main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Third Installment of the 2005 Jedi Draft!!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    blocks brick and sends it back faster that kakky can react

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    Is it my turn in there?
    I was not notified, and I checked in this morning....

Or are you kidding?

Madine out

3. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003

Burd, I dont know what you are smoking, but there is no way this deformed vong can defeat a fully trained battled hardened Jedi Master.

SLIC3!!!!

Decision: Plo Koon

4. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Unless bburditt reads all I posted and realizes his judgment was incorrect and he changes his vote, we have to wait now for Shadow to judge for Plo over this poser.

I am willing to give bburditt the benefit of the doubt - perhaps he just thought Onimi was someone else. He probably just got confused or something.

Anyway, we wait for bburditt to respond and/or Shadow to log on.

Madine out

5. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Does he even USE a lightsaber? How could he win?

Does Thon even use a lightsaber? We have no proof of him whatsoever using a lightsaber. None. At all.

6. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    With all due respect, Mr_Sith, with the evidence presented above, that is quite a weak argument.

Where did bburditt go?

Madine out

7. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    I wasn't even responding to you yet. It's not like someone who hasn't read a single NJO book can just rip out all of this information.

8. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    I may not have read teh NJO, but I give credit where it is due. It seems to me that the idea of a force sensitive Vong (something that naturally repels the force) makes the whole story line flawed. However, we're not here to discuss that right now.

This Onimi character, or whatever, is not on record of fighting even a droid, but we're constantly saying how PT jedi suck cause they "only fight droids" when there's evidence of more. See Koon, Plo or Jinn, Qui-Gon.

I've fought against Thon being as powerful as he is due to his lack of a lightsaber as well. He's powerful, yes, but he also uses more than just a modified amped up mind trick. Would this Onimi character have been able to control the minds of Jedi? No...he controlled the weak minded Vong. Big freakin' deal.

9. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Great point, glad to see we are in agreement

[face_plain] .....

Madine out

10. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    I'm sorry guys, but my mind is elsewhere today because a car fell on my dad's chest last night. I was watching TV, and I hear this screams in the garage, and I race downstairs. And I hear my dad screaming. I never want to hear him scream like that again.

But hey, I'm deeply sorry if I can't benefit you with my time.

11. SuperVader

SuperVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2002
    Sorry to hear about that sith...I hope your dad wasn't too badly injured.

12. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    1. Plo is a fully fledged COUNCIL MEMBER!!!!
    2. He is a Jedi Master
    3. He must have experience, otherwise, he wouldn't be on the council
    4. He's battle hardened
    5. He looks gooooood!!!! [face_peace]

Oh, and Onimi is crap, and would get totally owned by the Kel-Dor.

13. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    Listen, Madine, time and time again it has been PROVEN that ability to block blasters doesn't translate into actual combat skill. Do you know what it took to survive Geonosis? One thing - not using Form VI. Now he's a little above a Pooka.

Onimi can make Force lightning out of his NERVOUS IMPULSES. Without standing in place, too - in other words, he has a weapon that blocks a lightsaber, the difference is that he can use it in more places than just shooting it from his hands. Onimi has telekinesis on the scale of mass that Sidious was tossing around in ROTS.

He can instantly convert his breath, fingernail residue, and sweat into instant acting toxins. And this is no half-assed toxin, this knocks people cold. Jedi cold. Descendants of the FORCE COLD. So in otherwords - he needs to breathe within a meter of you to kill you.

Koon has assumed experience, assumed power. Do I really need to delve into why being a Jedi Master on the Council means crap? Do I? Because I will. Perhaps Koon should fight another force user.

14. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    First of all, don't EVER demand that I change my vote again. EVER! Where do you get the ego to pull crap like that? If anything, I should use my commish power to boot you from the damn draft with that kind of an arrogant ego and comment. Christ.

Secondly, You keep posting this crap about Plo being a Jedi Master, being friends with Qui-Gon, and being trained by Tyvokka. TYVOKKA AND QUI-GON SUCK! Ooooooooooooh, he trained Bultar Swan... oooooooh she let out a scream in Geonosis. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. Onimi LED the Vong army, a war that seemed to give LUKE SKYWALKER quite the hard time. Onimi's poison knocked out Jaina. Oh, and another thing, don't compare Koon to Jacen Solo, ever, that's purely laughable.

Regardless of what you posted of Koon, you still gave me absolutely NO back-up of him EVER being in a fight! Big deal, he was on the council, so was Trebor, Poof, Gallia, Rancissis, etc. Are they good fighters? Hell no! And Horax, you really need to get your facts straight. Onimi, fighting through Shimmra, injured LUKE SKYWALKER. Jacen took him out, but it certainly wasn't easy. He doesn't need a lightsaber, he has super speed, and deadly toxins. If he can injure Luke Skywalker in a fight, he sure as hell can beat the crap out of a bum like Plo Koon. Onimi doesn't have a lightsaber, and doesn't have any reason for me to think he has any skill, I can concede to that, BUT NEITHER DOES KOON. Onimi KICKS KOON'S ASS in power and experience.

