main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The terror strikes home. The official RPG forum RPG. Group 2.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Diverjkc, Nov 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    "Woah, didn't expect that. Gotta keep on your toes, Teresk!" Teresk slowly brings his blaster up, but still inside the door, where the man can't see it.

"What cash?"

2. Diverjkc

Diverjkc Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2002
    dp4m: Peanutbutter or sugar?

Gorin: The senator nodded,"Of course, the most recent attacks have been on Chandrillia. We hope that if we hurry we can still find some clues. Your job is to find out who is behind these attacks and if you are in a possision to do so, eliminate the threat. Once you reach Chandrillia, you will be contacted by one of my aids in Hanna City. He will give you directions to your safehouse. Another undercover agent and a Jedi will also be assisting you. They will meet you in the safehouse. Once there, you will be on your own. All of you have special skills, you have free reign to use them. I have pulled a few strings in Hanna City, the securtiy force has agreed to ignore minor crimes you may commit while tring to uncover the attackers. Just don't push it, they gave me a very loose defination of 'minor' crime."

Moron: "All the cash, any cash, all the cash. GIMME THE CASHSHSHSH!" He said as he thrust the rifle at your face.

3. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Tharan nodded, it was the standard Pre-Mission Prep that he knew so well. They gained nothing of any true signifigance, and the mission was just as vauge and undefined as before. Sure, they now knew where they were going, but they didn't know anything more about what they would actually be doing than before.

Well, the only way to do something now would be to get on with it.
    "Well then, shall we get going?

4. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Gorin: "Just a moment. He reached into a pocket and produced five invelopes, he hands one to each of you. Inside there is a first-class ticket on one of the new Gal'ax-class transports. Allong with all the valid papers for inter-steller travel.

5. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    Tharan quickly looked though the envelope and, finding out the contents (Such as Time of Departure, Length of Trip, Ect.) Tharan bowed to the senator and walked outside of the office.

6. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    A thought crosses Teresk's mind. "Maybe in his drug-induced condition, I can trick him." Teresk feigns a fearful look. "Okay, whatever you want. Wait out here and I'll get you the money." Bluff roll 7 +14 = 21
    If the bluff works, Teresk shuts and locks the door with the guy on the outside. He then finds a place to stand where he has a clear shot of the front door, but he is somewhat concealed... just in case the guy tries to break in.

7. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Moron: The man looks slightly confused, then nods. You shut the door. He stands out side for several minutes, then realises that you arn't coming back. He thinks about attacking, but the sound of sirens frighten him away. A few moments later another knock sounds at your door.

Gorin: As you walk out of the office, Sarin and CX-45 start to talk, obviously they have worked together before. Larun walks up to you, "Wern't you on the team that almost cooked my squad on the training field?" she askes rather abruptly.

8. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    Tharan smiled as the other security agent asked him about one of Mike's many foolsih plans. He remembered that, they were supposed to be running a training mission, with low power 'Sting' Blasters and some fals grenades and such.

He remembered talking with Mike the night before; he complained about how boring these missions always were. Tharan didn't think much about it til the next day an explosion went off during the mission. He immedaitely thought of Mike and found him near the site of the blast. It appeared that he had tried to set up a mine, nothing powerful enough to kill anyone, but definately enought to scare them. He remembered how Mike's face was covered in soot from the bomb, as well as some of the members of the other squad who had benn caught in the blast.

"Heh, yeah, that was my squad. Mike always did go a little bit too over the top." Tharan said.

9. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Teresk, keeping his blaster ready, checks the view screen.

10. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    Diverjkc, where are you at buddy? Don't let this die out. Maybe we should get some more people into this group, as the other group seesm to be moving along at a fairly rapid pace.

If it's the holiday season I understand, but at least tell us wahts going on.

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Yeah, I remember there were other people who wanted to play as well, like Protoss.

12. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Very sorry, I have been working some crazy hours latley. And to top it off, last week was final exam week, but now thats over. Still working a lot, but now I may have a little more time. I don't have time to post any more right now, perhaps in the morning. good night.

13. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Gorin: "Good, I enjoy a challenge." She walks off, down the hall, leaving you to ponder the meaning of that statment. The rest of the team has already gone down the turbo lift

Moron: Standing in front of your door is a security officer.

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Teresk takes a good look at him, looking for anything out of the ordinary. Spot 13 +9= 23

15. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    Tharan smiled as she walked by. This was a woman he could really get to like, and he hoped he didn't appear to be the complete oaf he though of himself as.

He quickly looked at the information he had about their travel arrangements again
    You forgot to give them to me, if it's not gonna be in like a week we can just fast forward to it. and walked to the Turbolift, confident that whatever threat it was they opposed, that they would overcome it.

16. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Moron: You notice nothing out of the ordinary about the security man, he is holding a datapad in one hand.

Gorin: You are schedualed to leave this afternoon, there is an address where you will meet after you arive on Chandrillia. If you look up, the female security guard blows you a kiss as the turbolift doors close.

17. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    Well that certianly suprised Tharan. he had never much delt with females, finding most to be ntohing more than a distraction. Then again, the only women he delt with were either his superiors, or part of the life he had left behind with his parents.

He shook it off, he had to focus now. The republic was under attack, though by what, exactly, they didn't know. He had a job to do, and he couldn't let such things throw him off track so easily.

Later that Afternoon.....

With his weapons ready, and his equipment preped, Tharn boarded the transport that would soon take him to Chandrilla. He traveled light, whcih didn't mean much to someone of his size, but even compared to the average citize he didn't have much of a life to take with him. Just some personal weapons, his armor, and a few other odds and ends. As he boarded he looked swiftly around for Larun Suun hoping to catch a few words with her, not only because she was attractive, but also because he needed to settle his slightly jarred mind.

18. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Gorin: By chance, fate, or the force, officer Sunn's seat is right next to yours. And with the size of seats these days, she is very close. She is wearing a mild perfume, smelling of Turian fireflowers. She no longer wears the security uniform, but a fine black dress, trimed in white fur, making her look more like a holo star than a cop. "Hey, you arn't going dressed like that are you?" She askes, pointing to your security uniform.

19. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    Tharan quickly looked down at his uniform and, finding nothing out of regulation, turned to Officer Sunn and asked, "Why shouldn't I?"

20. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Gorin: "Well we are looking for terrorists. They tend to not talk to policemen."

21. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    "Yes, but we have to find the terrorists frist. I think that your average Joe Schmo will be more likely to talk to a uniform than to someone else." Tharan said, in explaination.

"Besides, i've never been much for diplomatic operations. They assigned me to this mission as muscule, and very little else I think. I'll buy a set of civilian clothes when we touch down on chandrilla and before we get to the safe house, those should suffice."

Tharan was silent for awhile, wondering what to say, before he finally asked,
    "So what did you mean when you said you enjoyed a challenge anyway?

22. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Teresk holsters his blaster and answers the door.

23. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    (Combined post by me and Gorin over AIM) I have left out color codeing for this post, for my own sanitys sake.

Sunn: She sits for a moment, thinking, "I have done a little research on you Tharan, you seem to be a stern man."

Tharan: ?Stern." Tharan said, curious, "perhaps in the past yes. The life my parents tried to force me into made me bitter, but I like to think I'd grown out of that. Why do you say I'm stern??

Sunn: "You make up your mind about something, and never look back. You never let others make moral decisions for you."

Tharan: Tharan thought for a moment, looking back upon his life to this point. Perhaps there was something to what this woman was saying. At least, he liked to think that he was his own man. he knew how to follow orders yes, but he also knew how to think on his feet, and knew what Right and Wrong was. ?Perhaps. I'd like to think that what you say is true, but I?ve not had many opportunities to prove it. The life among the grunts of the Security bureau is hardly one for life changing moments.?

Sunn: She smiles, looking in to your eyes, "I have seen hundreds of men, hundreds of recruits, hundreds of soldiers pass through your job. It challenges you more than you think."

Tharan: ?Well it certainly helped me turn myself out of the bitter rut I was digging, if that what you mean. And it gave me the training I need to do what I?m ordered to do, but somehow I feel like my true challenge is still out there, waiting for me.?

Sunn: "That is the thing about challenges, isn't it? There is always a bigger one. Kinda makes you wonder if you made the right choice in life. Just think, any single decision you have made throughout your lifetime, if altered, would make you a totally different man."

Tharan: ?Indeed.? he said, thinking back to the day before he had decided to leave his parents rich and easy life.

Tharan sighed, leaning back in his seat. He was impressed, most people he dealt with from the bureau would never bother with such questions. Obviously Officer Sunn was more than she appeared to be. In fact, he thought as he reflected, he didn't even remember why it was she had been assigned to this mission.

?Alright, you've asked your questions, now it's my turn. Why did you join the bureau anyway?? Tharan asked, a glint of humor in his eye.

Sunn: "Fair enough, I was a graduate of psychology from the University here on Couruscant. I made a few... mistakes... I spoke when I should have nodded and been a good little assistant. A permanent black mark was put on my record. The bureau approached me and asked if I could profile criminals. I was an easy assignment. I soon began apprehending the criminals myself."

Tharan: Ahh, so that explained why she asked the questions and knew the things she did. No wonder he felt a little out of his league when talking with her.

So here he was, talking with a beautiful, intelligent lady who at least appeared semi-interested in him, and Tharan was bumbling around the dark like a drunk, philosophically at least.

Well, anything was better than sitting, staring into her eyes, so he asked, ?What kind of mistakes??

Sunn: She sighs, "Well, I guess you will find out eventually. We were doing research, trying to find out what makes clones mentally unstable if their growth rate is accelerated beyond double. The clones were being mistreated, things bordering on torture. The worst was live dissection," she visibly shutters, "I had enough one day and leaked files and holos to the press. I was put on trial, but the story so inflamed the people, that the government was afraid of a planet wide uprising if I was imprisoned."

Tharan: ?Good for You.? Tharan immediately said. To think that the republic would engage in such actions as a live dissection, the very thought repulsed him.

?But how did that lead to being brought back into the government? After something like that I don' think I?d be able to stomach coming back.? Tharan said. He knew that he would never sponsor such actions, and he could on

24. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    "Why would he do that? Did you ever find out?" Tharan asked. From what he had heard the Jedi were mostley a compassionate bunch, and it certianly didn't seem 'compassionate' to just ignore your family.

Then again it hardley seems compassionate for the Jedi to take children and remove them from their families, never to see them again. He didn't belive that they were malicios without purpose, but he didn't understand that purpose, and they didn't bother to explain.

The Jedi wrapped themselves insuch mystique it was no wonder that they were often feared or disliked by the general population. As a soldier Tharan knew what power they could bring to combat, but they were always so afraid of using their emotions to fuel them. They fought with an uncanny calm, one would almost say an Inhuman calm, and it was certianly contrary to the way he knew how to fight.

Then again, how was he to understand this mystical 'Force'. Perhaps it truely was both a curse and a blessing, heck, for all he knew the Jedi Masters could be controlling all of the Jedi knights from within their temple. Or perhaps they, themselves, were only slaves to this mystical 'Force'.

However, none of that really mattered right now. Right now he knew that he had a very attractive woman sitting next to him, telling him her deep secrets, and he had absolutely no idea what to do.

25. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Gorin: "No, we really never heard from him after he made Knight."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.