main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Thank U Page

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by lukedecop, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Thank you for making this Occasion possible Darth Eagle and Jazzy Jazz.
    Also let's not forget our lovely Jedi Jean who helped film and photo shoot so many of us here today.
    But it is the Spirit of the Force that made this event a successful one :)
    We came in Full Force, all the fans and supporters and this day will be long remembered as Costume Parade 2005.
    On this note, have a gd weekend and hope we can meet up again for a photo exchange session.

May the Force Be With You!

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    It's been a hectic and memorable week. But oh how it passed so quickly. We've been waiting for this for months and now it has come and gone.

There are so many people I want to thank...everyone who was a part of at least one of our events. The absence of any one of you would have made it a lesser experience. ;)

To the tune of Green Day's "Time Of Your Life"....

Darth_Eagle - Our inspirational leader.

JediJean - Thank you for taking care of my camera for all these events.

lukedecop - Glad you convinced me to continue our costuming adventure. We may never get a chance like this again.

Faiz - The Last Jedi (starring Tom Cruise)

Kimbilili-k-s, JediClare & RisingAdela - The force is strong in the Raffles family.

xeno_kenobi & Yazid_Skywalker - die hard costumers and strong in the force

DarthSyn & Winbros - Our senior fans of Star Wars

wmgan - Great effort and enthusiasm for the Vader costume.

Chakster - Once again, armor rules.

aanakin & padawan_princess - Thank you for the CDs and being a part of the parade.

Delight - Good to see you again after so long.

DarthCrovus - Our red-haired Jedi.

Jedi_Healer - Hope you had fun costuming for the first time.

Curlywhirlyjedi & Hobbes00 - Thanks for making the effort to join us.

Friends and Family of those involved - Your support fuels our passion.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out in particular...but if you had a part in our activities, you'll have a place in my heart and my gratitude extends to you too. [face_peace]

Although Star Wars in the cinema is coming to a close, we must put in the effort to keep in contact with each other. I hope that through all this we would have made many new friends and it need not only be in the context of Star Wars when we organize activities. :)

Maybe if the response is good, I'll see if we can do a BBQ or chalet sometime soon. May the Force be with you all!

:_|

3. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    wow, how come so formal sia. haha

thanks to everyone. jazzyjazz has pretty much covered everyone. its like the formal thank u note to end all thank u notes.

great exp since it was my first time doing a parade. haha.

4. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    HmmmMm the chalet idea, I was thinking of one too.

How about year end. Than we can coincide with a certain *aherm* event *wink wink*

Not this June please, I'm already organising an office chalet this June and I'm afraid that one's just gonna drain me out. =p It's already starting to drain me

5. RisingAdela

RisingAdela Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2001
    Here's my short list of thank yous.

DE and JaZzYjaZZ - Thanks for guiding us along, organising the whole thing, purchasing tickets for us. etc. Without you guys, the parade would not have been possible.

To everyone else who was there - Thanks for making my first costume parade as a minder, a great experience. =)

Arigato

(ps, I'm not in the Raffles family *bg* :p)

6. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks go to:

DE - for getting me into costuming in the first place, costuming tips, getting the tickets for the charity premiere, running around herding people :p

JaZzYjaZZ - for getting the tickets for the screening, and being our Mace Windu

Adela - for accompanying your crazy sister, being my costume checker, occasional sabre holder, (amateur) photographer, minder, bag carrier :p

Kim - for eventually deciding to come along, and May 19th when it was just the two of us costumed weirdos in Plaza Sing...

xeno_kenobi - for lending me your EL sabre, and sabre expertise

JediJean - for being our enthusiastic photographer and camerawoman

lukedecop - for accompanying me to the taxi stand after the charity premiere :p

Although they're not going to read this: my parents, for being so supportive and tolerant of the time, effort and money spent.

And everyone else, for being there and being so supportive :) :)

Dare we hope we'll have more to do for SW's 30th anniversary? :D

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Damn this is making me all emotional! I wanna come back for the exhibition, 30th Anniversary, Fanfilm and everything else!

