main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Theory's You Think Of To Make EVERYTHING Fit!?!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TOD-UK, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    It seems we're all guilty of thinking up insane theories to make every aspect of the EU fit together. We're all made to draw invisible connections to books and plotlines that have absolutley no relation.

I have just tried to think of some examples, but failed. (Always happens as soon as a blank pad appears?!?)

Um..what about....

The seemingly shadow hands of Lumiya and Nom Anor in almost anything?

The current spate of Thrawn-Palpatine links? ;)

But, I digress, I was just reading the first 2 Galaxy Of Fear books (don't ask) and was wondering about the planet D'vouran.

We know that the scientist who conducted the experiments with the planet was working under instruction from Darth Vader. Is it possible Vader was trying to awaken sentience in the planet ala Zanoma Sekot. After all, he had visited the planet as a Padawan, and must have been still aware of it's power after his fall to the DS. Maybe he was trying to create another Zanoma Sekot, with the aim of harnessing it's raw power for the use of the Empire.

Bearing in mind that the revelations of TUF are still years away.

Anyone wanna have some fun with this particu;ar tangental theory?

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I think that it works, paticularly with things like HNN and some of the comics, but I don't like how some people really reach for an answer with two almost unrelated topics/.

3. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    Granted. I mean with the clone wars, it just makes that area of time much more interesting and complex. A better woven history you might say.

But even some of the offical lines, like Lumiya training Carnor Jax, are way too tenuous.

4. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Personally, I always liked to believe that Jax learned the dark side from being so near Palpatine while guarding him. If you were Force-sensitive and it was your job to follow a Sith master around and you sometimes listened to him discussing the Force with his dark side adepts, you might start to try out some tricks during your time off. However, I know that Lumiya secretly training him is now official.

I've been trying to figure out a way to fit all the playable characters (even the hidden ones) into the story for Star Wars: Demolition. Most of the regular characters are obvious. They were all just trying to gain favor with Jabba and possibly secure a higher position in his court. I figure Leia was there as Boussh in an earlier attempt to gain a position in Jabba's court. The Wookie driving the ATT (I forget his name) was probably Chewbacca in disguise trying the same thing. Lobot was probably forced to enter by the Imperial captain that ran Cloud City just for the captain's own amusement. Darth Maul was probably cloned (AGAIN if you believe "Resurrection" could fit in continuity)in secret by the Emperor and was trying to gain access to the palace so he could steal Han and use him to lure Luke into a trap and kill him, thereby regaining the Emperor's favor. And Aurra Sing.... Maybe to get back at Boba Fett?

5. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    It seems we're all guilty of thinking up insane theories to make every aspect of the EU fit together. We're all made to draw invisible connections to books and plotlines that have absolutley no relation.

*Cough**Hack* "THRAWNMcEWOK!" *cough* Ahem. 8-}

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Actually Darth Rotten, all of the demolition main cast(Wade Vox, Quagga, Pugwis, Aurra Sing, Wittin, General Otto, Tia & Ghia, Malakili, Boba Fett, and Lando Calrissian) have background stories already. Just read the manual, or got o the official demolitions site, also watch the cutscenes.

Quagga was not Chewbacca, and gamer implied he died during match (choosing the losing ending cutscene for him).

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/demolition/images/characters/quagga_head.gif]

"A master mechanic, Quagga learned his craft as slave apprentice to a skilled Imperial engineer. When his master bought Quagga?s freedom, the Wookiee settled on the outskirts of Tatooine?s Anchorhead, where he struggled to establish a service and restoration garage. Unfortunately, competition from local Jawas, Quagga?s expensive methods, and the garage?s remote location have kept customers away. With his business on the brink of financial ruin, Quagga has entered Jabba?s competition piloting a fully-refurbished AAT battle tank. Quagga hopes to win the event, which will supply the prize money he needs to lease a garage in the heart of Mos Eisley, and prove to potential clients that retro engineering still yields superior results..."

As for Aurra Sing, she was going after Wade Vox;

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/demolition/images/characters/aurra_head.gif]

"Aurra Sing was once a Jedi hopeful, but her darker tendencies forced her from the order. She has since become one of the most infamous bounty hunters in the galaxy. Using her connection to the Force, Aurra has pursued Jedi since the days of the Old Republic, collecting their lightsabers as trophies. Soon after the Battle of Hoth, she followed her instincts to Jabba the Hutt?s palace, sensing a new Force wielder. But her victim has been difficult to spot until his powers surface, and Aurra must bide her time. To identify her prey, Aurra has entered Jabba?s demolition contest, riding her ancient swoop. If nothing else, the event will allow her to hone her deadly skills..."

