main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Things That Made CIII great For Me

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The Texas Twins [face_love]-----Fate's adorable face :*-----Carmen's booty [face_mischief]-----Trefff(Good luck for the two of you)-----Paul and Brian are two of the funniest people I have ever met-----B's NOSE :eek:-----I met Mrs. Skinnee-----The look on people's faces when the met the legenday AmazingB-----8 MINUTES OF ROTS FILM FOOTAGE THAT MADE MY INNER CHILD WEEP WITH JOY =D= Bashers...go screw yourselves-----Picture taking with the costumed denziens of a Galaxy Far Far Away-----4...count them...4 C3 exclusive action figures-----Titty Bob's even though we never got there-----Pod Racing with the AC-----$7,700 raised for the 501st-----Meeting Nien Numb(Mike Quinn) and making him laugh when I told him about the ROTJ parody in Mad magazine featuring the "Mickey Mouse Operation" panel-----5 feet of Millenium Falcon-----Quote "Thermonuclear Detonator"-----Jillians-----Various and numerous alcoholic beverages-----"Miami Vice with Chris-----Learning there will be 100 hours of Star Wars live action TV-----An Hour with Warwick and the unintentionally funny Loyd-----Getting to know a hot police woman while waiting in line for C3 exclusives-----"Darth Vader with his helmut off, enjoying a beer-----B found Porkins-----From Star Wars in 30 minutes: "You will be, YOU WILL BE!", "Carrie!", and the guy who played Jabba [face_laugh]-----meeting various JC'ers-----One last orgy hug with Paul and the Texas Twins-----

LOL.

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Vader tell me did you have any problems at all.

oh I met Mike last year. He is a cool guy.

3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The only real problem was the weather, I had no intention to stand in line all night, sleeping in the rain, while waiting to see George Lucas.

The lines were of course long and tiring, but it was to be expected and I had good company to keep things entertaining.

Dammit, forgot to add something to the first post: Announcment by GL and details from Rick McCallum that there will be 100 hours of a live action Star Wars TV show to take place between EP3 and EP4.

EDIT: Edited that into to first post. ;)

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Glad to hear all the good things, rather than the bad.
    I have met Mike Quinn several times. He is a regular at our cons out here in Cali's Bay area. He is a sweet and funny guy!

5. OldjediMasterYoda

OldjediMasterYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005

Meeting Greedo and finding out C3PO got him that job was pretty cool, Admiral Ozzel was great too nice guy!!

besdies the line and the heinous store it was a lot of fun, many great memories, hats off to the 501 for doing a better job running things than anyone

6. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Peter Mayhew was kinda sleepy by the time I got to him, but he was still really nice.

Temmora Morrison was awsome. I am a fanclub member but not a fanforce member..so I don't know people by their first names..but

I really enjoyed the Assaj Ventress costume..

the many excellent Mandalorian costumes

was Carmen the slave Leia? ;/

who are the Texas Twins?

Saw some great Quin-Lan Vos's I could go on but I'll stop there

Pretty good discussion with Jake Lloyd hosted by Warrick Davis and his daughter..

Also loved the one man Star Wars...

(only bad thing for me is I had to scalp myself a Saturday Pass!)

7. ChancellorDecorum

ChancellorDecorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    Mike Quinn was great, both the time spent with him and Bodie Taylor were definitely worth the money paid for the autographs. It's nice to see people who are willing to have a conversation with instead of your sign your picture quickly and move on to the next person!

8. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Carmen is Carmenite42, I'm told she has a superb rear.

The Texas Twins are Glymmer and her twin sister.

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The texas Twins are Darth Glymmer and her sister Mysty. Mysty is also the hot police woman.

EDIT: Oops, Fate beat me to it.

10. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Ah ha!

Well I would have been the guy in the Revenge of the Sith teaser poster T-shirt....

:D Anybody see me? lol

11. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Well I would have been the guy in the Revenge of the Sith teaser poster T-shirt....

Oh you're the one. I was the stormtrooper, did you see me?

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  13. Cpt_Obvious

Cpt_Obvious Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    What made C3 for me? Well, I would have to narrow it to the first day since that was the only day I was there, but one thing stands out in my mind.

Meeting Tom Derby, CEO of Cloud City Collectibles, presenting him with a Phat T-Shirt, and picking up a $10,000 toy donation and trying to fit it into a Hyundai Santa Fe and the back of a small pick up to go to the Riley Children's Hospital.

14. StormtrooperJay

StormtrooperJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2004
    The fact that after I saw Star Wars as a 7 year old when it came out, I never thought they would hold such a thing.

