main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The third edition of the 2004 Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    The Match-Up - Janson's Yellow Jedi vs. The Unified Force

Both teams are high on skill, as well as cohesion. I feel that the top 3 of TUF is stronger than JYJ, as Yoda > Dooku, Piell > Asajj, and Nomi > Sora. I would give the advantage in the bottom 3 to JYJ, but it's close. Strength in the Force would go to TUF, with the likes of Yoda and the Sunriders. Overall, when looking at cohesion, both teams have their strong points, but while Bastilla is skilled in Battle Meditation, she's not as skilled as Nomi is. With Yoda at the head, I feel that TUF would be able to pull out the victory here.

The Winner: The Unified Force

Love it or Hate it, that's my pick

Let's Get it On!!

~Corran

2. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    LOSER'S BRACKET:

Semi-Finals: Janson's Yellow Jedi - Featuring: Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress, Sora Bulq, Quinlan Vos, Bastila Shan, and Aurra Sing
    vs. The Unified Force - Featuring: Yoda, Even Piell, Nomi Sunrider, Dark Woman, A'Sharad Hett, and Vima Sunrider

Two very nice teams here. Yoda and Dooku are nice leaders, but it's obvious that Yoda is the better one. While I think Asajj is better than Even, I think Nomi might give her a run for her money. Bulq is nice, but he isn't going to beat Nomi or Even. I also think that JYJ has a better bottom three, mainly because of Bastila and Vos, but I don't feel that the team is better in the top three. I agree with Corran about BM. Bastila is good, but not as good as Nomi in that category. I think experience is pretty good for both teams. But after all of that, I have to think logically. I felt that Mr_Sith's team was better than Gaeri's and that JYJ was better than Sith's team. I think this is a good darkside team, and Bastila is a nice steal here. I think JYJ would sneak the win here because of nice individual and powerful fighters.

Winner: Janson's Yellow Jedi

3. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Alright, now that my computer is healthy again (I hope), we can continue. I got this from Horax:

Janson's Yellow Jedi - Featuring: Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress, Sora Bulq, Quinlan Vos, Bastila Shan, and Aurra Sing
    vs.
    The Unified Force - Featuring: Yoda, Even Piell, Nomi Sunrider, Dark Woman, A'Sharad Hett, and Vima Sunrider

Decision: Wow...a battle of dark vs light here...who'd a thunk it? This is a close call, what with the Yellow Jedi (should be yellow Sith, by the way) and their extremely cohesive unit...with most of them being trained by Dooku. However, TUF has Yoda and Piell, who are awesome, plus the Sunrider combo coupled with Darkie and Hettie. This is a close battle, but the darkside is not as strong as teh light. TUF takes it.

I'll have the Finals Match-up posted soon.

~Corran

4. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Results of Team Battles:

Loser's Bracket:

Semi-Finals:
    Janson's Yellow Jedi are taken down by The Unified Force

Final Results of Semi-Finals:

Loser's Bracket:

Semi-Finals:
    Janson's Yellow Jedi are eliminated by The Unified Force 2-5

Well, sadly we must now bid farewell to Janson's Yellow Jedi. They made it to the Final Three, but fell just short of moving on. Buh-bye.

The time has come. The Finals are here! Two teams remain, yet only one will hold the title of Draft Champion! The table have turned since the last Draft, as the undefeated Saber_Leader and The Saber Masters sit just one win away from the Championship. Standing in his way, however, is the returning champion Gaeri and The Unified Force, who return to the Finals thanks to some nice numbers from Co-GM SuperVader. But The Unified Force has their work cut out for them, as they must defeat The Saber Masters twice if they wish to capture a second Championship. What will happen? There's only one way to find out. Let's start the Finals!!

The Finals:

The Saber Masters (3-0) vs. The Unified Force (4-1)

GMs! Submit your numbers now!!

Let's Get it On!!

~Corran

5. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Uhh, I don't know how Horax thinks the lights is stronger, because it depends on the user. Once more, people are jaded by the movies.

)~(Sith)~(

6. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Hopefully I'll need to change my icon soon :D

7. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    The numbers are in, and we're starting with a doozy. The first number of the Finals shall be...3!!

Finals:

Luke Skywalker vs. Yoda

Let's Get it On!!

~Corran

8. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    :eek:

)~(Sith)~(

9. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    The Match-Up - Luke Skywalker vs. Yoda

I'm not really going to go into a lot of detail, because I've already gone full-out on this match last Draft. But I'll sum up. Few can rival Yoda in terms of Force Power or Saber Skill, but Luke is one of them. One of Yoda's biggest bonuses is his tremendous amount of experience. However, it's not like he was flipping around with his lightsaber for 900 years. Truth be told, Yoda didn't like raising his saber in combat, but we've all seen how good he is when he does decide to fight. Luke, however, has been fighting for most of his life. Luke is a warrior, and Yoda is not. That doesn't mean Yoda is any less of a Jedi, but when it comes to fighting, Luke is King. He was trained to be a weapon against Darkness, and that is what he has become. I strongly feel that Luke is probably the only one who can hand Yoda a loss, and I give Luke the win here.

