The terror strikes home. The official RPG forum RPG. Group 2.

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Diverjkc, Nov 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diverjkc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just a quick note
    Blue is for storyline and plot devices. If text is blue, please don't respond.
    Red is for character interaction. If text is red, please don't ignore.
    Green is for dice rolls(I will let you roll first, but if I smell foul play I will take over die controle).
    Bold text is for announcements.
    Italics are for character thoughts(usualy Blue)
    And black is for all OOC stuff, questions, comments, colplaints, etc...

Random acts of terror have been spreading through the core. Some blame the Trade Federation, but the Viceroy denies all acusations. Others blame rouge Jedi, but the councle clames that there are no rouge Jedi. And more recently, people are begening to accuse the Republic Intelligance Agency of these random attacks. The Senate will convine this afternoon to appoint a commity to investigate these attacks and determen who, or what is behind them.

In the senate chamber.
    "... We cannot allow these attacks to continue. Already, over three hundered republic worlds have been attacked. Most of the dammage was minor, but some like Chandrillia were catastrophic." The senator from Chandrillia was interupted by the Senator from N'zoth
    "But what of us who havn't been attacked? Why should we condone spending of our taxes to fund your private war?"
    The senator from Gallamor slamed his fist into the console, creating a large dent. As he spoke, the system translated for him, "What do you mean a private war? You are the minority here. Most of us have suffered losses from this unknown enemy."
    The senate chamber erupted in arguments.
    The chansler chimed for order. "Order! Order!" After a few more moments, all was silent again. "You all have heard both sides of the problem. Now we vote. Should the republic sanction an investigation of the terror attacks? or should we leave it up to the individual systems attacked?"

Within moments the results had been tallied and displayed for the senators to see. 87% for republic involvment, 13% against.

The next day, Corriscant's security office.
    "But why us senator. We barlely have enough people to keep peace in the Senate district, much less the entire republic."
    "You are the closest thing the republic has to a standing army. I am not asking for much, just a few of your best."

Why don't all of you introduce yourselfs and what you are doing.
  2. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Master

star 4
    "So Tharan, what ya think the Big wigs are doing here?" asked Charlie.

"Don't you even look at the news?" Tharan asked him, smiling.

"Naww, i'm too busy with women to add in actual importiant stuff. I mean, who cares about if the world is gonna burn down around you, as long as you can go to a bar, get roaring drunk, and wake up the next morning next to someone you've never met?" Charlie said, a sardonic grin spreading across his face.

Tharan laughed deeply, knowing that what he had just describe was more than likely what happened.

"Well, far as i can tell, the senate is in some big hooplah about some sort of terrorist activites. My guess is they want the bravest, or in your case Charlie, the stupidest, people they can get to find out what is going on."

Charlie threw a good natured punch at Tharan, whitch he deftly dodged. Laughing uproarosly Tharan dared Charlie to try again.

Cherlie knew his limits, and trying to Best Tharan was going to be next to impossiable. The guy was huge, and probably the best they had in the organisation. Heck, he could armwrestle Gork the Gamorreen without breaking a sweat.

"Let me guess, your expecting them to pick you." Charlie asked, still smileing.

"Well, look at what else they've got to chose from." Tharan countered.

"Hey, Hey, I resent that!" piped in Mike from the other end of the room. Mike was what they liked to call their boom-boom man. He was facinated by explosives, and his personality reflected it. The others considered him just a few inches short of a foot, and for good reason. This was the guy that, during a training expercise, messed with the fake greneades so that they actually blew up. The mess that has caused had nearly got him the boot, but, dispite his slight instability, the others like him, and they were able to convince the higher ups to keep hold of him.

"Mike, now see, sometimes things require something OTHER than a bomb, i'm not entirely sure you've got that concept down yet. besides, we still can't use training ground B cause of your last stunt." Charlie said so him.

"Hey, it's not my fault not everybody appreciates a little fireworks show. Admit it, you loved the look on the boss' face when he saw that thing go off like a supernova."

"You gotta admit Charlie, it dosen't get any better than the dumbfounded look on his face." Tharan said.

Charlie just shook his head before saying, "Well i hope they hurry up, i'm starting to get bored here."

"Yeah." Tharan said......

Tharan Danlon is currently wating within what amounts to a barraks within the security beurau. The group has been without much to do for a few weeks, and some of them are starting to get a little antsy for some action.
  3. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Teresk Rey'lon is sitting in a dirty Coruscant cantina, some 300 levels down from the Governemntal level. He sits in his regular booth, watching the bar, and discretly tapping things into his encrypted datapad. He glances over at the entrance and spots Qweebo, a Rodian drug dealer, entering with his girlfriend, Dreeta. Teresk slides the datapad back into his satchel and smiles to Qweebo.

