main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The tale of Darth Vaders Son - A SW - AU (please be nice and post a lot of comments)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Jul 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Sorry for being late, but with this high temperatures things develop a little slower.

Here is an update.

The tale of Darth Vaders Son

Moments ago Shoelter Roeg had been ready to die. Ready to die without fear or regrets. He had been calm and at peace with himself and the universe. Now nothing of that was left.

The thoughts of the five year old were a mess. Shoelter wanted nothing more than to make himself as small as possible and to hide inside his cockpit. All the horror-stories and fairy-tales of the evil Jedi and their servants the Galactic Republic flashed through his mind. As a child he had always feared that one day the Jedi would come and take him away and make him one of their own, just as they had done in the past with other children. The fact that the last case of this kind had been more than two-thousand years ago changed nothing in Sholter's fear-filled mind.

But what did they want?

Where they here to complete what they hadn't managed during the first war? Had they been observing the Ogradevi for all those years and if so, why did they show themselves now? Had there been a major breakthrough in one of the settlements and the Republic wanted to take care of it? Or did the ship simply belonged to a group of observers he, Sholter, had only discovered by accident?

Watching the black ship grow bigger and bigger the young pilot suddenly realized how foolish all the dreams and speeches about revenge were as long as the Ogradevi were not able to travel with faster-than-light-speed. A small fleet of ships like this one could destroy one settlement after the other without forewarning and jump to the next one before reinforcements could arrive or the assaulted would be able to react.

Slowly the young pilot calmed down, while those thoughts were running through his mind, and Sholter Roeg changed back from a fear-filled bundle into the cold and experienced warrior he was supposed to be. For now he wasn´t able to cause any damage, but as soon as they took him aboard ...

Now that he was his old self again, Sholter's trained mind was able to see the black leviathan for what it was.

A marvellous piece of engineering, a warship as powerful as it was elegant, with a triangular main hull like his own fighter, flat angular faces that gave excellent field of fire for all its cannons and a terraced superstructure with a huge bridge-tower at its aft end. Its black hull made it nearly invisible for the naked eye and Sholter had no doubt that the black material was able to damp his sensors and it would be close to the impossible to detect the ship even with active sensors.

This ship was a hunter, a deadly predator and somehow Sholter Roeg had no doubt that was a perfect description of its commander.

----

Lucan Vader watched through slitted eyes out of the bridge-windows. He had been able to detect the lone fighter with the Force long before it came into view of his eyes.

The initial shock of the alien pilot didn't come unexpected, but the fact he had more than simply xenophobic fear, accompanied with an impression of impotent fury; that was a surprise, even for the heir of Darth Vader.

He had to make sure that this lone pilot wasn't going to try something stupid.

Like opening fire on the "Spectre" or activating the self-destruct of his fighter, as soon as he was inside the hangar.

So he had started with utmost care to influence the upset and confused mind of the alien pilot, trying to calm him and to slow his more aggressive tendencies down. It was a difficult exercise since he had to execute mind-control over a longer period than usual and the object of his attempts was in an unstable state of mind. Under such conditions it often happened that the person meant to be influenced didn't even react to the sublimate impulses of the Force.

However at the moment the confusion was of advantage for the young Dark Sider, since he had to realize, that the pilot of the fighter showed to be strong-willed. Carefully Lucan Vader influenced the mind, grateful for the lections of his mothe

2. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    Wow! Love the update! Give me MORE!

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Will he attack? Wont he? God, there are too many questions!!

4. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    I don't think Lucan will attack. I think Lucan sees the potential that lies with those people. I mean.. battlehardend crew for his starships and they dislike the OR (which easily can be transfered into dislike of the NR)

Question is: Will they trust a Jedi?

5. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Gotta say I'm looking forward to the next post - maybe we'll find the answers!

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I wasnt talking about Lucan, I was talking about the pilot dude!

7. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Oops sorry

8. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Well, all good things need their time and this story is no exception. In this part we will see how the Ogradevi look, met an annoying droid and have a "first contact"-situation.

Tell me what you think.

Silence filled the hangar. Neither of the two beings said a word; They only watched each other closely over a distance of about ten meters. Lucan Vader stared in fascination; before him stood a tall, bulky humanoid, only a little shorter than the Dark Lord. The alien wore a dark-red flightsuit, almost like the colour of dried blood, black armour covering the torso, black boots, belt and gloves. The colours of his clothing formed an impressive contrast to his dark-brown skin and the black hair that covered his head like a cap. A narrow, sharp nose above thin lips and a square chin divided the face into two sections; the eyes were disturbing, golden on black, leathery eyeballs. The section of the jaws was more massive than those of humans. Another difference Lucan Vader was able to recognize was the number of fingers on the hand of the alien being; instead of five fingers there were six and it seemed as if the sixth could be used as an opposing thumb. Interesting.

