main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Thoughts that Count -- Author's thanks (UDC)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    So this was the final one.... it is really like you saved the best for last. =D=

A great set and it just fits perfectly that you let Ben have the final thoughts here, and that those are thoughts about the love and passion that existed between his parents.

People die, accomplishments fade, all things must end; so it was with my parents. It?s fitting that they are remembered most for their brightest gift: their passionate love, which ascended to legend.

This is how I want to remember them too, no matter what is going to happen lately.

cheers,

VeryBusy

2. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    What a perfect ending, with Ben remembering his parents. Beautifully done. Bravo! =D= =D= =D=

Now you can get back to working on An Alliance at Alida's. ;)

3. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    This set was like poetry - such beautiful pictures painted across my imagination!
    =D=

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Sheer poetry! =D=

Favorite moment: He lovingly framed her features beneath these hands, her voice in this devoted heart. She cherished every aspect of him as if he were a part of her own being. :_|

What a phenomenal response to the challenge, sister pilot! Bravo and well done! =D=

5. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    That was beautiful. Well done.

Congratulations on finishing. =D=

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Oh wow...

I have no words, diva. That final set is some of the most beautiful prose I have ever read. [face_love]

People die, accomplishments fade, all things must end; so it was with my parents. It?s fitting that they are remembered most for their brightest gift: their passionate love, which ascended to legend.

And now you've brought tears to my eyes. @};-

Congratulations on finishing the drabbles, but I confess that I am sad to see it end. I adore the whole series and thank you so much for sharing your incredible talent! =D=

[:D][:D][:D]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I can't stand it: Trace's comment made me just want to reiterate: your talent is incredible, indeed! You pick words that will pack an emotional punch and move the heart, and that's something few of even very prolific professionals can claim to do. :) So... thanks again for sharing these snapshots of the most incredible love story ever! :) [face_dancing]

8. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Night before last, my dad and I were sitting alone in a truck by a lake, watching the Thanksgiving fireworks our city puts on every year. It was quiet, it was cold, it was beautiful, and the radio was playing. A country song came on--twangily cliche, and I almost reached out to turn it off. But I didn't. The song continued, and as it went on, it deepened and widened to something that transcended genre and time. By the end, there were tears in my eyes. Dad laughed at me--then looked out at the stars and the fireworks, and said very quietly, "Poetic, huh?"

Maybe you're wondering why I'm rambling on about country music and fireworks. But that moment created a feeling in me that is very much like the feeling I have right now, just having finished your drabbles. At the beginning, I was skeptical of the idea; after all, how much can you do with tiny chunks of story like these? But I didn't turn them off--and there are tears in my eyes. Thank you, divapilot, for sharing this with us.

Poetic indeed!

@};- @};- @};-

9. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Now that I finally got my Internet back up, I made the perfect cup of hot chocolate to go with your amazing drabbles updates.

Deceit

I love how you jump right into Mara drawing up her skills from her earlier days. Yes, she may be a Jedi Master. However, the skills from long ago can help her, too. Although it scares me to learn your tale of how Mara became desensitized to Jacen's Sithly ways. Throat and Skin had me squirming with discomfort. [face_worried]

Departure

All the Luke/Mara interaction had me floating until Nine counted down and took the wind out of my sails. Your build ups to plot and action always leave my jaw hanging. :eek:

Legend

Wow...=D=

Each person hopes that in the bleakest winter, spring will arrive, as promised. That?s the way with love: when all hope seems denied and loneliness shadows our days, there comes a reminder that true happiness can and does exist. For a blissful moment, the light and the lantern, the path and the walker, can become one and the same. Both lead and both follow. They are one soul.

I needed to quote that. Lady Diva, you are one gifted writer. Every time I read something of yours, I learn a new skill. The ease in how your words create beautiful, melodic, and poetic pictures just gives me chills. You, my friend, are awe-inspiring. @};-

Wonderful work on the drabbles. Congratulations on completeing them! My hats off to you! =D= @};- @};- :D

10. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Week 17: Correspondence

you can provide a family history for Luke

That line hit me. :_| So much of who he is came from Owen and Beru.

My aunt and uncle (our father?s step brother) had this in our home.

Well, gosh, you're not going to tell us what it is?! I hope it's the vegetable processor Beru was using in ANH. :p

(We need to order more food!! ? & make sure to update the credcard. I don?t like surprise bills.)

I loved this! So natural and normal. [face_love]

Week 18: Deceit:

An uncomfortable person avoids looking you in the face; but a person who is evil will stare you directly in the eyes.

Ooooh. I'll remember that next time I'm being questioned. [face_mischief] I loved the subtle evil Jacen projected, and the way you described the memory wipe. Especially interesting was how Mara remembered the Emperor, in contrast to forgetting her coveration with Anakin.

Week 19: Departure:

Why didn?t he just wake up and fix it?

Ahhhhh! I don't know whether to cry or be creeped out! That was not the departure I was expecting. And of course, I loved it. :D

Week 20: Legend

Wow. I don't know what to say except that this set squeezed at my heart.

Instead, I remember that summer evening when my family lay outside at night at our campsite, the sky so close that it seemed I could reach up, shake the heavens, and the stars would rain down upon us.