But going there, meeting Dave Prowse and actually talking with him when he signed my 'Darth Vader's Arrival' painting done bt Ralph McQuarrie. He had never seen it before, so he asked about it. Me and Maul2931 got to go behind the table and get our pic with him. I stood next to Darth Vader himself, and he was NOT the onery Brit a lot of people made him out to be.Then he signed a pic for my 3 year old son who eats, sleeps and plays Vader all day. To see him write it out personally to my son was awesome!!

Plus, I got to meet Bodie Taylor. Me and Maul2931 got our pic with him posing as 3 Clonetroopers. I actually talked to him for a few and found out what was in the bowl in AOTC!! He is a funny guy.

I saw Daniel Logan tell a 6 year old that he would eat the Star Wars M&M's the kid gave him later, and they would fill his stomach with the Force to make it through the rest of the day.How cool is that?

All of the rest of the fans that were there, some in awe as I was seeing the people that I idolize in a way, as my den is FULL of SW things-posters, figures, movies, collectables, and now Dave Prowse and Bodie Taylor autographs.

And finally, to watch A New Hope on the bigscreen with a room full of fans and hearing the explosions of applauses when the characters appeared for the first time-I still have goosebumps.

There were bad things too, but not as nearly as much as things to the good.

15. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Well it is nice to you got to meet up with everyone.

Honestly I would have gone just to meet everyone. Thats all.

16. Aaron2010

Aaron2010 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2005
    C3 was great!!

I got to sit with Dave Prowse all morning this morning while he signed autographs. That was the thrill of the weekend for me. To top it off, I got a photo and an autograph from him to take home.

I also hung out with Nalini Krishan yesterday. She was extremely nice and very pretty too. Wow!

I saw the spectacular footage twice, the archive exhibit twice, the opening ceremonies, and came home with 1 exclusive figure. I really spent most of my time in the autograph hall working, but I had the greatest time. I did spend an hour or so in the Store Line, but saw where that was going in a hurry. Luckily I gave up early.

If you didn't expect long lines, you haven't been paying much attention. On the other hand, GenCon did screw some things up.

All in all, it was just as good as C2. Not worse, for sure.

17. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    speaking of nalini crishan, some friends and i met her and her boyfriend at the fan force party friday night. we just hung out and chatted with them (mostly him due to the fact that she was being very friendly with anyone that approched her) for the longest time. they were both loads of fun.

18. ARC-Trooper_Lt

ARC-Trooper_Lt Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    The autograph hall was the greatest for me, meeting Bodie Taylor was awesome, thank the maker.

19. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Lol Fate

anyway, great stories... keepem coming

I realize now next time I really will have to go all out.

20. Aaron2010

Aaron2010 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2005
    Nalini's boyfriend was really cool as well. You're right.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Next time, I need to wear a costume. The attention one gets while in costume is amazing.

I might even consider volunteering to work at least some portion of C4. You get lots of nice perks when you volunteer.

22. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Being part of the 501st
    Hanging out with the 501st (again)
    Being asked by other 501st members what garrison I'm in :)
    Meeting David Prowse at the 501st/RL/FF Party
    Meeting Steve Sansweet at the same party
    Hanging out with Darth_Tofu at the Celebration party and commenting on how lame it was
    Being the first Stormtrooper in line for the parade on Thursday
    The Stormtrooper Olympics
    Meeting so many JCers (thanks MrSkinne for starting the nametag thread again!)
    Walking around the halls with my helmet on with one of my garrison members
    Being in both the 501st big pictures
    Seeing the Ep III footage (last showing! who was there! I was one of the stormtroopers in the back!)
    Working at the C3 store with the sotrmtrooper who ran the NYC marathon :)
    Walking around my post at the C3 store with an E-11 blaster... with my Jedi costume on (thanks to one of my garrison members :))
    Meeting some people that I haven't seen in months and even years in the JCers case. ;)

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I'd love a full account of your experiance working the Store, and what perks you got from it please.

24. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    All of you people.

That's it.

¤Night

25. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I had the time of my life; not only did I get to do the cool things that have already been mentioned, but I got to hang (get tipsy) with the 'talent' privately with my Mom until 6AM Sunday in a private setting. It was so fun, I hesitate to say who was there and what went down out of respect for the guests. I was pleasantly suprised I was actually remembered and got smootches the next day when we visited the autograph hall-even if people were were still wearing the clothes from the night before while signing.
    Needless to say, no one would believe what went down even if I told them. [face_devil][face_shame_on_you]
    I didn't hurt that I made other great friends to keep in touch with, either. I just wish more of them were close!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.