:(

8. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    haha JaZzYjaZZ, everything's just making you wish that michigan weren't so far away huh?

to add to my thank you list i already posted in the other thread (besides Darth_Eagle, JaZzYjaZZ, RisingAdela and JediJean)...

thanks jediscum (well, JediClare if we gotta be so formal), for being that crazy nutty fellow star wars fan around so i can discuss everything about it whenever i feel like plunging myself in, for introducing me to this board, and for convincing me to go on the 21st. ;)

thanks xeno for lending me your sabre hilt. it was a bit embarrassing walking around with a broomstick while everyone else had FXs and ELs but what the heck, it was good enough.

thanks everyone else who went, because you made it such an enjoyable afternoon that i won't forget in a jiffy.

and Hassan and Ted and Clare and Xeno and Crovus for doing that crazy parody in the ulu Lido corridor. that one had me laughing to bits. :D:D:D

9. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    I must abit I'm starting to miss the whole thing.
    Can we go back and do it again?
    *gets sentimental*

Hah, gonan do a shoutout to several people who really made a difference, without you guys it wouldnt be as fun
    number one to DA CAMERA AND LOGISTIC CREW!!!!!
    andddd xeno yazi and coloured-hair jedi..
    anddddd fatimah Mace KIMMM DaRTH VaDER! and MoooDy the Last jedi!

AND... GENERAL HASSAN

Keep on rawking guys.. THE FORCE IS YET TO BE
    haha! seriously can we go back and do it again?

10. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Regarding the parody of Palpatine's arrest, we must really treasure that video because I don't know if I'll ever shave my hair and do Mace again. :D

kimbilili-k-s - You are so on-target..

11. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hahaha
    don't worry the video is with me. That's the first thing I'll share with you guys the min, I get it uploaded.

Again, sorry for the long delay guys. I've put my life on hold for 2 weeks for SW and now it's catching up with me and biting me hard on the @55!
    =(

Cheerios

12. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Hey Kim and Clare, are you guys from RJC too? That would make me your senior, though not by much (I just graduated last year).

(PS. In case you're wondering, I'm not in NS because I'm Malaysian. *grin*)

13. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    I would like to thank...
    DE - For being such a great organiser of this event
    Ted - For being such a great sport with a rubies saber on the first night.
    lukedecop - For being such a great Obi Wan and bringing our Greivous's.
    JediJean - For Being such a great photographer and another inspirational leader.
    Reno - For giving me tickets to watch the Private Screening and the Charity for free.
    Yazid - For being my brother and lending me money and stuff. Thanks man.
    Hobbes - For helping me buy batteries and fries.
    Clare and Kim - For taking the load of my back by using my Lightsabers.
    Charis - For helping me carry my bag
    Aana - For buying stuff from me.
    Faiz & Crovus - For being great sports when we were in front of the line.
    Desmond - For being such a fun TIE Fighter pilot and waiting for us at the Hardware Mag Centre...
    To all the others whom I have forgotten and left out - Thank you guys, you made my stay here unforgetable.

Guys, we must meetup monthly !!! We must not let this die, our friendship, built upon years... I concur on the Chalet and BBQ Idea. We should have one and bring all the movies, including a pirated Episode 3 if needed. :p

14. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    wmgan...cool so you're a J3?? never knew that. means you'd probably know some of my J3 friends too! :D nice to meet a senior.

15. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    "Desmond - For being such a fun TIE Fighter pilot and waiting for us at the Hardware Mag Centre..."

Fun? I was supposed to look cool... Hahahaha... Seriously, a lot of you younger fans had convinced me that one doesn't need to be born in the 70s to be strong in the Force... Keep it up, guys!

16. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Haha, thanks man.

17. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    very emotional...
    i'd like to thank
    DE - For being the Morpheus of Star Wars, u have freed us from the Matrix *SALUTE
    Ted - For being such a nice guy with the tickets and all for being very passionate with the bald thingie also. *SALUTE
    lukedecop - For being a VERY authentic Obi-wan, and being so in character
    JediJean - For Being such a dedicated photographer running around altho no one forced u to do anything, thats wad i call dedication *SALUTE
    Reno - For all the free tickets, he gives without any thought of return
    Xeno - For being my bro all the time, helping out with my costume and being there always
    Hobbes - For guiding me around when i was blind and helping me hold on to my light sabre (no pun intended)
    Charis - For helping me carry my bag altho u had so much to carry.
    Aana - For helping her chariss with her burden
    Faiz & Crovus - For being fun and lively, and thanks crovus for lending me ur BRIGHT lightsabre when i asked
    Desmond - For being such a fun TIE Fighter pilot and waiting for us at the Hardware Mag Centre

And to all ppl who sat beside me during the movies and not making a big fuss about me crying and all. much appreciated.

18. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Alrighty! Here's mine! =) Starting to feel like this is the Oscars man! Heh

First and foremost, I would like to thank the big guy up there, through him all things are possible. My parents, believe it or not, for the way they brought me up, keeping me fighting everyday. My cast and crew.....oops! wrong speech! Sorry! =p

DE, for introducing this forum to me and getting the tickets for me. And all the organisation work!
    Hassan, for making everyone of our event R21, =p and always fun.
    Xeno and Yazid, you guys embody the Force man!
    Ted, for organising stuff left, right, center.
    Faiz, for being such a mate and made me feel at home. Jedi Smokers Unite!
    JediJean, for being our super onz photographer, making me feel like a star. I am entirely grateful.
    Ged, for providing all the super quality pictures man and also making me feel like a star

And to EVERYONE who attended any of the events, without you guys I am nothing.

Lastly thanks to the Academy and Foriegn Press......ooops! I did it again! Hur Hur!

19. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    Oh I forgot to say -

My sincere apologies to all those I kept bumping into on Saturday! Vader's eyesight is not so good, you know...

Kimbilili, which class are you in? I was in S01B.

20. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, I'll to thank EVERYONE for making this month's activities a GREAT success! =D= [face_peace] Without all your supports, assistances, attendance and encouragement, success will not come easily. ;)

21. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Sob!:_| You guys are making me go emotional...
    Although I just joined the forums this year and do not know all of you very well, here's my little list of 'Thank You's:

Darth_Eagle, Thank you for being such a wonderful leader and organizer of the events, we could have not done it without you. =D=
    JaZzYjaZZ, Thank you for buying the tickets and being so friendly to everyone.
    JediJean, You're definitely the best camerawoman in my book!
    xeno_kenobi, Thanks for helping my sis with her Jedi costume.
    Yazid_Skywalker, Thanks for being so nice to my sis and I, and showing the Tatooine farmgirls how to get to Spotlight. :D
    wmgan, Great Vader costume!
    Kimbilili-k-s and JediClare, Nice meeting you guys, great to know there's teenage girl fans around.
    RisingAdela, Yeah!! It was fun being a minder wasn't it?
    All the rest, Thanks for being part of the parade and making the event such a fun, memorable one...

22. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Sorry, double posting!!!

I almost forget to thank:
    aanakin, my beloved sister, for all the sleepless nights rushing on your costume :D
    hobbes00, the kind Imperial Officer for helping me carry the really, really heavy green bag part of the way.

I hope I didn't miss out any others...

23. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    :D wmgan, i'm in S06H - one of the funkiest science classes...coz we're a sports appeal class. my PE teacher thought we were an arts class coz we were so funny.

nice meeting you too, padawan_princess. :D

24. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    Padawan_princess, I'm glad to have known you too, and I really enjoyed talking to you during the movie. I hope my Vader costume didn't bother you too much when you were sitting beside me, as I know that the cape has a tendency to be in the way.

Kimbilili, is Kimberly your real name? Hmmm I should ask my juniors if they know you. Most of my friends are in S01 or 3, however, so perhaps not. What CCA are you in?

I heard that RJC had a batch outing to watch SW last Friday night, and that one of the teachers put on a Vader mask. Damn, I should have crashed in donning mine. =P I hope that in the next few years I'll be able to improve my costume so that it looks more like the real thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.