The son of Darth Vader was still able to feel the anger of his opponent. Anger only hold in check by an astounding discipline, otherwise the other one would have already attacked. For once Lucan decided to allow the other the initiative.

----

Concentrated on the man in black Sholter Roeg suppressed the sudden impulse to attack the man. That would get him nothing. So he only returned the stare he felt from the eyes hidden under the black, skull-like sculpted mask. Tall like the average Ogradevi with broad shoulders and a lean waist, black body-armour and a heavy, black cloak the dark figure looked like somebody out of age old myths.

Ogradevi of Sholter's generation didn't believe in gods, that was a habit of the older ones, but Sholter Roeg had to acknowledge that the Jedi in front of him resembled Uller, the relentless executor of justice among the gods. Ironically Uller was also the god of war, who purged the weak, the soiled ones from the face of the universe. Sholter didn't know if this Jedi's resemblance to the deity was a good sign or bad, if he was a Jedi at all.

This was something the five year old suddenly doubted. Weren't Jedi supposed to wear brown robes? And why wasn't the stranger doing something? He seemed to be waiting for Sholter to take the first step.

If that was expected from him ...

---

Lucan Vader was beginning to wonder if the shock had rendered the alien incapable of speaking. So he had just decided to try and break the silence, when the alien pilot shook his shoulders and said something.

---

"Alright, you have me," said Sholter, wondering, if the dark man would be able to understand him. Trying to show no fear he shook his shoulders, although he suspected it of being a useless gesture, since the other one could easily read his emotions. "Now whats going to happen with me?" the five year old asked.

---

Lucan Vader turned to the protocol-droid he had taken with him to the hangar.

"Can you understand, what he says, MC-44?"

"Of course, Master. As you know I'm capable of ..."

"Thank you. Now what language is this? And what did he say?" Lucan suppressed a sigh. Why was it, that this protocol-droids, even the military communicators, no matter the model, always had to brag about their abilities?

"He acknowledged, that his fate is in your capable hands, Master Vader and expressed his curiosity about your future plans for him." answered MC-44. "Besides he uses an ancient form of basic, one spoken ten-thousand years ago."

An ancient form of basic. The kind of basic spoken during the time of the battles in the other systems of the cluster. Interesting. "So you are able to communicate with him?" Vader's heir queried.

"If I can understand him, I should be able to talk to him." sneered MC-44. "After all I'm not a human with limited language-abilities."

"Perhap

9. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Sholter has nooooooooo idea what he's getting himself into.

BTW, "Apology accepted...Grim Reaper!"

10. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    WOW.. I agree. He doesn't know where he's getting himself into. But can't wait to see more! Gimme! :D

11. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    My humblest apologies, but it will take some time till the next update.

Up!

12. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Not the thing i wanted to read but at least you gave us a heads up...

13. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Its been a while, but here we are again.

Meanwhile the battle continued.

Screened by their fighters, destroyers and battleships the troop-transports from Settlement 7,687 managed to dock with the main hull of Settlement 7,459.

That hadn't been an easy accomplishment, since they had been grated by the heavy intervallers, MAC-Cannons and missile-launchers of the station. They had lost several battleships and destroyers and a few hundreds of fighters until they had managed to clear a landing-zone. Now their landing ships were below the horizon of the cannons of their enemies and the defending Ogradevi couldn't use their missiles for fear of damaging their own settlement. Five minutes after the first transport had made contact with the settlements hull its four-thousand troops dropped into the corridors and halls of Settlement 7,459.

They were only the first of many more.

----

"Sir, the enemy has managed to board sector seven-two-thirteen," reported one of the operators.

"I can kind of see that for myself," stated Tersar Frascati with acid in his voice. From this sector it was only one kilometre to the settlement stores in that area. "Close every entrance and access-hatch to this sector and every door within. Our troops shall guard the entrances against every attempt to break through."

"We are not going to engage them?" came a somehow enraged request.

The Supreme Warmaster looked at his displays again. Until now eight ships had docked with the settlement. Thirty-two-thousand troopers.

"We'll wait till another eight-thousand of their troopers have left their ships. THEN we will increase the artificial gravity in this section and AFTER that we will sent our troops in."

"That isn't going to slow them down for long. We can't increase the gravity in the necessary scales for long or the projectors will burn through." stated another operator.

"A risk we have to take. The projectors will be easy to replace. Easier than other important components. You can also tell the troops, that they have permission to use every measure necessary to beat them back. No matter the damage."

"That could cause extreme damage to this sector of the settlement," ne of the officers dared to protest.

