main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Things we Accept 1/1 *Dare Challenge, Intertrilogy*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Juliet316, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Title: The Things we Accept
    Author(s): Juliet316
    Timeframe: Intertrilogy
    Characters: Vader, Sidious, Empire
    Genre: Angst, Vignette
    Keywords: Dare Challenge, Vader, Sidious, Empire
    Summary: It's amazing what we're willing to accept with the right influence.
    Notes: This is my response to the Dare Challenge. Challenge is as follows:

The transition from the Republic to the Empire as we know it in ANH didn't occur overnight. There are a lot of changes that couldn't have possibly been touched on in the timeframe of ROTS, most prominantly being the Empires stance on Xenophobia. We know Palpatine kept both human and non-human aides, and Vader's true frustrations came from the Jedi themselves.
    The Challenge is to touch upon how these changes are introduced and developed during the Inter-Trilogy Era. How does Vader respond, since he's never seemed to be given to Xenophobia.

The Things we Accept

It's amazing the things we accept when we allow ourselves to turn the other way to them.

Take the Empire. There have been things that I have turned my back on at the behest at my Master.

Like the relations with other alien races. In retrospect this started changing with the clone wars. Relations between alien species and the Republic began to cool even then. It was true that a vast majority of the separatist worlds were of alien origin, but the Jedi had striven to maintain ties with those races that remained within the republic. The Chancellor seemed conciliatory to those races in plight from the Separatists

Then, it seemed almost from the moment that my Master had revealed himself to be the Sith Lord and became the Emperor, things changed. Within days of the war ending, while I was being rebuilt, he introduced several laws that severely restricted alien movement. Within a year Interspeices mating was outlawed. Overtime several races were sent to prison camps and some where wiped out completely. My Master said he had compelling evidence that several races where conspiring to overthrow the human controlled Empire and enslave the human populace like they had on Tatoonie.

The Gungun race was one of those races that where wiped out in the bombing of Naboo as reprisal for Amidala's betrayal. I lead that campaign personally shortly after her funeral. Senator Binks and several members of the Naberrie family and Amidala's former handmaidens were publicly executed as an example of what could happen if anymore Senators were found to be harboring Jedi or Force Sensitive children.

For the most part I left most things interspieces to the Emperor and his lapdog Tarkin who seemed to be the coldest person I had ever met. Beyond those that were clearly trying to undermine the Empire and those that had Jedi among their ranks recently, I had no problem with the various races. My focus was on the Jedi and their ilk. I was focused in destroying the Jedi.

There were few times I ever took pleasure in destroying alien creatures. One time was delivering Justice to the Tusken Raiders for the murder of my Mother. The other was when I personally executed Watto for his slave practices. The Emperor delivered him to me personally so that I would not have to go back to the wretched planet of my birth.

Though I may sometimes not agree without matters with other races are done, he is still the Emperor and what he feels is best for the Empire is what shall be done.

One matter I do agree with is keeping women out of the power structures. Afterall as my Master pointed out if my own wretched wife would betray me by bringing her Jedi lover with her to Mustafar to kill me, then she and all of her gender were capable of anything. Keeping women out of power where they weren't as capable of betrayal was the best thing for all involved. This one woman, Ysanne Isard, I will have to watch carefully. The Emperor seems to think her trustworthy, but then again, I thought the same of Amidala as well.

Good, my plans are almost complete. Tantive IV will head for the trap I have laid out. I look forward to finally captu

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very interesting response.

3. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Afterall as my Master pointed out if my own wretched wife would betray me by Jedi lover come with her to Mustafar to kill me, then she and all of her gender were capable of anything.

[face_laugh] Now THAT is twisted logic.

This was pretty good. =D= =D= =D=

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    fic edited.

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Posts and runs, Juliet316? Now why would you do that when this was an excellently written Vig?

I thought the explanations for everything were very, very plausible. Vader executing Watto. The Naberrie's executions, everything made sense and it filled in the gaps of the story. I dare say because you fot the requirements of the challenge perfectly.

I thoroughly enjoyed this! you have a very lyrical, easy to read writing style. Bravo!

6. Just-Plain-Shmi

Just-Plain-Shmi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    I've often wondered what became of Watto! ;)

There were few times I ever took pleasure in destroying alien creatures. One time was delivering Justice to the Tusken Raiders for the murder of my Mother. The other was when I personally executed Watto for his slave practices. The Emperor delivered him to me personally so that I would not have to go back to the wretched planet of my birth.

And I can see Vader doing just that! =D=

7. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Very powerful vignette, Juliet316!

Afterall as my Master pointed out if my own wretched wife would betray me by bringing her Jedi lover with her to Mustafar to kill me, then she and all of her gender were capable of anything. Keeping women out of power where they weren't as capable of betrayal was the best thing for all involved.

I found this part particularly interesting. It seems very Vader-ish.

Excellent response! =D=

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Thanks to all that commented and thanks to corellian_ale for giving me my dare. :)

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    That was... cold, Juliet. In an awesome way, that is. Perfect representation of Anakin's turn to the Dark Side, how he, a former slave, can accept such injustice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.