The Winner: Luke Skywalker

Love it or Hate it, that is my pick

Let's Get it On!!

~Corran

10. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Wow talk about a huge opening match. I think whoever wins this battle will win this round.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
  12. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    ^^^^^^ Copy cat. :p

)~(Sith)~(

13. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    "Finals:
    Luke Skywalker vs. Yoda "

Well,here we go again. :p But seriouly,I remember this match from one of the previous drafts,and man I know it would be hard one to judge. :)

P.S-Sorry I havn't been around much to check on how this draft was going,it looks like there were some good matchups though. :)

14. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    FINALS

Battle: The Saber Masters vs. The Unified Force
    Luke Skywalker vs. Yoda

Well, this is as good as it gets. While Yoda may not be a fighter, that certainly doesn't mean he isn't a damn good one. We've only seen limited action from Yoda, but what have seen from him is tremendous use of the Force. Luke is indeed a warrior, though. He kicks ass in The Unifying Force. These are both leading Jedi Masters of their time. Yoda, I believe, would get the experience though. This would go the full run, but I think the experience and Force power of Yoda would just give him the win here. Hell of a match-up.

Winner: Yoda

15. Saber_Leader

Jan 28, 2003
    Luke Skywalker vs. Yoda

:_|

16. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    From Horax via E-mail:

This is tough. I think about Luke and his restoration of the Jedi order. I think of Yoda not being able to see through the shroud of the darkside. I think of Luke beating the baddest Sith of all as a simple Padawan. I think of Yoda teaching Luke the ways of the force. I think that Yoda, in his prime, has few peers. However, Luke has no peers while in his prime. I feel deep down that Luke is stronger than Yoda in the ways of the force, but in swordsmanship, it's not as clear cut. Yoda trained others while Luke basically taught himself. I'm giving this match to Luke, as he is the son of the chosen one, and does more than Yoda even though he has less to work with.

Results of Round 1:

Finals:

Luke Skywalker defeats Yoda

After Round 1:

Finals:

The Saber Masters 1 - The Unified Force 0

Ladies and Gentlemen, do not adjust your computer screen. You read it correctly - Yoda has lost. It is only now, in the 6th Jedi Draft, that the unbeatable one has finally fallen. Wow...

Well, let's no stall any longer, let's keep going. The next number for this round is...5!!

Finals:

Kam Solusar vs. Vima Sunrider and Nomi Sunrider

Let's Get it On!!

~Corran

17. Saber_Leader

Jan 28, 2003
    Luke Skywalker defeats Yoda

:eek: :eek: :D

Woohoo!
    I really thought Horax would vote for Yoda. But I total agree with his decision. :D

And this battle might be over. Luke was one win, the auto win from the Sunrider Trump, and Thon can take anyone else, even if Dark Woman/Hett are Trumped again. From the last time I faced Gaeri, I won the team battle, so I only need three individual wins to take this. Which I think I have.

And way to go Kam. Never won a match, but always faced the number one or two player.

18. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    Yoda has been beaten. Wow. Oh well, move along, move along. :p

I think we have a new champion. What with the two wins already from Luke and the auto, and like he said Thon can beat anybody. He has the team battles. Wow.

)~(Sith)~(

19. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Wow the verdict has been changed since the last round, and it looks like SL will indeed be getting a new icon.

Luke Skywalker for MVP!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. SuperVader

SuperVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2002
    Wow that was an odd turn around by Horax...:p not that I dont disagree with it honestly...Luke is numero uno in my opinion as well but really Yoda losing is really shocking...hmmm Gaeri isnt going to like me anymore :( :p

21. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    The trump would take the win.

22. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Its about time Luke beats Yoda. Luke really is the best Jedi/Sith of all time in my book. Yoda does have the experience but in his 900 he may have fought only one person in a saber duel and that is Dooku. With the Sith presumed extinct it is hard to imagine when else he would've done it. Plus Luke fought his entire life.

23. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Yoda lost! :eek: :eek: :eek: Nice....*eats popcorn and watches* Must see the champion.

24. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    That was quite the surprising vote on Horax's part. Looking forward to next draft to see who goes #1. ;)

25. IkritMan

IkritMan Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    I echo SecondBest's judgement, but oh well. Yoda had to lose sometime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.