main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Theory of the Magical Ghost Body

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Finally, a theory that may explain the reason why some jedi come back as spirits after death. (or become one with the force as some say) this is known as the Magical Ghost Body Theory.

When A Jedi (Knight or Master) dies or is Killed while Luke Skywalker is watching, they automatically qualify for a magical Ghost body. Obi Wan, Yoda and Anakin Skywalker all managed this. a few points to consider:

Obi Wan, during his duel with Vader cleverly waited until Luke was in the Hangar before he let down his guard and let vader strike him down.

Yoda had to wait for luke to return to Dagoba in ROTJ before laying to rest, so that he could get his magical ghost body.

Darth Vader, in the throne room duel, decided to throw Palpatine down the shaft, so that the Emperor wouldnt die in front of Luke and be able to return in a spirit form. Then Anakin died in front of luke to qualify for his magical ghost body.

Qui Gonn obviously didnt die in front of luke, so thats why he hasnt come back as a spirit.

So there we have it. :)

2. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    I think the difference is just that Obi Wan and Yoda willingly gave themselves to the Force, whereas Qui-Gon (and all the Jedi killed on Geonosis) were just killed.

I appreciate this argument could go on for hours.

3. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Although Chansplace's "theory" is obviously a joke (I've called the men in white coats already ;) ), we've already heard Qui-Gon's voice in Episode II, so it's possible we'll see Qui-Gon's ghost in Episode III.

This would be similar to what happens near the end of Episode IV with Obi-Wan talking to Luke, then we saw him as a "ghost" in Episode V.

4. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    A joke?? :mad: why I oughtta...

Are you sure it was Qui Gonn speaking in Episode II, just a flashback voice over thingy?

5. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    lucas did say that voice was liam neesons

6. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    I was damn sure that it was neesons voice too! nice to hear george confirms it cheers Ace! :)

7. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Um in the novel it said that Yoda heard Qui Gon as well

8. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

The rumor is that George Lucas used a sound bite from Episode I and Liam Nesson didn't even know he was "in" Episode II. :)

9. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    when does this voice thing happen? I can't recall when I heard - if I did - Liam's voice!

What scene?

BTW: nice topic Chans! :D

10. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    When Anakin was killing the Tusken Raiders, Aand Yoda sensed the "pain, suffering and death", you could hear Liam/Qui-Gon yell something like, "Anakin! Anakin!"

11. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    yeah It was "no! anakin no!!" or something similar will be interesting to see if the DVD will have the scene that was supossedly to show ani slaughtering the tuskens! would be nice if they could integrate the cutscenes into the dvd so you could actually watch the movie with them in.

12. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I thought it was Qui Gonns voice when Anakin and himself were getting chased by Maul on tatooine in Episode I. He says "Anakin, Drop!". to me, the voice in Episode II sounded similar, with the "drop" deleted an the "Anakin" repeated. if so that might explain the rumour of the sound bite from EI. If he does in fact say, "No Anakin, No!"
    then its a different story, we may yet see Qui gonn in a Magical Ghost Body.

13. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I remember from watching the EP1 DVD that the cutscenes, once having watched them seperately, when u watch the movie again, they are inside it somehow.

Weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.