main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The third edition of the 2004 Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Why don't we add Jango & Bobo Fett while were at it?

This is a Jedi Draft, we should keep it the way it has been, with Force Users only.

2. Blade_Of_Elu

Blade_Of_Elu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2003
    That is true, it's a Jedi(and Sith :p ) Draft with Force Users. Grievous uses lightsabers, but he's not a force user.

3. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    ^ I do not believe we know that for sure...But is a bounty hunter on par with the General? Not by a long shot

Grievious could very well have midiclorians in his blood that enhance even his droid enhanced reflexes

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    Boba Fett went toe to toe with Vader, don't underestimate his skill.

5. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    and Grievious mopped the floor with about 8 jedi...it's not even a contest b/w the two

6. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    You don't know that, the episode left the ending open.

Obviously many of the Jedi escaped, Grevious could have been hacked to pieces and rebuilt by Dooku.

Also, why not kill Dooku if he is all powerful, why be subservient to somebody weaker then yourself?

Grevious was subservient to Dooku, because Dooku was better then him, and in turn Vader was better then Dooku.

7. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Coming after you there bb

Haha I welcome your challenge lurker!

I see we have a few rookies in this one! I am looking forward to getting revenge on Gaeri, and Niktos!

8. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    And I'm looking forward to disappointing you bburditt.

Last draft I asked Madine if Grievous would be in the free agent pool and he said that he wouldn't since to our knowledge he is not a force user. I would think Horax will take the same approach.

9. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    About Greivous, in the 3nsa,he is no longer considered a spoiler, and if we dont use bounty hunters why do we use aurra sing?

10. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    and if we dont use bounty hunters why do we use aurra sing?

Because Aurra Sing was a Jedi padawan before she went bad. :)

11. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Haha I welcome your challenge lurker!

If it is me and you there bb, you will be going down faster than a cheer leader on prom night.

12. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    I would not underestimate Ghost_Jedi...he has proved to me many times on 3nsa, that he knows what hes talking about

About Grievious... He wasnt subservient to Dooku. Dooku was the political leader of the Separtists, while Grievious was the military leader. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, and for Grievious to try and kill Dooku would possibly remove the charismatic leader that attracts systems to the cause... I see the two being on equal footing myself, but that could be changed or proved in III

The way I see it, Grievious should be in this draft because he would put up an incredible fight with most of the Jedi in the draft...I like to believe that the reason we don't include bounty hunters is that the fighters in this draft use lightsabres to fight and that is what we judge them on...To leave the General out is depriving this draft of one of the most powerful players that could be involved

13. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    Grevious was subservient to Dooku, you proved it right there. What you said is comparable to saying Thrawn, or Tarkin were on equal footing with Palpatine because they led the military.

We've already denied Darth Revan from the Jedi Drafts, he deserves to be there far more then Grevious.

14. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    i see thrawn and tarkin being farther down on the chain of command than Grievous....He leads the military, and we don't know the heirarchy of the Separtist leadership, but it says on the OS that the General became the face of the Seperatist movement, even more terrifying than Dooku

I just want to see the best possible teams formed, and when you keep out someone who is more powerful than most of the Jedi, it hurts the draft

15. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    If we allow GG we add one more angle and level of intrigue to the matchups, and factors that the judges can/must take into consideration

and e_w thanks for the compliment

16. Mr-Sith-

Mr-Sith- Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2004
    Dang, I just missed it. If theres any way I can be involved please, let mah know.

17. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    Tarkin and Thrawn were as far up in the Imperial Hierarchy as they could possibly go. Militarily Thrawn would wipe the floor with Grevious.

You must realize that few outside the Jedi knew just how dangerous Dooku was, the reason people were scared of Grevious was his appearance. If you saw Grevious you would remember his face, granted you would remember Dooku, but Dooku wasn't driving through the Expansion Regions, and the Inner Rim, looking towards the Core.

Though if we do settle on Grevious joining the game, I move that Reven also be instated in the Draft.

18. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    If we allow Grievous to be a part of the Draft, then I demand we have the Lightsaber-wielding droid that Vader trains against in Shadows of the Empire [face_plain]

No to Grievous. Yes to Revan.

~Corran

19. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Grievous isnt just a droid. He's part droid, part sentinent being. He can kill Jedi Knights and Masters with ease. We don't know if he is a force user or not. We don't have any evidence pointing either way. I understand what you're saying JYA...i just feel the Grievous is more on par with Dooku than Tarkin was with Palps.

20. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I see we judge this when Episode 3 comes out. :p

21. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    I'm not underestimating lurker, I am just really cocky.

22. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Hay bb, you thought you were some sort of rookie sensation, well now you are just going into your sophmore slump, so I suggest ...

Step aside and let the man come through

23. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    *steps aside*

Make sure to look down and put your hands out when you walk by.

:p

24. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001

The problem with Darth-Revan is the fact that he is different in every game of KOTOR! His character is NOT defined due to the fact that everybody who plays the game creates a different character that IS Revan.

I don't see how we could judge him as some people may have had him as a bad boy fighter, and others had him as force powerful being with little fighting skill.

Also, did he turn to the light or the dark? It depends on who was playing the game.

As far GG, he's not here yet due to the fact that he may be no more than a souped up battle droid, but I am willing to listen to arguments on his behalf.

25. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    If saw Ch. 20 of the Clone Wars, he wiped the floor of 2 Council Members, 1 Jedi Master, 3 Knights, and a Padawan.

Those skills are clearly defined right there. Also unlike Tarkin, GG is in at the forefront of the battle. He fights, not just simply commnads.

and bb, you better pick up that soap you dropped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.