main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The thread to speculate about whats gonna happen in the remainder of "A Song of Ice and Fire"

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Andalite-Bandit, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I'd rather like to see her die, simply because it shocked the hell out of me.

2. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Brienne's still alive. She saved herself at the last second by saying "Sword" and thereby taking up an oath to kill Jaime.

And Catelyn ain't coming to her senses. She always was nasty, but the whole watching her son be murdered, then getting killed and brought back to life as a walking corpse has really done her in.

3. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    The current choices are: Sword, Arya or Stannis (the last one harking back to the promise that Cat made to Brienne in ACOK regarding her killing Stannis for Renly's death...)

4. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I'm not sure I like any of these choices. :p

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I have a question: is Cersei the older twin?

6. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I think so. I think this was mentioned in Feast...and I think I remember it being mentioned in another book, but I have absolutely no idea where.

7. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Yeah I remember it as well. It would explain why she's so bossy :p

8. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    That's what I thought, but I wasn't going to trek through 5000 pages to find it :)

My reason for asking is that it gives Cersei two little brothers instead of just Tyrion...

9. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Oh!! Holy crap, I didn't even think of that. How dumb am I! That is an extremely good point, and a very plausibly story line, since Jamie is so upset at her.

Wow, wouldn't that shock the hell out of her??

Just looking for some proof on the birthing thing online, i read a post by sommone who suggested that possibly Tommen was to be the little brother. But that would mean the phrophecy said the little brother, not her little brother. But who knows? I think both would be deliciously sweet.

10. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    It is the good theory! It is known that Jamie no longer cares for Cersei. Tyrion is also far away, likely.

11. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    We also had Jaime comparing Cersei's recent behaviour (esp the burning) to Aerys, and she seemed to be descending into extreme paranoia.

The main evidence against it in my mind is that Jaime counts his honour for a lot, and killing his sister + regent would be a massive stain against it.

Still...I can dream.

12. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I really want Jon and Dany to get together at the end.

I just hope that they aren't related(not that stops people in that family)

13. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    I think she said sword, not for herself but because leading up to that she was looking at Podrick's suffering in a frenzied panic, it really focused on her looking at Podrick. And so I think she said it to save him. Other choices would be the daughter's names, particullary Arya since Cat doesn't even suspect she could he alive.

-The Scummy-

14. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Does anyone know off hand of how major a role The Others will play in the story to come?

15. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    UnCat knows as much about Arya as Brienne does, but since GRRM conveniently let the spoiler slip, I've sort of stopped caring...maybe Brienne finds the truth about a lot of other things in her journey, one being that Tyrion did not actually kill Joffrey and that it was Littlefinger and the QoT.

No, please do not have Jon and Dany get together. Dany should die. and Jon should become king b/c he is PwwP.

16. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Except that Cat is now hanging around with the outlaws that found Arya in the first place, IIRC.

17. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    Here is a bit of an interview George R R Martin gave a few weeks ago:

Afterburn SF: You were forced, for reasons of length, to split A Feast for Crows into A Feast for Crows and A Dance of Dragons . Do you feel that worked out okay?

George R. R. Martin: Yeah. Well, we won?t know for sure until I finish Dance, but yes, I do think it worked pretty well. Part of me regrets having to do that. It would have been something to say for having it all in one book, but it would have been a very long book, and it wouldn?t be out yet. I mean, you?d be looking at waiting another year or something until I finished it. So, I think this way worked pretty well. Of the realistic alternatives I had, I thought it was the best choice. Not only the split, but the nature of the split, which was dividing it by character rather than simply chopping it in the middle.

Afterburn SF: Now, is A Dance of Dragons will feature the characters? stories that weren?t in A Feast for Crows?

George R. R. Martin: That?s correct, yes.

Afterburn SF: Exclusively, or will it continue characters? storylines from A Feast for Crows as well?

George R. R. Martin: It depends on length. Come back and ask me again in a few months.

Afterburn SF: An of course, I have to ask, do you have a projected time when it might be done?

George R. R. Martin: You know, I hate to say that, because I always get proved wrong. All I can say is I?m working on it as fast as I can here. I?m a little bit behind where I hoped to be, because there was so much promotion and traveling on Feast. I was on the road as much as I?ve been home for the last six months.

Afterburn SF: That, and people keep calling you for interviews.

George R. R. Martin: There?s that too.

Afterburn SF: Are you still projecting A Song of Ice and Fire to wrap up in seven volumes?

George R. R. Martin: That?s my hope, yes.

Here is the entire interview!
    http://www.afterburnsf.com/George_R_R_Martin.htm

18. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Yeah, he said he was aiming for 7 volumes back in nov when i got feast signed as well. I doubt we'll see 8, but he does like to write!

19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    When it gets to the point of ASOFAI volumes repeating what happened in the volume before, then I'll worry. ;)

E_S

20. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    There's a Tyrion sample chapter up at George's official website for anyone interested. Good reading, though obviously nothing earth-shattering revealed.

21. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm hoping for another November release but I doubt we'll get it.

22. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    I really doubt that, he'd have to be just about finished the book already. Probably still a year away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.