My vote stands, get real.

15. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    I call them as I see them, and it is completely obvious that bburditt did not research this - read his reasoning.

SITH - PPOR[. All this is baloney until proof is provided. I provided actual written proof. Perhaps Suzuki can feed you information faster than I can look up, but I looked up both contestants, and posted the findings.

And I proved Plo's prowess and he can use lightning too it seems ! Which will negate Onimi's sad sad pitiful UNTRAINED power.

No, he is a lackey with brains, who has NEVER SHOWN US ANY POWER - he did not fight that much if at all if I recall, so Post Proof or Retract.

And even if you can, Plo still has him beat, for all the reasons I have already posted in the previous posts.

Madine out

EDIT: burd, All you read is the bull about who is friends with? What about the rest of the post? I did not edit the paragraphs I found, I posted as they were published, so there is extranious stuff in there, sure, but the important stuff you conveniently did not mention.

OOOOOOOOOOO deadly toxins - fighting through others is not the same as fighting for yourself.

Plo can block lasers as was pointed out, very well. He can block force-lightning with the saber too. We have seen that done in the PT by Yoda, Mace., etc.

Do not mean to piss you off, bburditt, but your judgment was flippant, and this is the finals, and Onimi has not shown a thing, not even fighting for himself in an arena surrounded by so many droids most Jedi did not survive. Not even that.

I actually READ the books, bburditt, you did not. DO not tell me what you THINK you know about a character, you have actually no knowledge of.

Madine out

16. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Maybe you should have just said that from teh start? :)

Is he even a jedi or sith?

17. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I agree with Burd. Some folks around here need a sense of perspective. My vote goes to Onimi, who has shown ten times the power of the "almighty" council member. Were there anything to back up Plo being such a "superb warrior", my vote might be different, but as it stands...

18. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    "Onimi's true potency lay in his abilities to amplify the electric current that flowed through his body, or - like Vergere - to call on his refined metabolism to fashion molecules and compounds, and deliver them through his curving yellow fingernails, his single fang, his blood, sweat, saliva, and breath. But where Vergere had learned to produce emollients and healing tears, Onimi was capable of producing a brew of fast-acting and deadly toxins. Compared to the former shaper's mastery of Yuuzhan Vong bioscience, Vergere had been a mere adept."

The Unifying Force, harcover, page 469.

19. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Next number of the finals called is 3!!!!!

Finals: The Brooklyn Jedi (GenMadine) (0) vs. D-Unit (Mr_Sith) (3)
    Vodo Siosk-Baas vs. Darth Bane

ON WITH THE DRAFT!!!

20. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Ah, well, TNJO strikes again.

Everyone wants me to post proof for my guy - not one post has been made to back up these Onimi claims.

Not one.

Please do.

Let's hope he does not face Mace next round, I may have my hands full.

Bburditt - again, I did not slam you before the last post, because I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. But again, a more thorough post of your judgment was all you really needed to do. Your casual decision led me to the conclusion - especially in light of last round when you undervalued my team. Can see how this Onimi decision-train-of-thought was brought about ?

And where did you get all this Onimi info if you did not read the books? Please tell, I would like to read it,

Madine out

21. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    And where did you get all this Onimi info if you did not read the books? Please tell, I would like to read it,

Does it really matter where I got the information? Fact is, I proved you wrong, the judges proved you wrong, and it stands at that.

22. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    I wish I had banned people feeding me excerpts of books and info to help me post here in the finals....

Oh, well....

Madine out

23. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    It wouldn't matter if the Dalai Lama himself came out to Reno, Nevada, got on his knees, with page 469 of TUF open, and read it to me. The fact remains.

I wish I had banned people feeding me excerpts of books and info to help me post here in the finals....

The fact that he's banned has nothing to do with it. This was over MSN, and Strilo and whoever can check my PM box if they want.

24. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004

Vodo wins.

The Winner: Vodo Siosk-Baas

ON WITH THE DRAFT!!!

[b]Madine, I know you didn't mean to piss me off, but don't ever tell me or anyone else to change their judgement again. If you are that pissed off about an intelligent call, argue with Horax, he picked us. If anything, you should be yelling at Ghost for not doing his research. Giving Koon a slice over Onimi? Man that's so absurd that I want to hurl. If ANYONE can provide me with an actual example, and not talk, of why Koon is so good, then I will bow on the ground and kiss their feet.

Secondly, apparently you did NOT read the books. You don't even know what damn gender Onimi is. Sith provided you with a quote, and all you provided me with was crap. No experience, no skill, and no power. Sure, there's a lot a talk about him being powerful, but Onimi has proved it, Koon hasn't. Plus, it's a lot easier to find information about a book than you think, I don't need to read every adjective and pronoun to know the FACTS of what Onimi has actually done. Internet, love it.[/b]

25. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003

The more powerful Bane vs. the more skilled Vodo. I have to go with Vodo on this one. He has simply proved himself to be better. It's relatively close, though.

Winner: Vodo Siosk-Baas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.