Qweebo whispers something in Dreeta's ear and then makes his way to Teresk. Dreeta takes a seat at the bar.

"Good evening, Qweebo." , Teresk says.

Qweebo answers in Rodese, "Catch! Just the Bothan I wanted to see."

"You always know where to find me."

Teresk gestures to the seat opposite from him and Qweebo sits.

"If I remember correctly, you needed some magnetically sealed containers, and I got them for you for half the price. Do you need some more?'

Qweebo shifts in his seat.

"No, Catch, I need something a little more hard to find."

"Just tell me what it is and I'll see if I can find it for you."

"Yes, I know, it's just that it will be very difficult to aquire."

"Stop arousing my enthusiasm, and tell me what you need.

"I need..."

Qweebo leans forward and whispers, "... two senetorial passports, with myself and my woman listed as Senatorial aides of Rodia."

Teresk thinks for a moment.

"And why, my friend, do you need that?"

"I shouldn't tell you this, but you have always come through for me. Dreeta and I are planning on taking a shipment of refined spice off planet and, in exchange, recieving a much larger shipment of pure, unrefined Sweetblossom. You know that they will not search a Senatorial craft without a warrant, so we can get the stuff off and on Coruscant with no trouble at all."

"I see. But don't you also need a Republic starship to make this work?"

"Don't worry about that. All we need are the passports. Can you do it?"

"It will be tricky... but I can manage it. It will cost you, though."

"I will pay very well."

"25,000 republic credits."

Qweebo's eyes widen. He turns his head, thinking.

"All right, 25k."

"In advance"

Qweebo nods, reaching into his pocket. He hands Teresk 25,000 credits. Then, depressed, gets up to leave.

"Don't look so down, Qweebo... if everything goes as planned, you should be able to make twenty times this."

Qweebo looks over, nods, smiles, then head to the bar with Dreeta.

Teresk gathers his things and makes for his speeder.

Teresk heads back to Security headquarters to hand in the 25,000 credits and ask how he should proceed. He suggests giving Qweebo the passports, allowing him to leave the planet and busting him when we returns with the Sweetblossum.
  4. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Come on guys, don't let the group 1'ers beat us... start posting!
  5. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Molokai Zar passed through the wounded, helping those he could.

The attack on Chandrila had been swift and brutal but now came the hard part -- the healing and rebuilding. Of course, that's what he did -- a Jedi served life, even if not tied down to the stodgy rigidity of the Order's dictates on Coruscant.

"Please! Please help me! My daughter!" a woman shrieked to mostly unresponsive medical workers.
    "I will help you." Molokai said simply.

The woman looked skeptical at an alien dressed in common garb without identifying marks of any kind; such mistrust was easy after an unannounced and unanticipated attack upon one's sovereignty. However, a choice of one is easy to make.

"Follow me. Hurry! Please!" the woman pleaded as she moved off.

The woman led Molokai through a line of wounded victims arranged in a makeshift triage area. Soon they came upon a bandaged man holding a limp, bleeding child in his arms. The man looked suspiciously at the newcomer, but his eyes quickly shifted to relief when he saw the woman with him.

"Are you here to help or stand there gawking?" the man asked gruffly.
    "Help, of course. I could get better blood-letting entertainment in the gladitorial arena on Coyn." Molokai responded. After all -- if one couldn't keep a mild sense of humor in the face of darkness, one had no business serving the Light.

Molokai knelt down beside the pair which caused the man to shift positions to give better access to the young girl to the Gotal. Examining the girl's vital signs, and reaching out subtly in the Force, he determined that the spark of life was still present, if barely. Ripping off a few pieces of the hem of his outer robe, he provided a rudimentary tourniquet system for the girl's injured leg, preventing further blood loss from a possibly damaged femural artery. He checked the pulse again; weak, but steady. That would do for now.

"The girl should live, though have her see one of the Republic medical staff within six hours for more long-term care. The leg should also survive intact." Molokai intoned as he stood up and prepared to move off.

"Thank you! My name is Lena," said the woman, "and this is my husband Gard and my daughter Arin. Is there any way we can repay you? We don't have much after the attack, but our daughter's life is worth anything to us!"
    "I need only to know that I served life today. I appreciate the offer, but I need not material reward. Your daughter surviving and growing up to serve the Republic one day is reward enough." Molokai started to move off, to find more in need.
    "Thank you, sir." Gard choked through tears. "May the Force be with you."