"I know. But our reinforcements will be here within less than twenty minutes and then we can clear our hull from those transports. In that case the invading soldiers have no way of retreat and no prisoners will be made, as you all know. If we attack them with all available force now, the total damage will be limited to a by comparison small area of the station."

----

Second Fightmaster Alkun from Settlement 7,687 moved carefully through one of the corridors of Praetor Frascati's settlement. Four men of his team were in front of him, the other five behind him. The enemy had cut off the energy for the lamps in this sector of his settlement, but that wasn't enough to slow the men from Settlement 7,687 down. After millennia of struggles under the most difficult conditions, the Ogradevi had developed close-quarter-combat to an art-form. So the sensors in their helmets provided them with excellent sight. Their entire environment was shown in different shades of blue. Possible dangers and targets would be shown in orange or red. A small display supported Alkun's men with a map of the area they were in. Another display informed the Fightmaster about the status of his men. The darkness inside the corridors was no problem for them.

But something else could be and Alkun wondered why their enemies hadn't already tried to use the artificial gravity against them. He hadn't finished that thought when an invisible fist hit him and threw him and his men to the ground.

Everywhere in this section of Settlement 7,459 similar scenes were taking place.

----

"Artificial gravity reaches six standard units," reported the operator to Tersar Frascati. "Eight, ...nine, ...ten..."

The Supreme Warmaster could see the boarding troops of Mirona Abro's forces lying on the floor. He could clear

14. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    A ground battle. Not what i usually expect from a SW universe story. Loving every second of this story, so keep them coming!

15. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    No ground-battles in the SW-Universe? How about Hoth, Endor, Naboo or Geonosis?

Okay, okay, lets forget Endor and Naboo (Grrr, have i told you, that i hate Ewoks? Why couldn´t they be Wookiee-Slaves? This way Chewbacca would have been the hero of the day, not C-3PO).

Enough of my rants and on with the story:

Similar scenes were taking place everywhere in the corridors of this special section of Settlement 7,459. Teams of invaders fought teams of defenders.

In the narrow corridors the defenders were nearly always victorious since their goal was to slow their enemies down and the extensive use of grenades and massive fire worked to their advantage, while the invading troops found no cover from the fire of their enemies. However, they didn't die easily and the defending Ogradevi had to pay a high price in their efforts to win the section back.

The situation was different in the bigger rooms and halls and the larger corridors that connected the hangars and matter-transformers with the material-stores and the construction-facilities. For the invading Ogradevi from Settlement 7,687 it was easier to assemble their troops and reinforce their fight-teams than for their opponents and they could make use of heavier weapons than the defenders with their double-barrelled carbine-wielders, who had to spread their fire over a larger area and therefore were unable to concentrate their fire.

----

First Fightmasters Sitak's fight-group formed the tip of the first wave inside one of the greater halls. Behind them were several hangars and they were currently passing the docking and maintenance-area behind those hangars. They were inside a hall nearly hundred meters high, five kilometres wide and two kilometres deep. What meant that they had to cover two kilometres, while taking care to not be attacked from the sides.

Sitak's group consisted of forty men or four fight-teams, each team commanded by a Second Fightmaster. One of those four teams was a light artillery-team, equipped with two Mobile-Assault-Platforms. Each platform carried a heavy intervaller, two MAC-guns with firing-rates of hundred shots per second and four ordinary laser-cannons. They were moving on two rows of caterpillars and able to project a half-spherical shield. The light artillery-team formed the centre of Sitak's formation, two of his other teams moving in front and at the side, searching for possible threats and ambushes, the third team covering their back.

A frown crossed the group-leader's face. Although they were in one single, huge hall the terrain was difficult. Parts of incomplete starships, various engines, containers, cranes and so on had turned the huge hall into a landscape of artificial mountains, valleys and gaps the troops of Settlement 7,687 were moving in. An area best suited for ambushes, considering that the enemy was only able to strike with small teams until he managed to bring more troops into the conquered section. It wasn't the first time Sitak had participated in a ground-battle like this, but the first one with such a small window of time. Settlement 7,459´s reinforcements were expected within twenty minutes and if Praetor Abro failed to slow them down for another hour, they wouldn't have enough time to reach the material-stores and transport the valuable stores to their transports. In the worst case Frascati's ships would drive the troop-transports away before the soldiers of Settlement 7,687 could return. In that case they would be left behind. And left behind meant death, since no settlement would spare the resources to keep several thousand prisoners alive, even if it could do so.

"Watch out!" The warning caused Sitak thoughts to return to the here and now.

"Enemy on Two-Sixty." That was to the right and high above. Sitak dropped to one knee and allowed the two Mobile-Assault-Platforms to pass him, while invisible laser-bolts, only made visible by the sensors of his helmet and magnetically accelerated projectiles were hitting the ground in front of him. The First Fight

16. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Well, what do you think?

