" not seventy million lightyears. A starsystem this big would host an entire cluster of galaxies.

BTW, am i talking to much about tech???

11. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah, I was just gonna point that out. But can't you edit it?

12. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    I´ll try to limit the techno-babble as much as possible, but there are several problems with it:

a) since the Ogradevi were isolated from the main-stream galactic civilisation, they and their technology are very different from what we have seen in the SW-EU. Different social and historical development, different technological paths.

b) the importance of technology for modern warfare can´t be underlined enough.

Tech has a great impact on WHAT you can do and WHAT NOT. For warfare it is as important as the intelligence, the logistic and the moral of your troops and all the other matters you base your strategy on.

Not even Grandadmiral Thrawn would have succeded in defending his homeworld against the attack of a single Corellian Gunboat, if his only ships would have equaled the technological standard of an 20th century earth-like spaceshuttle.

While you still need men with guns in their hands to conquer and to occupy foreign territory, technological superiority makes things easier. A recent example is the war in Afghanistan. The only losses for the US-Forces before the ground-campeign and by accidents was ONE man, while at the same time the military infrastructure, majority of tanks and the entire ground-to-air-defences of the Taliban was eliminated.

c) I like playing with technologies. I´m also a big Tom Clancy-fan. Not necessarily for some of his political views and his HURRAY-patriotism, but for the detailed discriptions of tech and its consequences on the battle-field.

Problem is, i´m playing with fictional concepts of tech and although i try to make them as realistic as possible, sooner or later i´ll be in conflict with same of the basic foundations of physics or other natural sciences as a whole.

d) there are enough, how should i say "main-stream" fan-fictions out there. They are good at drama, characters and even at the overall plot, but not on war (and this is StarWars), detailed descriptions on battles and the stuff connected to it.

13. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Well m8 i love technobabble and i agree it adds something good to a story.

14. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Here we go again.

The Tale of Darth Vaders Son

Supreme Warmaster Tersar Frascati gritted his teeth, still trying to find out what their enemies were up to. Until now the battle had gone well. Warmaster Ghul's forces had lost ten battleships, three-hundred-twenty destroyers and more than eight-thousand fighters and were now breaking through, while at the same time five-hundred-sixty destroyers and more than twelve-thousand fighters of Praetor Abro's forces had been destroyed.

Although this was an admirable performance of Ghul's forces, Frascati knew that the balance was shifting more and more in Abro's favour, since her force's only capital losses had been destroyers and fighters so far.

So it came quite as a relief to him when his subordinates told him that five-hundred additional battleships and thousand-seven-hundred-and-fifty destroyers would join the battle soon, reinforcing Ghul's forces.

That should even the odds enough until another few thousand of the ships of settlement 7,459 could arrive, that were patrolling the space around the settlement and that were expected to arrive within thirty minutes.

But then a sensor-impulse of one of Abro's freighters caught his eye. Taking a closer look he discovered nothing suspicious, but Frascati was sure that there was something. Playing the record back he watched the tape again. There it was. Something was wrong with the sensor-image and the mass of the scanned freighter.

"No." he whispered when realisation hit him.

Frascati knew how incredible lucky he had been to discover this single one out of a few thousand contacts and all the jamming and scrambling of their sensors, but at the same time the knowledge that he could do nothing about it or that he wasn't able to warn warmaster Ghul left a bitter taste in his mouth.

The Supreme Warmaster concentrated on the status of the settlements defences. After a few moments he decided, that they could afford to launch six-hundred fighter-wings more to support Warmaster Ghul.

---

Aboard her flagship the Supreme Warmaster and praetor of settlement 7,687 Mirona Abro watched how the battle unfolded. Until now everything was going the way she had planned.

As expected the forces of settlement 7,459 had used the opportunity she had offered them to break through her formation, since the entire attack would have become pointless if she lost her carriers or her freighters. Now the enemy was moving towards the centre of her formation, while her destroyer-screen was largely intact with exception of the front of course, where the enemy had broken through.

And now it was time to close the trap.

"Tell our freighters to launch their fighters. As soon as the are launched they shall fall back and make place for the destroyers and battleships in their shadows."

