main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA The Tale of the Toxic Turkey

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    In a recent post I made a comment about the Toxic Turkey and have been asked to explain by a few that have not heard the story.

The Toxic Turkey came about when my ex-employer purchased three turkeys for Thnaksgiving in 2003. These turkey's weighed bewtween 23-25 lbs each. They were placed in a freezer and one was cooked the week before Thanksgiving and taken to a church dinner. The second was cooked for Thanksgiving dinner and the third remained frozen.
    In the early spring of 2004 I noticed that the freezer was not keeping things as frozen as it had and I mentioned this to my ex-employer. She told me I was wrong. A couple of weeks later I found several items no longer frozen and the turkey was becoming soft. I told my ex-employer and she told me to turn off the freezer, wait 15 minutes and turn it back on. I did and the turkey got warmer. She told me to check the plugs and breakers. I did. The turkey continued to get warm. She told me to close the door to the freezer and she would look at it later. I did.
    When she finally came to the house to check the freezer it was the following day. She opened the door said that things were still cold and then turned the freezer off. She kept it off for 30 minutes and then turned it back on setting the controls to low. My ex-employer said that the freezer should be working fine. In an hour I was to turn the temperture back to the original settings. I did.
    That evening the freezer was now leaking water. I called my ex-employer to explain that this freezer was no longer working and almost everything had gone bad. She told me to put the turkey in the top freezer section of the patio refrigrator. I told her the freezer in that refrigrator did not freeze evenly meaning that one side would freeze but the other was only mildly cold. She told me I was wrong. I told her that ther turkey had already defrosted and was warm. She told me I was wrong. She then came to the house to verify that the freezer was not working and put the turkey in the refrigrator freezer herself.
    The turky became half frozen and I again told her that it had defrosted. Guess what she said to me? So I threw up my hands and decided to leave it alone.
    In July of 2004 while I was in San Diego my ex-employer bought a new freezer and when I got home I found it there with nothing inside but the turkey. Frozen solid. At that point I began to call it the Toxic Turkey.
    In November of 2004 she gave instructions for the Toxic Turkey to be defrosted for thanksgiving dinner at the church. Luckily the church changed their plans that year so the Toxic Turkey remained in the freezer. My ex-employer then wanted it cooked for Thanksgiving dinner but when it was discovered that only a few people would be there she bought a smaller turkey and the Toxic Turkey remained frozen.
    In December of 2004 the threat of the Toxic Turkey came again but she decided to go with ham instead. I had been lucky that I was not scheduled to work either of those holidays but I warned the other staff about the Toxic Turkey, yet they would not say anything. I told them that I had tried several times to make our employer understand that the Toxic Turkey had completly defrosted and begun to "turn" but she refused to believe me and would not allow it to be thrown out but insisted on placing it in a half-working freezer, and then later into the new freezer. I told them that if they would not say anything then they could cook the Toxic Turkey but I would not recommend them eating any bite of it for fear of sickness or death.
    When I left in October of this year, 2005, the Toxic Turkey was still in the freezer awaiting another holiday. I plan to go the the house and see if the Toxic Turkey remains in the freezer or is being defrosted, yet again.
    This could prove interesting. Almost 25lbs. of frozen rancid turkey waiting to be released on unsuspecting intestines.
    I have to stop smiling. Really, it is not funny. Really.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [fac

2. Boba-The-Fett

Boba-The-Fett Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    that has to be the most interesting story i have ever heard as far as thanksgiving stories go.

3. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    An update on the Toxic Turkey. It remains in the freezer. Fran, my ex-employer, bought another turkey which will be cooked today. I have to look in the freezer to see if the Toxic Turkey was still there and it was sitting there waiting for its chance.
    Well there is always Christmas.

4. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    ...another heart-warming holiday story...

[face_sick]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.