main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Third Installment of the 2005 Jedi Draft!!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Oppo can conduct force lightning in super-time, create deadly toxins from every pore in his body, and completely take over the mind of many deadly warriors?

I didn't know that, so that answer to your question, is yes, I would vote Oppo over Koon.

2. StayOffMyJock

StayOffMyJock Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Your just voting for Mace because he's black! Affirmtative action has no place here!

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Link10584/Other/Jock.jpg]

3. Saora_Bin

Saora_Bin Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    Well, I was planning on joining the next draft, and then subsequently get owned, so I guessed I was the ever so lowest form of rookie.

Crowd Member works for me, though.

4. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Crowd memebers...............:rolleyes: They suck.

:p

5. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Now, please Ghost, if you ignore this, we are done, please find me evidence of Koon's fighting experience. I've asked nicely enough for it all day long, I grow tired of asking for it.

6. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Alright then.

Well, Shadow doesn't look like he's logging on tonight, so I'm going to bed.

7. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Finals: The Brooklyn Jedi (GenMadine) (3) vs. D-Unit (Mr_Sith) (3)
    Mace Windu, Ulic Qel-Droma, Vodo Siosk-Baas, Plo Koon, Cay Qel-Droma, Tott Donetta

vs.

Darth Vader, Darth Malak, Asajj Ventress, Onimi, Darth Sion, Darth Bane

Mace < Vader
    Ulic > Malak
    Vodo barely < Asajj
    Plo << Onimi
    Cay << Sion
    Tott << Bane

Basically, I agree with Burd's assesment of the match. Madine's backfield is just way too outclassed for their superior cohesion to make much of a difference in this battle. The more skilled, much more powerful, and arguably, more experienced team takes the match and the title here.

WINNER, AND NEW CHAMPION

Mr_Sith and his D-D-D-D-D-Unit!

Congratulations, Sith man. You earned it. [face_dancing]

Also, tough luck, Madine. You had an outstanding team, just not quite good enough, it seems. Better luck next time, dude. :)

And the same goes to everyone else who bowed out before the end. I'd like to say again that this was easily the most competitive draft I've ever seen, and there were no truly horrible teams. Not one.

Anyways, I had a lot of fun judging, but I hope to grab a GM spot next draft and show you all how it's done. [face_mischief] :D

So until next time...

[Rick James] It's a celebration, *****es! [/Rick James]

8. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    Good work Sithy, and may the force be with you, and your colors :D

Good job!

=D=

9. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Good job Sith, if you GM next time it's going to be downright scary if you put a team together that you actually think is good! :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Zonama_Mekot

Zonama_Mekot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    'Grats Sith... I think next draft as soon as Im done drafting Im gonna talk about how this is my worst team and how I have no chance this draft. It seemed to be good luck for you this time around :p

11. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Congrats Sith

12. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    Sith, man, you did it.

Welcome to the championship table man.

At the end of it all, you played the right numbers. Which got you the win.

A return to the finals was a long time coming for The Brooklyn Jedi, and it was amazing to get this far. But to lose to a veteran player makes the sting of defeat hurt less.

See you next draft when you defend your title.

Madine out

13. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Well, firstly, let me give a big congratulations to Mr_Sith, he must have free agent dropped and picked-up about 80 times throughout the draft, and it apparently paid off. Well earned, and I hope you enjoy your colours (which I will get Strilo to give you after I post this message)

Secondly, Madine, well fought battle, expect the ban shortly.

I would also like to extend a thank you to all 16 GMs who participated in this draft. Your excellent drafting made for quite the exciting draft from my perspective, and your participation was much appreciated.

My judges, although we disagreed a lot, and strongly disagreed a few times, you two were two of the best judges I could ask for. I thank you very much for your time and effort in making this draft run as smoothly as I had hoped for.

Lastly, Ghost and Madine, me and the each of you got pretty ugly for a while there yesterday, and I want to say no hard feelings on my part, no one ever always agrees, as was shown yesterday. My apologies for any rude things I said.

With that, this is the end of The Third Installment of the 2005 Jedi Draft, and we'll see you in two weeks on July 28, 2005. Hopefully between 8-11 am board time. See you then!

14. Zonama_Mekot

Jan 25, 2004
    Is it too early for a LAST POST?

15. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    *marks date on calendar*

... I hate you, Burd, you ugly bucket of suck. [face_plain] Why? Just because. :D

16. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    I MSN IMed bburditt last night, before Shadow's ruling, and apologized for my part and behavior towards him, in case you all were wondering.

I will be gone all weekend. Have a good one, I will be on with a sock throughout the day.

Madine out

17. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Well, the Underdog Story is complete, I guess. It was a very good match Madine, and for the sake of the other draftees, it's too bad it didn't go to round 3 to make things more exciting. And I'd probably have to say that the team MVP is Malak. He busted Corran's trump to get me here, and the beat the Cay/Tott trump.

Thanks guys, I didn't think I had ANY chance WHATSOEVER of winning this draft, but I guess even the crappiest of teams can win against the best with good numbers. :)

18. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/ignant/MattDamon.bmp]

Matt Damon!

19. Zonama_Mekot

Jan 25, 2004
    Yeah, thats right. Ninety-One thousand one hundred.

20. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    If anyone is curious, Sith would have won 4-2 in take 3 anyways, so the team battle didn't matter!! Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaahahahahaaha.

21. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
  22. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    We should have all sorts of awards like.. best overall, best newcommer, best oldbie etc...

23. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    I should get best newcommer.

24. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    I could work on a few awards, I suppose. I had planned on typing some out a while back, but my schedule caught up to me. I might have some time later today, though. We'll see.

25. Zonama_Mekot

Jan 25, 2004
    Im clearly a front runner in the category -

Best Team to lose to SecondBest in the quarterfinals

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.