---

Warmaster Ghul roared, when suddenly the doors of the storage-sections of two-thousand of the freighters opened and fighters emerged from them, each freighter carrying a wing of starfighters.

He became silent when the transports slowed down and moved to the side. Behind them battleships and destroyers became visible; they had been hidden in the mass-shadows of the transports and covered by their bulk from visual sight.

Ghul shook his head. Who would have thought it possible, that praetor Abro would commit forty percent of her entire forces to a single battle. "She must have made some alliances with other settlements to have her back free," thought Ghul. "Otherwise she couldn't have afforded to take so many ships with her."

What made sense. Since Parkas Vigland had been praetor, settlement 7,459 had been one of the richest and fastest growing settlements. The more a settlement could grow, the more people it could house and nurture and had to send less of its people and newborns into the termination-chambers. And the less people had to die, the more were available later as soldiers and workforce. With an increase in population of eighty millions every day the fragile balance of power between the thousands of settlements would have sh

15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Hmmmmmm!! Is he gonna bait the settlement forces? I wonder what he's gonna do?

Imagine tho, what those fighters could do against the galaxy if they were fitted with Imp weapons?

16. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Or Imp ships refitted to adopt the new tech.. Keep those updates coming m8!

17. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Here is the next part. Tell me, what you think of the guy.

Sholter Roeg was biting his lower lip. He had shot down seventeen fighters so far, but there were still to many of them. And not all of his comrades were as successful as he. Many of them had already been shot down. From his original wing of thirty-six fighters only three were left. The others had been shot down by enemy-fighters, the anti-starfighter-weapons of praetor Abro's capital ships or had decided to sacrifice their lives in ramming the big ships of the attackers.

Sholter's field of view was filled with fighters, ships and debris of the furious battle. Again the crosshair integrated into his cockpit-window turned red and Sholter was able to destroy another fighter. Eighteen fighters. Another three and he would be a triple-ace.

Before him a battleship came into view, its shields down. Activating his missile-launcher the young pilot jetted his fighter closer towards the three-hundred-and-sixty meter long behemoth; this gigantic vessel fired with all batteries to keep the enemy away from its unshielded hull. Sholter managed to evade the fire from the heavy cannons easily, not getting hit by the light cannons was less easy. The five year old barely noticed that he was suddenly accompanied by two other fighters from his settlement, their pilots trying the same as him.

To take this cap-ship out.

Turning his fighter to the right Sholter evaded the fire from an enemy-fighter that attacked him from the front. It collided with one of Sholter's new wing-men and vanished in a sudden explosion. The other one was shot down only seconds later by anti-starfighter-fire, but their deaths had bought the time Sholter needed to launch his missiles against the point where they would cause the most damage. At the aft-end where the superstructure met with the main hull and where the majority of the powerplants were located.

Focussing the explosive energies of their warheads in a cone-like blast the missiles detonated against the hull of the shieldless battleship, unleashing energies in the gigaton-range, ripping holes into the meter-thick, ultra-dense armour, exposing its more vulnerable interior. Only seconds later the second pair of missiles hit and then the third. Huge explosions ripped through the dying body of the once proud battleship and then it broke into two, still burning where the flames found oxygen, but not for long.

Sholter Roeg was already searching for a new target, he didn't care that he had just killed four-thousand-five-hundred beings of his own kind. They had known the risks and if they were not ready to die if necessary, they had lost nothing among the warriors.

Another enemy cap-ship had lost shields and the young man knew what was expected from him. After all he had already lost his missiles. If his death would slow the enemy down the warriors of the settlement would get enough time to prepare the repelling of praetor Abro's boarding-parties or time for reinforcements to arrive.

For a moment he thought about all the things he had wanted to do, about the children he would never sire, about the family he would never have. The only comfort was that if the raid of the enemy failed millions of people back home wouldn't have to be terminated. He might not be remembered as an individual, but as one of many who had ensured the survival of the settlement and its inhabitants. That had to be enough.

Roaring a death-cry the five year old accelerated his fighter to its top-speed in an attempt to ram the hostile battleship, but fate had other plans for Sholter Roeg.

A flak-burst forced his fighter out of its course and pointed it to the outside of the star-system, away from the battle and the settlement. Helpless Sholter Roeg had to watch as he left the battle behind, unable to do anything about it, unable to get back control over his fighter.

