main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Arena The Theist/Atheist Thunderdome™

Discussion in 'Community' started by Harpua, Jan 29, 2014.

1. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Cool. But I wish you would keep rapping.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I'm sure that it would leave all the crowds clapping.

3. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I'm sure that it would leave all the crowds clapping.

4. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    The crowds would start clapping//
    and now I will start rapping//

cuz some old posters wanna disrespect and hate on it//
    that's why their girl wanna take my - put it in their - and suffocate on it.//
    Ask who's the best? guarantee they'll say: comet!!//

don't need guns or threats, they know I'm not the one to press//
    your either scared or unprepared, but I'm never one to guess//

This is the rebirth of an ayatollah, the remaking of a legend//
    They'll still be talking about me on here, in 2087.//

and on my way to heaven, I'll look down and just laugh//
    at the poor souls who led themselves to feel the brunt of my wrath.//

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  5. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Hey now look what the cat dragged in//
    Some big head brother that thinks he can win

Coming back to this site cause you like to roam//
    You must be looking for the old folks' home

Your lines are stale//
    You're about to fail//
    'Fore we continue, let me give you a chance to bail

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  6. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
  7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    EDIT: For your convenience, here it is:

Ghost and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Within days of his return, comet is having a rap battle with Wocky. [face_party]

I won't throw down any sick rhymes myself. As you can tell by my icon, some other dude snagged my rap name.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    there's a tv show in there I'm sure .

11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, God, a guy who actually drove his Ferrari onto the platform during a sermon? That is just the worst. What a gross thing to do.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Prosperity Gospel, baby!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    You're looking for Real Preachers of LA, which A)does in fact already exist and B)is exactly as disgusting as it sounds.

gezvader28 likes this.
  14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    We get those TV "preachers" in the UK and I honestly watched one of them, suggesting the audience to, ask God to find the money to come to his big festival - which was $200. How is **** like that allowed on TV?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    If it pays it stays.

16. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    [​IMG]

I hate religion

17. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Lord of Vivec you are supposed to be on my team.

Chromide likes this.
  18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
  19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And he said, “God gave me a Ferrari because I am a Ferrari. You’re a Ferrari too.”

So. Where is my Ferrari, god??

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You're just too sinful and don't have enough faith.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Okay, I missed this post and it has made me angry.

How can a statue, an inanimate object, be considered 'a sign of hope' for surviving a windy day? Surely, you know, real human beings surviving might be a tad more significant. But, oh wait, it's the G-man's one night stand....ah, explains everything *slaps forehead* silly me. Silly ******' me.

Call me old fashion, but wouldn't a better sign of hope from God involve not sending lethal storms to kill people? Especially those church goers in Texas (maybe he is fed up with them being in his house all the time?)

11 people trapped in a subme....oh wait *drum roll* BUT THIS STATUE OF MARY IS A-OKAY! HUZZAH!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Lord Vivec and Darth_Voider like this.
  22. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    It's almost as if God....

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Plus, isn't being grateful for a statue of Mary surviving in breach of the Second Commandment? Is Lord Vivec awake to confirm this? He holds a doctorate in Catholicism.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Interesting trends in my homestate:

http://wpri.com/2017/09/06/ri-remains-most-catholic-state-in-the-country/

RI remains most Catholic state in the country

More than 1 in 5 state residents now have no religious affiliation, survey says

Rhode Island remains the most Catholic state in the U.S., while its second-largest faith group is individuals with no religious affiliation at all, according to a new study out Wednesday.
    A total of 41% of Rhode Islanders identified as Roman Catholic in a survey about 101,000 Americans conducted from January 2016 to January 2017 by the Public Religion Research Institute, a nonprofit organization based in Washington.

The results are about in line with other recent surveys conducted by the institute and the Pew Research Center, which pegged the self-identified Catholic share of Rhode Island’s population between 42% and 44%. A decade ago a Trinity College survey put the Catholic share at 46%, down from 62% in 1990.

It remains unclear whether Rhode Island has seen its population’s Catholic percentage shrink recently or if the dip is statistical noise. The latest institute survey polled 369 Rhode Islanders, a small sample size but significantly more than it did for previous surveys, which polled fewer than 200 residents.

The institute’s researchers found that while the Northeast is “no longer the epicenter of American Catholicism,” it is still home to the most heavily Catholic states – not only Rhode Island at 41%, but also Massachusetts (34%), New Jersey (34%), New York (31%), and Connecticut (31%).

The survey also showed the Catholic Church is undergoing what the researchers called “an ethnic transformation,” with more than half of under-30 Catholics nationwide now being Hispanic, versus only 36% who are white non-Hispanic. In Rhode Island, non-Hispanic whites still make up three-fourths of the Catholic population.

As previous surveys have indicated, the second-biggest religious tradition in Rhode Island today is no religion at all; 23% of Rhode Islanders surveyed described themselves as religiously unaffiliated. The state’s No. 3 religious tradition was white mainline Protestant, at 11%.

“The unprecedented growth of the religiously unaffiliated has made this group much more complex,” Dan Cox, the institute’s research director, said in a statement. “For example, atheists and agnostics, two of the most known subgroups among the unaffiliated, account for just a sliver of the entire group.” More than half of religiously unaffiliated Americans identify as secular, while 16% say they still identify as a “religious person.”

Nationwide, the survey found a continuing decline in the share of Americans who are white Christians. In Rhode Island, their share of the population has fallen from 55% in 2007 to 50% in 2016. The change was even starker in Massachusetts, where the share of white Christians dropped from 62% to 42% in just nine years.

“This report provides solid evidence of a new, second wave of white Christian decline that is occurring among white evangelical Protestants just over the last decade in the U.S.,” Robert P. Jones, the institute’s CEO, said in a statement.

Here is how Rhode Island’s religious landscape broke down in the new survey:
    • White Catholic: 32%
    • Unaffiliated: 23%
    • White mainline Protestant: 11%
    • Hispanic Catholic: 7%
    • White evangelical Protestant: 6%
    • Hispanic Protestant: 5%
    • Buddhist: 2%
    • Jewish: 2%
    • Other non-white Catholic: 2%
    • Black Protestant: 1%
    • Hindu: 1%
    • Jehovah’s Witness: 1%