Molokai allowed the slightest hint of a smile to grace his features. "Thank you, Gard. And with you as well..."

Molokai Zar passed through the wounded, helping those he could...
  6. Diverjkc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I don't know about you all, but I am tired of waiting.

Gorin:The holoscreen in their room flickered on, to reveal the face of their CO, General Danson.
    "Ah, good, you are all here. I am sorry to inform you that your squad is being decomissioned. He waits for the crys of discontent to stop. You will all be reassigned. Tharan, you will be assigned to the newly formed Senatorial Investigation Comity. And as such, you are no longer an employee of this sector, so I will need all sector property you have returned promptly. Charlie, you have been chosen to lead a team of combat trained scientist to the deapths of Corscuant, for an extended study of the plant and animal life. Not your choice assignment, I know, I tried to get them to change their minds, but you know how the 'Bosses' can be. Mike, you get the easiest out of the bunch. You are going to be attached to a demolitions and construction crew, overseeing the new Senatorial complex being constructed. Again, I apollogise for this, but, as they say, don't shoot the messanger."

Moron: Your CO is very pleased. He says that it will all be taken care of, the usual way. He also looks depressed,"Teresk, I am going to be blunt with you. The senate wants the best agent I have to look into these terrorist attacks. And that is you. And as not to blow your cover when this is all over, we have set up a fake arrest-and-run scenerio with the security department. It will be in the lower level of the market sector, where most of your usual clients frequent. We hope that several of them will see you and spread the word that you will be out of the loop for a while. There is a risk that your 'customers' may try to come to your aid and put the security agents in danger. If you have any other ideas, I would be glad to hear them."

dp4m: Nothing for you as of yet, just keep assisting the wounded.
  7. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "Well, if I have learned anything from my experiances in the crime world, it is that 'You are only friends when they need something from you.' I've made a lot of contacts, yes, but I wouldn't expect any one of them to risk any personal or financial harm for my sake. Most of my 'customers' will regard my 'arrest' as one of the risks you take in our line of business. We shouldn't have any problem... So, tell me more about this new mission?"
  8. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Master

star 4
    As Tharan finsihed his packing, which wasen't much. Just his personal weapons and armor, and a few other supplies, he sighed at the now empty room.

This place had been his home, Charlie, Mike, and the others his family, for 2 years now, and it just didn't sit well to be leaving it all. He could still see the ghosts of those he was leaveing behind, Charlie over there making some kind of joke, Mike fiddling with a detonator, Gork challeneging him to a remach. There was alot of memory in this place, alot of feeling, alot of home.

He lifted his bag and hefted it over his shoulder. Taking one last look around he walked out, and walked to the meeting of the new team.
  9. Diverjkc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Moron: "Well, Teresk, if you say so. Any way, after you escape from custody you will board a republic cruser bound for Chandrilla. Take what you need now, there will be no time to pack bags and such. Once you arrive on Chandrilla you will be contacted by our operative there and introduced to your partner. From there, you are given free reign to use whatever techniques you need to get to the bottom of these attacks."
  10. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "I am very pleased to be of service to the Republic. You can count on me."

Teresk stands and leaves, headed back to his residence to pack for his trip.
  11. Diverjkc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry I have been gone for so long. Personal problems leading to lack of modivation.

Moron, Gorin: PM me a list of exacly what you are taking with you.

Gorin: When you arrive at the address given to you, you see one of the most ornate building you have ever seen. If you walk into the lobby, you see a massive fountian, statues from at least a dozen worlds, paintings and other works of art grace the walls. Premacreet collums compleat the scene. A secretary, hiden in a nitch off to the side of the door, says "May I help you sir?"

Moron: The trip back to your appartment is uneventfull. However, while you are in your appartment, a knock sounds at the door.
  12. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Master

star 4

"Yes, i was told to report for duty here, i'm with the new senateorial Investgation commitee.
    Tharan said, shifting his bag up on his shoulder.

OOC: I'm just taking what is listed as my equipment when i posted my character. BTW, what happened to all our other players?
  13. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    OOC: I'm still on Chandrila aiding bombing victims.
  14. Diverjkc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Gorin: "Oh, yes. Your late." She said, pointing toward a turbolift "Up five levels, seventh door on your left. I'll call the senator and tell him you are on your way." If you follow the directions, your trip up the turbo lift is as exciting as a mirrored box can get. The hall is carpeted on all sides, even the arched celing. The carpet is soft maroon in color and soft under your feet. Small potted plants line the walls, their leaves blowing in the breeze from the open window at the end of the hall.

dp4m: A young woman wearing a security uniform taps you on the shoulder. "Excuse me, are you Molokai Zar?"
  15. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    "I am. Do you require assistance?"
  16. Diverjkc Jedi Knight

star 3
    dp4m: "No sir, there is a private comunication for you from the Jedi Councle" She hands you a data pad with the screen displaying the crest of the republic. Check your PM box for the content of the message.
  17. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: I was refering to the 2 other posters. What happened to them?