Wade Vox;

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/demolition/images/characters/wade_head.gif]

"Son of enterprising merchants from Alderaan, Wade Vox was piloting one of his family?s transports along the Corellian Run when the Death Star destroyed his home planet. Distraught and destitute, Wade sought out risky contracts and dangerous smuggling runs. Unfortunately, when Wade refused to pay Jabba?s protection levy at the Mos Eisley spaceport, the crime lord became enraged. Jabba?s cronies captured Wade and Jabba forced Vox to participate in his brutal underground contests. Though he is no stranger to combat, Wade would have been killed in his first few matches if not for his growing connection to the Force. He has heard of the legendary Jedi and is determined to master his unique gift. The daring youth is also pleased to learn that his recently acquired landspeeder, which he purchased from the spacer BoShek, once belonged to Rebel hero Luke Skywalker. Wade feels that he too will one day accomplish great things, but first he must escape the Hutt..."

See cutscenes for more info.

The secret characters with the exception of Lobot, do not normally show up during the course of the normal game and therefore are not part of the story.

Only Lobot can be seen to be competing in the match during the normal game, so he is specifically part of the story.

Also according to the EU, see NEGTC for example, the match only occured on Tatooine. It did not occur on Yavin, DSII, Hoth, Naboo, or any other planets.

7. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    *Cough**Hack* "THRAWNMcEWOK!" *cough* Ahem. [\i]

Glad someone else piked up on it :D

8. Virulence

Virulence Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2004
    My theory to make it all fit together is to trust LucasBooks. They have done a good job IMHO, and I think there is no reason for that to change.

Vir

9. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    Trust Lucasbooks?

Hello?!? Are you sure you mean that? At the end of the day, it's Lucasbooks that are responsible for each and every EU gaff.

10. Virulence

Virulence Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2004
    Not everyone is perfect.

However, like it or not, LucasBooks ensures the continued existence of new Star Wars Books. And if you were continuity director, I think you would have just as hard of a time fitting it all together. Only through their massive efforts do we continue to be blessed with new reading material.

11. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    But, back to the topic at hand....

D'vouran & Zenoma Sekot anyone?

12. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Trust the editors who changed the timeline placement for RSBF out of the blue because they messed up some place else (just one example ...)?

NFW

13. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    I forgot the most blatant one.

Mike Stackpole seems to be flavour of the month, lets just drop his character right into the middle of the KJA trilogy that no-one like much.

14. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I must admit I, Jedi was better than JAT at the Jedi Academy storyline. IMO. Maybe because Stackploe is better than KJA.

15. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    I have one that I thought of recently. Maybe the Sentinels in Dark Empire are actually clones of Durge. We know he was in suspended animation for 1000 years before the CW and presumeably the Sith woke him up. Maybe Sideous had a genetic sample taken before he was revived and later cloned him to make a legion of incredibly strong guards that can regenerate. Just a theory that I think would be cool if it were true.
    I also have a theory that the Chiss government we met in SQ is not the same as the one we saw in NJO:FH. Five of the Nine Ruling Chiss Families took their citizens and went to hide in the Redoubt in anticipation of the Vong threat. The remaining four families (that included Thrawn's family, House Nuruodo, and those that believe the Chiss should be able to strike first in a conflict)contacted the Empire of the Hand and asked General Soontir Fel to come and lead their military, which he did. The EOTH was then destroyed by the Vong early in the war.
    Just a few of my theories.

16. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm quite disappointed. I was expecting ol' Thrawn McEwok to run with the D'vouran/Zenoma link....

17. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    >>"Maybe the Sentinels in Dark Empire are actually clones of Durge."<<

DSS says they are in fact Dark Side creations from stock tissue

18. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "The sentinels are clones, mutated by the Dark Side Adepts as part of their training. During the growth cycle, odd chemicles that supress the growth of higher brain functions are introduced. Simultaneously, the adepts attempt to form a mental link to them. If the process is successful, the Sentinels end as automatons; living statues dependent on the will of the Adepts themselves for purpose or movement. If the process is unsuccessful, the living monstrosities are diposed of. For the duration of the wretched being's existance, it is the slave of the Dark Side ADept, knowing no other will than the Adepts's.-DESB, pg 67.

19. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    Just chasing up this latest fad o' mine (I'm sure it's just a phase)

Heres a prime example of what I'm on about.

The Continuity Error That Grew and Grew
    http://boards.theforce.net/Literature/b10003/15207169/?44

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.