main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The term "Fanboy" is derogatory

Discussion in 'Community' started by Merlin_Ambrosius69, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001

Why do people always say they're leaving but continue to come back? What is so special about this place that people can't quit it?

Edit: also, you're leaving but will continue to check and ignore/delete PMs?

Ender Sai and Juliet316 like this.
  2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It's too bad Skywalker8921, you're a riot. Like, literally. You're so irate you're a one woman riot, which cracks me up.

It would be better for you if you stuck around and learned how to chill out.

By the end of August, everyone will have forgotten you and your 131 posts exists. Unless they think back for a laugh.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    For what it's worth, SkywalkerNumbers, I don't think that was "your fault" and in fact don't understand why that thread was locked at all.

Also, laughing about what happened in the other thread (the tsarist one) isn't the same thing as laughing at you, personally. As we've said before, that was something of a cultural misunderstanding. Those sorts of misunderstandings are ripe with comedy, even if there's no malice towards anyone.

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    She asked for it to be locked.

Oh wait.... different thread, nevermind.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Whoever's sock that is, good job. Very amusing.

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    It's obviously Juli.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm over here sobbing. She's disappointed in me. :_|

...Nah, I actually don't give a ****. Drama is always fun though.

The Jundland Wastes are not to be travelled lightly, and the YJCC is no place for the humorless or thin-skinned.

Skywalker8921, everyone gets ragged on here, you aren't the exception. Check out the first pages of this thread if you think you are. Or just scroll down the YJCC tagged threads and pick one.

You would have more fun if you'd lighten up, but that's your choice. We'll have fun here anyway.

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    We've all gotten it at one point or another... we've all experienced our own personal butthurt, including me. Hell, I'm guilty of the age-old "I'M LEAVING THE JCC FOREVER.... see you next week" bit. Storming off doesn't give you the opportunity to actually get to know people here, and there are many people who are worth knowing. Everybody gets hazed here... nobody is immune. If anything, this place helps people to develop thicker skin and a sense of humor about themselves and the world... two qualities that are pretty essential. But if you absolutely most leave, that's your choice, of course. You wont be the first (or the last).

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ^^^^. This.

Hanging out here with you fine people has kept me from taking myself or life too seriously.

And that's a serious statement. But you all can make fun of me for it anyway.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    It's not always hazing. Sometimes we genuinely don't like someone. Not sure what the story is here since I never heard of Skywalkernumbers until that last post.

AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, same... I honestly have no idea who this person is.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  12. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    I for one have developed a thicker skin as a result of this thread. Phrased another way, I've learned to apply a Buddhistic approach to perceived insult, namely that if someone gives you a gift and you refuse it, to whom does the gift belong? Same with insult. It belongs to the giver.

I feel certain that most of us here on the TFN boards are good-hearted people, but it's easy to be snarky and dismissive on the internet. There are no repercussions, and after all who is being hurt by a few sarcastic barbs?

In short, you're all a buncha fanboys. [face_tee_hee]

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    You're still here? :p

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  14. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
  15. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
  16. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
  17. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Does the Buddhistic approach also tell you that it's okay to cheat on your wife suffering of cancer? I enjoy when someone drops a bomb that horrible then ignores it as if it's nothing. But you probably don't deserve any more attention, you thesaurus diarrhea man.

Anyways who was skywalker#### and what was that post about?

18. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Didn't ignore it, I addressed it. Also, you're horrible.

19. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Go check out the Game of Thrones thread.

BTW, it's all cool that you ignored my PM, Skywalker person. [face_tee_hee]

20. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Don't think you did, actually.

21. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    It just takes a scroll-up, doesn't it? In short, my opinions are different from yours. Can you handle it?

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  23. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    So why are you calling her "horrible" for pointing out the repugnant things that you actually believe?

24. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    This is the thread which just keeps on giving

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm disappointed. I thought I was horrible.

And my former senator Edwards is a slime-ridden horse's ass.

And I can see his baby mama's house from Freedom Park.