And while the young pilot felt betrayed for an honourable death, he had no idea that when he would return to his people nothing would be the same again.

18. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Well so far so good but i feel its to early to give an accurate judging. If u wanna make him a main character i suggest u give him some non combat headlights so we can judge his behavior there. But i suspect this is the man meeting the imps so i guess we'll c. I'll judge then k?

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I read that he was a five year old. Was that a typing mistake or is he a 5 year old clone type person with the body of a 25 year old or something?

20. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Cloning? When they have to terminate their siblings?

I was thinking that the radation of the sun caused a quicker development

21. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Well, not everywhere a year has 365 (or in case of the SW-galaxy 368) days. This is from the Ogradevis point of view after all.

Update for the "Colliding"-story is currently in the capable hands of my beta-reader and should be posted today (hope so). Expect an update on this story tomorrow or on wednesday.

22. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Well, here we are again. As promised an update.

Tersar Frascati's face showed no emotion as when Praetor Abro's forces managed to break through. Ghul had managed to slow them down and delivered a hell of a battle against their enemies, but finally the superior numbers of settlement 7,687 had made the difference. The defence-fleet had lost nine-hundred-eighty battleships and three-thousand-four-hundred destroyers. How many fighters had been destroyed he could only guess.

It was only a small consolation that their enemy had paid a very high price for that victory: one-hundred-and-seven carriers, one-thousand-three-hundred-forty-five battleships, four-thousand-nine-hundred-seventy-four destroyers and five-hundred freighters were the capital ships destroyed on praetor Abro's side.

Better were the new established communications with other fleets of settlement 7,459 that would arrive on the battlefield within twenty-five minutes. Until then, he would have to slow them down on his own.

The eyes of the Supreme Warmaster tore into the freighters and transport covered by destroyers and battleships, closing in with HIS settlement. Each of the troop-transports carried four-thousand troops and their equipment and there were still enough freighters left to raid the settlement for the construction-materials of two days. If they were successful with their raid, he would have to send not ten million beings, but one-hundred-and-sixty millions over the next two days into the termination-chambers to keep the population stable.

It was a terrible thought. Frascati had somehow become used to the termination of five million of his peoples children, weak and old ones every day, but one-hundred-and-sixty million...

Even the losses suffered in this battle so far were insignificant compared to that.

----

Supreme Warlord Mirona Abro of settlement 7,897 wasn't satisfied with the way the battle was going. Her strategy with the battleships and destroyers hidden in the sensor-shadows of her transports and the additional fighters carried by the freighters had paid off, but the furious fighting of the defenders had nearly made up for it. Fortunately she had taken the additional fighters with her, without them her losses in capital ships would have been much higher.

What concerned her now was the small time-frame she and her boarding-parties had available to raid the material stores of their enemies.

"Competitors," she thought sadly. "Not enemies. We all belong to the same people." A species forced to live under nearly intolerable conditions, thanks to a chain of unfortunate events in its past, limited to the resources of a single system, while there was a Galactic Republic out there with access to an entire galaxy of resources.

It wasn't fair. It was an injustice. But one day it would change. It simply had to. And then the Galaxy and the Republic would pay.

----

On the bridge of the "Spectre" Lucan Vader, Captain Priem and a number of leading officers were observing the events taking place in the system. More than eleven-thousand capital ships and an unknown number of fighters had been destroyed on both sides. The battle had been more fierce than anything else even those war-hardened soldiers had seen. And they had seen a lot over the years.

Now the attackers had managed to break through and were moving towards the huge artificial body of the station, while the remaining defenders were trying to regroup. It was obvious that they would attack again, as soon as they were able to do so.

"I wonder if battles like this are a common thing in this system or if this is a single event like the beginning of a civil war," said Priem.

"Why do you think this may be a single event?" his Dark Lord responded, curious.

"We just completed a long-range-scan." answered the Captain of the "Spectre". "We haven't found any kind of debris that would be related to a massacre on that scale."

"Yes, but if they lived in this system for thousands of years without fighting each other like this

23. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    *Thunderous applause*

I love this story!!

24. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Don't u mean the Most Wicked Evil looking :D

gimme more and gimme more soon!!! :D

25. FTeik