main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Arena The Theist/Atheist Thunderdome™

Discussion in 'Community' started by Harpua, Jan 29, 2014.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

There is no better than animated, flustered Fillion...

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    iiiiiiiiiilllllll bite

harpua likes this.
  3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, but your sense of humor is poorly developed. You're like Woody Allen, minus the child rape.

Aw yeah... there's Thunderdome material... kill him dead.

Rogue_Ten and Ender Sai like this.
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Thank you?

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Harpua, what I am I meant to do? My reaction is largely "not sure if serious", "good troll bro" and "Shirley, you cannot be serious". Fillion says all of that and more.

My only conclusion is that Moviefan was watching The Amazing Spiderman and confused the Lizard with actual events. Or he literally thinks a group of Christians gathered for a circle jerk prayer and prayed so damned hard an amputee crapped a new limb out.

6. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
    One of my favorite videos about fundamentalist who take their religion to literally.

UNLIMITED POWER likes this.
  7. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

haha this guy's mannerisms remind me of nothing so much as a five year old animatedly telling a disinterested grownup about the dinosaur he saw in the back yard

UNLIMITED POWER, harpua and Hank Hill like this.
  8. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

this was in the suggested links and its the greatest thing. just keep watching. you wont regret it

charismatic christians are the best christians

UNLIMITED POWER and Hank Hill like this.
  9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    If prayer worked, there would be no cancer, AIDS, famine or amputees.

10. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
    I miss Christopher Hitchens.

timmoishere and UNLIMITED POWER like this.
  11. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Okay. Kindly introduce me to them please.

Hank Hill and timmoishere like this.
  12. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    Jesus said, "With God, all things are possible." I think one reason why more miracles don't happen is because so few people truly trust God to do it, without doubting Him in their hearts. I wrestle with that myself every day...but to quote Jesse Duplantis, "Either you're lying, or God's lying...I pick you."

I haven't met anyone personally who had that experience, but I've heard a few reports about such things.

13. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Pics or it didn't happen.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    You've heard of a few reports? You weren't curious to see the evidence? The bible says--about true saints--that signs and wonders shall follow them. I don't take that to mean "rumors and second hand information", I take that to mean factual accounts. This is the information age. If this is happening, people would be posting pictures of themselves on the internet--pre and post miracle. I'm supposed to take that on faith, I guess. I guess Jesus is telling all of these people not to go and show the world his wonderful miracles.

timmoishere likes this.
  15. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    In this age, pictures can also be faked with programs like Photoshop. If someone did claim a miracle with a photo like that, folks like you would instantly cry foul...because you refuse to believe in anything you can't detect with your senses.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Doesn't matter, we're crying foul as it is, because we refuse to believe in anything that plainly made up.

17. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    It definitely matters, because you've already decided to reject any possibility of the supernatural...and that's far from any kind of "inclusive" stance.

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Ah. Okay. So they simply refuse to produce actual evidence because someone will still say that it is fake. Better not show any at all then. It would be pretty difficult, I think, to dispute a known amputee, in his or her community, showing up the next day with a fully functioning appendage. There's no photoshop for revising someone's entire history.

Let's pretend that most churches and missionaries don't document their services regularly, and still nothing like an armless man showing up to a service and going away with a new arm.

And don't say "folks like you" like I'm automatically shooting things down left and right. I've asked you to produce a sliver of evidence for a claim you've just obviously pulled out of thin air and third party reports and accepted as fact. I'm very terribly sorry that I'd rather see it--you know, the same way Thomas did that one time--because I'd like to know for sure. Jesus didn't condemn Thomas for that, and if he could extend that courtesy to one person I don't see why he couldn't do the same here.

Point Given and Hank Hill like this.
  19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    So you're serious about this? This is something you truly believe is an actual thing? Why?

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Um, yeah.

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I wasn't claiming inclusivity; my philosophy does not permit blatant fabrications with literally no supporting evidence, for example.

22. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    Because I'm a Christian, not an atheist or naturalist. I believe that God can do anything He wants with His creations, unless He's already promised otherwise.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So where are the photos so we can claim they're photoshopped? Shouldn't matter, right, since you'll know in your heart of hearts that they're real?

24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

Okay.... you believe, because you're a Christian. If you don't mind (well, actually, it doesn't matter if you mind or not, I'm doing this), I'm going to invite some other Christians to chime in on this.

Rogue1-and-a-half solojones Kyle Katarn PRENNTACULAR Katya Jade

25. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    People who outright reject the supernatural could watch a real-time video of it happening, and they still wouldn't believe it. Jesus encountered folks with the same nature in His earthly ministry, and told them, "the only sign you shall receive is that of the prophet Jonah", referring to His crucifixion and resurrection.