Are the tactics and strategies alright? Do i waste time with to many details? Are you even interested in ground-battles? Do you want more of the original characters?

Tell me what you want.

17. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    The only negative thing i could say is about the load of details you use (rest of the questions are yes). Well i like to know them. But i think i would have liked it better as you descibed them before the action. (for instance inside the troopcarriers just before they dock or something). But i like the current version very much as well.

18. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Well, we´ll see enough of the original characters as soon as we are finished with the Ogradevi (three or four posts), but before that i have to take care of the "Colliding"-Story.

19. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Can't wait to read what you got in store for us next :D

20. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    What a week.

First my PC goes down on Tuesday and doesn´t stand up, where i live we have thirty degrees celsius and when i finally get the bloody thing running after three days again, i have to find out, that i have been temporarily banned for using a profanity somewhere. Not to mention, that i lost the last part (four sites) of the "Colliding"-Story without safety-copy.

Sorry, but because of that you have to wait a bit longer for updates.

21. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Sounds like u have yourself some good old fashioned fun.... or not.

Anyway glad to have u back

22. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Ufff. I know, i know, its been a while, but

FINALLY THIS STORY IS UPDATED!!!!!

YIPEEE!!!

Enjoy.

Supreme Warmaster Tersar Frascati watched with satisfaction as his troops engaged the enemy?s legions. His tactic to employ small teams to ambush the hostile forces, to force them to be more careful and to slow them down, had paid of. He had gotten enough time to concentrate his troops on the exits of the hall.

And now they were engaging the enemy.

Behind the first lines of warriors other soldiers were setting up portable blastwalls, shield-projectors and heavier, tripod-mounted weapons in a beachhead around the huge doors. They could have done so behind the gates, too, but then they would have been trapped in the comparatively narrow corridor, whereas this way they were able to build up a second line of defence, although they probably had to sacrifice the warriors fighting their counter-parts from Settlement 7,687 in the first place.

It was a good thing that the First Battlemaster of the boarding legion had spread his troops over the entire width of the hall; otherwise he would have been able to start a massive counter-attack immediately. But for the moment his forces closest to the now-open gates were outnumbered by Frascati?s own troops. Of course that would change soon.

But for now things were going well.

----

Frascati?s counter-part on the other side - Mirona Abro - wasn?t very happy at the moment. First of all the boarding-actions of her troops progressed much slower than anticipated, the sensors of her ships had already discovered the fleet-reinforcements of Settlement 7,459 that would be here in a quarter of an hour and finally fighters and somehow even destroyers of the original fought defence-forces commanded by Warmaster Ghul managed to break through the protective screen of her own ships and to maul the transports that were deploying troops into the Settlement.

No more than six legions had been successfully deployed so far and only one of them had managed to penetrate into enemy-territory fast enough to be in reach of the material-stores, but was now under heavy attack. The other five legions were not able to support them, because they had come under attack as well. And without new troops from Abro?s transports they would slowly by crushed. What should have been a lightning-assault was turning in a battle of attrition and in this the defenders had the advantage. While her six legions in this special section were facing only two legions of the enemy, Frascati was able to bring his troops from other sections more quickly to the battlefield than Supreme Warmaster Abro.

However Mirona?s forces still had a chance, if they managed a breakthrough quickly enough.

----

Inside the huge hall the battle raged on.

Laserblasts pierced through armour, Intervaller hit their targets like a hammer an anvil and turned walls, equipment, bones and flesh to dust. Where the matter was dissolved the molecular-binding-energy was turned into heat and clouds of dust and vapour filled the places. The shockwaves from exploding grenades threw soldiers through the air, where the shrapnel managed to penetrate the flexible parts of the gears worn by the Ogradevi limbs turned limp. A veil-like, flexible fabric that connected their helmets with their body-armour however protected their necks; in some ways it resembled the helmets of imperial Snowtroopers, in that the fabric was fixed to the armour and covered with tine plates of the same material as the main armour.

Nevertheless, both sides started to face heavy losses. As in the space-battle before the defenders managed a breakthrough through the widespread enemy-lines, but had this been intended and expected during the space-battle, here it turned into a disaster for the invading forces. While they were still hurrying to bring their troops together, the defending Warriors who had broken through turned around and attacked the broad line of the Ogradevi from Settlement 7,687 from behind. On the other side their limit

23. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Sit, watch and offer a solution. Best tactic in the world. Great update keep them coming!

24. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    There seems to be a (technical) communications-problem with my beta-reader. But don´t worry, i´m confident we can have a new update soon.

25. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Next part is in the making, but i don´t get into contact with my beta-reader (or he with me, i don´t know what) so don´t worry and have a little patience.

And pray, that things don´t come to the worst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.