Tharan walked quickly into the office; the military beat of his stride very precise from years of training, his Security Bureau uniform crisp and fresh. He knew he was meeting an important senator and, even though he knew that life was not for him, his parents had instilled in him some ideas of what was proper, politically.

Tharan's quick eyes scanned the hall, his mind assessing it based upon his military training. The arched ceiling made for a higher than normal peak, perfect for grenades or other such thrown projectiles. The open window also stared out into the open Courscaunti sky and, in the distance, to another building. It would allow an assassin easy access to the hallway if he used a sniper rifle, or some other such implement, which seemed to him to be a very large security flaw.

The plants were of no consequence, though he supposed some of the smaller races might be able to use them as some form of cover, but the pots would make for an excellent improvised weapons should the need come up.

Reaching the senator's door Tharan stood at attention and knocked briskly announcing,
    "Tharan Danlon, of the Courscaunt Security Bureau; in relation to the recently formed Senatorial Investigation Committee."
  18. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Teresk will only take what equipment he has on his character sheet, minus things that say 'Catch'.

Teresk is startled by the sound of knocking. Silently, he makes his way to the door, and says into the intercom, "Yes, who is it?"
  19. Diverjkc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Moron: There is no responce, if you look at the monitor that shows the outside of your door, all you see is the hallway, there seems to be noone there.

Gorin:The doors swung open, ten eyes looked at you. The senator from Chandrillia, a human woman also wearing a security uniform, a short blue rodent-like creature, a human-looking man with well-worn armor, and a droid (looks like a cross between C-3PO and IG-88, slim head and torso, human-like arms and legs) "Ahh, how nice of you to join us." The senator said.
  20. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Some unspecified day later...

Molokai glanced at the spaceport manifest for the day's comings and goings. "Arrival at 1630 local time. Good, gives me some time." he thought. Checking his chronometer, he noted that he had well over four hours left.

"Hmmmm, plenty of time to do REAL work for the Force, rather than be yanked on a marionette's string by the Supreme Chancellor," Molokai thought as he wandered off to the makeshift Republic Infirmary near the outskirts of the city...
  21. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Teresk opens the door slowly, ready to react to anything. He palms his blaster, just to be on the safe side.
  22. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Master

star 4
    "Excuse my tardiness Senator," Tharan began, "I was slower to pack than I expected."

Tharan looked with appraiseing eyes upon the other members of the 'commitee'. God how he hated the way that sounded, he was a soldier, not a politician.

Thw woman appeared to be from the bureau, so he could assume she was competent, but the little alein and the droid he wasen't so sure about. As for the human, he looked to be the mercenary type, hireing out their skills for money rather than the good of the Republic.

Tharan stood stiffly at attention and awaited the senator to speak.
  23. Diverjkc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Moron: As the door opens, the barrel of a blaster rifle is pointed at your face. In front of you stands a human man, obviously on some kind of drugs. he is wearing a hat, with an immage of the hallway pasted on a board on top. "Gimme the cashshshsh."
    Two cookies if you know where this comes from.

Gorin: "Thats allright, we were just about to begin." He first pointed to the armored man. "This is Sarin Claas, undercover agent, specialist in criminal underworld activities." He then pointed to the small blue creature. "This is Arvill, professional pilot and thief, on probation from the correctional center." The blue creature spoke up in a high pitched nasel voice, "Treasure hunter, not thief, I am a treasure hunter." The senator snorted in ammusement and continued on to droid. "This is CX-45, hybred mechanic and tactical officer" He continued on to the woman. "This is Larun Suun, Republic 'trouble shooter'." And lastly he points to you. "And this is Tharan Danlon, security special forces."
  24. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Two cookies if you know where this comes from.

OOC: The Fifth Element.

Gimme my cookies!
  25. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Master

star 4
    Tharan nodded to each creature as they were mentioned, but kept silent and at attention.

His face berayed nothingas they were mentioned, but he didn't trust the little alien, or the armored human. Something about them just didn't seem quite right, but that was something for another day.

"Perhaps we should get down to business senator; these attacks won't stop by us standing here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.