main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Theater

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by COSLeiaOrganaSolo, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I watched The Princess Bride last night. Man..that movie just never gets old. One of Reiner's best by far.

"I'm not saying I'd like to build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely."

2. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    The editing of the Hulk was a little odd at first. It reminded me a lot of Creepshow, but that was about a movie based on a comic book too, so the point comes across. I have to say my favorite scene was when the Hulk tackled that helicopter [face_laugh]

I watched the Cowboy Bebop movie again last night. I think I was too rough on it the first time around. The movie is much, much better than I initially gave it credit for. Plus, the whole plot makes a lot more sense the second time around. Excellent movie.

3. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    [image=http://img-nex.theonering.net/images/scrapbook/6956.jpg]

'Nuff said. :cool:

I'm thinkin' of seein' "28 Days Later" this weekend. It looks freaky-deaky... ;)

4. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    I've been looking forward to "28 Days Later" for some time now. I gnashed my movie buff teeth on horror movies, and this one looks sweet. It's gotten great reviews too, 87% fresh on rotten tomatoes, which is excellent for a horror film. It looks like most people are writing it off though.

I watched Punk Drunk Love last night. It was actually really, really good too. I haven't like P.T. Anderson's other movies, but this was a neat little love story about a couple of freaks.

5. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I'll be interested to see what you guys think of 28 Days Later. I love horror movies, but I'm not sure about that one.

6. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I think I'm going to have to skip 28 Days Later. I'm not a big horror movie fan. I've seen maybe...4 in my entire life. Yeah. So you guys can just tell me how it is. :)

7. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Finished Cowboy Bebop: The Movie last night. VERY good :D

8. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    One of the biggest reasons that I want to see it, ladies is because it was directed by Danny Boyle...the man who directed "Trainspotting". Ewan McGregor's first flick. That movie friggin' rocks. And according to early buzz, it's his best work since that movie. And it's getting stellar reviews....88% (102 positive, 14 negative) @ RT.com.

And I don't think it's your typical dime a dozen "horror" flick. I think this one is very different and very stylized. I'm looking forward to it IMMENSELY. I'll let you two know how it is... ;) :D

9. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, I noticed it was directed by Trainspotting guy. I hope it's good - I'll be looking forward to your "review". :)

10. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Wow, I saw the best anime last night...the second Vampire Hunter D movie: Bloodlust. I came out almost two years ago but I hadn't gotten around to seeing it. I'm glad I finally did. It was incredible! For some reason, it was also originally dubbed in English. The Japanese and Korean trailers were in English with respective subtitles. A bit odd. Also, the dialog track was mixed badly, and was much softer than the music and effects sounds.

Still it was fantastic. If you like anime at all, I would recommend this one highly!

11. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I'll have to check that one out. I saw the first Vampire Hunter D and liked that one. :D

12. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    I loved the first one (I own it too), but I think this new one is better. It was directed by the same guy who made Ninja Scroll and Wicked City, if you've seen either of those.

13. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Anyone gonna check-out "T3: Rise of the Machines" tonight or tomorrow? :D

14. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    The reviews of T3 actually haven't been that bad. Could the movie be actually be decent? I guess it's pretty hard to screw up a plot of a Terminator movie. Come back in time, chase person you're trying to kill.

15. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    This is true. But I also think that James Cameron did such a great job of establishing the characters and universe, that you'd have to try pretty damn hard to destroy it. And I don't think anyone would have the guts to do something like that to Cameron... ;)

16. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    I still haven't even seen Finding Nemo or 28 Days Later, and those are on my 'must see' list.

Oh, by the way, my wife rented "Frida" last night, and I watched it too. It was okay, I suppose. Not the best way to spend two hours, but if you're really curious, then knock yourself out. ;)

17. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Hmmm...I've never heard of "Frida"...what's it about? ?[face_plain]

"Nemo" is excellent...definitely worth checkin' out....and I still need to see "28 Days"...I've heard great things....hope to do so soon.

I'm goin' to a special screening of T3 tonight....I'll let you guys and gals now how it is! ;) :D

18. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Frida was that movie up for all those Academy Awards last year. Salma Hayek was in it, and it's about the life and love of a Mexican painter. Kathy Bates also doesn't appear nude in this one.

19. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm just not a big Salma Hayek fan, so I'm not sure I have a desire to see it.

T3 - I'm sure I'll see for the curiosity factor. I dunno...I liked the other two, I'm just feeling like this is one of those "Arnold needed a new Hummer" movies.

20. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    T3 = :cool:

And the ending = :eek:

That is all. ;)

21. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Well, if Sammy liked it, I just may have to go see T3. Someone who likes Cabin Boy has got to have a refined taste for movies ;)

22. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    [face_laugh]

That's right. ;)

23. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Alright. We'll go see it. So that means I need to see The Hulk and Terminator this week. There's a few others I'm missing as well.

24. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Okay, my husband kidnapped me today from work and we went to go see The Hulk. I was totally impressed. The movie was about so much more than the CGI - which was incredible and didn't detract from the story at all. The acting was superb. I give it a thumbs up. :D

25. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Told you ;) I thought the Hulk was really well done. It could have been a complete "bash 'em up" popcorn flick, but it had a lot going on. Good stuff, says I.

I'm already looking forward to getting a lot of this summer's movies on DVD, and try them out on my system at home. I've been steadily upgrading most of this year. I just bought a progressive scan DVD player, so I'm getting a great picture (on a 55" widescreen monitor). I've still got to upgrade my speakers though and do a little more tweaking. :D I'm trying to make it so I never have to leave the house. Hopefully, I can retire in a few years....but probably not :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.