main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The TENCLO thread

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by halibut, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Seeing as the biggest ever British fanfilm is now in production ( :p ), I thought it wise to have a thread so we can post piccies and updates etc etc. Let's show the Yanks and Aussies we can make better SW films than them!

We've been filming for 3 days, and have another 13 days to go. We start at 0800 and finish around 2330 each day, for 16 days straight. It's bloomin' exhausting!!

Anyways, here's a piccy of one of the sets. Not quite finished, but almost there. A cookie to whoever can guess where it is

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/halibut/setcorridor2.jpg]

EDIT: TENCLO is short for The Emperor's New Clones - the name of our film :)

2. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    That is soooo cool

3. mvwg3003

mvwg3003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
  4. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    We're being filmed by the BBC tomorrow (local news), and by Sky News on Saturday. That is when we're scheduled to film the scenes on the Tantive IV, so it should be a good broadcast

5. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    Sounds cool, hope it goes well.

I will look out for it on Sky News at the weekend.

What's your role Halibut? Director?

6. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    darren is the Director. I play Anakin, and work on the tech side of things :)

Hopefully it will be on Sky on Sunday. (Knowing them, it will run repeatedly throughout the day)

7. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Keep us posted on when it's going to be on the news.

It looks impressive, most impressive.

8. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    is there a basic plot line you can give us? :cool:

9. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    It's a follow on from The Empire Strikes Backyard.

I can't give away too much. This is a parody film - not a serious one (although the productions values are very serious), so the plot is pretty basic.

The Emperor has created a Clone Army to assist in his galactic conquest. The Jedi learn of this, and attempt to stop it.

The cast include Anakin, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, Mace Windu, Luke, Leia and other favourites!

10. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Can't wait to see it. And hey, even if u suck, u can't be as bad as those two of that other thred [face_dancing]

11. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    well I'm heading down tomorrow to do my blink and you'll miss it bit. Never done anything like this before and was crap at drama at school, so it should be interesting.

12. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    wow! Maybe it will be the best star warses film evar?

13. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
  14. Dickie

Dickie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    Woo, go Halibut! Can't you all see this contains a subliminal message to make you, your friends and family join Halibuts secret army which he is planning to use to take over the world!

Anyways, good luck, if you're going to take control of our minds, at least do it in style eh?

15. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Shouldnt that be TENC? :p

16. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    You know for a baby eating batist, you sure have built some damn impressive sets Halibut. I wouldn't be supprised if you are using more sets in this movie than George Lucas did in the entire prequal trilogy. :p

17. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Thanks for the comments, peeps

Yes, it should be TENC, but that sounds crap! TENCLO is much better :D

We've made 7 full scale sets so far, and another 2 are under construction, so it probably does beat the prequel trilogy!

Filming has been going on for 5 days. Everything is still on schedule, and some of the shots look bloomin' amazing!

We had the local BBC news crew round today, and appeared on both the lunchtime and main bulletins. I've just been to the pub, and one of the people there said "Weren't you on Look North tonight?" Fame at last LOL!

Even better, Sky News are coming to film us tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be on there either tomorrow night or more than likely on Friday.

I can't quite believe how big this project is getting! But with a bit of luck, we can show the world that the Brits are just as good at making FanFilms as the rest of the world!

18. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000

Ahem! I believe the phrase you are looking at is "better than the rest of the world!"

After all, look at the real films.

OT - Made in the UK

PT - Made in Australia (OK, apart from TPM, but he didn't go home to his roots for that, he constructed a whole new studio, Leavesden. Not a good move it would appear.)

19. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    Re-shoots were in britain.... I know thats only like a few shots/ couple of scenes. nice to know he went to England tofilm his final shot of the entire saga

20. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I didn't want to blow our own trumpet LOL.

It's just that the "big" FanFilms of recent years have been American or Australian. And parodies don't really get that much of a look in anymore. Recently, all the talk has been about Broken Allegiance and Revelations.

I really hope that this film will show the FanFilm community that the Brits have something to offer as well. For those of you who have seen the work we've put into it so far, I hope you can back me up here, but I really believe that for a while, this will be one of those films that when newbies say "Which films should I download first", people will answer "TENCLO"

21. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Any pro-mos to watch?

22. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Not yet. We're filming 0800-2330 each day. No time to review footage (unless necessary) let alone capture it. We have monitors on set during filming so we know what is being recorded.

Trust me, it's looking REALLY good at the moment. I;m sure Jairen and Veritasuk will back me up on this LOL!

23. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    NE chance of getting miss portman to do a cameo then get a private introduction for me?

24. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    I'm still waiting to be asked to join this project- with full expenses paid of course!

25. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    heh heh.

Sky News came down to film us today, and were with us for several hours. We will be on tomorrow. The way is will probably work is that we will be on between xx:45 and xx:59 each hour, until something better comes along, so if you can, keep it on that channel to get a glimpse of what we're doing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.