main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The tale of PT Trivia - the show must go on

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    What's up, peeps who browse the PT section and trivia game competitors

Round VIII, my third time hosting, just ended with our first co-champions: cubman987 and Darth Chiznuk

And I want to say, it's been a LOT of fun, truly. I'm grateful to have had the privilege, and I'll miss hosting the game. It's been nearly a year since I took up the role, before I was a mod. But three games, 45 questions, and countless late answer reveals later, it's time for me to pass the torch of PT Trivia Host to somebody else

This time, there was a secret! I began my last game with the promise of a month's colours/recognition of victory. Then both winners already had special colours, but that's beside the point, so please do note they do get the recognition they earned. Anyway. There was another prize to go to the winner I kept complete secret right up until now! The real prize of this round would be the offer to host Round IX and however far beyond my successor would like to take it

Taking over as Trivia Host is a proved great user who continually positively contributes to JCF as a community, especially in the PT section, and a certainly qualified one I am oh so happy to pass the torch to:

CUBMAN987
    Cub's gonna do a great job coming up with the next round of questions, so everyone, please give a round of applause to the one who's definitely fit for and fought to earn the role of Trivia Host! ​
    Good luck, dude. It'll be one hell of a great experience, I promise you that​

2. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Congrats cubman987! Maybe I'll try guessing a few answers in the next round. :p

Valency Jane and cubman987 like this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Seagoat you'll be sorely missed! I couldn't have asked for a better successor myself! Good luck, cubman! You're gonna be great!

4. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Seagot's hostship in two lines:
    "Answers due next Friday
    (next month)
    K here's the answer"

But srsly, thanks!

As both former hosts, you and I have gotta keep a close eye on Cub and scrutinize every single letter of each post he makes

jk. He's gonna do great

5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to hosting! I'll try to get the signup post up in the next day or two and start coming up with a list of good questions.

Thanks again to Seagoat for hosting the last few, I had a great time winning the last two contests :)

6. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Just so you know, you don't have to follow the same rules I used. You can come up with your own rules if you want

(As it is, I started off plagiarizing Chiz's rules before branching out into my own system....)

Sepra and Valency Jane like this.
  7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Okay cool....I'll probably do something pretty similar the first time around but might come up with some new twists.

Sepra, Valency Jane and Seagoat like this.
  8. Inanna

Inanna Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    Seagoat, I enjoyed playing my first Trivia game. I look forward to playing again with cubman987 as host. Maybe I will have a better chance of winning my next game since one of my fiercest competitors is ineligible to play due to him hosting.

Inanna

9. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    This is all so exciting. :D Congrats Darth Chiznuk and cubman987 on the tie, it shows what vast knowledge you have of the PT and gives the rest of us something to aspire to, especially those of us who haven't watched them as much or are relative newbies like myself. :p

Seagoat you were a great host, it was fun to follow everyone after being eliminated super early on lol. :p And congrats and good luck with the hosting gig cubman987, it'll be fun to see what you have in store as the new PT trivia host!! [face_party]

One more goat gif, with Chiznuk and Cubman in the purple vests and Seagoat in the grey. :p

[​IMG]

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I will not be taking part in the next game but I will enjoy following along. Good luck to everyone who plays. Obviously you'll have more of a chance to win now that I'm not playing...

Sorry I had to be a smartass one last time. :p

11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Wait, so neither reigning champion will be in the next tournament?

Sweet, I might be in with a shot a the title!

:p

12. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    I'm glad I made it enjoyable

And very good job getting second place. You'll do well in Cub's trivia game for sure

Glad you enjoyed my game even post-elimination! :)

And you can never have enough goat gifs. Never

Valency Jane and darkspine10 like this.
  13. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Congrats cubman987!

Seagoat, you were a host, and I couldn't have asked for a later one. My bribes never worked either so you were honest and will be missed.

Seagoat, cubman987 and darkspine10 like this.
  14. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Hey everyone I'm going to try to get the sign up post for the next round either today or tomorrow so keep an eye out for it .

Valency Jane and Seagoat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.