I especially adored this line - amazing imagery.

Twenty weeks! I can't believe it's been that long. You've produced incredible drabbles, and if I hadn't already been a fan of your work, by golly I would be now. Thank you for the ride. [:D]

11. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    She felt it was something she ought to have remembered. The void where a memory should have been made her skin crawl.

Oooh, creepy. :eek: And finally, an explanation for Mara's blindness that makes sense! :D

I was thinking of the short story ?Harrison Bergeron? by Kurt Vonnegut.

I love Harrison Bergeron! :D Great parallel there. :D

He pulled her closer. ?My life broke apart the day you left,? he said hoarsely. ?Now I can finally make it better.?

She smiled understandingly, raised his right hand to her lips, and kissed it. For the first time, he felt her gentle touch against the skin of his palm.

I can't decide whether my reaction is more :_| or [face_love] . Poor Artoo, though. Ben better take good care of him.

In that moment, there was only the two of them. They weren?t Jedi masters, historical figures, public guardians, or even my parents. They were a man and a woman, fingers interlocked, moving closer with each imagined beat. The peaceful evening spun softly around them and they seemed to steer by the stars.

That's my very favorite part of the last set. [face_love] I think that in a lot of ways, Luke and Mara's ideal life would have been a slightly more ordinary one. Not that they don't derive satisfaction from their calling as Jedi, but it's very much a life of self-sacrifice, and one that's more thrust upon them than truly chosen. I guess I'm thinking of "What Do the Simple Folk Do" from Camelot; the simple folk ultimately do the same as the royal folk, but both groups still daydream about what it would be like to live the other life. I can see Luke and Mara occasionally fantasizing about being ordinary.

It's been a marvelous twenty weeks, my dear. I never would have believed so many stories could be so well told in drabble form. Thank you for sharing all of them. [:D]

12. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade_Eyes: Diva, that was sheer and absolute poetic glory!!!

Thank you! And thank you very much for supporting me through this whole challenge. [:D]

Healer_Leona: Bravo!! What wonderfully profound words you've given us.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the kind words you?ve had throughout this challenge.O:)

Ginchy: Oh, these are so beautiful. I love 'seeing' how Ben remembers his parents, and their love of each other and him. I think The Path and the Walker is my favorite, but all are wonderful!

Thank you, Ginchy! I thought it was appropriate to end with a retrospective of Ben, especially since he gets born in the first drabble set here. I appreciate your kind support, lady.;)

I'm so sad your drabbles are over--I've enjoyed them all so much! Take a bow, lady--it's well deserved!

Thanks, my friend. It was a fun challenge.:)

Verybusy: So this was the final one.... it is really like you saved the best for last. A great set and it just fits perfectly that you let Ben have the final thoughts here, and that those are thoughts about the love and passion that existed between his parents.

Thanks! I think that Luke and Mara have a rare, special love. I?m happy to end this challenge on that reflection.[face_love]

Jedi-2B: What a perfect ending, with Ben remembering his parents. Beautifully done. Bravo!

Thank you! Glad you liked them.:)

Now you can get back to working on An Alliance at Alida's.

Yes, I?m still working on that too ? more L/M mush. [face_love]

Blue_Milkshake: This set was like poetry - such beautiful pictures painted across my imagination!

Thank you! I appreciate that.:D

Jade_Pilot: Sheer poetry! What a phenomenal response to the challenge, sister pilot! Bravo and well done!

Thanks, JP! They were fun. I?ve enjoyed reading your drabbles and everyone else?s, too![face_dancing]

Rogue_Pilot_2347: That was beautiful. Well done. Congratulations on finishing.

Thank you! I?m glad you liked them.:)

Jedi_Trace: Oh wow... I have no words, diva. Congratulations on finishing the drabbles, but I confess that I am sad to see it end. I adore the whole series and thank you so much for sharing your incredible talent!

Thank you, Jedi_Trace! I?m honored by your comments. [:D]

Jade_Eyes: thanks again for sharing these snapshots of the most incredible love story ever!

You?re very welcome! Thank you for your kind words.@};-

Furrylittlebantha: At the beginning, I was skeptical of the idea; after all, how much can you do with tiny chunks of story like these? But I didn't turn them off--and there are tears in my eyes. Thank you, divapilot, for sharing this with us. Poetic indeed!

Thank you, Furry. I?m touched. Thank you for your support.O:)

MirandaFair: Deceit Although it scares me to learn your tale of how Mara became desensitized to Jacen's Sithly ways. Throat and Skin had me squirming with discomfort.

Thanks! I was definitely going for creepy there.[face_mischief]

Departure All the Luke/Mara interaction had me floating until Nine counted down and took the wind out of my sails.

Sorry to be a downer. I was writing a farewell story! Thank you for commenting so supportively.:)

Legend Every time I read something of yours, I learn a new skill. The ease in how your words create beautiful, melodic, and poetic pictures just gives me chills. You, my friend, are awe-inspiring.

Ah, this from the best action writer on the boards? Thanks! High praise![face_batting]

Wonderful work on the drabbles. Congratulations on completeing them! My hats off to you!

Thank you! I?m pleased that you liked them so much.:)

JadeSolo: W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.