main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Teh Mole" Game

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Teh-Mole, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    You guys do remember that this isn't a social thread right? :p

I can't wait until Teh Mole is revealed. I've had fun hunting him/her down. This was the perfect Mole for the last game. Very mysterious.

2. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    The excitement makes it one. :p

3. kfel33

kfel33 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    8-} alright my answer is in :p

I'm just really happy I made it this far.
    You are good teh Mole [face_hypnotized] I could not stop singing Simply Red 'If you don't know me by now? You will never, never, never, know me':_|

4. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Guess what Mole,I just got off the phone with a pest exterminating company.
    They have a contract on you now.But before that happens,I'm going to do everything to you that I have done to OPPM. Mwahahahahahahaha [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_skull]

How do you like me now? :p

5. Teh-Mole

Teh-Mole Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 9, 2003
    And yet I live to see another day? So whose guesses are we waiting for?

That's funny, I thought it was you who was exterminated! [face_laugh]

6. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Well, all the guesses have been sent in, and one person has guessed Teh-Mole (though it looks as though someone was pretty close to guessing correctly, oh well). And Teh-Mole was...

Boba_Babe!

You played an excellent game. In fact, you were probably the best Teh-Mole to ever be... a, um, mole. Very fitting for the last game. Unfortunately, it just wasn?t quite enough to win... though it was really close.

The winner of the final Teh-Mole game is... Darth_Sammy52! She guessed Teh-Mole correctly, and will now receive a weeks worth of VIP colors. Congratulations!

So, thread will go bye-byes in a few moments. Make your peace with it, and whatnot. Also, PM me if you have any questions about the next game. I don?t know when it?ll start, but it?ll probably be a few more weeks.

Oh, and you all played an excellent game.

7. kfel33

kfel33 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Congrats Darth Sammy:)

Excellent game Boba Babe, you were a fun mole, I second guessed myself. :p

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

8. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
  9. Boba_Babe

Boba_Babe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    So close to the colors! But outwitted by Darth_Sammy! The quiet hunter who did indeed come from behind to win this! Good job!

Before this thread is locked, I want to take a moment to explain my clues, and how each one could have revealed me.

CLUE # 1: 04.00.02.03.72.32.99.05.73.32 (I messed this clue up with a wrong cut and paste) These are the years of birth of me and my family. My cat, 1 born in 04, daughter, 3 born in 02, hubby 32, born in 72, son 5 (at the time), born in 99, and me 32, born in 73. If you had looked at the numbers long enough, you could have seen the dates and ages, and I have always been forthright as Boba_Babe posting about the members of my family.

CLUE # 2: Here's one clue for LordNeo: Unscramble: I weigh 0 1 2, but not in that order.
    Neo is One, if you switch the letters around. First letter to the last makes Neo, first number to the last unscrambles my puzzle. I weigh 120, and this makes me a likely female mole.

At this point in the game I thought Agent_Skywalker had a sock, FairMaiden, which made me suspicious of him. And I whacked At-AT with a Beatrix Potter pillow in that thread, which made him suspicious of me (because I am the Mom of small kids). From that point on I had to work very hard to throw him off.

CLUE # 3: I was born on the 4th of July, but I'm not Tom Cruise and I've never been to Southeast Asia. Just a bunch of bull. My birthday is the 4th of July, but I'm not a man, and I don't live down under.

CLUES # 4, 5, 6, 7: Gimme a great big M...O...L...E... For those inspired to open a dictionary and look at my personal profile, these clues would add up. Also, I was very candid about these facts in Boba_Babe's posts.
    Matrix - means Mother in Latin. My personal profile says I am mother of 2.
    Obligato - Italian musical term, essential musical element. I am a piano teacher.
    Lacrosse - a sport. I am Canadian, and this is (or used to be - not sure about Hockey now) the official sport of Canada
    Emolument - means pay, and makes reference to Boba Fett. He was a mercenary.

CLUE # 8: The poem Climbing out of Holes was written by a Canadian author, Dennis Lee. It's in my personal profile: I'm Canadian. You could have googled this one.

The clues pointed straight to me. Otherwise, I tried to throw the game by giving my Mole a masculine persona, laughing with the typical Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!!! and being overtly cocky. I tried to balance this with a very dizzy Boba_Babe.

My plan all along was to take these players with me to the end: Kfel, KingoftheAt-Ats, Darth_Gangrenous and me. But then AT-AT posted that he knew who he was going to guess and that freaked me out. I thought for sure he meant me. So I bailed on that plan and went with the four who made it, and Darth_Sammy figured me out.

I'd like Darth_Sammy to post how she did it! Congratulations on your Win!

Edit: Here's how hard I worked to be your Mole:
    My husband brought home his laptop from work, and remotely logged in to internet access through a router to his work computer. This allowed me to be online with Babe and Mole at the same time, with two different IP addresses. I would type a message from Boba_Babe on my Mac, then type a message from Mole on the laptop, then post both messages within moments. This threw off kfel. I pulled this trick twice. Tuesday night (I think) and last night as people were sending in their guesses. Believe me, the fun I had was well worth the effort! - BB

10. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    Hehehe, me having a sock! [face_whistling] :p

And I knew it was you too! :( :p

you were a good mole! :D

11. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Congratulations Darth_Sammy52.

You were a good mole Boba_Babe.

12. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
    All I can say is: :eek: I'm shocked... Babe... that... was... sweet! I didn't susspect you a bit!! Woo! 8-} That was the best game of Teh-Mole ever!! I was thinking it was Sammy! Boy, was I wrong! Congrats by the way, Sammy! ;) And nice job as Teh-Mole, Babe!! Woo! I'm so shocked! [face_hypnotized]
    Nice job, everyone! =D=
    :( Teh-Mole... is no more...

13. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Who's extinct now Mole? [face_laugh] :p

14. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
  15. Boba_Babe

Jun 26, 2005
    Lots of extinctions! It was all a big risk. I left clues and each time I thought it was so obvious that I thought someone would guess me early. But I wanted above all else to have a fun game, and to keep those players in with me who were also having fun.

I also wanted the game to go all the way to the end, which it did. Being guessed on the last day gave me mixed feelings, because by then I really did want to win! But hey, it was all good!

I'm glad I had the chance to be the Mole! It was sooooooooooooo fun!

As for Agent_Skywalker, you did NOT know it was me for sure until the last week, and by then I gave it away to you on purpose!

WE'LL SEE YOU ALL IN A NEW GAME! Your friendly neighbourhood Mole.

16. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    [face_talk_hand] I still would've had my response in before Sammy. :p

17. Boba_Babe

Jun 26, 2005
    Bluffer. You're still bluffing. By the way, does anyone know how many Moles have actually won this game? The chances must be pretty slim.

18. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Thanks bunches, everyone. I got to say, Boba_Babe, that you were the greatest Mole this game has ever seen, and it was great hunting you down. I told you that I would come behind, and I have indeed emerged victorious.

Now I gloat:

[face_dancing] Ha, ha! I won! Boo-yah everyone! I'm the best! Whoo-hoo! [face_dancing]

(j/k :p )

But once again, thanks everyone, and congratulations to Boba_Babe for your brilliant portrayal as Teh Mole.

Hey, I just noticed something:

*coughs* I'm a guy, Daniel. ;)

19. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Congratulations, Sammy! :D =D=
    Oh, and don't forget to play around with your colors. :p

And well done to you, Babe! :)

20. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    I'm a guy, Daniel